Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla (51696 Views)

Car loan directories,you can acquire a loan to purchase a car of your dream / I Want To Purchase A Mercedes-benz C300 Please Advice on pros and cons / How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 7:21am On Jul 13, 2022
Good morning all. I believe you all are doing great.
I want to share my experience leaving Port Harcourt for Lagos to buy a Toyota Corolla.

I embarked on this journey on Sunday 10th July.
I came to Lagos to purchase the car because of these three conditions;
1. I thought it will cheaper in Lagos than Port Harcourt.
2. I believed in Lagos I will see much of it and would have a choice.
3. I believed in Lagos I will get the best with everything intact.

Before coming to Lagos I had my preferred model in mind. That's 2005 LE model.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by mike8804: 7:23am On Jul 13, 2022
Ok

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 7:23am On Jul 13, 2022
I started my first search in Ajah. I moved from Ajah to Lekki. I barely saw Corolla cars. Most cars I saw were SUVs.

I then moved to Ikorodu. I couldn't see and Tokunbo Corolla.

Finally moved to Apapa

For those saying I should go back and wait or replan, please know that as the day goes buy prices of cars are going up.
I started planning to buy this car in January. Then my budget was 2m and the car was at 2.3 and 2.5m.

July the car is hitting 3.8m.

So I can't keep waiting. Dollar is going up everyday.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 7:26am On Jul 13, 2022
Getting to Apapa, I was taken to their warehouse.
I saw so many Toyota Corolla cars of different colors. The 2005 model were few. Much of them were 06 and 07.

The 05 that entered my eyes was very expensive(3.8m)

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 7:32am On Jul 13, 2022
I couldn't find a very clean 05 Corolla for 3.4m.
Even other models are sold from 3.5m.
Modified:
Getting a car at apapa warehouse is like getting a house. U pass through agents.

Once you enter the warehouse some random guys will flock over you asking you want kind of car u want. They will perch on u like a bird.

I was told each agent gets 100k commission for every car he sells or bring someone to buy.

They hardly allow you have access to the real car dealers.

Very terrible. Something I don't see in PH

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by shawante(m): 7:35am On Jul 13, 2022
What's your budget?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 7:37am On Jul 13, 2022
Finally a guy I met on jiji came and took me to a dealer who has agreed to give me this 07 Corolla for 3.2m. The car is averagely clean inside and very clean outside.

Inspected the car it's ok except for the battery which cannot start the vehicle and other minor interior things like the pigeonhole cover which has broken. Another battery was used to start it.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 7:37am On Jul 13, 2022
shawante:
What's your budget?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by ojun50(m): 7:39am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Finally a guy I met on jiji came and took me to a dealer who has agreed to give me this 07 Corolla for 3.2m. The car is averagely clean inside and very clean outside.

Inspected the car it's ok except for the battery which cannot start the vehicle and other minor interior things like the pigeonhole cover which has broken. Another battery was used to start it.
Are you going with this one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 7:40am On Jul 13, 2022
I'm already fade up and have spent so much in hotels and tired of junks food I ate here.

I'm about setting for a car which isn't my preferred choice and also buying a car in Lagos with Port Harcourt price.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by David1017(m): 7:40am On Jul 13, 2022
I have a Toyota camry(spider) . In good condition. Interior is neat. Exterior is fairly good. Red in colour and in Benin City.
We can talk on WhatsApp if you are interested

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 7:40am On Jul 13, 2022
ojun50:

That's What my money can buy
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 7:41am On Jul 13, 2022
David1017:
I have a Toyota camry(spider) . In good condition. Interior is neat. Exterior is fairly good. Red in colour and in Benin City.
We can talk on WhatsApp if you are interested
1. I don't want to leave Lagos without getting a car.
2. I need Corolla

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Lanretoye(m): 7:42am On Jul 13, 2022
Kwantinu

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 7:42am On Jul 13, 2022
ojun50:

my preferred choice cost 3.8m and I don't have such.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by ojun50(m): 7:42am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
That's What my money can buy
Ok enjoy ride
Congratulations and make sure all papers are complete because police oh

46 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Stallionhorse: 7:43am On Jul 13, 2022
This one will end up being scammed..
You have characteristics of a mumu man

236 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 7:44am On Jul 13, 2022
Lanretoye:
Kwantinu
I am told it takes less than 24hrs to register the car and get a plate number.
I intend driving it to ph without registering it

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 7:44am On Jul 13, 2022
Stallionhorse:
This one will end up being scammed..
You have characteristics of a mumu man
How?

8 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by David1017(m): 7:45am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
1. I don't want to leave Lagos without getting a car.
2. I need Corolla

Okay

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 7:45am On Jul 13, 2022
ojun50:

Ok enjoy ride
Congratulations and make sure all papers are complete because police oh
Sure. I will. Thanks

10 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by David1017(m): 7:45am On Jul 13, 2022
Get something Good

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by revcompaty(m): 7:47am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:

Just be careful cos Jiji is another hub for scammers if due deligence is not applied. Wish you all the best.

90 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by YeyeGbami: 8:01am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I am told it takes less than 24hrs to register the car and get a plate number.
I intend driving it to ph without registering it

You can still look around, and don’t rush in buying any of the cars. They are more corollas out there just take your time. For 3M you should be able to drive home with a clean vehicle

One of the papers can’t be ready today.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by YeyeGbami: 8:03am On Jul 13, 2022
revcompaty:

Just be careful cos Jiji is another hub for scammers if due deligence is not applied. Wish you all the best.

This is a fact.

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by ruggedtimi(m): 8:06am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Good morning all. I believe you all are doing great.
I want to share my experience leaving Port Harcourt for Lagos to buy a Toyota Corolla.

I embarked on this journey on Sunday 10th July.
I came to Lagos to purchase the car because of these three conditions;
1. I thought it will cheaper in Lagos than Port Harcourt.
2. I believed in Lagos I will see much of it and would have a choice.
3. I believed in Lagos I will get the best with everything intact.

Before coming to Lagos I had my preferred model in mind. That's 2005 LE model.
all the money you spent on hotel, food and transport. You for jeje add am up buy a clean one in pH

293 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Mrsoft3(m): 8:09am On Jul 13, 2022
You only mentioned two three places, you only mention meeting one person. For someone who is coming all the way from pH and is a nairalander I expected you to be wise and smart at the same time.

There are many car dealers on this section,you could contact one of them even before you set out on your journey. Lagos feed on johnny just come,they know and they will increase the price for you. The car you are talking about there are people who will sell cheaper than even your budget but you didn't bother to go to those places. Someone said you have the characteristics of being scammed which I actually believe,you don't go and joke with such amount of money.

353 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 8:12am On Jul 13, 2022
ruggedtimi:
all the money you spent on hotel, food and transport. You for jeje add am up buy a clean one in pH
Truth.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2022
revcompaty:

Thanks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 8:14am On Jul 13, 2022
YeyeGbami:

You can still look around, and don’t rush in buying any of the cars. They are more corollas out there just take your time. For 3M you should be able to drive home with a clean vehicle

One of the papers can’t be ready today.
Thanks

8 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:19am On Jul 13, 2022
You for just stay port buy your corolla ..its it worth it going to lagos to buy cars...the price different no go pass 100k for port price...factor cost of hotel you paid in lagos..transport...fuelling the car when you buy it to port....paying police on road.bros abeg e no worth am.Me I can never leave my location to buy car in Lagos.Its not worth it at all.cars are not cheap in Lag too.

168 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2022
Mrsoft3:
You only mentioned two three places, you only mention meeting one person. For someone who is coming all the way from pH and is a nairalander I expected you to be wise and smart at the same time.

There are many car dealers on this section,you could contact one of them even before you set out on your journey. Lagos feed on johnny just come,they know and they will increase the price for you. The car you are talking about there are people who will sell cheaper than even your budget but you didn't bother to go to those places. Someone said you have the characteristics of being scammed which I actually believe,you don't go and joke with such amount of money.
Check my previous thread. Before I embarked on the journey I have contacted a dealer on this forum. His price and spec of car didn't match my budget.
I mentioned someone I met on jiji doesn't mean I visited only one person or car stand. I have gone around many car stands. Prices the same according to them they say the increment is due to the new custom duties.

And yes I only visited Ajah, Ikorodu and Apapa. Lagos is not like other places where you can move freely and easily. In Lagos to move from point a to point c may take you more than 3 hours.

I don't have all the time to stay in Lagos.
I have work to do in PH. I didn't even plan staying this long in Lagos.

49 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Amazing Images Of Abandoned Car Dealership And Cars Around The World / Suspected Stolen Range Rover(photo) / Mustapha Gajibo Builds 100% Electric Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.