Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,905 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla - Autos (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla (51911 Views)

Car loan directories,you can acquire a loan to purchase a car of your dream / I Want To Purchase A Mercedes-benz C300 Please Advice on pros and cons / How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by seanwilliam(m): 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
gaby:

Go pick up this Tokunboh Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor 2006 with moon roof and enjoy yourself for #3M giveaway.

The car is at a dealer's. Dem don add their own money join the price tire dem no wan sell am.

Upgrade yourself properly with this machine. It is good on gas too.

If you park this car beside Corolla you go thank God say I enter this your thread. Even If you wish to Uber with it, you are good to go

Cheers..

I don’t know much about cars but judging by interior and exterior and all round build quality , this car kill Corolla 2005

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by LordErrk: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
Ofemmanu1:

You no sabi those pipuu?!

Theyll never trust anybody with a dime.

And where factory baby wan get people?!

Dem op type plenty for SE and SS.

Alright, for a minute there I thought you were okay. Please don't ever come in my mention with any type of tribalistic comment. We just here talking about how someone made a mistake and you had to bring this up?
People like you sicken me to the bones

11 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Ofemmanu1: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
How can I navigate to Seme border? I'm in Apapa

Haaa.

Egungun wan enter Express...

This mumu too much na?!!
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Whobedatte(m): 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
BestTrades:

To check vin of any car

For Free Vehicle History Report

https://verifyithq.com/free-vehicle-history-report/

For comprehensive vehicle history report

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by ford101: 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
Sambai65:
car is even cheaper at Abuja than Lagos,if not for security issue kaduna would have better
kano not kaduna.i bought mine at kano August last yrs 2.550m
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by RaptObserver: 12:40pm On Jul 13, 2022
ZeroChil:
You are good to go. Check that the mileage (Odometer) corresponds or closely corresponds with info provided below. Check for oil leaks underneath the car. If "check engine" light is static (on), run a simple OBDII scan. If you get the message "Catalyst converter below threshold" either bank 1, bank 2 or 3, you have yourself a vehicle with removed catalist converter what the local mechanics call "indomie". Lastly verify that the first body and paint is still intact. If I'll buy a 2007 Corolla for over 3M, I'll pay attention to these details. Good luck.

You did a good job sir. So he should buy this?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Ofemmanu1: 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2022
LordErrk:

Alright, for a minute there I thought you were okay. Please don't ever come in my mention with any type of tribalistic comment. We just here talking about how someone made a mistake and you had to bring this up?
People like you sicken me to the bones
Your father!
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Ejiyke24(m): 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2022
dejavubobo1:

What u call toks are accident refurbished cars. So why not do the refurbishment urself to ur taste. & enjoy peace of mind
Yes you said the truth,i witnessed it at Ibadan

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by ford101: 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2022
joinnow:
since you are in Lagos enter cotonour seme border. If you need genuine person that will get you grade 1 at affordable price let me know. You only need your transport money say 5k enter fifa 1 to fifa9 you go see motor taya. Make your choice. Make payment in 4 days your car go dey pH. And it will be grade 1 and your choice car and lower in price compare to Lagos.everything legit. Your car go turn girls Head
rubbish talk.corolla is still corolla stop talking like a scammer. Corolla turn girls head just listen to ur self.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by seanwilliam(m): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2022
Iykolysis:

Please give me your number, i need a genuine link on how to get Cotonou car, i want a truthful dealer. Clean toks, 2008 Camry Spider, 4 plugs, leather interior.
if you successfully pull this deal through , pls let me know how you do it or who help you . Interested in lexus 09/10 or Corolla 2014.. thanks
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Phaantom22: 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2022
Why you no enter cotonou ? You could save 1m
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Mariangeles(f): 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2022
poiZon:

U for don dey do iceblock business with the car na since AC be like freezer..

Abi u no like money?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

Person no fit just whine una small again? Na wah o! grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by davillian(m): 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

It's either he doesn't have such a connection, or he has trust issues (Which I wouldn't blame him).

E even shock me say baba no carry convoy come Lagos. cheesy
I'm too smart
And nobody must chop from my hard earned money kind of people...
I have lots of them and I make them learn the hard way by loosing that hard earned money or buying rubbish....
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by bomasek(m): 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2022
joinnow:
since you are in Lagos enter cotonour seme border. If you need genuine person that will get you grade 1 at affordable price let me know. You only need your transport money say 5k enter fifa 1 to fifa9 you go see motor taya. Make your choice. Make payment in 4 days your car go dey pH. And it will be grade 1 and your choice car and lower in price compare to Lagos.everything legit. Your car go turn girls Head
Don't mind this person,your car will be seized on the highway before it gets to pH

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by bomasek(m): 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Cars in Seme don't have Customs papers,don't listen to him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Centmelody: 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2022
[quote author=AbelAbdul post=114682670]Good morning all. I believe you all are doing great.
I want to share my experience leaving Port Harcourt for Lagos to buy a Toyota Corolla.

I embarked on this journey on Sunday 10th July.
I came to Lagos to purchase the car because of these three conditions;
1. I thought it will cheaper in Lagos than Port Harcourt.
2. I believed in Lagos I will see much of it and would have a choice.
3. I believed in Lagos I will get the best with everything intact.

Before coming to Lagos I had my preferred model in mind. Call dis line 07045610561 if u still dey lagos let me contact a dealer 4 u Am sure he will have something for u. Or better still call him urself. RAMBOAUTOZ 08063508441
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Chimatesky64: 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

If Toyota Corolla were a phone, what brand would it be?
itel

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Skyfornia(m): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Good morning all. I believe you all are doing great.
I want to share my experience leaving Port Harcourt for Lagos to buy a Toyota Corolla.

I embarked on this journey on Sunday 10th July.
I came to Lagos to purchase the car because of these three conditions;
1. I thought it will cheaper in Lagos than Port Harcourt.
2. I believed in Lagos I will see much of it and would have a choice.
3. I believed in Lagos I will get the best with everything intact.

Before coming to Lagos I had my preferred model in mind. That's 2005 LE model.

You made a mistake coming down from portharcourt to Lagos.. but since you are here, I will advise you to calm down to avoid buying something you will regret, I bought my car last month and it took me two months of searching before I got my choice car. There's one nairalander in portharcourt that sells good and affordable cars.. there are cheap hotel I can recommend for you in Lagos to stay, so you won't be in a hurry. I can also refer you to the mechanic that helped me, dude is a trustworthy guy.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Mariangeles(f): 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
davillian:

I'm too smart
And nobody must chop from my hard earned money kind of people...
I have lots of them and I make them learn the hard way by loosing that hard earned money or buying rubbish....

Na op type oso ahia people dey take chop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by yesloaded: 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
Sunday2021:
Pls I want to buy Camry 2009 from auction export. Pls can someone help me with the advantage and disadvantage of such transaction?

Use copart or iaai instead
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Pootle: 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:

bro use ur head o

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by LUAN(m): 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2022
ZeroChil:
You are good to go. Check that the mileage (Odometer) corresponds or closely corresponds with info provided below. Check for oil leaks underneath the car. If "check engine" light is static (on), run a simple OBDII scan. If you get the message "Catalyst converter below threshold" either bank 1, bank 2 or 3, you have yourself a vehicle with removed catalist converter what the local mechanics call "indomie". Lastly verify that the first body and paint is still intact. If I'll buy a 2007 Corolla for over 3M, I'll pay attention to these details. Good luck.
how did you do This
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Osanoghodua1: 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2022
Hello l Op, why did you wanted 2005 Corolla? That's what I currently use, I bought it from USA. spent Total of about #2.82m to reach Benin City. Engine is over sound, body need spraying, but have been using it like that.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Meckinsonworld: 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2022
Just tend with care ok
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by seanwilliam(m): 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

If Toyota Corolla were a phone, what brand would it be?
tecno

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by MaestroID(m): 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mrsoft3:
You only mentioned two three places, you only mention meeting one person. For someone who is coming all the way from pH and is a nairalander I expected you to be wise and smart at the same time.

There are many car dealers on this section,you could contact one of them even before you set out on your journey. Lagos feed on johnny just come,they know and they will increase the price for you. The car you are talking about there are people who will sell cheaper than even your budget but you didn't bother to go to those places. Someone said you have the characteristics of being scammed which I actually believe,you don't go and joke with such amount of money.

You are a wise man for this comment above. We many wey be car dealers and if you be real NL guy before leaving PH. You for ask for directions and advise. Try and take your time no rush do things.

I have gone through your post and I can see or observe that you are trying to play smart or wise on your own which is not gonna be possible. But I wish you the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Skyfornia(m): 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2022
femicyrus:
Loool
You remind me of my futile adventure many years back from Ibadan to Lagos to buy a car.
I was shocked to discover that cars are more expensive in Lagos than at Ibadan.
It is still difficult for me till now to understand why because Lagos has the port Ibadan cars are cleared from

You are right, I lived in Lagos but I bought my car last month from Ibadan..

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Mariangeles(f): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2022
seanwilliam:
tecno

Tecno is not overpriced in my opinion.

Maybe Nokia?
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Thanks brother
You're just telling everyone ”thanks” without listening. It’s just unfortunate that this your gragra will finally clear when it’s already too late. You don’t rush in buying a car, let alone in an area you know nobody & of all places, Lagos state. I’ll still join others in advising you to go back home with your money and replan your movement.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Sanchez01: 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I started my first search in Ajah. I moved from Ajah to Lekki. I barely saw Corolla cars. Most cars I saw were SUVs.

I then moved to Ikorodu. I couldn't see and Tokunbo Corolla.

Finally moved to Apapa

For those saying I should go back and wait or replan, please know that as the day goes buy prices of cars are going up.
I started planning to buy this car in January. Then my budget was 2m and the car was at 2.3 and 2.5m.

July the car is hitting 3.8m.

So I can't keep waiting. Dollar is going up everyday.
This is so true. It's a big issue here in the US as well. Used cars are terribly expensive. I spent over two weeks reading, studying and calling dealerships in order to buy around $8,000. I ended up buying one for $22,000. Used cars, mostly sedans are terribly expensive. According to information available, their prices won't fall until next year. To be honest, it is not exactly a good period to buy a car, particularly used one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by ford101: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
gaby:

Go pick up this Tokunboh Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor 2006 with moon roof and enjoy yourself for #3M giveaway.

The car is at a dealer's. Dem don add their own money join the price tire dem no wan sell am.real definition of a scammer.who does Bolt and uber with benz

Upgrade yourself properly with this machine. It is good on gas too.

If you park this car beside Corolla you go thank God say I enter this your thread. Even If you wish to Uber with it, you are good to go

Cheers..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

2016 HONDA CIVIC LX***Time Left:6days 0hours 10mins**UPDATED DAILY / Cheaper Cars For Nigerians As Dollar Crashes To N1000 To Naira / Clearing&forwarding Agent.customs Area Controller (bsb)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.