Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,824 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians (31313 Views)

We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders / Aggrieved Northern APC Christians Endorse Peter Obi, Give Reasons / Muslim-Muslim: We Will Abandon You – Northern APC Christians To Tinubu, Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by Reference(m): 8:55pm On Jul 12, 2022
Great2017:

You only view things from one perspective. What if Tinubu loses?

Win or loses Nigeria will be more and more divided.
If he wins Christians will be in effect 'the opposition', parties will no longer be the political opposition but a whole religious grouping.
If he loses Muslims will resent whichever party wins and are likely to kick.

The summary is simple. Given the way the present government has mismanaged our diversity these past years taking us polls apart from 1993, the APC should never have put itself in this position in the first place.

No one will come out of this unscathed, the government, the people and all interest groups will be fatally scarred.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by JOemmy(m): 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2022
Apc tribal and religious politics have reduced nigeria to the poverty capital of the world.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by paramakina202: 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2022
Golan007:

Like Dino Melaye.

What business does Dino do?
Before he became a politician what was he into?
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by P1PrinceKT(m): 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2022
Niwdog:
Any Christian supporting Apc ticket in this present Nigeria need to check his Faith
Any Northern Christian supporting this ticket needs his/her mental status checked
What Apc is telling Northern Christians is that they have no credible, competent individual to presides as vice president o talk more of president
. No it's not like that.
A Christians in North would never be trusted, you can continue with your complain or whatever you can do, but you should know that a Christian will never represent North/Arewa Politically.

1 Like

Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by Golan007: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2022
paramakina202:

What business does Dino do?
Before he became a politician what was he into?

He owns some McDonald's restaurants in the States.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by AstroHenri(m): 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2022
BigSarah:
grin Christians learn from the South East.

Please Christians support Tinubu, if Tinubu wins without Christians vote, that'll be the worst thing to happen to Christians in Nigeria.

One year into his administration Christians will be called wailers, Miscreants etc.
Then Christians will be called terrorists, and even Christianity proscribed sef.

Don't say you weren't advised..

The point of my comment is not to threaten, I'm neither a Muslim or a Christian.

As JESUS LIVETH, U Will remember today in a years time, where your mockery failed... That ticket will come third
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by djon78(m): 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
LegendHero:
Nice one from these groups.

It is your right to come out to vent your anger on the ticket. This is democracy and you have every right to be angry.

However, in the game of numbers and decision analysis, most Northern Christians usually give their votes to the PDP and historical data also shows this. Which means that Tinubu already foresaw that there will be withdrawal and realignment, it is already factored in the numbers.

With North being Muslim majority, it will be sure defeat for Tinubu if he had chose a minority Christian as VP. These outburst by CAN/Northern Christians could even have a resultant effect where the average Muslim in the North that won’t vote Tinubu before might be swayed by religious sentiment to make a statement about their numbers in the North.

We welcome more of this outburst, and I hope you can keep the momentum till next year because sentiment analysis shows that Nigerians generally can’t keep up the pace for long.

What of Atiku

Is he not a Northern Muslim presidential candidate

You don't think he even has the first priority to earn Muslim votes in the North before Tinubu a Southerner with Northern vp?

Anyway by February 2023, we will know how far
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by LordOfTheGame: 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
madridguy:
I hope when he eventually win without Christian vote no one will be crying of Islamization of Nigeria.

So by your own standard measure for leadership is sidelining those who didn't vote for you or those who had a different opinion contrary to yours?
Democracy on the sand!

1 Like

Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by Golan007: 9:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
Reference:

Win or loses Nigeria will be more and more divided.
If he wins Christians will be in effect 'the opposition', parties will no longer be the political opposition but a whole religious grouping.
If he loses Muslims will resent whichever party wins and are likely to kick.

The summary is simple. Given the way the present government has mismanaged our diversity these past years taking us polls apart from 1993, the APC should never have put itself in this position in the first place.

No one will come out of this unscathed, the government, the people and all interest groups will be fatally scarred.

They should have formed another party and they'll automatically become innocent of any issue APC may have caused.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2022
AstroHenri:

As JESUS LIVETH, U Will remember today in a years time, where your mockery failed... That ticket will come third

You are wasting your time out of frustration and bitterness that is why I refused to read your jargons.

Almost 3 years ago you and your brothers said you prefer death to Tinubu ruling over you.

The Heavens have kept a watch over Tinubu to see if he would overcome obstacles on his political course to the Presidency. So far he has overcome each obstacle as he comes across them.

Is there any association called Northern APC Christians? Since on Sunday evening where do they meet or have meeting? If they cannot campaign for Tinubu in the North, they should be able to campaign for Atiku or Obi in the North.

God bless them for leaving APC.

They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed but abideth forever.

If it had not been the Lord who was on the side of Bola Tinubu, challenges would have swallowed him up, waters (storms) should have overwhelmed him and stream (crisis) would have gone over his soul. Blessed be the Lord. who hath not given him as a prey to your teeth.

You prayed for him to be stopped before Primary, he survived. You prayed he should be humiliated during Primary, instead of shame, he had double portion of glory, you prayed he should make the wrong choice of running mate, he made the right choice.

The fact that there is a reactions , bitterness and frustrations shows that he made the right choice before the heavens. Only those with glory pass through crises. The brothers of Joseph & David never passed through the crises Joseph and David went through because of their destiny.

Tinubu has a particular assignment the Authority of Heaven sent him to implement for Nigeria but there are many adversaries. Obasanjo was unable to complete his own assignment because of time and opposition to 3rd term.

Northern Christians should not allow themselves to be misled by people fighting Yorubas or Tinubu over presidency or Good luck Jonathan defeat but hiding under religion sentiment. God will humiliate them.

They are fighting Tinubu because of votes in Core North.

3 Likes

Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by nkem1992: 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2022
BigSarah:

Please Christians support Tinubu, if Tinubu wins without Christians vote, that'll be the worst thing to happen to Christians in Nigeria.

One year into his administration Christians will be called wailers, Miscreants etc.
Then Christians will be called terrorists, and even Christianity proscribed sef.

The point of my comment is not to threaten, I'm neither a Muslim or a Christian.
We are gearing up for the worst.. We will not support to tinubu, let the worst happen.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by djon78(m): 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
JAMO84:
Northern Christians have never voted for APC in Presidential election before, they have been voting PDP and this time, their votes will be splitted between LP and PDP.

And Atiku a Northern presidential candidate won't get sizable vote from the North?

Tinubu is a Southerner with a North East VP

Atiku has more chance of securing Northern votes before Tinubu
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by djon78(m): 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Vistra40:

Hope you know the PDP candidate is a Muslim too and a northerner? I say make I remind you awon game of numbers

That's what I was reminding them

Atiku has more chance of securing Northern Muslim votes

Tinubu is a Southerner
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by Oshey99: 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
BigSarah:

You say that Christian's should learn from the South east but you seem to have forgotten that it's the North, who voted in mass for Buhari, that are suffering the most.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by luluman: 9:11pm On Jul 12, 2022
BigSarah:

Ofcourse not a Christian nor Muslim but a terrorist.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by paramakina202: 9:11pm On Jul 12, 2022
Golan007:

He owns some McDonald's restaurants in the States.

grin
Nice business
He is in Atiku's camp so I no get business with him.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by Golan007: 9:12pm On Jul 12, 2022
paramakina202:

grin
Nice business
He is in Atiku's camp so I no get business with him.

Exactly what we are saying.

It depends on what party he he campaigns for.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by FreedomfromtheT: 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2022
BigSarah:

In the spirit of equity and fairness, we need a Christian to take over from the current Muslim president while a Muslim will deputize for him. There is a Christian in the ballot, Mr. Peter Obi, the candidate of the Labour Party with Dr. Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed as his vice presidential candidate. If 90% of Christians vote for Peter Obi and 95% Muslim votes are shared between Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Peter Obi and Datti will have a resounding victory and become Nigeria's next president and vice president come May 29, 2023. Nigeria will be great again in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by gentlegenius(m): 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

You are far off from politics!

Qualities you should applaud about a politician! Its evident that his political structure is rock solid!

Do you have an idea how Trump is to the Republican party as of date? I am sure you don't.
That is the qualities of a desperate politician, not the qualities of a Democratic leader.
We are practicing Democracy, not Politicracy. Democracy is the government controlled by the people. If one person controls a Democratic government for many years, he becomes a dictator, and that makes him very dangerous to the people.
If Atiku or Obi was the one controlling one state for 23 years, you wouldn't tell me to applaud such desperation. Supporting Tinubu shouldn't take away your sense and your conscience. Pls call a spade, a spade.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by shariff84: 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2022
paramakina202:

Yeah the northern christian APC members that have issued warning to Tinubu are Obidient internet warriors make dey there fess.
let me tell you something, during election northern Christian always vote Christian candidate in election.
This northern Christian willnot vote Tinubu but Obi.But we don't care about them much because they are not plenty.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by Ojuntana: 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2022
LegendHero:

It is your right to come out to vent your anger on the ticket. This is democracy and you have every right to be angry.

However, in the game of numbers and decision analysis, most Northern Christians usually give their votes to the PDP and historical data also shows this. Which means that Tinubu already foresaw that there will be withdrawal and realignment, it is already factored in the numbers.

With North being Muslim majority, it will be sure defeat for Tinubu if he had chose a minority Christian as VP. These outburst by CAN/Northern Christians could even have a resultant effect where the average Muslim in the North that won’t vote Tinubu before might be swayed by religious sentiment to make a statement about their numbers in the North.

We welcome more of this outburst, and I hope you can keep the momentum till next year because sentiment analysis shows that Nigerians generally can’t keep up the pace for long.

Is it not funny that northern Muslims think a Yoruba Muslim is not Muslim enough to represent them while southern Christians think a northern minority Christian is Christian enough to represent them.
If a Nupe Muslim or an ebira Muslim should become presidential candidate, will the North ask him to pick a nothern Muslim as VP candidate? That implies a Nupe or ebira Muslim is superior to a southern Muslim in the eyes of the north yet you guys think your grouse is with northern Christians
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by Oshey99: 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2022
Golan007:
Therefore a southern muslim should never aspire for the top position.

If a Southern Muslim decides to aspire for presidency, he should also be willing to make a Northern Christian his vice. Afterall they both share similar fate in their respective regions.

Imagine if it a Northern Christian was going for presidency and chose a Southern Christian as his vice inorder to win votes in the South. Won't the southern minority Muslims oppose this?
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by Slynation(m): 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2022
madridguy:
I hope when he eventually win without Christian vote no one will be crying of Islamization of Nigeria.
Tinubu can never win without Christian votes, so make Una rest...
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by paramakina202: 9:21pm On Jul 12, 2022
Golan007:

Exactly what we are saying.

It depends on what party he he campaigns for.

Golan you are good man vote Peter Obi for a better Nigeria that will be favourable to all its citizens, where there will be no 5 percenters,where there will be no winners and losers.A new Nigeria that works for everyone.Peter Obi is not running for president to marginalise any region unlike others.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by paramakina202: 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2022
shariff84:
let me tell you something, during election northern Christian always vote Christian candidate in election.
This northern Christian willnot vote Tinubu but Obi.But we don't care about them much because they are not plenty.

A typical Tinubu supporter is self centered and don't care about others just as you said but lets see how how far guys you can go.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by Golan007: 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2022
paramakina202:

Golan you are good man vote Peter Obi for a better Nigeria that will be favourable to all its citizens, where there will be no 5 percenters,where there will be no winners and losers.A new Nigeria that works for everyone.Peter Obi is not running for president to marginalise any region unlike others.
Yes sir.

Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by Golan007: 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
Oshey99:

If a Southern Muslim decides to aspire for presidency, he should also be willing to make a Northern Christian his vice. Afterall they both share similar fate in their respective regions.

Imagine if it a Northern Christian was going for presidency and chose a Southern Christian as his vice inorder to win votes in the South. Won't the southern minority Muslims oppose this?

I think if a man is contesting for president his running mate should be a woman.
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by femicyrus(m): 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2022
Yorubalandlord:
Tinubu scored a political own goal with his choice of a Boko Haram apologist
He can no longer get block Vote in the southwest, cos from today's campaign against the Muslim Muslim ticket Begins across all churches from southwest to south South to southeast down to the North.
Nobody will be bold enough to come and campaign for Tinubu(APC) Muslim Muslim ticket in any church or Christian gathering in the southwest, he/she will be Stoned on the pulpit, booed, and chased away.
All Christians let's join hands together to vote out this Islamic party that want to islamize Nigeria, we don't know if Nigeria is an Islamic country.
#obi-datti 2023
Since when did pastors stand on the pulpit to campaign for a candidate? Or a church authority will now allow a politician to stand before a congregation that have their own brain intact to come and campaign for anybody in the church?
You should know you only have one vote which you can give any candidate of your choice depending on the function of your brain.
You can't expect others with a functional brain to suspend their own Brain and follow whatsoever your brain is able to transmit to your mouth
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by iyaniwura7nneka: 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
poverty and laziness is a disease.poverty and laziness is a disease....
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by gentlegenius(m): 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
lailo:

Then give me an example of a leader in Nigeria?
A leader is anyone that is not desperate for the position, but passionate about what he will do for the people. A leader does not focus on his own ambition, neither will he pay the people to give him a chance to lead them. Check among the presidential candidates and you will find one who is not willing to pay anyone shishi to support him; one who is not desperate to occupy the office, but is simply offering himself to rescue the nation. You know who I'm talking about... Now, that is a LEADER!
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by paramakina202: 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2022
Golan007:

Yes sir.

grin
Re: We Can No Longer Campaign For Tinubu - Northern APC Christians by FreedomfromtheT: 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
LegendHero:

So you assume that the contest in just better a Christian and a Muslim candidate. Don't you? It's like you forgot that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the candidate of the PDP is a Muslim from the northern Muslim majority smand this coming election appears to be his last shot at the presidency as age is not on his side. At best, northern Muslim votes will be shared 70:30, 50:50 or 60:40 between Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, that is assuming no northern Muslim will vote for Labour Party because of the vice presidential candidate, Dr. Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Court Awards ₦30M Against Marianne Ahmadu Ali For Locking Up Aide In Dog Cage / Garba Shehu: Akeredolu Cannot Unilaterally Oust Herders In Ondo State / Lagos Mention In Buhari's Interview Not Reference To Tinubu, Says Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.