Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,174 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate (60362 Views)

Inauguration Of Tinubu & Shettima As President Of Nigeria, Vice (Live Update) / Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Peter Obi Hugs Atiku Abubakar After Being Selected As His Running Mate. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by NNTR: 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
sucess001:
You use Jesus to sell your deluded theory?
Less, if not nothing to do with Jesus.
More of, as you lay your bed, be comfortable lying in it.
Lets catch up and check notes come 2023

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by FuckOsuPigs: 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
God1000:
Bad and wrong choice, what a historic mistake

If you call it a mistake, then you're probably politically naive.

If Tinubu had chosen a northern Christian, he would have lost with a landslide with Atiku in the picture.

Southwest has no problem with whoever he chooses since we already have him. Let the north choose their preferred candidate. The core north would never have supported a Christian northerner.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by smile11s(m): 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
Subsidywise20:
Hmmm

I'm going to repost my prediction for 2023 here, that I made on another thread, now that BAT and APC have their cards on the table..along with LP and PDP

To add, it is possible that Atiku could do enough to win without a runoff. Obi and BAT supporters are fighting out a scorched earth campaign , and the Southern vote may be severely divided as a result. All Atiku needs to do is win in the North, take a few Southern states, and that's it.

(Of course playing politcal prophet is a risky game. Most of the time, one is wrong. Remember the 2016 election in the USA, where everyone thought it was Clinton that would beat Trump.)

Modifed

For those calling Peter Obi a Biafranist....recall that in 1993, Sylvester Ugoh, who was Tofa's running mate in NRC...was actually the governor of the Central Bank of Biafra. His signature appears on the Biafran pound (I used to have a few specimens of the thing...a pound note). Yet the Northern brigade chose him as Tofa's running mate. Tines were different back then. Obi meanwhile has never supported or backed Biafra or IPOB Oor Massob, and IPOB hates him well well.).

reposted here
https://gist.am/question/opinion--bola-tinubu-has-no-choice-but-to-choose-a-northern-muslim

thanks
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Vistra40: 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
Subsidywise20:

He would, or at the very least, get some states. PDP has a lot of supporters in the South.

For now, the main issue is Wike, though. I don't like the way PDP is treating him, and honestly some of Atiku's advisers are worried he is not doing enough to placate Wike....that could cost SS votes.

Like I said, even with my predictions, anything can happen in the next 7-8 months.

So with how people are gingered to vote this time around you still think the current surge will favour atiku in the south?
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Ayoslimzy(m): 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
kramer:
At the end of the day the North still wins.

If not, why can't we have an SS and SS ticket?
Or SE and SE, or SW and SW?

It's because without the North, you can't win nothing
ode
You don see NE AND NW Ticket before ?
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Owontime: 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
Reinaldo:
Nothing for APC. Peter Obi and Atiku now stand a better chance.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Ijaya123: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
APC just scored another own goal.

The first was picking Tinubu ahead of Osinbajo in the primaries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Owontime: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
Kwankwaso was right, some people have no sense when it comes to politics.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Druss(m): 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
I am definitely not voting for Tinubu. Nigerians it is time to get rid of APC. They are definitely a confused party.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by FuckOsuPigs: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
excel127:
Tinubu is finished.

Yinmu!

If he had chosen a Daddy GO as running mate, would y'all have voted for him? We don discount una vote tey-tey.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
ItsTutsi:
I'm totally against your permutation and analysis!!

No problem. If you did read my post, you would see that even I think I am a bad predictor. (That's a big part of why I don't do betting...)

1-Buhari will definitely support Tinubu, he said it vividly that Tinubu is his choice , he might not have been prior to primaries.. But now as a candidate of APC, Buhari is a very discipline fella, hence, he can't work against Tinubu/APC

That is true.

2- Buhari has a very soft spot for NE in his heart, he was once a military governor, coupled with the fact that borno gave him second highest votes, he won't dump Shettima

Again true...Borno in particular may go for APC...Zulum is doing a good job. But Atiku is in play now, and that could be dicey.

3- Atiku will not win the north!! The 22 APC governors are fighting for broke and survival, they need Tinubu as much as he needs them, or PDP/LP eventual winner will blow them away just like how Buhari/APC did in most states in 2015

And those Northern governors won because Buhari was on the ballot. Buhari is responsible for their winning. Buhari not being on the ballot? Well, like I said, the Buhari bloc could still listen to their master and vote for BAT on his instructions....but at the same time, Buhari not being on the ballot could lead to many looking for a new person..and Atiku is closest to what they want.

4- choosing Kashima, a kanuri from NE, will give Atiku a run for his money.. Kanuri are majority in Borno and yobe, and can be find in other NE States.. So automatically Tinubu has borno and yobe, other NE state could go either way(but difference if margin won't be up to 20%)

It would...which is part of why the BAT choose him.
5- Tinubu already has a block region in SW, he should atleast get 70% here.. Fayose, kayode and makinwa coming together tells u the mindset and trajectory of SW

Five years ago, I would have agreed with you, but now, I'm not so sure. Chrsitians are very angry with APC right now, and that may affect APC votes all over the South. Plus PDP's performance last election...55 to 45%...that's not too good for APC (If I was an APC man in the SW, I would be worried, even though we won!)....plus they did better than expected in Lagos.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Angelfrost(m): 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
Subsidywise20:

Well, BAT has no choice. It was either a Muslim VP or nothing. Choosing a christian won't have done much, especially in the North (where Christian votes most likely would go for PDP with some going to LP...APC may not do well enough)..whereas choosing a Muslim means he gets a chance to have the Buhari bloc vote for him...and snatch some votes from Atiku's backyard. (Borno may go for APC...Zulum has been doing a good job as governor, given the bad hand he was handed)

If APC wanted to win, a christian southerner may have done the trick as presidential candidate. Though, it may have still tilted the North to PDP, and the crucial Middle belt also to PDP and LP. South is divided between LP, PDP and APC.

But as people have said...Buhari not being on the ballot could make the race more competitive. Nothing is guaranteed...even with Bubu travelling around with BAT and calling him his brother from another mother (or son, lol).

Nah... APC has lost face all over the nation even the North! Let's face facts!

Tinubu played into the hands of these manipulative Northeners! The stage is set for another Northern continuity.

All Atiku needs now is play his cards right with the Southern and Northern Christians.

There is no way Tinubu is selling this Muslim/Muslim ticket to Christian voters in the South, North and Middle Belt.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by ransomed: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
[quote author=Fiftee50 post=114598504]The end of Apc[/quote

]
Amen!
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Yankee101: 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2022
Abandon this ship o ye Christians

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by FuckOsuPigs: 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2022
kramer:
At the end of the day the North still wins.

If not, why can't we have an SS and SS ticket?
Or SE and SE, or SW and SW?

It's because without the North, you can't win nothing

Thumbs up.

Reality!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by oshiokpu(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
Tinubu is alotof things but one good thing about him is that he rewards loyalty. I admire that about him. Kashim Shettima has been at the forefront of the Tinubu's struggle.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by ransomed: 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
Sorry to Yoruba people . Your father did not choose rightly.
The only rescuer is Obi.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Josh109: 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hello ooo, the contest is bwt Tinubu Atiku and Obi and not there vice, the more u get that into ur head the better.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by SmartPolician: 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
Cromagnon:
what have you gained from balance? Boko started under obj and read under Jonathan. Osibanjo is useless

And what do you think two unfit Muslims would do differently to solve the problems? undecided

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by kilonshele101(m): 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
zakkxx:
Oga only Yoruba cannot make Tinubu the president! The North will not live an Atiku and Kwankwaso to vote Tinubu. I am a Northern Christian, we are in millions! We will not vote him because he ignore us! Peter chances are getting clearer!!!!

Because of the bolded is why we need a popular and sellable northern. I see no reason for you to condemn tinubu's choice. Because you won't still vote for him if he had chosen a Christian running mate.

Goodluck though, God should keep us till 2023 and beyond.

Southwest to Aso rock

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by 2loadedguy: 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Don't you think, there may be some christains that would ordinarily want to vote for him but because of this combination, they may refrain.
I am a Christian and would vote for Asiwaju even is he picks a pagan as running mate. I'm not sure religion will dissuade any enlightened Nigerian from voting Asiwaju as president in 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Engrr(m): 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
Femabol01:
You understood their concern. If he had chosen an unpopular Christian from the North, they will be happy and still not vote for him. Now that he has chosen a popular northern Muslim; he has become a threat. I'm a Christian and will gladly vote for Tinubu. Politics is beyond sentiment, as the aim of a politician is to win.
Can you give me one convincing reason why you want to vote Tinubu?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Bimpe29: 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
God1000:
Bad and wrong choice, what a historic mistake
For the sake of education, why was it bad and wrong?
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by treatise: 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
walozanga:
It's getting more interesting

It's with high odds with greater chances of losing.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by king6869: 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2022
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by ofiko123(m): 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2022
Congratulations to kashim shettima..
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2022
Vistra40:

So with how people are gingered to vote this time around you still think the current surge will favour atiku in the south?

Probably. Like I said...LP and APC are most likley to split the Southern vote. But PDP still has a lot of support in the South..and people may vote for a PDP they know...than a LP they do not know (Yes, LP has won elections in Ondo...but that was because PDP and APC were divided..and anyways, APC took over once Mimiko left.).

LP in my opinion has a lot of work to do. Ekiti election was a mess for the party...if it is hoping to win southern votes. It came tenth, and even came in behind SDP...which has less visibility than it does. For now, APC and PDP are the leading parties in the South..with PDP leading in the SE, SS, APC in the SW.

Of course, there is the Wike factor....PDP up till now does not know how to placate him.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Enesis: 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2022
A bad choice. Kashim Shetima is a big time financier of Boko Haram. Am from the Northeastern part of Nigeria. He coordinated the famous Chibok girls kidnapped. No to Muslim - Muslim ticket.....
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by ItsTutsi(m): 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
I definitely agree SW Christian are very agree now, but as time goes, it will subside, especially when campaign start.. Tinubu is a strategic politician, he knows he will need to specify southern Christian and he will do that by visiting Christian leaders like RCCG, CAN etc
Subsidywise20:

No problem. If you did read my post, you would see that even I think I am a bad predictor. (That's a big part of why I don't do betting...)

That is true.

Again true...Borno in particular may go for APC...Zulum is doing a good job. But Atiku is in play now, and that could be dicey.

And those Northern governors won because Buhari was on the ballot. Buhari is responsible for their winning. Buhari not being on the ballot? Well, like I said, the Buhari bloc could still listen to their master and vote for BAT on his instructions....but at the same time, Buhari not being on the ballot could lead to many looking for a new person..and Atiku is closest to what they want.

Five years ago, I would have agreed with you, but now, I'm not so sure. Chrsitians are very angry with APC right now, and that may affect APC votes all over the South. Plus PDP's performance last election...55 to 45%...that's not too good for APC (If I was an APC man in the SW, I would be worried, even though we won!)....plus they did better than expected in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by sokera: 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Don't you think, there may be some christains that would ordinarily want to vote for him but because of this combination, they may refrain.
that is a lie, Tinubu vote will naturally come from yoruba and northerners.. yoruba dont care about religion and northerners will love the Muslim Muslim thing advantage... only the igbos that will be shouting

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Josh109: 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
Subsidywise20:

That is true.

this is no longer political party affairs but personality and tribalistic differences,...u can take that to the bank
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Ropostic120(m): 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2022
Tinubu cannot smell that seat with this grievous mistake of picking a Muslim deputy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign / Zubby Michael Travelling On A Bike From Asaba To Onitsha (Pics & Video) / Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.