Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences (22428 Views)

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. / When I Was Pregnant, I Was Mocked, Suspended By Church - Female SUG President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by infini771: 1:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:
Good afternoon N'lders, so we had a compound meeting with d landlord yesterday. Note that d landlord doesn't stay with us.

During the meeting, a female married neighbor raised some complaints about another neighbor whose family are in the habit of wasting water in d compound. Their tap head is spoilt but they refused to repair it, when water is pumping, they can leave their tap on overnight and so on. My husband was also confirming what d neighbor was saying.

During the meeting, the said woman whose family was wasting water came in and was
making some side remarks and even asked the Landlord why he had to call the meeting. The landlord didn't reply but rather asked her to leave the meeting. Am sure this angered her

When she came back from her business place in the night, from the gate she started raining insults on the woman that reported her, my husband,my children and myself. I have never been so humiliated in my life. Of a truth, we re going through financial challenges at the moment and it's telling on us. She called me a skeleton, my children kwashiorkor and my husband she called a Nobody. We were inside while she kept ranting and ranting outside, she later went inside her house and continued her rant from there. She said so many unprintable things to us but by God's grace we didn't even step out not to talk of replying her.

My great n'land family, is the woman wrong to have reported her? and am I wrong to have kept quiet while she humiliated and mocked my family for being poor?

Any advice for me cos I am broken
You did very very well. Don't ever respond to insults. God said that we should not avenge, that vengeance is his. Besides, there is no vengeance as complete as forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mercury12(m): 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

You understand d situation very well, the truth is other co_tenants are afraid to call her out cos she is very troublesome. Even her husband is scared of her. She is d only tenant in that compound that openly insults her husband. Infact, if she is insulting her husband from their flat, d whole neighborhood will be aware cos she will be shouting at the top of her voice. Truth is, d man is a very quiet gentleman. I honestly don't know how he's been coping with his wife's attitude.

On several occasions, d husband will come back and call d wife on phone, she won't come out to open d gate for him until d man calls my
husband to open d gate for him. There was a time my husband travelled but d man was not aware so when he got to d gate, he called my husband to help him open d gate. My husband had to call me on phone to please help open d gate for the man and d wife was comfortably inside faking sleep. Which woman goes to bed without waiting for her husband to return? My dear, d story too much.

Enhen shocked

E be things

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2022
Your silence was golden, she will be judging herself by now , the reporter did great , how can she be wasting water like that depriving others and stressing the person that pumps water. forget her jor don't let her words bother you.
To improve on your finances, please go to God in Prayers, tell him about your problems, pay your tithe, give to the less privilege , you will see improvement in a couple of month.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by sylve11: 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2022
Acidosis:

You still haven't gotten over the fact that nobody cares about you on Nairaland. You should be appreciating God for taking you out of trenches not looking for how God will punish your mockers. Your so called "mockers" serve your God better than you do. So how God wan take punish them bayi?

Egwegwegwe smiley cool
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Kinzo0917(m): 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
DenreleDave:

U too watch nollywood.... Chai

Must sumtin like death always happen whne two people go physical.. Must someone always slump?

You didn't even raise the concern that what if she herself slumped... God forbid....

Nollywood don make una bliv say the one attacked always slump grin grin grin grin grin grin
. But there is every chance it can happen. I have seen it happened before. Controlling ones anger is a virtue. Though , it is not always easy
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Splitmind: 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
I was mocked for supporting APC but very soon I get my revenge.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Bestrolland(m): 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2022
U hav done well for not replying her,never let her insult immuliate u,ur current suitation wil soon b over.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by preciousmaro: 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2022
You are blessed
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by sylve11: 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2022
Ok12345:
The day lapo people drag me for clothes to reach their office, na that day I stop to collect a loan, it was a life-changing decision.

Sorry madam ehn

Ah!

That's the height of embarrassment that can befall anyone. shocked cool
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by lovat(m): 1:48pm On Jul 21, 2022
sisisioge:

Omoh! I no skinny nor chubby o, I'm inbetween and giving my former critics something to wish for grin
I recall seeing you back in 2016 and I was like

Wtf grin

Thank God you are a little fleshy now
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Kobicove(m): 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2022
Acidosis:

You still haven't gotten over the fact that nobody cares about you on Nairaland. You should be appreciating God for taking you out of trenches not looking for how God will punish your mockers. Your so called "mockers" serve your God better than you do. So how God wan take punish them bayi?

grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Jackanda1(m): 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2022
I had a shameful experience some years ago. Ok, i was mentally down and i went to facebook to post all manner of cringe and embarassing stuff, calling imaginary names and begging them to have mercy on me, plus all sort of related rubbish.

I didn't know how far my post had excalated, until when i got better and was able to leave the house, only to catch people laughing at me as i walked pass the street. I deleted the posts later, but it was too late. embarassed
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Protagonist(m): 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2022
She mentioned she was mocked and you're here mocking her post. Which kind person you be self? ���
VeryWickedMan:

grin grin grin grin cheesy
Wotowoto ooo
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
If someone mock me, I mock back sharp sharp infact my own will give the person sleepless night. There is no human being without life problem rich and poor, y aoung and old.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by bekpo(m): 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
My dear, don't let it get 2 u rather it should spur u and b d motivation u need 2 work harder.

I could remember vividly many years ago i was looking 4 admission in d university. It wasn't an easy ride. I was squatting with my uncle and his family.

I haven't been humiliated b4 in my life. I was so humiliated by d family from d wife to d least of her children. She practically mobilised all her children against me.

I could remember when my cousin (her first son) told me to go back to d village that i am of no use. Yet he was looking 4 admission as well at d time oh. I didn't allow that get to me. The last straw that breaks d cammel back,I could vividly recalled as well when i returned frm school abt 8pm very hungry, tired n dejected after going d whole of d day without food, tried 2 change up when my uncle's wife accused me of stealing her akamu i mean pap or ogi and took in d morning b4 leaving 4 school.

I tried 2 tell her that i never did that b4 i say jack, all of them descended on me. I was bleeding all over me.

But do u know what, i never allowed any of those get to me rather d needed motivation to stardom.

Today, i am a successful lawyer and a politician. My cousin couldn't get admission till i assisted him get d admission after i had finished school and started practicing.

Buckle up and get motivated. Don't feel discouraged or distracted not even in a second because that's d internment of d humiliation.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Olayetan(m): 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:
Good afternoon N'lders, so we had a compound meeting with d landlord yesterday. Note that d landlord doesn't stay with us.

During the meeting, a female married neighbor raised some complaints about another neighbor whose family are in the habit of wasting water in d compound. Their tap head is spoilt but they refused to repair it, when water is pumping, they can leave their tap on overnight and so on. My husband was also confirming what d neighbor was saying.

During the meeting, the said woman whose family was wasting water came in and was
making some side remarks and even asked the Landlord why he had to call the meeting. The landlord didn't reply but rather asked her to leave the meeting. Am sure this angered her

When she came back from her business place in the night, from the gate she started raining insults on the woman that reported her, my husband,my children and myself. I have never been so humiliated in my life. Of a truth, we re going through financial challenges at the moment and it's telling on us. She called me a skeleton, my children kwashiorkor and my husband she called a Nobody. We were inside while she kept ranting and ranting outside, she later went inside her house and continued her rant from there. She said so many unprintable things to us but by God's grace we didn't even step out not to talk of replying her.

My great n'land family, is the woman wrong to have reported her? and am I wrong to have kept quiet while she humiliated and mocked my family for being poor?

Don't let her words get to you. Just wave it off your mind and focus on your work and business.

Some people are just frustrated and waiting to pour aggression on someone

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Munzy14(m): 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

As a human, when you are mocked, it should be a push for you.

An addage will say never look like what the mocked you with.

The main thing now, what are you doing to assist your hubby overcome this challenge.

Are you into business or gainfully employed?

What happened?

For a careless neighbour to know your family's current situation, it don bad be that..

What solutions are you looking at...This is where the woman in every mother comes out fully.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Ate247(m): 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

you're a strong woman and God is gonna see you through this hard times.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mumben(f): 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2022
gaby:

You did well to have pressed on the ignore button, that sure hurts more than words.

Do not ever dwell on nor allow those negative words of hers get to you.

Because she doesn't own your life or life itself, her words shall return to her empty.

Take her mockery as a challenge to keep

grinding, showing gratitude no matter how bad or gloomy the situation presently looks. Trust me, whatever it is you are going through at the moment isn't a forever thing and everyone goes through same in life at some point.

The good thing is, this time will never last forever. There's your time ahead of you and when that time is ripe, no man/woman or situation can stop it. It'd seem like a dream to you.

I've been there and I know what I'm telling you.

From now, I'd advise you and your family to cultivate the habit of gratitude on a daily.

Before you get off from your bed, just say a few words of gratitude for everything you are going through and for the gift of being alive to hope for a better day.

Keep at the above on a daily while continuing in your daily grinds and in a month plus, you'd begin to understand a little bit about how life works.

I wish you guys well and the strength to navigate through this "testing" period.

It shall pass.

DM me your acct number..

And one last thing...

Improve on writing your words and sentences in full.
Typing in that shorthand isn't very good and can pose a hindrance because you wouldn't know what setting not to use it.

Thanks for your encouraging words. God is at work
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by 1gbdata: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2022
My story eehhhhh
make i no talk
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by bekpo(m): 1:55pm On Jul 21, 2022
My dear, don't let it get 2 u rather it should spur u and b d motivation u need 2 work harder.

I could remember vividly many years ago i was looking 4 admission in d university. It wasn't an easy ride. I was squatting with my uncle and his family.

I haven't been humiliated b4 in my life. I was so humiliated by d family from d wife to d least of her children. She practically mobilised all her children against me.

I could remember when my cousin (her first son) told me to go back to d village that i am of no use. Yet he was looking 4 admission as well at d time oh. I didn't allow that get to me. The last straw that breaks d cammel back,I could vividly recalled as well when i returned frm school abt 8pm very hungry, tired n dejected after going d whole of d day without food, tried 2 change up when my uncle's wife accused me of stealing her akamu i mean pap or ogi and took in d morning b4 leaving 4 school.

I tried 2 tell her that i never did that b4 i say jack, all of them descended on me. I was bleeding all over me.

But do u know what, i never allowed any of those get to me rather d needed motivation to stardom.

Today, i am a successful lawyer and a politician. My cousin couldn't get admission till i assisted him get d admission after i had finished school and started practicing.

Buckle up and get motivated. Don't feel discouraged or distracted not even in a second because that's d internment of d humiliation.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Lewisdinho(m): 1:56pm On Jul 21, 2022
You don't need to be broken, it doesn't take God Five Seconds to change a man's story. Your story will change.
Mumben:

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Obiorahpcfg: 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2022
See it as challenge and prayer point. U guys are one in a million for not replying her. Let her insult be a motivating factor to step up in ur prayers and add other tins to ur hustles. Just watch out how tins will turn around for good for u and ur family. If u have data, always join the deliverance session of zion prayer movement outreach online and see how ur lives will change for good. Infact better sef if u are based in Lagos bcoz dts were it is. Just search for d name on Facebook , YouTube or Instagram for d name and thank me later.

Just be happy jor. Don't allow it spoil ur day my dear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by gaby(m): 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2022
bekpo:

Barrister, kindly work on not writing in shorthand.

You subtly advertised yourself here and I'm sure no one with a prized project would hire you to write an agreement or take on a case for him/her with the way you typed above.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Emaprince: 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:
Thanks @ all for ur kind words and encouragement. I feel much better now
I actually feel that the only reason you are extremely affected is because she called you a skeleton. Women hate to be body shamed. I really wonder why these things affect you guys so much. The whole yabbing weakened you totally from the look of things. Your hubby should try to cheer you up..and make you understand that you are still beautiful the way you are..and no need worrying about a woman with a leaking mouth.

As far as you didn't reply her, she will shamefully go sit one side.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by juman(m): 2:00pm On Jul 21, 2022
"God block its mouth, pluck its teeth, cover its mouth, the lion of this life that threatening me". Song of evangelist ojo.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by bekpo(m): 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2022
gaby:

Barrister, kindly work on not writing in shorthand.

You subtly advertised yourself here and I'm sure no one with a prized project would hire you to write an agreement or take on a case for him/her with the way you typed above.

I had learnt not 2 join issues with daft otherwise i end up dignifying them.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Kajaard: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2022
Acidosis:

The boldfaced, I wish people realize just this fact on this forum, then there will be no need for their endless lies.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by gaby(m): 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2022
bekpo:

I had learnt not 2 join issues with daft otherwise i end up dignifying them.

Thank you sir.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by anonymuz(m): 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

you did the best thing. She just humiliated herself no your family. And old man once said: the best answer for a fool is not answering. If you answer, meaning both of you are fools. Just pray for your husband and yourself. Nothing last for ever. It's you trying time face it with hope
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Chainex(m): 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2022
Easier , way more easier said than done.
wis3:
I understand what it feels like but you shouldn't let things like these get to you. Focus on the small and important things in life and you'll be okay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Hate Cooking Breakfast For My Husband / That Childish Behavior You Still Do As An Adult. / Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.