Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket (23600 Views)

Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Ominous Dangers Of An Atiku Presidency / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Grave Implications Of APC Muslim-Muslim Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Stanleyq: 6:56am On Jul 13, 2022

1 Like

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Backpedal: 6:56am On Jul 13, 2022
seunmsg:

Obi just dey collect wotowoto grin grin grin

Jokes apart though, the part in bold is why I can’t support Peter Obi in good conscience. He failed woefully as governor of Anambra state. There is absolutely nothing you can point to in the state as his legacy today. He’s a desperate man with nothing to offer. At best, he will be a downgraded version of Goodluck Jonathan.
Obi failed as gov?
What kind of mumu talk is this ?

1 Like

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by favour32(m): 6:57am On Jul 13, 2022
I don see...
Tinubu/Shettima picture for APC.
Atiku/Okowa picture for PDP
Obi/Datti picture for Labour Party.

Na the third one combination nai get genuine interest of the masses to better their lives because all their CV complete.

The first combination CV nor complete.
The second combination CV nor complete.

Wetin that one mean?

1 Like

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 13, 2022
fiizznation:
The man is politically naive. Social media mob don't win elections. He should have aligned with NNPP maybe they might do some electoral damage to APC/PDP if they employ a very good PR team. LP lacks any structure, no coherency, no manifesto, no direction, no class. And if you don't have any of those things, you are not going anywhere.

Why did buhari finally won the election in 2015, well he went back to the drawing board. Just like how buhari was a regional politician pre-2015, that's exactly how Peter obi and kwankwaso are both regional politicians.

Are alright Kwankwaso tell u say he wan contest ... that was u people plan abi
Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by KaluwisxPRO: 7:02am On Jul 13, 2022
helinushorney:
Seun will push anything against obi on front page but anything in support of him will be denied front page.

Seun you're a bigot wey dey disguise.
such a pity election can change you.

Nairaland as a whole is a tribalistic, dictatorial dustbin. The mad owner went on Twitter to rant after he was dragged like a petty thief in a market square.

He thought he was on NL where he command what happens.
Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2022
Adegboruwa is right about fraudster Obi and gay-basher Datti.

Yet he commits the cardinal sin of most Nigerian intellectuals which is to sit on the fence, take the moral high ground, and judge everyone while failing to offer solutions or directions an extremely distressed people can follow.

There is always a lesser evil. A usefully intelligent person will know this and back that option because "evil triumphs when good men do nothing".

To condemn all and back none is the convenient option for most Nigerian so-called intellectuals because they are essentially cowards more obsessed with preening like Peacocks instead of getting into the trenches and fighting definitively for solutions.

1 Like

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by pacespot(m): 7:05am On Jul 13, 2022
The problem with Tinubu supporters is that they lack the conviction and foresight of the ability of people to produce a change. They believe that the same system or existing powers will always find a way to trample on people's will. Maybe you can call this a black man disease, but I don't believe all black people have this mentality, this is mostly common among old people who are used to the status quo.

Some people even call Obi a mere social media sensation which will fade away as time passes by, despite seeing marked results in over 10 millions additional voters who are mostly youths, they still think it is just a fad. Maybe APC only campaign tactic is to continue to play down on the capacity of the so called "structureless" Obi supporters to make him president.

1 Like

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Eniitankorede: 7:06am On Jul 13, 2022
gidgiddy:

This is unfair. Should Peter Obi visit the family of anyone killed in Anambra or issue state on it?

If you want to be a leader of everyone, YES!!!
Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by pacespot(m): 7:06am On Jul 13, 2022
The problem with Tinubu supporters is that they lack the conviction and foresight of the ability of people to produce a change. They believe that the same system or existing powers will always find a way to trample on people's will. Maybe you can call this a black man disease, but I don't believe all black people have this mentality, as this is mostly common among old people who are used to the status quo.

Some people even call Obi a mere social media sensation which will fade away as time passes by, despite seeing marked results in over 10 millions additional voters who are mostly youths, they still think it is just a fad. Maybe APC only campaign tactic is to continue to play down on the capacity of the so called "structureless" Obi supporters to make him president.
Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by kwasoly(m): 7:07am On Jul 13, 2022
Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Eniitankorede: 7:08am On Jul 13, 2022
Dididrumz:
Peter Obi for a better Nigeria.

I don't understand how someone with his/right senses will listen to Peter Obi talk and not want to give him a chance at the presidency.

Obi is smart, his running mart is smart.
They have good intentions for Nigeria.

#VotePeterObi

Talk is cheap. Motivational Speakers don’t build industries. He has no records of achievements.

1 Like

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 13, 2022
@OP Naptu2.

Who are you supporting in the 2023 race? You are clever at 'blank canvas' deception and hiding your opinion while playing 'agent provocateur' always in the attempt to curry favour with all while offending none.

Tell us, without equivocation, who you are supporting.

1 Like

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Mandate2023: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2022
gidgiddy:

This is unfair. Should Peter Obi visit the family of anyone killed in Anambra or issue state on it?

Something d VP sef dey do
Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Sheggy13(m): 7:12am On Jul 13, 2022
seunmsg:

Obi just dey collect wotowoto grin grin grin

Jokes apart though, the part in bold is why I can’t support Peter Obi in good conscience. He failed woefully as governor of Anambra state. There is absolutely nothing you can point to in the state as his legacy today. He’s a desperate man with nothing to offer. At best, he will be a downgraded version of Goodluck Jonathan.
Sincerely. I'm trying to come to terms with how Peter Obi suddenly became a Messiah. There was nothing inspiring he did as governor in Anambra to warrant all these hype. There are many ex-governors we can count that did much better than him, even Kwankwaso of Kano. I didn't know going regularly to Arise news TV to give statistics of GDP in China, Egypt and so on is what qualifies one to be the solution to Nigeria's problem. Any reasonable person who's not tossed about by the mob will critically appraise Adegboruwa's points here dispassionately to see the naked truths in it. Alas we like deceit in this part of the world. 2015 is upon us again, same way Buhari was hyped. The results are laid bare for all to see.

5 Likes

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by heysquare(m): 7:15am On Jul 13, 2022
gidgiddy:

They condemned Tinubu for the same reason for not speaking against heinous act of Fulani herdsmen and endsars

1 Like

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by naptu2: 7:15am On Jul 13, 2022
Dsalvo:
@OP Naptu2.

Who are you supporting in the 2023 race? You are clever at 'blank canvas' deception and hiding your opinion while playing 'agent provocateur' always in the attempt to curry favour with all while offending none.

Tell us, without equivocation, who you are supporting.

Who the heck are you that I should tell you anything??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by austinofo(m): 7:18am On Jul 13, 2022
fiizznation:
The man is politically naive. Social media mob don't win elections. He should have aligned with NNPP maybe they might do some electoral damage to APC/PDP if they employ a very good PR team. LP lacks any structure, no coherency, no manifesto, no direction, no class. And if you don't have any of those things, you are not going anywhere.

Why did buhari finally won the election in 2015, well he went back to the drawing board. Just like how buhari was a regional politician pre-2015, that's exactly how Peter obi and kwankwaso are both regional politicians.

Your take is a very funny one. Last I checked, Labour party isn't a regional party, as much as prior to this present Peter Obi tsunami that has made the party wildly popular and accepted it was a party that can't be credited to be owned or be of a particular region like APGA, NNPP, SDP and a few others I might not know. You should understand Labour Party represents the working class citizens of Nigeria.
As you wail about this Peter Obi frenzy of your dislike please still opine facts.

1 Like

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 13, 2022
Sheggy13:

Sincerely. I'm trying to come to terms with how Peter Obi suddenly became a Messiah. There was nothing inspiring he did as governor in Anambra to warrant all these hype. There are many ex-governors we can count that did much better than him, even Kwankwaso of Kano. I didn't know going regularly to Arise news TV to give statistics of GDP in China, Egypt and so on is what qualifies one to be the solution to Nigeria's problem. Any reasonable person who's not tossed about by the mob will critically appraise Adegboruwa's points here dispassionately to see the naked truths in it. Alas we like deceit in this part of the world. 2015 is upon us again, same way Buhari was hyped. The results are laid bare for all to see.

Obi is the worst option. All other candidates are proven men of conviction but Obi alone stands out as a serial and unfit coward.

The history of Obi is about unmanly cowardice and weakeness.

From begging OBj and prostrating before him, only to still get impeached, to running away from the PDP Primaries challenge , Obi is an irresponsible coward and weakling.

He will be worse than GEJ and I dont see why any sensible person will support him but Nigeria is currently not a sensible nation so I can understand the support he enjoys from ignorant and misguided Nigerians.

Tinubu is already President. Election is a formality.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Paullo19: 7:24am On Jul 13, 2022
It's just funny how even those in the judiciary, who are supposed to be imparcial are into politics themselves..
For past years, we've voted people with good track record of governance, with structure, without religious segregation, where have it led us to? Bokoharam, unknown gun men, herdsmen, IPOB, thugs, ASUU strike, have been the order of the day...we continually vote same people with structure and we are suffering and dieing...we need a change.

1 Like

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 13, 2022
naptu2:

Who the heck are you that I should tell you anything??

Typical empty arrogance. Simple question you have to respond with hubris. Why can't you simply state who you are supporting to emerge President?
Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by sonnie10: 7:28am On Jul 13, 2022
dazzlingd:
Peter obi doesn’t know how to play politics, and shouldn’t expect a miracle to win a presidential seat. He should come 3rd though
The race is between apc and pdp

What exactly did he not do right?
How else would he have emerged as Presidential candidate when Atiku and Kwankwaso were insisting on making him VP?

Except you are saying he should have waited for the next 8years and get disappointed like Osibanjo.

1 Like

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by kingmsookwagh(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2022
Okealaaye:

He would have been a learned colleague if he had written glowingly about Peter Obi?
can't you read?

Aren't all those rubbish?

Or have you lost touch of your logical reasoning ( syllogism) ??

Oga! Better look else where to exhibit your stoopidity o!!!

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Richy986: 7:33am On Jul 13, 2022
Person wey dey use mouth drive motor nor dey jam. Talk is cheap, we need to see his achievements as governor of Anambra for 8 years. Peter Obi is a 419
Dididrumz:
Peter Obi for a better Nigeria.

I don't understand how someone with his/right senses will listen to Peter Obi talk and not want to give him a chance at the presidency.

Obi is smart, his running mart is smart.
They have good intentions for Nigeria.

#VotePeterObi
Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by ogatboy(m): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2022
So who is he about to sell?? PDP?? Many people will run out of Nigeria if and when Obi wins. Not because he will come after them but because 'the wicked runs when no one pursueth'

2 Likes

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Alpharey: 7:33am On Jul 13, 2022
When I see Senior Advocate Of Nigeria, I felt like 'unreading' this trash. They are toothless bulldogs overran by our evil government. Oga park well let's see relevant people. Obi is a Tsunami that is coming to sweep off all these old cargoes for the youths to take over their country for a better governance.
Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by okenwaa(m): 7:37am On Jul 13, 2022
fiizznation:

Like this now, you've made sense? Olodo
Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by Smoke55: 7:37am On Jul 13, 2022
These are the set of people that we have in this country..

These are the people we refer to as otelectuals,they will be speaking big Grammer thinking that they are making sense not knowing that they are actually yapping gibberish..

They have left the ruling party that put us in this mess and have started attacking an opposition party planning to Savage the falling state..

Spit!
Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by fof1: 7:38am On Jul 13, 2022
naptu2:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid021PNCNCMUsXtG2PSxtJF9EbtkVicB7YvT6qJMnFpV8koPeEf354Qz5TCkRxWBy8nXl&id=1340173454&m_entstream_source=timeline

MY HONOURABLE SAN...PLS UR THOUGHTS ARE REASONS OF A CONFUSED EARLY MORNING READER...PLS RETHINK UR ASSUMPTIONS. I completely disagree INTOTO with ur Positions above.

1 Like

Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by jaxxy(m): 7:39am On Jul 13, 2022
So a ticket with sound technocrats and competent wel serving politicians is futility?

This man should tell his better idea of the way forward or keep quiet.
Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by omolayomi06: 7:40am On Jul 13, 2022
Re: Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Futility Of Obi/Baba-Ahmed Ticket by naptu2: 7:44am On Jul 13, 2022
Dsalvo:

Typical empty arrogance. Simple question you have to respond with hubris. Why can't you simply state who you are supporting to emerge President?

Absolute nonsense!

You insulted me and arrogantly asked me a question and you think that I will answer? It's obvious that you are not serious. I don't have to answer your silly question. I have answered that question elsewhere on Nairaland, but I am not going to give you an answer.

I don't know you, I don't owe you an answer, but you are free to waste your time by continuing to try. I have much better things to do and I won't read any more posts from you.

Good bye. grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Arrest 125 Pro-biafra Protesters In Delta / Governors Who Visited Buhari Depart London For Nigeria(photos) / Dogara Names Chairmen Of House Committees, APC Gets 48, PDP 45

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.