Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List (49921 Views)

Akume and Abike Welcome Shetimma As APC Holds Presidential Rally / Bauchi SDP Senate Candidate Brands His Plane With Pictures Of Tinubu/shetimma / Umar Ganduje Might Be Tinubu's Running Mate (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by vertueptime: 9:27am On Jul 09, 2022
nairavsdollars:

https://independent.ng/apc-vp-candidate-tinubu-stuck-between-el-rufai-shettima/

Don't decieve Ur self, nobody wants elrufai. Even the APC excos will reject him
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by zeyt: 9:29am On Jul 09, 2022
I think the only guy that has a cult following in the North after Buhari is El-Rufai. Though he is hated in the South for no apparent reason. Northerner see him as man of action who can get the job done no matter the challenges. Ganduje on the other hand is seen as corrupt individual and he knew it. Will shettima's political worth is only restricted to North East. So many Northerners don't know or ever hear about him.
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by MuscularDick(m): 9:34am On Jul 09, 2022
Temptee101:
shocked

I still don't believe anyone is nursing the idea to vote for APC not after all the ills we've been through in their hands.

Just take a second and imagine yourself queuing under the hot sun for hours just to vote for the broom party again

APC brought hunger, starvation, insecurity to the highest degree, hopelessness, corruption, impunity, unemployment at its peak, fuel crisis for months now, inflated subsidy, 96% revenue goes into debt servicing not repayment o...

Lowest standard of living, depression, islamization agenda on top gear, strikes, instability, nonchalant attitude towards the plight of the people, youths relegated, rubber stamped senate and HOR, naira on a free fall, food crisis, inflation doubled, banditary heightened, suicide almost on daily basis, kidnapping has become an everyday thing, incessant borrowings, increased taxes with nothing to show, sectionalization etc

What indices will APC base their campaign on?
Who is actually the person or group of persons planning to vote APC again?
Don't people ever get tired of suffering?
Have people lost their senses because of tribe, religion and ethnic inclinations?
How do you even explain this?
Oya, advice us on the candidate we should vote for
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Akerele44(m): 9:34am On Jul 09, 2022
alsudan:
In 2019, all Christian Candidates stepped down for only Northern Muslims to contest, so there’s no moral justification for a Muslim to aspire to be President in 2023. Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed while speaking on Channels TV Yesterday.

The Agbado Thief can nominate the known Boko Haram Shettima or the Herdsman El Rufai all he wants. But 100% of Christians and a good number of Liberal Muslims will be waiting for them.

Idiot as Richard Okorocha stepped down during APC primary or as Johnathan agreed to stepped down after spending 6yrs
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by seunmsg(m): 9:37am On Jul 09, 2022
El-Rufai is a good choice but he’s not very popular with southern Christians.
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Dennisbulkan: 9:39am On Jul 09, 2022
Daguga:

don't forget they rejected Buhari in 2019.
shocked
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Simplythebest: 9:39am On Jul 09, 2022
Tinubu that is ready to hit the ground running and well prepared to be the president of Nigeria can not even get ordinary vice on time. Buhari will be a Saint.
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Samunique(m): 9:39am On Jul 09, 2022
beardedboy:

100% of Muslims and a good number of Liberal Christians will vote Tinubu.
100% of Muslim votes you say ?

You mean Atiku and Kawnkanso will not get any votes from Muslim north??

This is where you people are missing it.

If you care to listen, Muslim votes are going to be shared among this three, it's the Christian votes that will determine this election!

Meanwhile, you're talking of liberal Christian votes to go for Tinubu ?

Why can't you Muslims be liberal enough to at least give a Christian the VP slot after a Muslim has ruled for 8yrs ?

You see where your hypocrisy stinks

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by babyfaceafrica: 9:40am On Jul 09, 2022
zeyt:
I think the only guy that has a cult following in the North after Buhari is El-Rufai. Though he is hated in the South for no apparent reason. Northerner see him as man of action who can get the job done no matter the challenges. Ganduje on the other hand is seen as corrupt individual and he knew it. Will shettima's political worth is only restricted to North East. So many Northerners don't know or ever hear about him.

E-rufai is very controversial and seen as very anti-christain. Many say the problem in southern kaduna is because of him. I personally prefer Shettima because i believe he is loyal , however I know rufai will pull more votes from northerners. If zulum was available, I would have chose him over anybody,the guy just wants to complete his tenure.

Tinubu and Apc are in a real world fix and they need to sort it out by next week
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by MrALIVE: 9:41am On Jul 09, 2022
hiteelong:
Whether Muslim Muslims or Christian Christian, God please it's whoever is capable of turning nigeria around that we need. cry

This country is a mess cry
so at your age,you don't know who can turn Nigeria around for good amongst atiku,tinubu and peter Obi
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by babyfaceafrica: 9:41am On Jul 09, 2022
seunmsg:
El-Rufai is a good choice but he’s not very popular with southern Christians.
Eggzactly, he is seen an an extremist and too controversial
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by kponkedenge(m): 9:41am On Jul 09, 2022
Madmohamed123:
omenka

Is that his picture?
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by shegz24(m): 9:45am On Jul 09, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
I prefer Shettima (would have preferred zulum, but he wants shettima to have the ticket). El-rufai has too many baggage. He is seen as an extremist by many, however he is sound. Shettima is loyal and has always supported BAT

Who is more likely to bring more Northern votes though?
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by shegz24(m): 9:47am On Jul 09, 2022
I'll stake on El Rufai being the running mate.

He has more fame to garner more Northern votes
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by babyfaceafrica: 9:47am On Jul 09, 2022
shegz24:

Who is more likely to bring more Northern votes though?

To be honest rufai
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Dennisbulkan: 9:48am On Jul 09, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
After Buhari it's kwankwanso thats popular in the North.

Kwankwaso popularity is only in Kano, take it from a corp member serving in core north (west).
Southerners never see anything I swear.
El Rufai is like Buhari 2.0 here. It's sad but northerners love their controversial leaders for whatever reason I don't know.
Elrufai will beat Atiku blue black. In fact Obi is even more popular here than Atiku, they tag him a traitor.
As I dey tell you now their campaign don start o...time to japa soon grin
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 9:49am On Jul 09, 2022
El Rufai lack public decorum like wike, imagine a sitting Gov saying some foreigners we go on bodybag, such man is not advisable to be running mate, an extremist for that matter

Tinubu should go for gentle and calm Shettima, this will give Northeast sense of inclusion as well giving the fact there son is on ballot box, so Shettima is the best bet, Northwest is locked down for apc, APC just need to penetrated Northeast deep
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Ochoiho: 9:52am On Jul 09, 2022
beardedboy:

100% of Muslims and a good number of Liberal Christians will vote Tinubu.
Some of you are serious day-dreamers. If 100%Muslim vote Tinubu, who will vote Atiku and Kwankwaso. You are lying to yourself if you think that the North will choose Tinubu over their own. They don't even see Tinubu a true Muslim.
Your tears are loading except you become Obident.
It is in the election you people will understand that Christians should not be taken for granted in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by ablejesus26(m): 9:52am On Jul 09, 2022
helinues:

You are still wailing..

When you guys could have taken some break as more wailing awaits after the election.

Some of you guys don wail so tey una no get meat for body again

Nah you actually seem quite pained by the opinion of the person you mentioned grin grin
Something dey quick pepper you for body grin

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by diplomat058(m): 9:54am On Jul 09, 2022
Okwyjesus:

Don't pray yet. Shetima was once linked to Boko and El Rufai is a known extremist. He started Muslim Muslim ticket in Kaduna.

Nigerians and Christians will resist that ticket

LooL you must think everyone plays that stupid divisive politics the SE is known for. I am a Christian, a Yorùbá, and I would vote a Muslim Muslim over Atiku or that story-telling clown �
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by SIRAO(m): 9:55am On Jul 09, 2022
Temptee101:
shocked

I still don't believe anyone is nursing the idea to vote for APC not after all the ills we've been through in their hands.

Just take a second and imagine yourself queuing under the hot sun for hours just to vote for the broom party again

APC brought hunger, starvation, insecurity to the highest degree, hopelessness, corruption, impunity, unemployment at its peak, fuel crisis for months now, inflated subsidy, 96% revenue goes into debt servicing not repayment o...

Lowest standard of living, depression, islamization agenda on top gear, strikes, instability, nonchalant attitude towards the plight of the people, youths relegated, rubber stamped senate and HOR, naira on a free fall, food crisis, inflation doubled, banditary heightened, suicide almost on daily basis, kidnapping has become an everyday thing, incessant borrowings, increased taxes with nothing to show, sectionalization etc

What indices will APC base their campaign on?
Who is actually the person or group of persons planning to vote APC again?
Don't people ever get tired of suffering?
Have people lost their senses because of tribe, religion and ethnic inclinations?
How do you even explain this?

Speak for yourself, ask people abroad , things re almost same ok. I will vote Apc
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:56am On Jul 09, 2022
Tinubu doesn't dine or have anything to do with Christians when it comes to Politics......

He believes his core Northerners whom he has sold his conscience to and expecting returns from them.....

Anybody hoping Tinubu will pick a Christian Northerner as V.P is wasting alot of sense.

If TINUBU can travel to FRANCE just because his head could not contain who to ordinarily pick as his V.P in Nigeria, .......

Then we are doomed for any hope in Him as a President ......

Just to pick a running mate.....got him into amnesia, knee pains, headache, dizziness, vomiting and convulsions......that he flew to France for medical Rehab...

Imaging when issues of Economy of NIGERIA, Boko in the North, IPOB in the East, Sunday Igboho in the West, Militants in the South South, Asu strike, Inflation in goods, infrastructure, etc are presented to him in his table...........he will just kick the bucket

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by diplomat058(m): 9:57am On Jul 09, 2022
Pat081:
not only that any yoruba Christian that vote for him because he is from South West or because his wife is from RCCG will never know peace those people are taken Christian for fool in this country

Reserve your hot tears and impotent curses for your impending post election trauma.

I am a Christian and a Yorùbá, and Jagaban got my vote

Hahahah
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by malvisguy212: 9:59am On Jul 09, 2022
tamdun:
cheesy Jagaban on the beat
even with cartoon pic. he still looks wretched.
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:00am On Jul 09, 2022
diplomat058:

[b]LooL you must think everyone plays that stupid divisive politics the SE [/b]is known for. I am a Christian, a Yorùbá, and I would vote a Muslim Muslim over Atiku or that story-telling clown �

Talking from both mouths , when Buhari called SE , 5% of the nation, you bought beer to celebrate it,......now you have turned to say it is SE that plays Stupid divisive Politics.......

Change is far from you ........why not sit down and check if you are a hypocrite.
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Jack500: 10:00am On Jul 09, 2022
Komu1048:
Today I denounce to be Batified, this wicked apc have no regards for Christian lives in this country, with this I now know this people are on for the jihad bulshit. No body should attached Yoruba agenda to this, this is not fear to Yoruba let alone other southerners most esp northern Muslim.

I am tired of the so-called its our turn gimmicks, I just hate what apc is doing to me. I can condole this economy but how about taking war to our doorstep. I hate to leave u Tinubu but you are a traitor n av no regards for equity n fairness. How did elrufai even get close to you someone who's hands r soaked with Christian blood.

God please intervene, No to Muslim-Muslim ticket

I think what you should focus on is Tinubu the presidential candidate,

will Tinubu protect Yoruba interest? Yes
Can Tinubu be pushed around? No
Osibanjo is the current VP and a pastor, did he have any influence in this administration? No.
Is Tinubu a religious bigot? No

VPs are just spare tire, and someone like Tinubu can't be pushed around. So,you don't have anything to fear.
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Jmarjr(m): 10:00am On Jul 09, 2022
CoolAmbience:

I don't know why a grown man will come to a public space and lie without any considerations, whatsoever.

Do you even know the meaning of 'presidential candidate'? So, Oby Ezekwesili of the ACPN, Kingsley Moghalu of the YPP, Donald Duke of the SDP, Chris Okotie of the FDP, Fela Durotoye of the ANN, and several other christian candidates, that contested the 2019 presidential elections lied about their religious status?

If you want to bring religion into this, then the best candidate for 2023 is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. For a delicate country like Nigeria, and considering that Tinubu, though a Muslim, is married to a Christian; and they have lived together for decades.

For me, there cannot be any more lessons on religious tolerance and liberalism than that.

Mind you, I am a Southerner from Anambra state. I don't do religion as it makes no real meaning to me. Your religion has done more harm than good to society.

You religious people lie too much. You promote division, hate and disrespect. Religion is supposed to be a lifestyle of purity, love and self-restraint. But for you guys, it is the exact opposite.

The question is: which presidential candidate are you rooting for? Can you honestly put out his achievements in public office and let's juxtapose them with those of the other candidates to verify competence? No one human being is a saint. We must disabuse our minds about that.

my frnd shut up n keep quiet. Nigeria is a country divided amongst diverse worshippers and as such a circular nation. Muslim-mulim ticket wont work. If na christain-christian ticket would d north agree? Pls think wise biko. Just so u know even atiku marry christian. So no big deal with BAT

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by stanisbaratheon: 10:01am On Jul 09, 2022
IvarTheBoneless:

How many southerners have PVCs compared to the North dominated by Muslims? That's where your ignorance lies.

Stop shifting your goal post oga. So now it is about North and South and no longer about Christians and Muslims. Okay, You must be living in fools paradise to even intend to think that all northerners are Muslims by your comment.

I won't call you the ignoramus that you obviously are, I would rather let you display your name here.
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by AsomughaChuks05: 10:03am On Jul 09, 2022
El Rufai is the running mate. It has already been prophesied.
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Jack500: 10:03am On Jul 09, 2022
Toktee:
we the people of Benue state minus omenka people that decide to joined the caliphate are waiting for Tinubu.

No known Tiv man that has Tiv blood flowing in him will vote for Muslim Muslim ticket.
We will vote for father ALIA as governor of Benue state(YES FATHER) WHILE ON THE NATIONAL LEVEL, WE WILL VOTE ATIKU.

THE OTHER TICKET THAT HAS BOKO HARAM/BANDITS COMMANDER SHOULD GO AND DIE.

But will vote for another Fulani man? Atiku that condemn Deborah Killing and was not bold to stand by it, is it not fulani that is Killing and raping your parents in Benue, and now you want to enthrone another one.
I hope you get your brain check in time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by IvarTheBoneless: 10:04am On Jul 09, 2022
stanisbaratheon:

Stop shifting your goal post oga. So now it is about North and South and no longer about Christians and Muslims. Okay, You must be living in fools paradise to even intend to think that all northerners are Muslims by your comment.

I won't call you the ignoramus that you obviously are, I would rather let you display your name here.

Which religion dominates in the North? Islam

How many states does the North have ? 19/36.

You know why I wrote the answers? I know your IQ can't just cope. You can ignore my posts, they are for bright people only.

No wonder you're Stannis. Fits you well. You are just not half as smart dumb as he is.
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by ransomed: 10:04am On Jul 09, 2022
It is the stubborn fly who derides wise counsel that follows "dead body" to the grave.
BAT man expects us to vote one of two public enemies into power with him?
APC just want to eat from him and clean mouth.
Go ahead at your peril .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President / Protest In US, Canada,India Over Shiite Leader's arrest In Nigeria / Blessing Agbomhere: Oshiomhole Will Land In Jail If I Become Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.