Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. (27533 Views)

Maryam Mairo Tambuwal Visits Ancestral Home Of Her Husband In Sokoto / Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages / Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 7:35pm On Jul 26, 2011
those dark skins are from the pleasure of Yoruba men

laughing my butt off!!
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2011
afam4eva:

Ya'll don't know what you're talking about. Oyo people are known for dark skin and white teeth.

every part of yorubaland has dark skin and white teeth.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 7:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

EzeUche thatz always yelling about light skin Igbos is even darker than me, dark as tar. And the dude looks Yoruba. sth is going on in his genes.

That is a lie.  angry

Why continue with the insults?
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Sunofgod(m): 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I wouldnt say so because based on Afem4eva's theory, Igbos have more darkskin than light skin ppl and those dark skins are from the pleasure of Yoruba men.

EzeUche thatz always yelling about light skin Igbos is even darker than me, dark as tar. And the dude looks Yoruba. sth is going on in his genes.

Dark skin/light skin has nothing to do with genetic make up. You cant tell somebody's ancestry from their complexion.

Plus Nigeria is the number one market place in the world for skin bleaching creams so that puts a further dent in that theory.

And is this going to become a new insult on NL - That a person looks Yoruba? I think such an insult is way below the belt.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
Yoruba dark skin is not always the same as Igbo dark skin, it has a different hue.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
EzeUche:

That is a lie.  angry

Post your picture and let us decide. . . . again.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
Sun of god:

Its to do with the power of the spermatoza -  grin

Igbo men hit the spot each time - Yoruba men fire blanks. (Low spermatoza potency)

yeah, whatever.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2011
ezeagu:

Yoruba dark skin is not always the same as Igbo dark skin, it has a different hue.

not really.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Afam4eva(m): 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ondo and Ekiti people are cleaner and less tribalistic than other Yoruba people. That's why I'm Forced to believe that there's something going on in their gene.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 7:41pm On Jul 26, 2011
tpia@:

not really.

I'm not the only who noticed this difference in hue, it's the same for Nigerian's and Ghanians.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
ezeagu:

Eating apku doesnt make a different. Dont act as if some of us havent watched nollywood b4. Looks the same. Its like saying Jamaican hue is diff from Caribs hue. And esp in the same hot equatorial region.
I've met some dark azz Igbos on my campus.

Sun of god:

Dark skin/light skin has nothing to do with genetic make up. You cant tell somebody's ancestry from their complexion.

Plus Nigeria is the number one market place in the world for skin bleaching creams so that puts a further dent in that theory.

And is this going to become a new insult on NL - That a person looks Yoruba? I think such an insult is way below the belt.

Saying you look Yoruba is actually a compliment. EzeUche looks like my cute Yoruba friend. The Igbo flat head part is ruining things for him tho. I think he's also balding in that flat region.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
afam4eva:

Ondo and Ekiti people are cleaner and less tribalistic than other Yoruba people. That's why I'm Forced to believe that there's something going on in their gene.

Very wrong assumption dey are the worst. just look at ileke idi. I say no more. grin grin grin
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Sunofgod(m): 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2011
afam4eva:

That they've been blessed with a higher concentration of Igbo DNA?

Its a plausible theory. . . . .
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2011
afam4eva:

So skin complexion and cleanness is also a factor?
Might I remind you that your dirty dark as hell friend PlatinumK is Igbo? wink

Sun of god:

Ekiti and Ondo ppl would be more mixed with Hausa/Fulani and Bini than Igbo. We too get standard.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
Sun of god:

So ekiti and ondo people are no longer yoruba again or what since they have ibo DNA in them ?
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Afam4eva(m): 7:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
It's only when I came to nairaland that I met tribalistic ekiti people. They're not known to be like that real life.Except they're pretending.

Most Yoruba friends that I've had are from the old ondo state.

1 Like

Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 7:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
It's not common that you will meet an Igbo person with a hue like this:

[img]http://3.bp..com/-BR_yVUucPQ8/Tg1plq8h9tI/AAAAAAAAA20/urQoC_TxTH0/s400/abati%2Bnew.jpg[/img]

But you'll find this more:

Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2011
~Bluetooth:

So ekiti and ondo people are no longer yoruba again or what since they have ibo DNA in them ?

and where did you see igbo dna in ekiti and ondo people?

for your information, ogun state has more yoruba/igbo unions than any other state in yorubaland.

and please dont feed me any silly stories about absorbing whoever.

people have long memories and it's not that easy to get lost among the yoruba because even if you're yoruba and your great grandfather was from elsewhere in yorubaland, they'll let you know.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2011

The man has the dark orangish/earthy tone of Goodluck. Rochas is just really dark orange.

It's the same for Edo people, well about half and half.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2011

The Igbo hues are varied but are still beautiful.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 7:52pm On Jul 26, 2011
i think among igbos, people with fairer skins are more advantaged whereas in yorubaland, its the opposite.

doesnt mean light skinned people dont have their own strengths though.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2011
tpia@:

i think among igbos, people with fairer skins are more advantaged whereas in yorubaland, its the opposite.

doesnt mean light skinned people dont have their own strengths though.

Advantaged like in what? Which of the governors are light? (Which of the governors bleached, ever?)
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2011
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2011
mehn you all are ridiculous to say the least!!

Everytime, some Igbo guy pops up and tries to describe Yoruba to Yorubas even though the only place they've ever touched in Yoruba land is Lagos undecided undecided undecided

First it became obvious that Yorubas are awesome, now everyone want to claim they are the ancestral fathers/mothers of Yorubas grin grin grin grin grin grin

Get over it and be who you are,

Ridiculously, someone said Yorubas kicked Igbos out of Yoruba land,  undecided undecided undecided undecided you guys are annoying and won't let this thing rest,  Yorubas are Yorubas the ones you all call ofenmanu etc,

Hausas will soon bring their own theories to the board if they haven't already!!

And then we are back to light skin blah blah!!!
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2011
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 7:55pm On Jul 26, 2011
It says something when burn victims have to be brought up. Igbo skin tones are just usually very red or orange. Let's leave it at that as already proven.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 7:55pm On Jul 26, 2011
ezeagu:

Advantaged like in what? Which of the governors are light? (Which of the governors bleached, ever?)

^^in the society.

fairer skinned meaning not only bright yellow but medium brown.

among yorubas, the darker the better.

in a general setting.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 7:56pm On Jul 26, 2011
tpia@:

^^in the society.

fairer skinned meaning not only bright yellow but medium brown.

among yorubas, the darker the better.

in a general setting.

Can you give us an example?
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 7:58pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^its a general thing.

for example, you're insisting igbos tend to not be as dark skinned as the yorubas when in actual fact many igbos are very dark.

the very dark ones simply do not show up in the general consciousness, that's all.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 7:58pm On Jul 26, 2011
ezeagu:

Let us look at the Igbo governors.

Abia State - T.A. Orji

Imo State - Rochas Okorocha

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=dPU_Xe_odYn48PhV3vfM0S6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxQ$3h1ldtrFnWWfhrjUexbUnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

Anambra State - Peter Obi

Enugu State - Sullivan Chime

Ebonyi State - Martin Elechi

Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by sbeezy8: 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2011
they both look dark as fuk to me. no need to defer from topic GEJ IS DARK AS SH.IT SO IS ABATI n the other nigg.a with the red cap.

[img]http://news.myjoyonline.com/photos/news/Goodluck%20Jonathan_3.jpg
[/img]
yes ohh very orangy infact him light skin sef.

- topic doesnt make sense

yorubas never mixed with igbos prior to colonialism. if anything a yoruba person would have non yoruba ancestry of ,bini,ewe fon ,bariba,hausa,nupe,fulani,kanuri and ijaw prolly - n he would still be a yoruba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

GEJ Reacts To Buhari's Prediction Of Bloody 2015 / Photos: Gov. Fayose Distributes Christmas Chicken To Police Officers / Before Femi Adesina Tasted Power - Tunde Odesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.