Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List (49914 Views)

Akume and Abike Welcome Shetimma As APC Holds Presidential Rally / Bauchi SDP Senate Candidate Brands His Plane With Pictures Of Tinubu/shetimma / Umar Ganduje Might Be Tinubu's Running Mate (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Eddygourdo(m): 11:00am On Jul 09, 2022
majamajic:

Vote Peter Obi , leave all these old politicians
I am OBIDATTI

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by garfield1: 11:00am On Jul 09, 2022
Samunique:
You're still living in the past.

Not when Buhari and Elrufai have taught them a bitter lesson that, liberalism is suicidal in this present Nigeria.

Brother, you will be shocked with what will happen !

Even the most liberal Yoruba Christians, some of them will turn against Tinubu.

Remember, Buhari and Elrufai taught Nigerian Christians how to play religious politics!!!!

Brother, don't be deceived, Buhari govt has caused a lot of damage in Nigeria, it will take Nigeria years to recover!!!

Did benue give bloc votes in 2019
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by garfield1: 11:01am On Jul 09, 2022
Reader530:

Check 2011 election between Goodluck and Buhari

I mean in north central
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by DaddyNimo(m): 11:01am On Jul 09, 2022
nairavsdollars:

https://independent.ng/apc-vp-candidate-tinubu-stuck-between-el-rufai-shettima/
Means it will take him 2 year to form ministers when elected?? Lolzzzz
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Okwyjesus(m): 11:03am On Jul 09, 2022
diplomat058:

LooL you must think everyone plays that stupid divisive politics the SE is known for. I am a Christian, a Yorùbá, and I would vote a Muslim Muslim over Atiku or that story-telling clown �

So who is more divisive/ tribalistic between me and you.

Does today Nigeria as volatile as it is need same faith ticket.

You are rooting for Tinubu simply bcs he is your tribesman where there are better option
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 09, 2022
Daguga:
I pray they use El Rufai, it's going to be disastrous grin

That's your opinion you're entitled to. Suffice to say not every voter will think like you.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by fyneguy: 11:23am On Jul 09, 2022
helinues:
Shettima, Shettima, Shettima

I prefer Shettima.
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by adefitim(m): 11:25am On Jul 09, 2022
So BAT still wan do Muslim-Muslim ticket?
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by fyneguy: 11:25am On Jul 09, 2022
alsudan:
In 2019, all Christian Candidates stepped down for only Northern Muslims to contest, so there’s no moral justification for a Muslim to aspire to be President in 2023. Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed while speaking on Channels TV Yesterday.

The Agbado Thief can nominate the known Boko Haram Shettima or the Herdsman El Rufai all he wants. But 100% of Christians and a good number of Liberal Muslims will be waiting for them.

I am a Christian, but don't care about this crap.

What matters to me is the competence of the nominee.

As far as I am concerned, any of the 2 alleged men is okay, politically for votes and competence-wise.
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 09, 2022
Polchiz:

Get ready !
El-Rufai is a sworn enemy of Christians.
No true Christian in the North, will vote him.
I doubt if he will win Kaduna.

Okay. Things in Nigeria are as simple and as black and white as you put it.
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Makowonda: 11:30am On Jul 09, 2022
I don't care about religion,I care about good governance.If a babalawo can pick a budhist as his vice and they can save us from this insecurity and hunger we're facing right now then I welcome them whole heartedly.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Pat081: 11:32am On Jul 09, 2022
diplomat058:

Reserve your hot tears and impotent curses for your impending post election trauma.

I am a Christian and a Yorùbá, and Jagaban got my vote

Hahahah
you got problem you vote for him is your problem too so face it am not yoruba so keep your tears still you people will come here back
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by josephevergreen(m): 11:32am On Jul 09, 2022
So baba have to travel all the way to france just to think of who to pick with all his political powers and logics? . baba don old make him rest and keep sponsoring the youth make his legacy firm to his people ..vote obi for a better nigeria ..suffer no the tire you?
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 09, 2022
Okwyjesus:

So who is more divisive/ tribalistic between me and you.

Does today Nigeria as volatile as it is need same faith ticket.

You are rooting for Tinubu simply bcs he is your tribesman where there are better option

Look, give the whole religion thing a rest. Are you not ashamed? A youth acting like a 'throwback' born in 1920.

I am christian and support Tinubu because he is, by far, most competent to be President.

I support El Rufai as VP because, to me, he is most competent to deputize for Tinubu.

El Rufai is a visible, popular and competent Northerner as well with a proven history in punlic administration.

He would appeal to voters, across, the board more than others Tinubu can choose.

I am sure many see it similarly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Makowonda: 11:39am On Jul 09, 2022
Eddygourdo:
He should pick el rufai. He will make a good Muslim Muslim combination. Nothing better than a renowned extremist in Aso rock. It will continue buhari legacy .

At least when the issues of Nigeria succeeds in killing the old man. The north will continue ruling. A payback to the Christians for jonathan
If the tenure of GEJ was so good why then would he had lost the election as an incumbent president?We humans forget so easily.Stop being a religious bigot,it is people like you that are drawing the country aback.Stop being sentimental and start being realistic.
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Yankee101: 11:45am On Jul 09, 2022
Elrufai is their target
I'll gladly watch the defeat of the Muslim ticket
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by 2016easy2017: 11:45am On Jul 09, 2022
nairavsdollars:

https://independent.ng/apc-vp-candidate-tinubu-stuck-between-el-rufai-shettima/

Eeehhhh!!!!!
This El-Rufai is a TOO DANGEROUS THING OOO!!!!!!
this miniature devil
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by ibedu29: 11:49am On Jul 09, 2022
perrychemical:

It is inconsequential the religion of anyone seeking to occupy a public office. We need to stop all this crazy discussion about religion, it made me sad when people mention religion in this kind of political game. We obviously need to stop this crazy discussion about religion. If someone tell you that, the problem of Nigeria can only be solved by religious discussion, I think we are not in any sense ready for a change. Let us all focus on the issue, and forget about religion please.
You are just being sentimental
Can Muslims vote Christian christians ticket
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Mfetenang: 11:51am On Jul 09, 2022
kettykin:
Is this fellow still in the race, this man should find space and rest
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Mfetenang: 11:51am On Jul 09, 2022
Some people's have their polling booth on Nairaland grin grin
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by helpee(m): 12:04pm On Jul 09, 2022
olajide21:

It's been ages since I read a reasonable comment such as yours on this forum. You're obviously thinking like a better by far person!
Says a Jidahist whose 40percent of posts on nairaland is against Christianity. Hypocrite. My joy is that the bullet of Boko Haram can't always differentiate between Muslims and christians so whatever evil you wish christians will still come visiting on you
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by AntonVince: 12:04pm On Jul 09, 2022
IvarTheBoneless:

Which religion dominates in the North? Islam

How many states does the North have ? 19/36.

You know why I wrote the answers? I know your IQ can't just cope. You can ignore my posts, they are for bright people only.

No wonder you're Stannis. Fits you well. You are just not half as smart dumb as he is.

Remove Benue, Plateau, Taraba and Nasarawa States from your phantom "19 northern states".
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Iceberg3: 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2022
Madmohamed123:
yes that is him
Whatever is that Old Roger's name? grin
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2022
diplomat058:

Where did you see me celebrating Buhari's infamous statement? Stop making sweeping claims without facts. The SE people are very discriminatory. Just look the way they have been vomiting Yorùbá christian, Yorùbá Muslims tags on Nairaland since 2015 all in a bid to divide us politically along religious lines. But it has not worked LooL. I have stayed in the East, and I could see the level of tribal discriminations via social caste, real vs fake Igbos, and so on. It's a shameful trajectory there

And I have stayed in the West as well, I have come to meet people who still reason very sound and focused both Yoruba Christians and Muslims.

Must of you think we need Religion to make this country a better place.....
We have tasted both Religion and Tribes and we have come to notice that it has yielded nothing for the nation...

Even people who have put their own people as Presidents tend to be the worst to suffer from the President .....
Obasanjo....... couldn't do much for S.W
Jonathan ..... couldn't do much for Bayelsains or S.S
Buhari......Worst scenario...Kastina State has rejected him

So what do we have to gain promoting nonsense Tribal or religious Politics?

Am happy you were not part of those priasing Buhari for rejecting a section of a Country and thought the country will move progressively....lols

Enjoy the rest of your day......

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Acidosis(m): 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2022
CoolAmbience:

Unlike education, politics is a game of strategic collaboration and numbers. It is a give and take arrangement. You have got to offer something superior to get support, and of course, there are minimum educational requirements to be met. Educational achievements do not necessarily have to be superfluous, when it comes to politics and leadership.

Experience, strength of character, bridge building capacity, finance and track records of performance play a huge role.

You're wasting your time on theoretical analysis. Electoral data can be found on the web. Go online and show me how and where northerners prioritize strategic collaboration, bridge building, or education, over religion.

I'm waiting.

Peter Obi's ADC as governor of Anambra was a Northern Muslim (Mohammed). Please show me a core Northern governor with a southern-christian ADC.

Again, I'm waiting. I need to see how Northerners prioritize competence, strategy, and all these things you mentioned ahead of religion. Same people that voted Buhari massively on a poll with Obasanjo, Goodluck Jonathan? Same people that will still vote Atiku ahead of Asiwaju because the former is obviously more "Islamic" and "religious"?
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Demurray: 12:31pm On Jul 09, 2022
Samunique:
You're still living in the past.

Not when Buhari and Elrufai have taught them a bitter lesson that, liberalism is suicidal in this present Nigeria.

Brother, you will be shocked with what will happen !

Even the most liberal Yoruba Christians, some of them will turn against Tinubu.

Remember, Buhari and Elrufai taught Nigerian Christians how to play religious politics!!!!

Brother, don't be deceived, Buhari govt has caused a lot of damage in Nigeria, it will take Nigeria years to recover!!!
Yes you are right man. I'm a Yoruba man a Christian and stark supporter of Tinubu, if he (Tinubu) actually unveil a Muslim as his running mate then I and my family will leave him even campaign against him with whatever I have .
Anyways there is still time to make amendment . We shall see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Eddygourdo(m): 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2022
Makowonda:
If the tenure of GEJ was so good why then would he had lost the election as an incumbent president?We humans forget so easily.Stop being a religious bigot,it is people like you that are drawing the country aback.Stop being sentimental and start being realistic.
so you know jonathan tenure was bad , and we changed the party and went to APC, how about buhari government is it good ? Don't we need to change the party as well ? So why aren't you obidient. You said we should use our brains. Now use yours and answer me
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by IvarTheBoneless: 12:55pm On Jul 09, 2022
stanisbaratheon:

[s]It appears explaining simple things to you is futile because you will never learn. I queried your assertion on Muslims being more than Christians in Nigeria but what was your response? You shifted and started drawing comparison between the amount of northern PVC holders and their southern counterpart.

So, by your assertion and in your little brain the North alone can make your candidate the President of Nigeria because it is dominated by Muslim pvc holders. Since you have chosen not to give me prove that the northern muslims alone can make anyone president, I will leave you to continue basking in your ignorance. And oh, you have chosen to make my moniker a part of the argument. SMH. Really shows how sunken your mental state is.[/s]

Whole lot of text just confirming your microscopic IQ.

Tinubu will still win, only God can stop him. The earlier you understand that and come to terms with reality, the better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 09, 2022
No to Muslim-Muslim ticket
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by simongonner: 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2022
Temptee101:
shocked

I still don't believe anyone is nursing the idea to vote for APC not after all the ills we've been through in their hands.

Just take a second and imagine yourself queuing under the hot sun for hours just to vote for the broom party again

APC brought hunger, starvation, insecurity to the highest degree, hopelessness, corruption, impunity, unemployment at its peak, fuel crisis for months now, inflated subsidy, 96% revenue goes into debt servicing not repayment o...

Lowest standard of living, depression, islamization agenda on top gear, strikes, instability, nonchalant attitude towards the plight of the people, youths relegated, rubber stamped senate and HOR, naira on a free fall, food crisis, inflation doubled, banditary heightened, suicide almost on daily basis, kidnapping has become an everyday thing, incessant borrowings, increased taxes with nothing to show, sectionalization etc

What indices will APC base their campaign on?
Who is actually the person or group of persons planning to vote APC again?
Don't people ever get tired of suffering?
Have people lost their senses because of tribe, religion and ethnic inclinations?
How do you even explain this?
my brother e tire meself o...
Re: Tinubu's Running Mate: El-Rufai, Shetimma Makes Final List by Oc1bil: 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2022
We are waiting for them come 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Shi’ites: El-zakzaky’s Followers List 5 Conditions For Peace / Plateau: Niger Delta Militants Blow Hot, Reveal What’ll Happen In 21 Days / Meet The Five Female Ministers In Buhari's Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.