Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences (22450 Views)

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. / When I Was Pregnant, I Was Mocked, Suspended By Church - Female SUG President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by oluwaseyi0: 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
Wingscloud:
I've been mocked and I still get side mockes from people cause of my locked knee!

Sometimes it gets to me and I feel sad and other times I just let it go and tell my self that my actions are what define me not the structure of my legs.

You have all right to feel sad about what your neighbor said cause painful at it sounds it's the obvious Truth.

But the only way you can seek peace is to try and better your living condition. Focus more on what will add more value to you l, your income and your family. I'm very sure this will help a lot!

Locked knee?

If it's what I'm reading online, how do you sit? Walk? Etc

Apologies I'm just curious, I'm hearing of locked knee for the first time
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Locked knee?

If it's what I'm reading online, how do you sit? Walk? Etc

Apologies I'm just curious, I'm hearing of locked knee for the first time
grin when you stand and get that c form shape. And my left leg isn't too straight grin grin

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by spencekat(m): 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2022
Almost everybody has been mocked indirectly or directly.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by gaby(m): 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:
Good afternoon N'lders, so we had a compound meeting with d landlord yesterday. Note that d landlord doesn't stay with us.

During the meeting, a female married neighbor raised some complaints about another neighbor whose family are in the habit of wasting water in d compound. Their tap head is spoilt but they refused to repair it, when water is pumping, they can leave their tap on overnight and so on. My husband was also confirming what d neighbor was saying.

During the meeting, the said woman whose family was wasting water came in and was
making some side remarks and even asked the Landlord why he had to call the meeting. The landlord didn't reply but rather asked her to leave the meeting. Am sure this angered her

When she came back from her business place in the night, from the gate she started raining insults on the woman that reported her, my husband,my children and myself. I have never been so humiliated in my life. Of a truth, we re going through financial challenges at the moment and it's telling on us. She called me a skeleton, my children kwashiorkor and my husband she called a Nobody. We were inside while she kept ranting and ranting outside, she later went inside her house and continued her rant from there. She said so many unprintable things to us but by God's grace we didn't even step out not to talk of replying her.

My great n'land family, is the woman wrong to have reported her? and am I wrong to have kept quiet while she humiliated and mocked my family for being poor?

Any advice for me cos I am broken

You did well to have pressed on the ignore button, that sure hurts more than words.

Do not ever dwell on nor allow those negative words of hers get to you.

Because she doesn't own your life or life itself, her words shall return to her empty.

Take her mockery as a challenge to keep grinding, showing gratitude no matter how bad or gloomy the situation presently looks. Trust me, whatever it is you are going through at the moment isn't a forever thing and everyone goes through same in life at some point.

The good thing is, this time will never last forever. There's your time ahead of you and when that time is ripe, no man/woman or situation can stop it. It'd seem like a dream to you.

I've been there and I know what I'm telling you.

From now, I'd advise you and your family to cultivate the habit of gratitude on a daily.

Before you get off from your bed, just say a few words of gratitude for everything you are going through and for the gift of being alive to hope for a better day.

Keep at the above on a daily while continuing in your daily grinds and in a month plus, you'd begin to understand a little bit about how life works.

I wish you guys well and the strength to navigate through this "testing" period.

It shall pass.

DM me your acct number..

And one last thing...

Improve on writing your words and sentences in full.
Typing in that shorthand isn't very good and can pose a hindrance because you wouldn't know what setting not to use it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by obedience4(m): 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2022
The lord is your strength
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by spencekat(m): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
ahnie:
My dear I have bn mocked so many times by people I m far better than in all folds especially in my type of legit hustle,i m only keeping my hands busy and fruitful.I don't let their silly mockery ever get to me,infact my doings sef always make suicide looks sexy to my mockers.
Some be like....ahnie pls permit me to go kill myself and I'll be like....yeah baby sniper isn't pricey any more.
My skin thick pass elephant own.

Since tough times sometimes abound at the home front,but it's not a permanent thing,it must surely pass away.

[/b]There's a way God does his things by using basket to fetch water in order to disgrace the bucket.[b]

Pls you should also learn to ignore too,try as much as possible to avoid compound ingathering and familiarity try to get something doing so you can help your husband to lessen the burden.

Sorry about your ordeal.... everything go dey alright Las Las,just make una hustle loud pass una voice.
That is why we call Him,Jehovah Over do.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Epurogonogono(m): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
I've been mocked so many times, mockeries become so insignificant in my life, therefore making them not worth any space in my memory

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by colestephan86: 1:13pm On Jul 21, 2022
wis3:
I understand what it feels like but you shouldn't let things like these get to you. Focus on the small and important things in life and you'll be okay.
Will never forget nysc camp afikpo, I was a very well known person during the two 3 weeks , there was no light, I went to charge my phone , then this guy came and said he wanted to charge too , I told him I was only looking out for mine and that if he will charge he should sit down and watch his phone himself. Few minutes later I walked to the door post to see what was happening outside as there was a show going on, immidiaty the show ended I took my phone and then this guy came and said I stole fhis phone, I was to present some talk on stage the next day., Wow I felt real bad and ashamed.
A friend in my room later told me that someone in the crowd pointed at me that , that guy is the one that stole a phone yesterday.
Wow.
The thief was later caught on the final day everyone was leaving with many phones, but you know things don spoil na

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by 4ward4: 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

grin grin grin grin cheesy
Wotowoto ooo

Nah una dey keep NL active.lol

By the way you did a good Job by not replying her. E get somethings civilization don teach us and such is a No against Compound fighting and all those Shits.
For the insults, forget it . If only she is Certain of her and her family tomorrow then you have every right to take it serious...
But Of course she have no single idea of Tomorrow
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by SmileDance(f): 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2022
I remember when my former landlady mocked me for not having clothes to wear to church.
She said it's because I gat no clothes I don't go to church
Omo
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Karleb(m): 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2022
Ignoring her was the wrong move.

You should have engaged her.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Lightorder: 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2022
nwajesus12:
Ewu sad
as in , re-sallah goat
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

Wotowoto ooo
kids on nairaland...when are we having children section already
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Paparazzi109: 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2022
Only kids get annoyed when mocked. I learnt a skill back then to mock myself b4 u mock me. When I mock myself u will b left with nothing to mock me. Eminem taught me this skill in 8mile movie
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Kutunban: 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:
Good afternoon N'lders, so we had a compound meeting with d landlord yesterday. Note that d landlord doesn't stay with us.

During the meeting, a female married neighbor raised some complaints about another neighbor whose family are in the habit of wasting water in d compound. Their tap head is spoilt but they refused to repair it, when water is pumping, they can leave their tap on overnight and so on. My husband was also confirming what d neighbor was saying.

During the meeting, the said woman whose family was wasting water came in and was
making some side remarks and even asked the Landlord why he had to call the meeting. The landlord didn't reply but rather asked her to leave the meeting. Am sure this angered her

When she came back from her business place in the night, from the gate she started raining insults on the woman that reported her, my husband,my children and myself. I have never been so humiliated in my life. Of a truth, we re going through financial challenges at the moment and it's telling on us. She called me a skeleton, my children kwashiorkor and my husband she called a Nobody. We were inside while she kept ranting and ranting outside, she later went inside her house and continued her rant from there. She said so many unprintable things to us but by God's grace we didn't even step out not to talk of replying her.

My great n'land family, is the woman wrong to have reported her? and am I wrong to have kept quiet while she humiliated and mocked my family for being poor?

Ignore her only God maketh anyone rich. What do you do for a living?
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by virginchaser(m): 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2022
It's a normal thing and it is a catalyst that gives strength and propel you to a higher level.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mozegee: 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
Yes i have been mocked so many times, i Have been called poor,i have been told by my step brothers that i can't produce a male children just because God gave me two beautiful girls. But one thing the never knew is that when i was in university i made a val with my God that i need two female first before male kids. So after i was humiliated by them i went to defferent alters and challenge God ,that if he really exist i want another pregnancy of my wife to be a male child. Not upto a Month that i was been humiliated my wife was pregnant.four months of the pregnancy she went to 3 different scans and it was confirmed is a male child.when she gave me the news i went out side and look upto the heaven and say to God u really exist and i thank him. For them calling me poor,i am still believing in God he will surelychange my situation soon,that i fully know he will do.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by spencekat(m): 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

You understand d situation very well, the truth is other co_tenants are afraid to call her out cos she is very troublesome. Even her husband is scared of her. She is d only tenant in that compound that openly insults her husband. Infact, if she is insulting her husband from their flat, d whole neighborhood will be aware cos she will be shouting at the top of her voice. Truth is, d man is a very quiet gentleman. I honestly don't know how he's been coping with his wife's attitude.

On several occasions, d husband will come back and call d wife on phone, she won't come out to open d gate for him until d man calls my
husband to open d gate for him. There was a time my husband travelled but d man was not aware so when he got to d gate, he called my husband to help him open d gate. My husband had to call me on phone to please help open d gate for the man and d wife was comfortably inside faking sleep. Which woman goes to bed without waiting for her husband to return? My dear, d story too much.
The husband don suffer.Choi!
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by juman(m): 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2022
Sorry for the insult.
Its good you kept your cool. If you reply it might have led to death of anyone of you when you fight physically.
But why are you poor?
You and your husband need to double your effort.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by EmiDon11: 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2022
Hmmmmmmm

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Angelfrost(m): 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2022
I will never fully understand what mockers stand to gain from such evil yet childish acts...

Some actually think mocking others makes their own pathetic situation better!

No complete and focused individual will stoop low to mock another.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by eleko1: 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
sad life in CIVILIAN BARRACKS cool.It is there they fight in their wrapper/exposed those tired and sick melons.u get thick skin from Baba Kazeem
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by juman(m): 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2022
I have been badly behaved to by relations, school mates etc.
It call bullying. Yeah.
I cut off for life.
Never be engaged with them.
I have peace of mind without them.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Kinzo0917(m): 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2022
Wingscloud:
I've been mocked and I still get side mockes from people cause of my locked knee!

Sometimes it gets to me and I feel sad and other times I just let it go and tell my self that my actions are what define me not the structure of my legs.

You have all right to feel sad about what your neighbor said cause painful at it sounds it's the obvious Truth.

But the only way you can seek peace is to try and better your living condition. Focus more on what will add more value to you l, your income and your family. I'm very sure this will help a lot!
. My brother, anyone that mocks you is indictectly mocking God. It could have been me or anyone else in your condition. It is not your wish that you are that way. God knows the best. I felt sad and almost criedreading the OP and your stories. May God turn your predicaments to joy soon. The Lord is ur strength my brother. Stay strong.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by moralex(m): 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

Report her to God through prayer, tell God everything , he will change your family's story , pls, Keep away from the woman .

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by sylve11: 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

Wotowoto ooo

Yeye somebody..

@op, I am happy you didn't get physical with her or retaliate in form of a quarrel.

Soon, you everything will fall in place for you and your family. cool
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Kinzo0917(m): 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
naija4life247:
Be a true woman, go there are beat up the nuisance. If it's a guy that is messing up, your husband would have gone to treat his fucck up. But in this instance, it is your duty to go and teach the nuisance a bitter lesson. Go and put on your jeans knicker, wear bra, wear top bra, pit on an inner singlet, then wear a thick top. Go there are keep the idiot shut forcefully.
. OP don't take this useless advice. This is advice from the pit of hell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All About Babies / Should Nigeria Limit Children Born Into Each Family In This Economy? / Be Discrete With Your Moves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.