Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. (27532 Views)

Maryam Mairo Tambuwal Visits Ancestral Home Of Her Husband In Sokoto / Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages / Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by PhysicsQED(m): 11:12pm On Dec 19, 2011
@ thread, No ethnic group is purely homogenous anyway.

As far as Ondo, I would think that of the Yorubas there that have any non-Yoruba ancestry, there are more Yorubas mixed with Edo there than with other groups - with groups like Ifon, Idoani, Uhami/Iyayu/Ishua, Ukue-Ehuen/Ekpenni, Uhobe/Sobe, and of course, Ogho (called "Owo"wink, being there.

1 Like

Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 1:54am On Dec 20, 2011
now that baby farms have been in existence for a while now, when these children grow up with their unknowingly adoptee parents, of course many of the readings will go haywire.

just give it a couple of decades and we'll see what's been cooking.

in yorubaland though, looks run through families.

eni bi ni lan jo.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Obalufon: 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2012
What is the problem with you ibos. why don't you people leave us alone. What have we done to you igbos?. Face your region ,you hominid managed to swim across the river Niger to destroy our land, it won't be long before we chase you out of western region, you people are filled with poison ,hatred .YOU HAVE NO CONNECTION WITH US ONDO IS YORUBA EKITI IS YORUBA THOUGH SOME EDOS THINK THERE ARE DIFFERENT BUT DEEP IN THEIR HEART THEY KNOW WHERE THEY ARE FROM BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT FROM YOU IGBOS ,WE KNOW OURSELVES, WE ALL CAN TRACE OUR ANCESTRY TO ILE-IFE. WE'VE ALWAYS KNOWN THAT YOU IGBOS ARE MONKEY, HOMINID LESS THAN HUMAN AND SCIENCE HAS PROVEN THAT BEYOND ANY DOUBT THAT YOU PEOPLE ARE THE CLOSEST TO CHIMPS ,YOU PEOPLE CAN'T SURVIVE ON YOUR OWN WITHOUT SPILLING EACH OTHERS BLOOD.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110607185742AAEf9fy
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by buzzedoffbeauty(f): 4:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
I Have Seen Two Igbo Parents Who Are Dark Have Babies Way Way Lighter Than Them...not Yellow But Fair. I Wonder If They Bleach Their Children But I Dare Not Ask. I've Seen Stats And In Real Life... Most Igbo Women Bleach Their Skin. Most Yoruba Don't. Maybe Igbos have always been lighter... That doesn't mean fair in complexion... Fair is a very dull complexion. Yellow Skin Is Beautiful Because Yellow Is A Radiant Color. Most Igbos Aren't Yellow.. Their fair.. Which looks unnatural or like a genitic problem.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Obiobi8(m): 3:23am On Jan 20, 2016
bashr4:

are u sure about that ? there are lots of short people west of the niger, and i have been to all the yoruba states , they lack fine girls talkless of curves. (dont confuse obesity with curves) igbo men look intimidating because of their height and deep voice. and our women of course we already know say na them fine pass followed by the efik/ibibio then edo

There is no question about the finest women in Africa being Igbo..
99% of African beauty contests in or outside Africa are won by Igbo girls..
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Obiobi8(m): 3:33am On Jan 20, 2016
buzzedoffbeauty:
I Have Seen Two Igbo Parents Who Are Dark Have Babies Way Way Lighter Than Them...not Yellow But Fair. I Wonder If They Bleach Their Children But I Dare Not Ask. I've Seen Stats And In Real Life... Most Igbo Women Bleach Their Skin. Most Yoruba Don't. Maybe Igbos have always been lighter... That doesn't mean fair in complexion... Fair is a very dull complexion. Yellow Skin Is Beautiful Because Yellow Is A Radiant Color. Most Igbos Aren't Yellow.. Their fair.. Which looks unnatural or like a genitic problem.

I'm happy to see you find pleasure in self delusion..
Igbo people have many different skin colours and many different hues..
Some are as a result of lost populations that have likely merged through migration over time..
But some Igbo people have very light skin for the very simple reason that Igbo people are human with evolved brains and unlike some other populations we have not been killing people who are albino..

Whereas the people in the West and north with their primitive genocidal brains kill everybody who is different from them..

They have proven this with the slaughtering of Biafrans in 1966, they have proven this with GhanaMustGo in 1983 and they will prove it again and again..

Plus Yourubbers have a history of superstitious practices and magic rituals which is still prevalent in modern day as they perform rituals with any type of creature from dogs to elephant to rats and anything in between..
Benin Republic, their homeland, is regarded as the birthplace of Voodoo..
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by gregoza: 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2022
Afam4eva:
Ondo and Ekiti people are cleaner and less tribalistic than other Yoruba people. That's why I'm Forced to believe that there's something going on in their gene.
those people are from edo ancestry

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

GEJ Reacts To Buhari's Prediction Of Bloody 2015 / Photos: Gov. Fayose Distributes Christmas Chicken To Police Officers / Before Femi Adesina Tasted Power - Tunde Odesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.