Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate (60383 Views)

Inauguration Of Tinubu & Shettima As President Of Nigeria, Vice (Live Update) / Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Peter Obi Hugs Atiku Abubakar After Being Selected As His Running Mate. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Haylel: 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2022
Subsidywise20:

For now, mobilise the middle belt, get his VP really busy up North , and seriously...get a structure somehow (if he can do it before the election..because an Obi victory with APC and PDP controlling the House and Senate and most governorships can end up with him getting nothing done...because politics). Maybe if it goes to a runoff, as I think it might...christian votes may or may not boost Obi to victory.

But for now, if I was a betting man...and even then, I always take my prophecies/predictions (lol) with a pinch of salt....Atiku is going to win, for now.My money would be on Atiku.
My money is on Atiku too. However, Peter Obi has one more card in deck now - Religion.

If he can;
1. Mobilize the southern (especially the west) youths to take the campaign to the streets by themselves.

2. Bring the majority of Christians over to his camp...

Then, I might put my money on Obi.
I trust tinubu to have a trick up his sleeve to share some of the northern cake with Atiku.

If Peter cannot wipe most of the southern states, Atiku is the next president.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by achimendy(m): 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lanrelagboi:
Question: Who is your running mate?

Bola Tinubu:���� https:///myYbFY0uPC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMX0RHfLAM0

APC ,PDP AND NNPP keep opening the way with ease for our darling incoming president H.E PETER OBI to coast straight to victory.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by starz100: 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
With this choice ,it is no brainer that Tinubu will lose the elections to either Atiku or Obi

No true Christian will vote this APC duo.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by IfnobeGod20: 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
adioolayi:

If he picks a Christian..were you ready to vote Tinubu before

How is his choice your own headache...afterall, he is not going to win as you believe na
Don't you think, there may be some christains that would ordinarily want to vote for him but because of this combination, they may refrain.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Igboslayer: 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
Femabol01:
You understood their concern. If he had chosen an unpopular Christian from the North, they will be happy and still not vote for him. Now that he has chosen a popular northern Muslim; he has become a threat. I'm a Christian and will gladly vote for Tinubu. Politics is beyond sentiment, as the aim of a politician is to win.
Beside we had a Pastor as Vice President before , the story is the same.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2022
God1000:
Bad and wrong choice, what a historic mistake

Is what we want na..

Mk mumu old man get outta our way

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by adioolayi(m): 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Don't you think, there are some christains that would ordinarily want to vote for him but because of this combination, they may refrain.

That's APC and Tinubu's headache...Not anyone else that were ideally not ready to vote him before now.

Allow his choice sink him...it's his choice .

grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Angelfrost(m): 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2022
Cromagnon:
what have you gained from balance? Boko started under obj and read under Jonathan. Osibanjo is useless

...And how useful will Shettima be?!! How useful has any VP ever been?!!

The position is largely ceremonial but the aim of picking the other major religion is for the sake of equity, fairness, and not to cause crisis!

How hard is it for some of you to see such a simple point?!! Na wa o!

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by eyeforeye(m): 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2022
hartopher76:
Apc is setting a bad precedent, Christians should not allow this to stand else it might become a norm .

I am Christian, and still looking for anything wrong in choosen anyone who has a strong base in the North to win the election.
How has osinbajo become a sign of good thing to the Christians? Does having Gej and osinbajo a Christian stop the bandit from killing both religion during their attacks?

See, let stop the division among us in the name of Christian and Muslim, we serve and worship same God also called Allah. Let pray for good governance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Hassanmaye(m): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lanrelagboi:
Question: Who is your running mate?

Bola Tinubu:���� https:///myYbFY0uPC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMX0RHfLAM0
Oh my God
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by IJEYdiamond(f): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
The only thing i see is dark shade...

Very very expensive.... i must say!!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Yomboy4ever(m): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

And you think Muslim-muslim ticket is the certificate to good governance?
We are in a multi-religion society. Any party that doesn't respect that plurality, is a devil's advocate. No single religion that doesn't have competent individuals, even the traditionalists. Politicians know how to play on the sensibility of the people and they have been getting away from it. Same set of people that have divided us along the religion lines that we cannot recover from.

Some state in the north are not develop despite having Muslim Muslim tickets they have the poorest among them, some south east state with same problem with their Christian Christian ticket... Religion in politics is a scam ,can you just name one religious and God fearing politician you know in Nigeria... Competence we should ask not pastor imam combination

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Vistra40: 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
Subsidywise20:
Hmmm

I'm going to repost my prediction for 2023 here, that I made on another thread, now that BAT and APC have their cards on the table..along with LP and PDP

To add, it is possible that Atiku could do enough to win without a runoff. Obi and BAT supporters are fighting out a scorched earth campaign , and the Southern vote may be severely divided as a result. All Atiku needs to do is win in the North, take a few Southern states, and that's it.

(Of course playing politcal prophet is a risky game. Most of the time, one is wrong. Remember the 2016 election in the USA, where everyone thought it was Clinton that would beat Trump.)

Modifed

For those calling Peter Obi a Biafranist....recall that in 1993, Sylvester Ugoh, who was Tofa's running mate in NRC...was actually the governor of the Central Bank of Biafra. His signature appears on the Biafran pound (I used to have a few specimens of the thing...a pound note). Yet the Northern brigade chose him as Tofa's running mate. Tines were different back then. Obi meanwhile has never supported or backed Biafra or IPOB Oor Massob, and IPOB hates him well well.).

And what happens if atiku doesn’t win any southern state?
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by naija4life247: 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
God1000:
Bad and wrong choice, what a historic mistake

Tinubu has minimal choices. I think this is his second best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by ItsTutsi(m): 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
I'm totally against your permutation and analysis!!

1-Buhari will definitely support Tinubu, he said it vividly that Tinubu is his choice , he might not have been prior to primaries.. But now as a candidate of APC, Buhari is a very discipline fella, hence, he can't work against Tinubu/APC

2- Buhari has a very soft spot for NE in his heart, he was once a military governor, coupled with the fact that borno gave him second highest votes, he won't dump Shettima

3- Atiku will not win the north!! The 22 APC governors are fighting for broke and survival, they need Tinubu as much as he needs them, or PDP/LP eventual winner will blow them away just like how Buhari/APC did in most states in 2015

4- choosing Kashima, a kanuri from NE, will give Atiku a run for his money.. Kanuri are majority in Borno and yobe, and can be find in other NE States.. So automatically Tinubu has borno and yobe, other NE state could go either way(but difference if margin won't be up to 20%)

5- Tinubu already has a block region in SW, he should atleast get 70% here.. Fayose, kayode and makinwa coming together tells u the mindset and trajectory of SW
Subsidywise20:
Hmmm

I'm going to repost my prediction for 2023 here, that I made on another thread, now that BAT and APC have their cards on the table..along with LP and PDP

To add, it is possible that Atiku could do enough to win without a runoff. Obi and BAT supporters are fighting out a scorched earth campaign , and the Southern vote may be severely divided as a result. All Atiku needs to do is win in the North, take a few Southern states, and that's it.

(Of course playing politcal prophet is a risky game. Most of the time, one is wrong. Remember the 2016 election in the USA, where everyone thought it was Clinton that would beat Trump.)

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by naija4life247: 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
excel127:
Tinubu is finished.

As long as he lives, Tinubu will never finish. He is a political god. But only our Father in Heaven the God of all gods can be right at all times.

The North rejected a Christian from representing them, Tinubu has no input in that. Just as Tinubu nominated Buhari 's deputy Judas Osinbajo without the input of the North, so has the North nominated deputies for Tinubu to pick from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Arysexy(m): 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2022
Haylel:

My money is on Atiku too. However, Peter Obi has one more card in deck now - Religion.

If he can;
1. Mobilize the southern (especially the west) youths to take the campaign to the streets by themselves.

I trust tinubu to have a trick up his sleeve to share some of the northern cake with Atiku.

Kwankwaso is a spoiler for Atiku and Tinubu.

Tinubu have just Yoruba Muslim votes and whatever he can grab in NE and NW.

Atiku has NE/ NW to grab too

Same with Kwankwaso. North minus middle belt is gonna be battle ground

This puts Obi on advantage

Middle belt is on lock down for Obi, SW Christians will now go Obi route, SE /SS is completely locked down for Obi.

With Datti Baba-Ahmed, Obi will grab some votes in NE and NW and coast to victory.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2022
Zelenskyy:
Tinubu and Stupidity = Bread and Akara

Because the Ugly Notorious Drug Baron felt so insecure as an Inferior Muslim, he had to pick a Boko Haram Sympathizer as his running mate to prove a point to his Fulani masters that he is still willing to Lick their ass...

Nigerians will teach this useless APC party and their flag bearer a Serious lesson in 7 months Time.

Christians everywhere must wake up and smell the Islamization bread that the APC is baking....

Well meaning Nigerians are saying no to a Muslim-Muslim Ticket.

with pure water

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
Ngwamankillyou:

And Buhari failed 6 times.north is over rated

2003...Buhari was running against Obasanjo...a guy who has connections across Nigeria. (Obasanjo boys are everywhere....)

2007...Buhari was still running against Obasanjo and Yaradua.

2011...Buhari made the mistake of forming a new party that had no time to build up structures across the country....plus he was still running against Obasanjo and GEJ. Also, GEJ got Tinubu on his side.

2015, Buhari won, in part because Obasanjo fell out with GEJ, and because GEJ alienated a lot of people from the PDP...plus there were internal divisions in the PDP, especially in a lot of crucial middle belt states...and a faction of PDP outright defected to Buhari. Tinubu also joined up with Buhari...
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Elbinawi: 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
BREAKING: Tinubu Picks Ex-Borno Governor Shettima As Running Mate

"The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has announced Senator Kashim Shetima as his running mate in the 2023 general elections."

"He made the announcement on Sunday in Daura, the hometown of President Buhari in Katsina State."

Me:

My analysis is correct here. Bola Tinubu have to pick a Muslim Northerner as his running mate to have a good chance of winning next year's presidential election. And Ganduje and Elrufai have excess baggages.

Despite Tinubu's decision the Muslim North will not give him block votes that they used to give Buhari because two Northerners are contesting the presidential election. And with this Muslim-Muslim ticket, Northern Christians will avoid Tinubu like plague.

A section of the Muslim North will punish the ruling party APC at the presidential election for Buhari's intergenerational failures.

Tinubu will get block votes in the South West as both Muslims, Christians and Followers of African Traditional religion will vote massively for him. Atiku will not get 50,000 votes in the South West.

The battlefield is the South South as Peter Obi will do well in his South East region.

Personally I do not have anything against Senator Kashim Shetima, Tinubu's running mate. He is not on my list of Saudi assets in Nigeria. He is an ordinary Northern politician. He was Governor of Borno state for 8 years and he is presently in the Senate.

It is important to note that all the prominent Saudi assets in Nigeria have lost out. The present Governor of Kano, Ganduje, will be accommodated by Tinubu if he wins but he can not influence Tinubu.

#ElbinawiTweets

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by sucess001(m): 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
NNTR:

Lobatan
'The End', ni opin cinema.
If you know, you know. If you no know, well ....

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

You use Jesus to sell your deluded theory?
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by sokera: 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
Best choice
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Kagd10: 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
Shettima really tried for Tinubu at the primaries, just like Ganduje, Zulum, Badaru and at the last minute, El Rufai.

Zulum was perfect for it but he wanted second term.

Ganduje is one of the most liberal Northerners when it comes to religion and ethnicity and also, he doesn't condone terrorism but people would use the dollar saga against him, considering it was on video.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by naija4life247: 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
Zelenskyy:
Tinubu and Stupidity = Bread and Akara

Because the Ugly Notorious Drug Baron felt so insecure as an Inferior Muslim, he had to pick a Boko Haram Sympathizer as his running mate to prove a point to his Fulani masters that he is still willing to Lick their ass...

Nigerians will teach this useless APC party and their flag bearer a Serious lesson in 7 months Time.

Christians everywhere must wake up and smell the Islamization bread that the APC is baking....

Well meaning Nigerians are saying no to a Muslim-Muslim Ticket.

Mental Health should be taken serious in Nigeria. This poster is definitely suffering from psychiatric disorders and mental imbalance.

Tinubu is the god of Nigeria's politics, he and his boys have won 98% of all the elections they contested from 1999 till date. No human or spirit in Nigeria has that record
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by InvertedHammer: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
/
Wetin concern me?

When Muslims get empowered and continued slaughtering Nigerians, na the same here we go come read the news.

Fantasy vs Reality.

No be to give water to monkey, na to retrieve the cup be wahala. Wailing after empowering your killers serve no purpose. It is like crying over spilled milk.
/

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by kilonshele101(m): 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
Newton2024:
Tinubu's Muslim/Muslim Ticket

Some questions are running through my mind:

1. Is there no Christian member of APC from the 19 northern states?

2. If religion does not matter but competency, is there not competent Christian in the entire North?

3. If religion does not matter, what about tribe? Does tribe matters?

4. Can APC fields Yoruba-Yoruba or Igbo-Igbo ticket?

5. Is APC an Islam'ic fundamentalist party like violent muslim brotherhood of Egypt?

6. Can Boko-Haram, Ansarudeen and ISWAP accept Christian-Christian ticket?

7. Why are APC surpporters unrepentant hypocrites?

Lol
I hope you find answers to your questions soon.

But know this

When it comes to population, Muslims are fewer than Christians in the whole of south the same way Christians are fewer than Muslims in the whole of North.

if a Muslim from the south could play his game to the extent of him emerging as the presidential candidate of the ruling party, don't expect us to vote against him.

Instead, I'm appealing to the Christians in the north that they shouldn't wait for opportunities, they can work for it too.

You might want to say northern Muslims are intolerant to their Christian counterparts. Don't preach the same intolerance to southern Christians.

Southwest lọ́kàn

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by TinubuAdvocate1: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
PHIPEX:
Thank God, on what basis is Tinubu now expecting to win the NW? The only thing he has their is Ganduje. NE will be divided with Atiku and LP, NW is free for all while he can't even boast of winning SW.

Any serious APC member knows this is a bad choice.
this your analysis is very poor
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 10, 2022
Vistra40:

And what happens if atiku doesn’t win any southern state?

He would, or at the very least, get some states. PDP has a lot of supporters in the South.

For now, the main issue is Wike, though. I don't like the way PDP is treating him, and honestly some of Atiku's advisers are worried he is not doing enough to placate Wike....that could cost SS votes.

Like I said, even with my predictions, anything can happen in the next 7-8 months.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by BePrepared: 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
I so love this news

At least we now have LP and Pdp

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by naija4life247: 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
Newton2024:
Tinubu's Muslim/Muslim Ticket

Some questions are running through my mind:

1. Is there no Christian member of APC from the 19 northern states?

2. If religion does not matter but competency, is there not competent Christian in the entire North?

3. If religion does not matter, what about tribe? Does tribe matters?

4. Can APC fields Yoruba-Yoruba or Igbo-Igbo ticket?

5. Is APC an Islam'ic fundamentalist party like violent muslim brotherhood of Egypt?

6. Can Boko-Haram, Ansarudeen and ISWAP accept Christian-Christian ticket?

7. Why are APC surpporters unrepentant hypocrites?

Northerners have picked their representative.

The North has rejected a Christian from representing them, Tinubu has little input in that. Just as Tinubu nominated Buhari's deputy Judas Osinbajo to represent the South without the input of the Northern politicians, so has the North nominated deputies for Tinubu to pick from. It's a loss for Northern Christians, not for Yorubas
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by zakkxx: 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
kilonshele101:
Malam Shettima or Pastor Shettima

Considering the religious diversity in my family - it's a Win-win.

Yoruba lokon

Oga only Yoruba cannot make Tinubu the president! The North will not live an Atiku and Kwankwaso to vote Tinubu. I am a Northern Christian, we are in millions! We will not vote him because he ignore us! Peter chances are getting clearer!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by saintrow1: 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
Haylel:

If he can;

You are dreaming but its good to dream.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 / Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents / IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.