Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla - Autos (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla (51792 Views)

Car loan directories,you can acquire a loan to purchase a car of your dream / I Want To Purchase A Mercedes-benz C300 Please Advice on pros and cons / How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by poiZon: 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2022
Africanpride123:
I have a Toyota Camry 2008. Its extremely neat. The inside is like a tear rubber... No story. Used for a year, all papers in tact, even comprehensive Insurance.
Ac is harmattan. Cream colour

I also have 2009 Corolla, its as neat as tear rubber. Metalic color. Spare tyre has never been used. Ac is freezer.
ANY SERIOUS BUYER SHOULD CONTACT ME.
U for don dey do iceblock business with the car na since AC be like freezer..

Abi u no like money?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Imindmywords(m): 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2022
Stallionhorse:
This one will end up being scammed..
You have characteristics of a mumu man

LOUDER!!!!
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by computerglobal(m): 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2022
It's important to do your due diligence before buying a car, which includes checking for mechanical problems, accident history and assessing the vehicle's overall condition.

With Computerglobal vehicle history report, you’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by debayun(m): 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Good morning all. I believe you all are doing great.
I want to share my experience leaving Port Harcourt for Lagos to buy a Toyota Corolla.

I embarked on this journey on Sunday 10th July.
I came to Lagos to purchase the car because of these three conditions;
1. I thought it will cheaper in Lagos than Port Harcourt.
2. I believed in Lagos I will see much of it and would have a choice.
3. I believed in Lagos I will get the best with everything intact.

Before coming to Lagos I had my preferred model in mind. That's 2005 LE model.

No offense sir, what you did is the most foolish thing you could have done. You could have done all these online before lifting a muscle. the kind of car you need is available in lots of quantities and also in your specification. thank yours stars you've not bought anything cos u would have been scammed.

Now to solution:

1. Go to , check.ng, cars45.com all these places have all you need.
2. Find an agent not a dealer tell him to find u a car in your budget but make sure you cut your budget by 40%. For example, if you can splash 3,400,000.00 on a car tell the agent that you have 2.5m-3.2m for a clean toks Toyota corolla. You will get cars and lots of them that are more than your spec. The agent will likely bring cars that are around your original budget.
3. You've done step 3 by coming to Nairaland.

Good luck.

11 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by mejai(m): 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2022
grin grin grin
See as guy man hold money like sugar, every ant don Dey put head dey follow am.

OP, if I were u, forget that car unless na resale value u Dey eye. Go and buy Volvo S40 (2008 up). Na loaded car. Find ValarinzAutos here and ask him. Bye.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by BestTrades: 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2022
Luckysbab:

Try Autocheck

AbelAbdul:
Here is the VIN. Thanks and God bless.

JTDBR32E470123917

Expecting a feedback from you soon.

To check vin of any car

For Free Vehicle History Report

https://verifyithq.com/free-vehicle-history-report/

For comprehensive vehicle history report

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by davillian(m): 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
common sense is not also common for u to reason that every Nigerian has a relactive in Lagos
And he has been sleeping in hotels and eating junk food
You need sense also
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by davillian(m): 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2022
foolbuster:

This is funny because you actually sound like the one without common sense.
No worry he go soon come here come cry....
Mind you mechanic is following him around
I just de laugh.....

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by seanwilliam(m): 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2022
yesloaded:

Is it for private use or for taxi?

If it's for private use, corolla will tire you within few weeks to months except you've never driven any better car before(I meant no harm/insult)

Corolla is a very boring car, not as if other make consumes fuel that much infact some honda civic consumes lesser fuel compared to Toyota (although I don't like the way it's built)

Above all, don't be too desperate infcat it will be better for you to return to port harcourt with your pocket intact than getting scammed
grin grin the bolded is so funny to me lol.

Anyway @abelabdul, left to me, so far the price difference is not up to 500k, I can never come down to Lagos from port harcourt to buy a car.. consider the stress , the transport , hotels, and high risk of getting scammed . Lagos no be like port harcourt o..

By the way , naira is useless., i priced this same car last year June in Ibadan at 2.1m toks .. now it’s almost 3.5m

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by LordErrk: 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2022
Stallionhorse:

As in ehn...I just dey read this story dey shake my head. Does he mean to tell me that he couldn't get a contact to help him find out the prices of cars before coming to lagos? Op dey reason like toddler
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Mariangeles(f): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2022
davillian:

And he has been sleeping in hotels and eating junk food
You need sense also

Nairalanders are so damn evil! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by holywind(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mrsoft3:
You only mentioned two three places, you only mention meeting one person. For someone who is coming all the way from pH and is a nairalander I expected you to be wise and smart at the same time.

There are many car dealers on this section,you could contact one of them even before you set out on your journey. Lagos feed on johnny just come,they know and they will increase the price for you. The car you are talking about there are people who will sell cheaper than even your budget but you didn't bother to go to those places. Someone said you have the characteristics of being scammed which I actually believe,you don't go and joke with such amount of money.
can I see a bus dealer or dealers here?
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Lovelyboi2022: 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2022
I have personal used Toyota Corolla and it's very clean, I will sell it for you 3m last
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Tomamajojo(f): 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2022
You are so right in increase in amount to clearing cars now is so fraustrating.

One of my dealer friend was complaining bitterly about it, and the increasment took effect without letting the dealers know forthhand..

quote author=AbelAbdul post=114684339]The more I delay the higher the price of the car due to foreign exchange. As at February 2022, a clean tokunbo was worth between 2.3 and 2.5m. Now you can't find that same grade for 3m.

Modified: to clear the car few months ago was about 400 to 600k.
Now clearance cost 1.2m.

I have asked everywhere the same think. [/quote]
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by gurujoe(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2022
Permission on this thread
I have been looking for this fiat Ducati 2.0 direct tokunbo for the past six months to buy for my business. If you are car dealer and you have it or where to get it you quote me

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by LordErrk: 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
common sense is not also common for u to reason that every Nigerian has a relactive in Lagos

Oga, you don't need a relative. Getting contacts I'm lagos isn't that difficult, especially in this age of Internet. I've done things like this before a lot of times. Just accept that you didn't plan thus your trip very well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Ofemmanu1: 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
1. I don't want to leave Lagos without getting a car.
2. I need Corolla

SMH
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by femicyrus(m): 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2022
Loool
You remind me of my futile adventure many years back from Ibadan to Lagos to buy a car.
I was shocked to discover that cars are more expensive in Lagos than at Ibadan.
It is still difficult for me till now to understand why because Lagos has the port Ibadan cars are cleared from

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by fieldbus: 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I am told it takes less than 24hrs to register the car and get a plate number.
I intend driving it to ph without registering it

You have to be careful.most Apapa cars are from cotonou without genue papaers.Customs dey Ijebu Ode,if you excape that one Ore own dey wait for you but one thing i can assure you is you cannot escape those benin customs,those guys bad and if your papers are not okay you are in trouble.Mbiama own too day road o.so my advice is you go back and buy your car in peace in ph

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Ofemmanu1: 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2022
Stallionhorse:

The Op mumu die.

Many have eyes but they can't see.

Who buys a 2005 Corolla CE for 3.8m in 2022?

Make God no allow make Dem Kee this mumu man.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by davillian(m): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

Nairalanders are so damn evil! grin
Na true na
My friend who knows I stay in Lagos needed a car
He called me gave me his budget , preferred car colour and year
I searched compared prices , took pictures made videos
Sent him he picked his choice came to Lagos paid for the car slept at my place and drove it to Abuja himself...
That's how simple people with common sense make thier life easy...
Now he wants a cheaper car and he would end up spending more and buying rubbish.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by skywalker240(m): 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Good morning all. I believe you all are doing great.
I want to share my experience leaving Port Harcourt for Lagos to buy a Toyota Corolla.

I embarked on this journey on Sunday 10th July.
I came to Lagos to purchase the car because of these three conditions;
1. I thought it will cheaper in Lagos than Port Harcourt.
2. I believed in Lagos I will see much of it and would have a choice.
3. I believed in Lagos I will get the best with everything intact.

Before coming to Lagos I had my preferred model in mind. That's 2005 LE model.
You should have just bought a car at Port Harcourt instead of giving yourself such stress

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Ofemmanu1: 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
femicyrus:
Loool
You remind me of my futile adventure many years back from Ibadan to Lagos to buy a car.
I was shocked to discover that cars are more expensive in Lagos than at Ibadan.
It is still difficult for me till now to understand why because Lagos has the port Ibadan cars are cleared from

You'll never know.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by LordErrk: 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:

At this point you suppose no tell anybody for this your life again say dem no get sense grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Austinor4: 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2022
Try alaba you might find one
Although most of the car they bring are right hand drive cars when you buy you convert it to left hand drive which is more suitable for Nigerian
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by computerglobal(m): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
1. I don't want to leave Lagos without getting a car.

Contact us on Whats-app now 08060365068 for Instant Vehicle History Report & Custom Duty verification

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Ofemmanu1: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2022
LordErrk:

As in ehn...I just dey read this story dey shake my head. Does he mean to tell me that he couldn't get a contact to help him find out the prices of cars before coming to lagos? Op dey reason like toddler

You no sabi those pipuu?!

Theyll never trust anybody with a dime.

And where factory baby wan get people?!

Dem op type plenty for SE and SS.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Ofemmanu1: 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2022
feelme3:
Bros, slow down. Take your expenses so far and go home. When your are relaxed you can resume your search again. Cars plenty but na so sharp guys plenty. N3M no be here oo.

Them go scam am las las

Maybe na ransom money e wan use.
That cash is not a hard earned cash.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by femicyrus(m): 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2022
Ofemmanu1:

You'll never know.
Like seriously
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Mariangeles(f): 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2022
davillian:

Na true na
My friend who knows I stay in Lagos needed a car
He called me gave me his budget , preferred car colour and year
I searched compared prices , took pictures made videos
Sent him he picked his choice came to Lagos paid for the car slept at my place and drove it to Abuja himself...
That's how simple people with common sense make thier life easy...
Now he wants a cheaper car and he would end up spending more and buying rubbish.....

It's either he doesn't have such a connection, or he has trust issues (Which I wouldn't blame him).

E even shock me say baba no carry convoy come Lagos. cheesy
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by YeyeGbami: 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2022
Itsrm:

He will not see. Any one at this price is at that price for a reason.

Haba kilode! Even if na used he will get nice one
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by DavidHume(m): 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
How can I navigate to Seme border? I'm in Apapa

Some of you guyz wld just carry yourself to scammers. Two things are bound if you follow this option.

1. You wld go to Cotonou and hear you car was seezed by the custom

2. Or you wld buy a car and custom go collect am for your hand before you enter pH because na fake custom paper dem go do for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Suspected Stolen Range Rover(photo) / Mustapha Gajibo Builds 100% Electric Car (Photos) / 2016 HONDA CIVIC LX***Time Left:6days 0hours 10mins**UPDATED DAILY

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.