Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,274 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla - Autos (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla (51714 Views)

Car loan directories,you can acquire a loan to purchase a car of your dream / I Want To Purchase A Mercedes-benz C300 Please Advice on pros and cons / How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by goodman5(m): 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2022
Baba go back pH and get ur car their, Dem scamm u o grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by kingBlaq: 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2022
I have very sharp 06 Corolla CE model
Going for 3.620
Available in festac Lagos
Quote me if you still want it

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by RealEzee(m): 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2022
Legit dealers dey NL

U don check surulere?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by danhans(m): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2022
Check Ikeja axis you will get good corolla,but if the prices are thesame with PH just go back and pick one there for your safety

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Passionate888: 4:48pm On Jul 13, 2022
joinnow:
since you are in Lagos enter cotonour seme border. If you need genuine person that will get you grade 1 at affordable price let me know. You only need your transport money say 5k enter fifa 1 to fifa9 you go see motor taya. Make your choice. Make payment in 4 days your car go dey pH. And it will be grade 1 and your choice car and lower in price compare to Lagos.everything legit. Your car go turn girls Head
What about custom papers?
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by bizhop01: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2022
It's doesn't worth moving from PH to Lagos to buy a Toyota car now,
Be careful because Lagos scammers is in next level, they now preach from Bible and Quran.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by BestTrades: 4:56pm On Jul 13, 2022
GREATESTPIANIST:
Hello Boss, please how do you check the VIN of a car, do you have to pay for it I tried yesterday , it wasn't working

gbassa:

To check vin of any car

For Free Vehicle History Report

https://verifyithq.com/free-vehicle-history-report/

For comprehensive vehicle history report

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by dadabashua1(m): 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by ableguy(m): 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2022
You're going to spend additional, 50 to 70k to get the car to pH.
Wahala
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by bonnyhope: 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I couldn't find a very clean 05 Corolla for 3.4m.
Even other models are sold from 3.5m.
Modified:
Getting a car at apapa warehouse is like getting a house. U pass through agents.

Once you enter the warehouse some random guys will flock over you asking you want kind of car u want. They will perch on u like a bird.

I was told each agent gets 100k commission for every car he sells or bring someone to buy.

They hardly allow you have access to the real car dealers.

Very terrible. Something I don't see in PH

That's why the inflate the price to accommodate agent fees

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by bonnyhope: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
1. I don't want to leave Lagos without getting a car.
2. I need Corolla

Pks go back to pH where you are used to

Before dem go give you box instead of car

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Munzy14(m): 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2022
Stallionhorse:
This one will end up being scammed..
You have characteristics of a mumu man
70 years Old one o... grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by bonnyhope: 5:27pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mrsoft3:
You only mentioned two three places, you only mention meeting one person. For someone who is coming all the way from pH and is a nairalander I expected you to be wise and smart at the same time.

There are many car dealers on this section,you could contact one of them even before you set out on your journey. Lagos feed on johnny just come,they know and they will increase the price for you. The car you are talking about there are people who will sell cheaper than even your budget but you didn't bother to go to those places. Someone said you have the characteristics of being scammed which I actually believe,you don't go and joke with such amount of money.

Is like the guy no hustle for the money

Even Lagos base guys are extra careful when transacting with car dealers

They can cheat you and the same time give you padded car

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Muhylonaire007: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
did u see my previous thread before typing this?

Nope I didn't.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Kraytur: 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2022
You must be Soboma’s friend from port harcourt grin
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Munzy14(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

It's either he doesn't have such a connection, or he has trust issues (Which I wouldn't blame him).

E even shock me say baba no carry convoy come Lagos. cheesy
Onu gi eeh grin grin

Purely savage...
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by GREATESTPIANIST: 5:44pm On Jul 13, 2022
BestTrades:

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH SIR

To check vin of any car

For Free Vehicle History Report

https://verifyithq.com/free-vehicle-history-report/

For comprehensive vehicle history report

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by bonnyhope: 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2022
dejavubobo1:

What u call toks are accident refurbished cars. So why not do the refurbishment urself to ur taste. & enjoy peace of mind

Pls don't confuse him

Tokunbo might be a refurbished one but far better than Nigerian used

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by maasoap(m): 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

In Nigeria, trust equals mumu. Na wah!

Yes, you're right. Nigeria is not a place you can trust car dealers or agents.
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Mariangeles(f): 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2022
Munzy14:

Onu gi eeh grin grin

Purely savage...

Thread a kpagburu'm n'ochi ehn... cheesy

Just go through the comments, I ga a chikata. grin

E nwere k'owu si ya ga e reshi op ugbo-ala AC ya di ka freezer, onye ozo e kwuotuo si ya werenu ya rewe ice block. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by iorfaj(m): 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAdul I have one for sale
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Cypress042(m): 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mariangeles:

Thread a kpagburu'm n'ochi ehn... cheesy

Just go through the comments, I ga a chikata. grin

E nwere k'owu si ya ga e reshi op ugbo-ala AC ya di ka freezer, onye ozo e kwuotuo si ya werenu ya rewe ice block. cheesy
Lenu gi cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by 419ballo: 6:02pm On Jul 13, 2022
090 27 67 40 33
This is available at 3.450m
Call or text if interested
AbelAbdul:
Good morning all. I believe you all are doing great.
I want to share my experience leaving Port Harcourt for Lagos to buy a Toyota Corolla.

I embarked on this journey on Sunday 10th July.
I came to Lagos to purchase the car because of these three conditions;
1. I thought it will cheaper in Lagos than Port Harcourt.
2. I believed in Lagos I will see much of it and would have a choice.
3. I believed in Lagos I will get the best with everything intact.

Before coming to Lagos I had my preferred model in mind. That's 2005 LE model.

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Mariangeles(f): 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2022
419ballo:
090 27 67 40 33
This is available at 3.450m
Call or text if interested

This one wey your moniker na 419ballo so... And you wan "sell" car give person

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by SPAMBOX7: 6:40pm On Jul 13, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I started my first search in Ajah. I moved from Ajah to Lekki. I barely saw Corolla cars. Most cars I saw were SUVs.

I then moved to Ikorodu. I couldn't see and Tokunbo Corolla.

Finally moved to Apapa

For those saying I should go back and wait or replan, please know that as the day goes buy prices of cars are going up.
I started planning to buy this car in January. Then my budget was 2m and the car was at 2.3 and 2.5m.

July the car is hitting 3.8m.

So I can't keep waiting. Dollar is going up everyday.
Go kotonou convert naira to their currency and buy at a cheaper rate. Just use brains man
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Wwwq: 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2022
Oh
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by erico2k2(m): 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2022
jamesversion:
I thought they claimed to have a Port in Port Harcourt.

They should simply rename the city Harcourt. Or Harcourts ville or Harcourtsburg or Harcourts Town.

No functional Port and you dey answer Port Harcourt. grin
Not enough vessels are wiling to come to PHC, you cant force ships to come to PHC,There also are other issues including navigation
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by erico2k2(m): 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
smokeyupu:

If the price in PH is at par with the ones in Lagos I'll advise you go back there and collect a car there.

The number of police, customs and other agencies you'll encounter on the road will make you regret.

The level of extortion is unprecedented not to mention the delay at several check points...

well if cleared properly, he can get a PHC number plate sent to him and he can drive down no issues
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Maxilight: 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
[Can a custom officer accompany some one to purchase a vehicle from cotonu and successful cross the border with the car to nija?
quote author=Crusadee post=114692771]Bros you need to calm down and go back home, with ur gentle search in PH u can get what you are looking for. U are talking about Seme border, most of the cars there are smuggled from cotonu, when you buy a smuggled car from cotonu e no go pass badagry ooo, customs go seize am B4 e reach agbara. And even buying the car in Lagos how sure are you with the customs papers? The cheaper it is the more likely there's a problem. And if you buy any car with fake papers whether you know it or not customs don't care ooo, they are waiting for you in Benin toll gate and alot of patrol teams B4 u leave south west. Bros go back home and settle down take a deep breath, take your time you can still get in pH. I know the problems with tokumbo cars and customs on the road of which u don't seem to have any idea.[/quote]
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by erico2k2(m): 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2022
femicyrus:
Loool
You remind me of my futile adventure many years back from Ibadan to Lagos to buy a car.
I was shocked to discover that cars are more expensive in Lagos than at Ibadan.
It is still difficult for me till now to understand why because Lagos has the port Ibadan cars are cleared from
There is a simple reason, Cars are first displayed in Lagos then moved to other states where the rate to view and buy is much slower, by the time it gets to week 7 owners are fed up and are ready to sell at cost price. Besides these other states are end point for these cars nowhere else to go. Load of cars o n stands do not belong to the owners of the stands rather individual sometimes based abroad who send cars to be sold at single or multiple units. these dealers just add their own cost and commission!

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by erico2k2(m): 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
SuyaSeller:

I have a sharp and clean 2008 Rav 4 for 2.7m
Looking good, I would have loved to gift this to a family member if I was in town and ready
Re: My Experience Going To Lagos To Purchase A Toyota Corolla by Maxilight: 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2022
Can a custom officer accompany some one to purchase a vehicle from cotonu and successful cross the border with the car to nija?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Amazing Images Of Abandoned Car Dealership And Cars Around The World / Suspected Stolen Range Rover(photo) / Mustapha Gajibo Builds 100% Electric Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.