Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) (39980 Views)

CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. / Peter Obi And Datti Baba-Ahmed ChannelsTV Interview (Live) / Kunle Olawunmi Wanted By Defence Intelligence Agency Over Channels TV Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 06, 2022
Cyberterror:
Arise News : Will you remove fuel subsidy?

Peter Obi : Yes and No.

Me : That's how you know a dubious character.

Oga please mention what he said after the answer, you are just being mischievous to justify your hatred.

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Dagenius53: 10:17am On Jul 06, 2022
It's every week this one go to this Igbo station to make noise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Wize1: 10:17am On Jul 06, 2022
Subsidywise20:

In fairness, any Nigerian politician would say the same thing...because most nigerians oppose subsidy removal.

Even me, that if I was Obi would have said...Yes, I will remove subsidy....anytime I post comments supporting subsidy removal on this site...I get a hail of abuse.

So basically, it’s justified that he should be dishonest just because he is scared of the backlash from Nigerians. Isn’t his candidature built on the supposed values of truth, integrity and honesty ? How then are we suddenly using the supposed standards of other aspirants to judge this gaffe. As opposed to lying or deception, why not state what he plans to do, and give detailed explanation of why that choice is in the country’s best interest. Integrity is key.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Vistra40: 10:18am On Jul 06, 2022
adioolayi:
Reeling out figures as usual, accurate or inaccurate, no one cares as he craftily do this with a flawless oratory....nothing new

Get your own candidate to appear on Arise Tv first. Let’s hear what he has to offer

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Tareq1105: 10:19am On Jul 06, 2022
Perfectnumber6:
100percent Obidient

If you're 100% Obi, then you need to get your head washed in the nearest flowing river.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by donbrowser(m): 10:19am On Jul 06, 2022
Emu4life:
Lol.
Bros, no dey follow them make noise. 3rd Position, e no go see come 2023

Kwankwaso 3rd

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:
This is how Peter Obis interviews go:

Interviewer: Mr Obi what is your position on this issue?

Obi: Go and verify,

Interviewer: what of XYX

Obi: ….and everything!

Interviewer: this other matter nko?

Obi: …and this thing!

Audience after the interview scratching their heads thinking, what exactl has this man said, he didn’t answer the direct questions!

The truth is that you have run out of what to use to attack him. This comment of yours is off point walahi

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Parachoko: 10:20am On Jul 06, 2022
Subsidywise20:

In fairness, any Nigerian politician would say the same thing...because most nigerians oppose subsidy removal.

Even me, that if I was Obi would have said...Yes, I will remove subsidy....anytime I post comments supporting subsidy removal on this site...I get a hail of abuse.
Why are you speaking on behalf of Nigerian Politicians? So because Obi couldn't give a straight answer, it means others will say Yes and No.

For your information, Tinubu said he will remove subsidy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by 4teenblaq: 10:20am On Jul 06, 2022
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by KingOfTheDamned: 10:21am On Jul 06, 2022
donphilopus:

You're so dull. It expires 04/08/2022 means it expires fourth of August 2022. You're so dull.

Was trolling you bruv and you took the bait. How small minded you are to show off data balance.

No wonder you want us to vote Tinubu. He is as small minded and casutic as you.

Bye
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Parachoko: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2022
SensualMan:
He will generate the funds.
The man is a genius.
How much did he generate in Anambra as the Governor of Anambra State?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Amumaigwe: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2022
adioolayi:
Reeling out figures as usual, accurate or inaccurate, no one cares as he craftily do this with a flawless oratory....nothing new

He drops names and dates. So, go and verify.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Vistra40: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2022
donphilopus:

I'm not your mate.

So you had to screenshot your data balance to prove a point? Childish if you ask me
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Move2(m): 10:22am On Jul 06, 2022
Seun:
Peter Obi believes that Nigeria is under-policed. That other African countries which are smaller than Nigeria have up to 1 million officers. I absolutely agree.
But where will the money to fund them come from? The current officers are poorly paid despite being too few in number.

No African country has 1 million police officers.
Nigeria still has one of the largest forces on the continent.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_number_of_police_officers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Benoxvals(m): 10:22am On Jul 06, 2022
Subsidywise20:
Peter Obi on subsidy removal

1.Would you remove subsidy: Yes and no.

My comment

Honestly not really satisfied with this answer. Subsidy has to go and go completely. There is no yes and no, there is yes, or no.

That was not what he said..
He said..
YES..I will remove subsidy completely and channel the money meant for it in other important sector of the Nigerian project..
If an alternative sector is not created before removing subsidy then NO.
He wants to build an alternative sheltered house before demolishing people’s hut/shanties.
His response is like solving a Shakespearean puzzle.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Parachoko: 10:23am On Jul 06, 2022
Udemzy05:

I wonder how some of you listen without understanding.

He said this will not happen overnight, he also said he want to take Nigeria from sharing formula to a production formula.

When you start producing and cutting unnecessary cost, today you hear $10b missing, tomorrow you hear accountant general stealing #86bn ,where did the money come from in the first place?

If used appropriately wouldn't it be enough to do most of the things affecting this country?
Now this are the money we heard in the news, what of the ones we don't know?
Tell is about how he raised the IGR of Anambra when he was the state Governor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by kayperry: 10:23am On Jul 06, 2022
He said we need to bring nigerians in diaspora home to invest, coming from a man that did not bring one single investor into anambra in 8yrs

A man that could not use his business acumen to protect anambra investment, wants to fix nigeria economy angry Oga invested in a brewery that never excel beyond afghanEastern tollgate grin funny man

He claimed he changed 6 commissioner of police under is tenure, he told obasanjo what he wanted buh it was obasanjo choice to listen & effect the changes, If peter had a buhari as executive head what can he possibly do when buhari turns a deaf ear ...
all it takes to shut Peter Obi up, is rhetorical questions he knows nigerians are gullible and won't ask questions just speak eloquently with big grammar average nigerians don dey clap

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by casualobserver: 10:23am On Jul 06, 2022
obynzo:

The truth is that you have run out of what to use to attack him. This comment of yours is off point walahi

Udemzy05:

It's not his fault that your brain can't comprehend whatever he says. grin

he didnt answer any of the question as usual. if I am lying please tell us maybe we didnt hear well and since the second person I quoted has a bigger brain than mine maybe he/she too can also help

1. whay didnt he conduct local government elections?

2. is he going to introduce state police? yes or no

3. is he going to restructure the country? yes or no

I am also reading comments from people talking about Fuel subsidy, i clearly missed that part of the interview but it seems in typical peter Obi style he refused to answer the question.

let me make it clear...An aspirant that cannot unequivocally state his position on fuel subsidy, state police and restructuring before an election will never be able to acheive any of those 3 things when he gets to power, be in no doubt, these 3 things are critical to the future of Nigeria. Anyone without a clear stance and plan on these issues has no plan for Nigeria stating clearly what you will do is what will give you the mandate to do it when you get to power. if you state you are going to remove subsidy, restructure or introduce state police before an election and win, then you have the people's mandate to do it. but if you havent you will not be able to execute it because it is the same people that will protest against it (esp subsidy) but they cant protest when you have told them before the election.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Xbobtage: 10:23am On Jul 06, 2022
Subsidywise20:

If he is serious, and if Nigerians don't protest against it...

Most Nigerians don't want to buy fuel at market price. No matter how you preach it, no matter how one points out subsidy must go, Nigerians want cheap fuel.

If Obi says that he would take power and set fuel at N10 per liter, he would win in 35 states. No matter the fact that such a decision would sentence our economy to death.

I updated my response. read the whole thing.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by SensualMan: 10:24am On Jul 06, 2022
Parachoko:
How much did he generate in Anambra as the Governor of Anambra State?

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Benoxvals(m): 10:25am On Jul 06, 2022
That was not what he said..
He said..

YES..I will remove subsidy completely and channel the money meant for it in other important sector of the Nigerian project..

If an alternative sector is not created before removing subsidy then NO.

He wants to build an alternative sheltered house before demolishing people’s hut/shanties.

His response is like solving a Shakespearean puzzle.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Reyhzor(m): 10:25am On Jul 06, 2022
Emu4life:
This guy is just an Orator. A 3rd Class graduate of Philosophy is not fit to rule this Nation. We cant afford another Dullard in Power.

NOTE: Mention is open to both DOGS and BABOONS
What can you say about our current President qualifications?
You're just one vote and nothing

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by kayperry: 10:25am On Jul 06, 2022
obynzo:

Oga please mention what he said after the answer, you are just being mischievous to justify your hatred.

why not just say it, or is that too much for you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Amumaigwe: 10:26am On Jul 06, 2022
Subsidywise20:
Peter Obi on subsidy removal

1.Would you remove subsidy: Yes and no.

My comment

Honestly not really satisfied with this answer. Subsidy has to go and go completely. There is no yes and no, there is yes, or no.

Each of the answer will obviously have a negative reaction from people depending on their class. Elites want removal of subsidy, whole the poor do not want it. Such questions must be answered with wisdom as to avoid offending prospective voters. He was smart.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by IgOga(m): 10:26am On Jul 06, 2022
Obi sounds passionate but without any tangible solution. He has condemned subsidy for many years but when asked whether he would remove it he couldn't really answer the question.

He cites a number of useful statistics on the use of land for farming.....on the surface it sounds brilliant. Why should Nigeria have such a vast land and we are hungry......But farmers have been complaining of cows eating up their farms for years...and also farming is a big industry that needs new technology and investment.

Overall I am impressed Obi is speaking to the media but he needs to first get himself a running mate, release his manifesto and campaign for Labour in Osun to put his teeth in the real game of numbers. Otherwise he would be like Buhari that Dr Doyin decribed as " Buhari was popular but he lost elections 3 times despite his popularity"

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by donphilopus: 10:26am On Jul 06, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

Was trolling you bruv and you took the bait. How small minded you are to show off data balance.

No wonder you want us to vote Tinubu. He is as small minded and casutic as you.

Bye

Next time you troll responsibly.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Parachoko: 10:26am On Jul 06, 2022
SensualMan:
Nah so cheesy

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by GloriousGbola: 10:27am On Jul 06, 2022
Cyberterror:
Arise News : Will you remove fuel subsidy?

Peter Obi : Yes and No.

Me : That's how you know a dubious character.

there is no fuel subsidy per se

the government removed the subsidy in 2016, when oil prices dropped so low that

however, the moment oil prices rise, price of pms rises again, so NNPC pays the shortfall via 'under recovery'

only nnpc is officially bring in product

we are in a hard place. low price of oil, low income, low price of pms, 0 subsidy
high price of oil, good income, high price of pms, increased prices, increased cost to NNPC

and no, nigerians are not ready to pay current us prices of $5 per gallon/3.7 litres - which comes to N791.5 /litre

i cannot begin to imagine how fked we would all be
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 06, 2022
kayperry:

why not just say it, or is that too much for you

Oga stop playing passive agressive games with me. You have nothing to attack the man with just run along
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Tareq1105: 10:28am On Jul 06, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
He said yes , he will remove it because the money is needed on other sectors but he will not remove it, if he is not going to do anything for the people with it

Does that not sound deceitful to you? It's a confirmation of what we know Obi for. He's crafty and very slippery in his responses. I'm not surprised anyway.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by SensualMan: 10:28am On Jul 06, 2022
Parachoko:
Nah so cheesy
Good!

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by IrepChrist: 10:28am On Jul 06, 2022
aviona:
Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed from my observation could be a nice running mate for the Labour Party's candidate.
This is just a simple suggestion to the party, to help all of us Nigerians make our beloved country better.

Who is he?
Can you tell us more about his profile?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi Is Dead. Nigerian Flag Designer Dies! / Aregbesola New Road Construction In Osogbo (pictures) / Resignation: Buhari Told Kemi Adeosun To Go ‘Few Weeks Ago’ - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.