Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,069 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla (51711 Views)

Car loan directories,you can acquire a loan to purchase a car of your dream / I Want To Purchase A Mercedes-benz C300 Please Advice on pros and cons / How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by AbelAbdul: 10:16am On Jul 13, 2022
dejavubobo1:

What u call toks are accident refurbished cars. So why not do the refurbishment urself to ur taste. & enjoy peace of mind
Not all toks are accidental

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:33am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
That's What my money can buy

Accept your losses and go back to PH, you can buy your car there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by NEUDUDE: 10:33am On Jul 13, 2022
Wawu bought mine last year october Tokunbo 04 clean inside & outside 2.5 and was complaining lol

Hasnt given any issues asides changing minor things

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Jalaw: 10:34am On Jul 13, 2022
Stallionhorse:
This one will end up being scammed..
You have characteristics of a mumu man

Why you abuse the guy na?
Wetin him do you?
Or you're just frustrated in life

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:36am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Truth.

The risk of driving an ‘untested’ and unregistered car from Lagos to PH is my fear for you. Go buy motor for PH rest your case. Best wishes with whatever you decide on

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Mariangeles(f): 10:37am On Jul 13, 2022
feelme3:
Bros, slow down. Take your expenses so far and go home. When your are relaxed you can resume your search again. Cars plenty but na so sharp guys plenty. N3M no be here oo.

I agree with this.
Op, cool down o, to avoid touching stories.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by NEUDUDE: 10:38am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:

True not all toks are accidental. Mine was dumped in a garage with years of no use. The dealer showed me pics and videos of it when it came in
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by eteebanky1: 10:38am On Jul 13, 2022
Thread with caution op, 50% of commenters here are scammers......shine your eyes, na Lagos you just enter like that

21 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Mariangeles(f): 10:39am On Jul 13, 2022
Stallionhorse:
This one will end up being scammed..
You have characteristics of a mumu man

In Nigeria, trust equals mumu. Na wah!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by NEUDUDE: 10:40am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:

I could give my dealers contact. You can reach him. Hes based in ibadan though. I dont know if he has any on ground but you can find out
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by BENCHOKCONSULT: 10:41am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Good morning all. I believe you all are doing great.
I want to share my experience leaving Port Harcourt for Lagos to buy a Toyota Corolla.

I embarked on this journey on Sunday 10th July.
I came to Lagos to purchase the car because of these three conditions;
1. I thought it will cheaper in Lagos than Port Harcourt.
2. I believed in Lagos I will see much of it and would have a choice.
3. I believed in Lagos I will get the best with everything intact.

Before coming to Lagos I had my preferred model in mind. That's 2005 LE model.

Bro. I be PH boy but currently based in Lagos, you for inform me na, I for buy the car then carry am come tomorrow as I will be on my way to PH tomorrow morning. I did same for a friend few days ago, he's a PH bred too. I just pray it doesn't end in premium tears for you in Lagos.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by yesloaded: 10:42am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I want to share my experience leaving Port Harcourt for Lagos to buy a Toyota Corolla.

Is it for private use or for taxi?

If it's for private use, corolla will tire you within few weeks to months except you've never driven any better car before(I meant no harm/insult)

Corolla is a very boring car, not as if other make consumes fuel that much infact some honda civic consumes lesser fuel compared to Toyota (although I don't like the way it's built)

Above all, don't be too desperate infcat it will be better for you to return to port harcourt with your pocket intact than getting scammed

12 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Gaddafi1: 10:45am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:

• Contact Calculusx on Tel: 0809-638-5068

Guy, I stay in PHC too and will advise that Calculusx is the only person you can trust on Nairaland. Please check his profile, pay what you have and get a good car from him. Thank me later

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by yesloaded: 10:45am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
How can I navigate to Seme border? I'm in Apapa

Don't try it

It will end in premium tears

Go back to PH, buy you r car in PH

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by jossytech(m): 10:45am On Jul 13, 2022
Come to Osogbo we hv good 05 within your budget

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by ogmask: 10:46am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I couldn't find a very clean 05 Corolla for 3.4m.
Even other models are sold from 3.5m.

I just sold a very clean 08 for 3,5m here in phc. you can come to my car stand to see it before the buyers takes it away this weekend.
We have very good cars here too..... tahstsd the point i want to make.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by newmoney133: 10:48am On Jul 13, 2022
Oga go back to Port.Forget the expenses in Lagos.Do you know how much you will spend to get the car to PH.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by artworks1: 10:49am On Jul 13, 2022
Sambai65:
car is even cheaper at Abuja than Lagos,if not for security issue kaduna would have better

I would rather go to Abuja to buy than Lagos. Nigerian used there will most likely look like foreign used.
Again, most people there do give away.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by justmondris: 10:51am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I'm already fade up and have spent so much in hotels and tired of junks food I ate here.

I'm about setting for a car which isn't my preferred choice and also buying a car in Lagos with Port Harcourt price.

Since you reside in PH and the prices are the same, it’s better you go back to PH and buy from there. You will also spend a lot of money to settle police men on the road when driving the car to PH.

Secondly, if there are any issues with the car, it’s easier for you to contact and meet with the buyer in PH than driving back to Lagos.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by ogmask: 10:52am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
my preferred choice cost 3.8m and I don't have such.

Am a car dealer, i import directly from the US and Canada but have never sold a corrola (03 to 08) for more than 3.5m no matter how clean it it.
I need to top something on my price i swear.
The other day a dealer friend told me i was spoiling the biz that the least he sold an 09 to 013 was 5m. he took one of my 012 and gave me what i asked for but refused to tell me how much he sold it to the buyer.
OP thanks for this info.....

10 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by ufotty2001: 10:52am On Jul 13, 2022
The way am seeing you. U will soon get scammed..! Scamming does not mean that they will collect your money without giving you the car.

13 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by ZeroChil: 10:53am On Jul 13, 2022
First things first, get the VIN and revert back let me run a free VIN check for you. Avoid buying a savage(d) car. Do not, I repeat, do not buy any car without knowing the vehicle history. I don't know the craze about this particular model of corolla. I also do not know the reason for the over bloated prices but what I do know is, when the price falls below the average market price, then the car is most definitely from a savage auction.

11 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by sethzy4u(m): 10:55am On Jul 13, 2022
If you don't mind I could get you tokunbo standard here in Minna below 3m
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by aujile(m): 10:56am On Jul 13, 2022
Itsrm:
As for the OP, why must it be a corolla? Why not a matrix? The two of them are essentially the same asides the difference in design. Your chances are higher with the Matrix
But that is his choice. There are some little thing you may not mind that another person do mind...choices

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by ogmask: 10:56am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I couldn't find a very clean 05 Corolla for 3.4m.
Even other models are sold from 3.5m.

Yea, this is becos you went on a pleasure trip and not business. There are clean and cheap cars in PHC, far cheaper that the prices u wrote here.
Just be careful sha.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Sunday2021: 10:57am On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
my preferred choice cost 3.8m and I don't have such.
go back and replan. Don't buy what you don't like. It is like marrying a woman just because your fiancee disappointed you.

14 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by holubee21(m): 10:57am On Jul 13, 2022
Does it mean no dealer sells cars in the whole of PH for u risking your life to come to Lagos? What if u enter bandit or kidnapper hand for naija wey no dey save travel so. Bros u get mind oo I swear

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by holubee21(m): 11:02am On Jul 13, 2022
justmondris:

Since you reside in PH and the prices are the same, it’s better you go back to PH and buy from there. You will also spend a lot of money to settle police men on the road when driving the car to PH.

Secondly, if there are any issues with the car, it’s easier for you to contact and meet with the buyer in PH than driving back to Lagos.
Abi o how can a grown adult dey find wetin no lost up and down...I just pray you return home safely with that your car money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Sunday2021: 11:02am On Jul 13, 2022
Pls I want to buy Camry 2009 from auction export. Pls can someone help me with the advantage and disadvantage of such transaction?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Amazing Images Of Abandoned Car Dealership And Cars Around The World / Suspected Stolen Range Rover(photo) / Mustapha Gajibo Builds 100% Electric Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.