Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate (60357 Views)

Inauguration Of Tinubu & Shettima As President Of Nigeria, Vice (Live Update) / Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Peter Obi Hugs Atiku Abubakar After Being Selected As His Running Mate. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Ngwamankillyou(m): 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2022
kramer:
At the end of the day the North still wins.

If not, why can't we have an SS and SS ticket?
Or SE and SE, or SW and SW?

It's because without the North, you can't win nothing

And Buhari failed 6 times.north is over rated

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Newton2024: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
kilonshele101:
Malam Shettima or Pastor Shettima

Considering the religious diversity in my family - it's a Win-win.

Yoruba lokon

Tinubu's Muslim/Muslim Ticket

Some questions are running through my mind:

1. Is there no Christian member of APC from the 19 northern states?

2. If religion does not matter but competency, is there not competent Christian in the entire North?

3. If religion does not matter, what about tribe? Does tribe matters?

4. Can APC fields Yoruba-Yoruba or Igbo-Igbo ticket?

5. Is APC an Islam'ic fundamentalist party like violent muslim brotherhood of Egypt?

6. Can Boko-Haram, Ansarudeen and ISWAP accept Christian-Christian ticket?

7. Why are APC surpporters unrepentant hypocrites?

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by TinubuNG: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
Mumu people are in pain, political naive are screwed already.

They expect a very experienced politician like Tinubu not to read the hand writing on the wall but to go ahead in picking northern christian as his running mate which is known clearly as minority in the North .

Congratulations Asiwaju Bola Hammed Tinubu, the incoming president of Nigeria.

Muslim-Muslim , Muslim-Christian, muslim - harbalist or even Muslim-hindu , we don't care as far as they are both competent, God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Okoroawusa: 4:25pm On Jul 10, 2022
Instead of people that want Tinubu to lose the 2023 election to be happy about this news they are crying....who does that?

Even Tinubu like let him pick Lucifer as his running mate I will still vote for him.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Freebills12: 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
God1000:
Bad and wrong choice, what a historic mistake

The plan is to test the microphone! Tinibu is now a reference point for modern Nigeria, just like Abiola is a reference point for old Nigeria. The real Muslim /Muslim ticket is on the way
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Arysexy(m): 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
The election is between LP and PDP

APC is out of the equation

Imagine a major Christian festivity and no president or vice president to grace it.

God forbid!

Any Christian that votes for APC deserves anything he gets afterward

If Northern Governors could be magnanimous to zone the Presidency to south after Emilokan outburst, then Emilokan should be magnanimous to Christians else, he is a selfish hypocrite

On Peter Obi / Datti Baba-Ahmed Christian/Muslim, Southern/Northern equity mandate I stand gidigba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by truthfinder319: 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2022
Yes, like your dad. How will you feel if someone said something about your dad. Be bitterless

Temptee101:

Brilliant terrorist grin

Thank God for the choice thieftinubu made, it's either Christian/Muslim ticket or this country splits.

APC is dead and buried
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by GoldenstateChel: 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2022
If u be Yoruba Christian supporting this move,be ready that owo church killing will be child play and be ready for sharia law in all state in southwest, which I no can't happen in SE/SS

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2022
Haylel:

We both made similar analysis and I love your insight.

From the cards on table, what do you think Peter Obi will have to do to win the election?

For now, mobilise the middle belt, get his VP really busy up North , and seriously...get a structure somehow (if he can do it before the election..because an Obi victory with APC and PDP controlling the House and Senate and most governorships can end up with him getting nothing done...because politics). Maybe if it goes to a runoff, as I think it might...christian votes may or may not boost Obi to victory.

But for now, if I was a betting man...and even then, I always take my prophecies/predictions (lol) with a pinch of salt....Atiku is going to win, for now.My money would be on Atiku.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Chuksaluta(m): 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
In 2015 when the APC wanted power they insisted on a Muslim/Christian ticket, that's why BAT wasn't the VP. Today they have power and it doesn't matter. Time will tell

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Sunsets: 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
Clinton beat Trump in raw votes.
Subsidywise20:
Hmmm

I'm going to repost my prediction for 2023 here, that I made on another thread, now that BAT and APC have their cards on the table..along with LP and PDP

To add, it is possible that Atiku could do enough to win without a runoff. Obi and BAT supporters are fighting out a scorched earth campaign , and the Southern vote may be severely divided as a result. All Atiku needs to do is win in the North, take a few Southern states, and that's it.

(Of course playing politcal prophet is a risky game. Most of the time, one is wrong. Remember the 2016 election in the USA, where everyone thought it was Clinton that would beat Trump.)
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Arysexy(m): 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
TinubuNG:
Mumu people are in pain, political naive are screwed already.

They expect a very experienced politician like Tinubu not to read the hand writing on the wall but to go ahead in picking northern christian as his running mate which is known clearly as minority in the North .

Congratulations Asiwaju Bola Hammed Tinubu, the incoming president of Nigeria.

Muslim-Muslim , Muslim-Christian, muslim - harbalist or even Muslim-hindu , we don't care as far as they are both competent, God bless Nigeria.

Why then did Tinubu cry about Emilokan that made Northern Governors consider south. By your Logic, North could as well have produced the APC candidate since they have enough competent people. Since equity in religion or zoning is not important
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by truthfinder319: 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
You yourself know that you are deceiving yourself. A ruling party with more than 20 states in cooler, 20 plus governors plus Wike and Fayose. Buhari has millions since 2003. The number will grow with Jagaban on the ticket with a popular VP. Obi will come to a distant 4th after Kwankwaso

Arysexy:
The election is between LP and PDP

APC is out of the equation

Imagine a major Christian festivity and no president or vice president to grace it.

God forbid!

Any Christian that votes for APC deserves anything he gets afterward

If Northern Governors could be magnanimous to zone the Presidency to south after Emilokan outburst, then Emilokan should be magnanimous to Christians else, he is a selfish hypocrite

On Peter Obi / Datti Baba-Ahmed Christian/Muslim, Southern/Northern equity mandate I stand gidigba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Temptee101(m): 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
truthfinder319:

Yes, like your dad. How will you feel if someone said something about your dad. Be bitterless

Boko haram was formed under his watch. It is even rumoured he is the father and grand patron of boko haram.

Doesn't that make him a terrorist?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by bjnice(m): 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
Segunlords:
Shettima l heard is a brilliant guy...

Extremely brilliant, intelligent, and articulate.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Royalexquisuite: 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2022
Another 8 years of disaster loading.....Think wisely and vote for Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Moh247: 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2022
Shetima deserves the slot hands down ..... A very very loyal friend

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by adioolayi(m): 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2022
Reinaldo:
Nothing for APC. Peter Obi and Atiku now stand a better chance.

If he picks a Christian..were you ready to vote Tinubu before

How is his choice your own headache...afterall, he is not going to win as you believe na

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by IfnobeGod20: 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
Yomboy4ever:

The present government who happened to be the worst government in the history has Muslim/ Christian ticket... Religion is not certificate for good governance
And you think Muslim-muslim ticket is the certificate to good governance?
We are in a multi-religion society. Any party that doesn't respect that plurality, is a devil's advocate. No single religion that doesn't have competent individuals, even the traditionalists. Politicians know how to play on the sensibility of the people and they have been getting away from it. Same set of people that have divided us along the religion lines that we cannot recover from.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Uteghe(m): 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
angry ...Kashim Shettima should convert to Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by TinubuAdvocate1: 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
As far as I’m concerned Tinubu is no way seeing Atiku as a threat in the north, reasons why he moved northeast because he believes northwest is locked down for kwankwanso
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2022
Sunsets:
Clinton beat Trump in raw votes.

Yes, she did, but as you and I know, in the US, it is electoral votes, not raw votes, that count. Trump cleverly focused on swing states that had the needed electoral votes that he wanted to win (and many Democrats on the ground saw what was happening and were screaming at the DNC to pay effing attention, but they did not, and took the area for granted. A lot of pollsters missed it too)..which is why he won.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Arysexy(m): 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2022
truthfinder319:
You yourself know that you are deceiving yourself. A ruling party with more than 20 states in cooler, 20 plus governors plus Wike and Fayose. Buhari has millions since 2003. The number will grow with Jagaban on the ticket with a popular VP. Obi will come to a distant 4th after Kwankwaso

Buhari will not be on the ballot in 2023, if you are banking on that, you are a goner. Just sample opinion of Northerners and see that they are torn between Atiku and Kwankwaso.

Where will Tinubu get the vote? Even SW with this arrangement will be divided.

It's game over for APC and Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by kramer: 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2022
Ngwamankillyou:

And Buhari failed 6 times.north is over rated

And the 6times he failed was a northerner still not the president or vice-president?
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Amayabor1: 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2022
Christians in the North and South, I hope you all are watching. We must all come out to vote.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Abujaexpress: 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lanrelagboi:
Question: Who is your running mate?

Bola Tinubu:���� https:///myYbFY0uPC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMX0RHfLAM0
Certainly, not at this critical time of the nation's history - a time when Christians are crying of marginalisation and persecution? Handlers of Tinubu should have known this na

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by abbey621(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2022
I ran all sorts of permutations from the previous 2 presidential elections, the game will be won in the North. The person that secures the largest percentage in the North will most likely be the next president. In light of this, only a mad person would suggest Tinubu going for a Northern Christian......I would have loved him to go for someone younger but this is game of thrones, the enemy of your enemy is a friend, he just placed a checkmate on Atiku in the North, as long as SW people do their part, you guys are looking at the next president of Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Igboslayer: 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2022
sekem:
Good for him.

Makes it easier now for people to reject them at the Polls.
Hahahah he’s getting full endorsement from the north…this is master stroke. No chance for Atiku…OBI is not part of the race.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by fk001(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2022
Femabol01:
You understood their concern. If he had chosen an unpopular Christian from the North, they will be happy and still not vote for him. Now that he has chosen a popular northern Muslim; he has become a threat. I'm a Christian and will gladly vote for Tinubu. Politics is beyond sentiment, as the aim of a politician is to win.

Exactly sir
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Henrymas(m): 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2022
Kashim Shettima, the Islamic fanatic that singlehandedly sponsored the relocation of the deadly Islamic sect Boko Haram from the Sahel to the corridors of Borno state and by extension the entire north east has been finally nominated by the cabals and endorsed by the drug addict and unrepentant criminal, Jagaban.
What a combination! We are in trouble. These duo will not hesitate to waste the lives of innocent Nigerians in an attempt to rig the election by any means necessary. God help us!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers / Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign / Zubby Michael Travelling On A Bike From Asaba To Onitsha (Pics & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.