Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate (60385 Views)

Inauguration Of Tinubu & Shettima As President Of Nigeria, Vice (Live Update) / Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Peter Obi Hugs Atiku Abubakar After Being Selected As His Running Mate. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by kennyz247(m): 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2022
kilonshele101:
Malam Shettima or Pastor Shettima

Considering the religious diversity in my family - it's a Win-win.

Yoruba lọ́kàn
Southwest to Aso rock
may God punish you for this ur selfish statement..
so because of d diversity of your family religion background,so only one religion/set should now benefits the leadership within the family circuit abi?

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by onuman: 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2022
IFSHR:
Frypan and fire candidate......

Abokis planned it that way.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
ItsTutsi:
I definitely agree SW Christian are very agree now, but as time goes, it will subside, especially when campaign start.. Tinubu is a strategic politician, he knows he will need to specify southern Christian and he will do that by visiting Christian leaders like RCCG, CAN etc

Yeah, Tinubu better start visiting the bigtime Pastors now (especially RCCG and even Living Faith, even though Bishop Oyedepo is a PDP man).

But would it do much.? Not sure. Prediciting how christians vote is a tricky business. There are christians who have always voted for Buhari even in 2019 (despite the 'He is a bigot' campaign in christian circles)..and they may overlook BAT 's muslim deputy and vote for APC.

But that is an IF. And as for me, for now, I am putting christian votes between LP and PDP. Christians have suffered under the APC government and may decide to vote against them (just as most Northerners voted against GEJ partly because of the Boko Haram activity up North, including bombings and school attacks which affected the North badly)
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by jornwhite: 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
Yomboy4ever:

The present government who happened to be the worst government in the history has Muslim/ Christian ticket... Religion is not certificate for good governance

If we have a muslim/xtain and muslim jihadist are having a free day killing xtain whenever they like, walk into churches in board day light killing xtains what other morale boost does boko haram & iswap need other than an islamized aso rock.
I am certain the senate president will also be muslim, if 1st - 3rd citizens are muslims in a country where boko haram & iswap are highly vested the islamization agenda is indeed true
Xtain have a slot in aso rock they are kidnapping pastor anyhow now imagine having no representative ... God forbid, Tinubu & the islamization agenda must fail.

Mosque don't have security buh it is the savest place to be in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by onuman: 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
God1000:
Bad and wrong choice, what a historic mistake

If Tinubu truly wants power shift to the South, he needs to collapse his structure to Peter Obi. If Tinubu goes for presidential election, he shall divide votes in the south and Middle belt for Atiku to win.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Adliperd: 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
Reinaldo:
Nothing for APC. Peter Obi and Atiku now stand a better chance.

Let go for Atiku
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by FORWARDEVERLY: 5:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
Atiku and Obi are now well poised for the seat..

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Abbah504: 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2022
Now, it is safe to say that the contest is going to be between Obi and Atiku. Tinubu has shot himself in the foot.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Ngwamankillyou(m): 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2022
kramer:

And the 6times he failed was a northerner still not the president or vice-president?

Which northerner apart yadua,the joke is on The north.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by onuman: 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2022
Adliperd:

Let go for Atiku

To continue with Fulanization and Islamization agenda of the Fulani for all in Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by press9jatv: 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2022
In the light of APC's Muslim-Muslim ticket, this how the 19 northern states may likely cast their votes @ 2023 presidential polls

1.Borno - APC
2.Yobe - APC
3.Adamawa - PDP
4.Taraba - PDP
5.Gombe - PDP
6.Bauchi - PDP

7.Kano - NNPP
8.Kaduna - PDP
9.Katsina - APC
10.Kebbi - APC
11.Jigawa - PDP
12.Zamfara- PDP
13.Sokoto - PDP

14.Niger - APC
15.Nassarawa - PDP
16.Plateau - PDP
17.Kogi - PDP
18.Kwara - APC
19.Benue - PDP

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Bimpe29: 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Reinaldo:
Nothing for APC. Peter Obi and Atiku now stand a better chance.
grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by press9jatv: 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Nigerians can never settle for a bokoharam apologist. Tinubu is a goner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Josh109:
this is no longer political party affairs but personality and tribalistic differences,...u can take that to the bank

Of course, personality and tribe always exist in any Nigerian election (I took that into account in making my predictions)...but so do structure and people on the ground. Obi is doing a good job mobilizing, for now (based on the limited info we have)...and may take second on the back of an angry christian vote...but a lot of christians may vote for Atiku.

On APC's side, Buharimainiacs may listen to Master and vote for BAT...or they may decide to split their votes. Either way, it is likely that Atiku may take most of the Northern votes.

Of course, all political predicitons must be taken with a pinch of salt, this one inclusive.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Zelenskyy(m): 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
naija4life247:

Mental Health should be taken serious in Nigeria. This poster is definitely suffering from psychiatric disorders and mental imbalance.

Tinubu is the god of Nigeria's politics, he and his boys have won 98% of all the elections they contested from 1999 till date. No human or spirit in Nigeria has that record

You are Probably referring to the Mental Health issues and Psychiatric disorders that your father went through and bequeathed to you....

Mental Imbalance is when you Support the flagrant disenfranchisement of Nigeria Christians all because the Criminal you claim to be a "god" wants to win election.

The gods must be crazy and this your god would cry very soon.

His lifelong dream would soon become his worst nightmare.

Nigerian Christians are not Stupid and will not be taken for granted.

Your god just lost major ground in places that are Christian stronghold in the South West and other places in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by olibeans: 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2022
Another extremist.

A worse extremists than the earlier ones. What did we do to these people to deserve our blood?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by PassingShot(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2022
See wailings unlimited by people who would never vote BAT even if he picked a pastor from SS/SE

BAT/Shettima will win and your tears will continue for another eight years
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by onuman: 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2022
press9jatv:
In the light of APC's Muslim-Muslim ticket, this how the 19 northern states may likely cast their votes @ 2023 presidential polls

1.Borno - APC
2.Yobe - APC
3.Adamawa - PDP
4.Taraba - PDP
5.Gombe - PDP
6.Bauchi - PDP

7.Kano - NNPP
8.Kaduna - PDP
9.Katsina - APC
10.Kebbi - APC
11.Jigawa - PDP
12.Zamfara- PDP
13.Sokoto - PDP

14.Niger - APC
15.Nassarawa - PDP
16.Plateau - PDP
17.Kogi - PDP
18.Kwara - APC
19.Benue - PDP

Spotted:
Islamist of Sharia criminal justice system for all in Nigeria. Get ready to go to the farm and use proceeds from groundnuts to develop your area. Don't vote with ethno-religious bias with the hope of using federal government of Nigeria to plunder the resources of the southern regions.
Vote wisely.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Banhammy717: 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2022
Osibanjo, a christian as Vice President for 8 years, what has he benefited the church?.
Just a name
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by kramer: 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2022
Ngwamankillyou:

Which northerner apart yadua,the joke is on The north.

Actually the joke is on SE who have never managed to elect a president or VP. The north have consistently had a representative as VP or president
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Strikethem: 5:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hahahahaha, how Tinubu will win yoruba Christians is what we are waiting for hahahahaha.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2022
See masari katsina governor dey hang around there
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Advocate500: 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2022
I was thinking elrufai would have been a formidable choice seriously.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Obagreatdatoye(m): 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2022
Femabol01:
You understood their concern. If he had chosen an unpopular Christian from the North, they will be happy and still not vote for him. Now that he has chosen a popular northern Muslim; he has become a threat. I'm a Christian and will gladly vote for Tinubu. Politics is beyond sentiment, as the aim of a politician is to win.
You mean a foolish Christian you are??

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by famology(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
highyo:
I thought people said this man is wise?

I belive the best option he should have gone for is Babagana Zulum
Because He is far better than Shetima, Gandollar and Kaduna Antichrist
But choosing shettima has given Atiku more chances to win in the north

This is a pure Mumu decision

I guess it was that MC Oluomo and Obasa that gave him that advice

Zulum was the first choice but he deferred to his boss shettima.
He said he was more interested Bornu
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by press9jatv: 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
onuman:

Spotted:
Islamist of Sharia criminal justice system for all in Nigeria. Get ready to go to the farm and use proceeds from groundnuts to develop your area. Don't vote with ethno-religious bias with the hope of using federal government of Nigeria to plunder the resources of the southern regions.
Vote wisely.
Tinubu is a goner. We have told him here that Atiku has come to win. Congratulations to Atiku Abubakar in advance. Thanks to Atiku for allowing Muslim-Christian ticket in Pdp. Tinubu must go.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by soojar(m): 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2022
Subsidywise20:
Hmmm

I'm going to repost my prediction for 2023 here, that I made on another thread, now that BAT and APC have their cards on the table..along with LP and PDP

To add, it is possible that Atiku could do enough to win without a runoff. Obi and BAT supporters are fighting out a scorched earth campaign , and the Southern vote may be severely divided as a result. All Atiku needs to do is win in the North, take a few Southern states, and that's it.

(Of course playing politcal prophet is a risky game. Most of the time, one is wrong. Remember the 2016 election in the USA, where everyone thought it was Clinton that would beat Trump.)

Modifed

For those calling Peter Obi a Biafranist....recall that in 1993, Sylvester Ugoh, who was Tofa's running mate in NRC...was actually the governor of the Central Bank of Biafra. His signature appears on the Biafran pound (I used to have a few specimens of the thing...a pound note). Yet the Northern brigade chose him as Tofa's running mate. Tines were different back then. Obi meanwhile has never supported or backed Biafra or IPOB Oor Massob, and IPOB hates him well well.).

You will get your analysis wrong by muddling up the whole North. You need to break it down regions if you are not breaking it down into states. Which states in NE and NW will Atiku win? Tinubu has SW on lockdown whether by crook or by fair.

You might be right about run off, I envisage that as well that we may have that for the first time in Nigeria's history but if there is anybody that would win this election without run it will be Tinubu, as I said might be ugly or even bloody but they will have their way
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by orion7: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
kilonshele101:
Malam Shettima or Pastor Shettima

Considering the religious diversity in my family - it's a Win-win.

Yoruba lọ́kàn
Southwest to Aso rock
. Lol. Na lie. Yorubas go vomit this one. Deep in your hearts you know that tinubu will come 3rd

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by beckybabajide: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
Since they have dared the Christians, we should not be afraid to vote the selfish fellow out.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by famology(m): 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
Haylel:

My money is on Atiku too. However, Peter Obi has one more card in deck now - Religion.

If he can;
1. Mobilize the southern (especially the west) youths to take the campaign to the streets by themselves.

2. Bring the majority of Christians over to his camp...

Then, I might put my money on Obi.
I trust tinubu to have a trick up his sleeve to share some of the northern cake with Atiku.

If Peter cannot wipe most of the southern states, Atiku is the next president.

Ask yourself where Atiku will get his votes from.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by onuman: 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2022
kramer:

Actually the joke is on SE who have never managed to elect a president or VP. The north have consistently had a representative as VP or president
And you don't see that it's the "5 states only" political structure which Arewa soldiers deliberately created in the SE zone which contributes to political emasculation of the SE?

And the 7 states structure in the NW zone endows the NW politicians with a lot of electoral advantages?
What parameters were used for proliferating the mostly non viable states in the NW?

If you see Igbos as not politically smart but good in business, how could someone good in business not be smart in politics?
Develop more senses.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by famology(m): 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2022
Peter Obi made this an easy decision for Tinubu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents / Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 / IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.