Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,208 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences (22431 Views)

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. / When I Was Pregnant, I Was Mocked, Suspended By Church - Female SUG President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by MrDoGood(m): 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

grin grin grin grin cheesy
Wotowoto ooo

How old are you?
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Cypress042(m): 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2022
Exmilitant:
it's not really easy to stomach mockery and insults, I feel your pain.
What I normally do to anyone who mocks or embarrass me is report them to a dreaded deity at Ika Annang in Akwa Ibom state. grin.
Superstitious people, una funny oh cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by ashewoboy(m): 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2022
sisisioge:
Hmmmm

Better not to pay her any attention but it's ok to think of what she said if it bothers you.....would you like to change it or continue to roll within that circle? You are obviously a better person than her but disadvantaged. Better get your hands busier to ease your predicament. You will laugh last.

I used to be incredibly skinny and hated when people pointed it out. In fact, it got to a point that I was spending all my allowance on protein milkshakes and other foods to add weight. This might sound trivial but it was my biggest bother then and I took care of it. Again, if your state bothers you, take care of it while pretending that madam mockery is just giving you a feedback from her perceptive. Good luck darling....we need a e-hug emogen.

Slim girls are elite though. I would like to view a picture of you then and nowcheesy.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by thecommunist(m): 4:18pm On Jul 21, 2022
I've been mocked numerous times. What I do in those instances is to tell God that the only justice I want is for him to bless me. I tell God that instead of punishing them for mocking me, he should bless me. I'd rather be blessed and prosper than have my mockers punished.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Tallvictor23: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2022
So sorry , don’t worry , very soon all will be well , it’s just a matter of time , you will smile soon
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by amliftedhigher: 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:
Good afternoon N'lders, so we had a compound meeting with d landlord yesterday. Note that d landlord doesn't stay with us.

During the meeting, a female married neighbor raised some complaints about another neighbor whose family are in the habit of wasting water in d compound. Their tap head is spoilt but they refused to repair it, when water is pumping, they can leave their tap on overnight and so on. My husband was also confirming what d neighbor was saying.

During the meeting, the said woman whose family was wasting water came in and was
making some side remarks and even asked the Landlord why he had to call the meeting. The landlord didn't reply but rather asked her to leave the meeting. Am sure this angered her

When she came back from her business place in the night, from the gate she started raining insults on the woman that reported her, my husband,my children and myself. I have never been so humiliated in my life. Of a truth, we re going through financial challenges at the moment and it's telling on us. She called me a skeleton, my children kwashiorkor and my husband she called a Nobody. We were inside while she kept ranting and ranting outside, she later went inside her house and continued her rant from there. She said so many unprintable things to us but by God's grace we didn't even step out not to talk of replying her.

My great n'land family, is the woman wrong to have reported her? and am I wrong to have kept quiet while she humiliated and mocked my family for being poor?

Any advice for me cos I am broken
Yes oh. When I want to get admission. When I got admission and when I graduate from the university. But today they are calling me to assist them. The guy who told people that I did not get admission was rusticated from the same school and till now the parents did not know that he did not graduate
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Exmilitant(m): 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2022
Cypress042:
Superstitious people, una funny oh cheesy
vulture never bring letter come your house before grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by otipoju(m): 4:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:
Good afternoon N'lders, so we had a compound meeting with d landlord yesterday. Note that d landlord doesn't stay with us.

During the meeting, a female married neighbor raised some complaints about another neighbor whose family are in the habit of wasting water in d compound. Their tap head is spoilt but they refused to repair it, when water is pumping, they can leave their tap on overnight and so on. My husband was also confirming what d neighbor was saying.

During the meeting, the said woman whose family was wasting water came in and was
making some side remarks and even asked the Landlord why he had to call the meeting. The landlord didn't reply but rather asked her to leave the meeting. Am sure this angered her

When she came back from her business place in the night, from the gate she started raining insults on the woman that reported her, my husband,my children and myself. I have never been so humiliated in my life. Of a truth, we re going through financial challenges at the moment and it's telling on us. She called me a skeleton, my children kwashiorkor and my husband she called a Nobody. We were inside while she kept ranting and ranting outside, she later went inside her house and continued her rant from there. She said so many unprintable things to us but by God's grace we didn't even step out not to talk of replying her.

My great n'land family, is the woman wrong to have reported her? and am I wrong to have kept quiet while she humiliated and mocked my family for being poor?

Choose your battles carefully. You not answering is not because you are weak it's a sign of strength. Focus on your own life and pray for God to use her words to open doors of favor for you.

I've been heavily mocked severally in my life. In all these cases they all regretted ever mocking me and till date feel uncomfortable with the things they said. Some they even beg me for money.

Focus on God ma and pray he elevates you.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Samcent: 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

Thank you, maybe it's getting to me cos I am an introvert and by nature, we overthink things.
My dear, don't allow such things get to you.

Don't dwell on hateful comments directed at you or you family. The only person that won't be mocked in this world is one who is without a shortcoming or one whose shortcomings are not known.

Learn to ignore!

Just direct your energy at improving the lot of your family and always remember to ask for God's favour.

I have been mocked before. But God has given me some breakthroughs in life that have turned the mockery into a miracle.

You will have the last laugh!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by GiftedTitty: 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2022
sisisioge:
Hmmmm

Better not to pay her any attention but it's ok to think of what she said if it bothers you.....would you like to change it or continue to roll within that circle? You are obviously a better person than her but disadvantaged. Better get your hands busier to ease your predicament. You will laugh last.

I used to be incredibly skinny and hated when people pointed it out. In fact, it got to a point that I was spending all my allowance on protein milkshakes and other foods to add weight. This might sound trivial but it was my biggest bother then and I took care of it. Again, if your state bothers you, take care of it while pretending that madam mockery is just giving you a feedback from her perceptive. Good luck darling....we need a e-hug emogen.

Hi I'm very skinny too and its bothersome. can you pls highlight some of the things you did and what you ate. cos I don tire. apart from the skinniness I have a hearing issue which has taken a powerful toll on my confidence. But let me see if I can clear this issue first. Ill take care of the rest
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by PharmacyStore: 4:41pm On Jul 21, 2022
Just ignore these type of neighbors and protect your peace
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by todugo(m): 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

grin grin grin grin cheesy
Wotowoto ooo
What's funny here?

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Aidejay(m): 4:47pm On Jul 21, 2022
@Mumben

One day you'll remember this situation and laugh.

That woman just embarrassed herself.

She sounds like a deranged person.

OP think about it. What reasonable and level headed person will start ranting all over the compound.

NOBODY will see or hear what she said and did and not think this woman is a looser.

And please next time you see or hear water wasting don't just leave it, go and close it or prevent it from wasting. It's obvious that clown of a neighbor isn't mentally capable of taking responsibility for something as little as that.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Vix805: 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2022
u for wose am slap.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Aidejay(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2022
As introverts we dwell on things it will be stewing in your mind. You need to set yourself above her, when she misbehaves do the most mature and rational thing don't ever cuss back. People will start to see the loud person as an idiot and you the cool one as reasonable. They'll respect you more. But you see that thing of a woman she go soon jam. People like that always meet their match and it's usually funny.

If she ever insults or starts again, take your camera and start recording her, I swear it works. She will shut up.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mumben(f): 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2022
Samcent:

My dear, don't allow such things get to you.

Don't dwell on hateful comments directed at you or you family. The only person that won't be mocked in this world is one who is without a shortcoming or one whose shortcomings are not known.

Learn to ignore!

Just direct your energy at improving the lot of your family and always remember to ask for God's favour.

I have been mocked before. But God has given me some breakthroughs in life that have turned the mockery into a miracle.

You will have the last laugh!
Amen
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by baby124: 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
GiftedTitty:

Hi I'm very skinny too and its bothersome. can you pls highlight some of the things you did and what you ate. cos I don tire. apart from the skinniness I have a hearing issue which has taken a powerful toll on my confidence. But let me see if I can clear this issue first. Ill take care of the rest
Enjoy your skinny figure o. When you give birth or turn a certain age, everything will be filled up to the point that you will miss being skinny.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by achimendy(m): 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

You did a good thing by not replying the idiot.

Focus on your family, and move on.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Hoodyrich(m): 5:54pm On Jul 21, 2022
Spoken word makes the deepest impact, which why you need to get your mind prepared promptly for situations like this.

Maority of Nigerian struggle to feed in this
current administration this a fact, your neighbour in question is only pained and angry ,that the popular emotion shown in this type of situation.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by RaymondHarmony: 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2022
Talentempire:
I was mocked to a point that sucide was the only thing ringing in my head

I suffered a serious financial challenge
my husband and myself were practically begging to feed

I felt life was just against us
It got to a level that the money issues was not as hurtful as the mockery from close friends and family.

Today I sit on wealth
The table has been turned in my favour

Many of the people who mocked me then are hiding their faces in shame

Some are shamelessly calling my husband and I for financial help.

My brother believe in your God and TIME .
it shall end in praise.

Did you later help those who mocked you ?
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Emdebby2: 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2022
Just endure the humiliation. She's not your God. The poor can be lifted tomorrow. No one knows tomorrow. Do not exchange words with her. Some women are devil incarnate. Live your life and trust in God.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2022
sisisioge:
Hmmmm

Were you able to solve this by eating specific food or routine?

I used to be this way a very long time ago & I tried every thing, nothing worked until my body began to change on it's own without me doing anything. All the online advice of specific diet I read never worked for me.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by RaymondHarmony: 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2022
Samskid310:
The day landlord sent me parking from my lodge in uniben,course mates and school mates were mocking me and all of them refused to accommodate.
Looking back now,I had the last laugh cos this same people are in my dm pasting account number for urgent $10

Did you help them with the Dollar ?
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Tonyx5(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2022
naija4life247:
Be a true woman, go there are beat up the nuisance. If it's a guy that is messing up, your husband would have gone to treat his fucck up. But in this instance, it is your duty to go and teach the nuisance a bitter lesson. Go and put on your jeans knicker, wear bra, wear top bra, pit on an inner singlet, then wear a thick top. Go there are keep the idiot shut forcefully.
Vawulence
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Stamagba(m): 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
Na poor you poor, una no kill person. Just give it all to God.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Cypress042(m): 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2022
Exmilitant:
vulture never bring letter come your house before grin
Who's feeding you with those rubbish ? cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Streett: 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2022
Klass99:

How can the husband mind his business when what is happening affects him too? He did nothing wrong by confirming a truth to their landlord during the meeting.

It is as if you have never jammed co-tenants who are just troublesome without cause or justification. The ones that will push your clothes from your own rope/line to spread their clothes, rope that you bought with your money and put outside.

Or is it the saboteurs who will never contribute fuel money to pump water, but will deliberately leave their bathroom taps on and go out to spite others for calling them out, so all the water you are pumping is wasting away and the water tank is not filling up because of them.

Please free that man he did not do anything wrong, that woman is just vile. What stops her from fixing the tap head to save everyone (including herself) the water loss?

If I was the landlord she will not last long in my property, because the tap head is an indication of her careless and negligent attitude. I shudder to think of what the rest of her flat looks like now or what it will look like, when she moves out.

Better Nigeria gats start from compound o…. You yarn correct correct!

This OP hubby did no wrong ….. That woman can continue barking into infinity & that’s her personal Pro Max Palava
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by hahn(m): 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

Thank you, maybe it's getting to me cos I am an introvert and by nature, we overthink things.

You and your husband should focus on getting out of your situation.

Success is the best response for such people
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Contekbbc: 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2022
Whatever that bothers you,tell it to God in prayer and see how miserable she becomes in few days time.
The Bible has a perfect response for anyone that troubles a child of the most high God.

But I see that you'll have a big testimony before the end of this year and when that happens,change your LOCATION , so that those bad belle people won't add sand to your garri.
Peace of God be with you forever IJMN

Mumben:
Thanks @ all for ur kind words and encouragement. I feel much better now
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mumben(f): 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
Contekbbc:

Whatever that bothers you,tell it to God in prayer and see how miserable she becomes in few days time.
The Bible has a perfect response for anyone that troubles a child of the most high God.

But I see that you'll have a big testimony before the end of this year and when that happens,change your LOCATION , so that those bad belle people won't add sand to your garri.
Peace of God be with you forever IJMN

Amen to your prayers
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by DrDunamis(m): 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

Everybody get mouth!
The same mouth you used in doing the right thing by reporting their wasteful habits is the same mouth she used in spilling bitterness.
The problem here would be if you agreed with all what she said, there's a difference between fact and truth. It might be a fact that your family is in that position but the truth is you'll not always be there.
Move on and avoid her...
No need for unnecessary confrontations...
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by ford101: 8:44pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

I get mocked every blessed day in my compound.from begin jobless,to eating to much food cos i park the empty outside to buying a car ,to using it for Bolt.mind you this people can't buy a bike ooo.the problem is that I mind my business so it's all said at my back.tell your husband to mind his business ooooo.he shouldn't report any body but try and buy his own land and build his own house.iv already bought a land and ll build it by September November.so wen am packing out let them still mock me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

That Childish Behavior You Still Do As An Adult. / Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) / Be Discrete With Your Moves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.