Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,028 members, 7,821,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences (22452 Views)

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. / When I Was Pregnant, I Was Mocked, Suspended By Church - Female SUG President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by gaby(m): 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

Thanks for your encouraging words. God is at work

Check your mail
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by mrkings84(m): 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2022
Was mocked on Tuesday. It sank so much on me.
So due to the hash economy that's not smiling with guys that have no major source of income at the moment, I decided to go join some guys who are working in a company that is doing some extensions as a labourer.

I was told that they pay every 2 weeks and daily booking is at 2500, I decided to give it a try na, I worked on Monday, went on Tuesday, I was putting on my best to the job (it's a construction cite, so the jobs involves diggings, fillings, transferring materials, bailing, wheelbarrowing etc), it's a kind of job I have never done before in my entire life for payment.

Boom.. the so called cite engineer was just shouting at everyone, AT ONE POINT HE TURNED TO ME AND YELLED, WHO BROUGHT THIS STUPID MAN HERE, ORDINARY SMALL MIXING YOU CAN'T. SO YOU NOW EXPECT ME TO WASTE 2500 ON YOU ABI?

I was so humiliated, was just trying my best on top the hungry that was hammering man pikin.
I finished working that Tuesday, and decided to stay away from such job cos my weight no reach shall....

The 2 days I worked I don't know if they will pay me,above, my tp to that cite to and fro is #400 everyday.

I didn't even have tp again to continue even if I had wanted to continue.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Thomthom(m): 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2022
Ok12345:
The day lapo people drag me for clothes reach their office, na that day I stop to collect loan,it was a life changing decision.

Sorry madam ehn
Hahahaha
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by anonymuz(m): 2:10pm On Jul 21, 2022
gaby:

Barrister, kindly work on not writing in shorthand.

You subtly advertised yourself here and I'm sure no one with a prized project would hire you to write an agreement or take on a case for him/her with the way you typed above.
this is not a legal write up. I believe she's just being lazy a bit to write formal.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Parizz: 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
Wingscloud:
I've been mocked and I still get side mockes from people cause of my locked knee!

Sometimes it gets to me and I feel sad and other times I just let it go and tell my self that my actions are what define me not the structure of my legs.

You have all right to feel sad about what your neighbor said cause painful at it sounds it's the obvious Truth.

But the only way you can seek peace is to try and better your living condition. Focus more on what will add more value to you l, your income and your family. I'm very sure this will help a lot!
why are you adding salt to injury?
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Parizz: 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2022
sisisioge:
Hmmmm

Better not to pay her any attention but it's ok to think of what she said if it bothers you.....would you like to change it or continue to roll within that circle? You are obviously a better person than her but disadvantaged. Better get your hands busier to ease your predicament. You will laugh last.

I used to be incredibly skinny and hated when people pointed it out. In fact, it got to a point that I was spending all my allowance on protein milkshakes and other foods to add weight. This might sound trivial but it was my biggest bother then and I took care of it. Again, if your state bothers you, take care of it while pretending that madam mockery is just giving you a feedback from her perceptive. Good luck darling....we need a e-hug emogen.
are you a size 8?
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Parizz: 2:17pm On Jul 21, 2022
Ok12345:

It wasn't funny ooo
I don't take loans anymore oo,it is better I die of hunger than collect from loan sharks
onigbese
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mustiboy(m): 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

Thanks for your encouraging words. God is at work

He asked you to DM him your account number.

Don't dull, ma.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by princewarri1985: 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2022
Am i the only one who did not understand what this OP wrote? or is it a crime to be broke in Nigeria??
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Talentempire: 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2022
I was mocked to a point that sucide was the only thing ringing in my head

I suffered a serious financial challenge
my husband and myself were practically begging to feed

I felt life was just against us
It got to a level that the money issues was not as hurtful as the mockery from close friends and family.

Today I sit on wealth
The table has been turned in my favour

Many of the people who mocked me then are hiding their faces in shame

Some are shamelessly calling my husband and I for financial help.

My brother believe in your God and TIME .
it shall end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Babalola0920: 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2022
She gat nothing on you NEXT TIME speak to her first before reporting her to anyone else
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by prciouschika(f): 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
sisisioge:
Hmmmm

Better not to pay her any attention but it's ok to think of what she said if it bothers you.....would you like to change it or continue to roll within that circle? You are obviously a better person than her but disadvantaged. Better get your hands busier to ease your predicament. You will laugh last.

I used to be incredibly skinny and hated when people pointed it out. In fact, it got to a point that I was spending all my allowance on protein milkshakes and other foods to add weight. This might sound trivial but it was my biggest bother then and I took care of it. Again, if your state bothers you, take care of it while pretending that madam mockery is just giving you a feedback from her perceptive. Good luck darling....we need a e-hug emogen.

Please what type of protein milkshake and other food did you take I'm tried of people telling me how skinny I am......Kindly help a sister
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Parizz: 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
sisisioge:

Omoh! I no skinny nor chubby o, I'm inbetween and giving my former critics something to wish for grin
do you have big ass?
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by prciouschika(f): 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
cheesy please tell me what you are to add weight
sisisioge:

Omoh! I no skinny nor chubby o, I'm inbetween and giving my former critics something to wish for grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Ok12345(f): 2:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
Parizz:
onigbese

Lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Reasonable4me: 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2022
been making music from day one
People be calling me wayward
Nobody believed in me
Nobody wanted to give me a chance
You guessed it right
I was in distress
For treating me without no conscience

Yes, I know what you're talking about
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mumben(f): 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
gaby:

Check your mail

I have replied you
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Anndrew(m): 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

grin grin grin grin :D6
Wotowoto ooo
Lolz just dey swama dey go
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by GoodIsGod: 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2022
I can relate well with your matter.
I am an introvert myself and I have been mocked several times. But God has always shown Himself afterwards.
Just keep living your life. Ignore the foolish woman even when she confronts you face to face. Just walk away as if you don't notice she exists. It makes people like her wanna die.

I have been lied against several times and mocked for what I am not or what I didn't do. But my only consolation has always been prayer and it has never failed.

I wish I am rich like I desire to be. Na to just DM you wire something to you asap, but son of man too needs help. grin
May God come through for us.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Anndrew(m): 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2022
naija4life247:
Be a true woman, go there are beat up the nuisance. If it's a guy that is messing up, your husband would have gone to treat his fucck up. But in this instance, it is your duty to go and teach the nuisance a bitter lesson. Go and put on your jeans knicker, wear bra, wear top bra, pit on an inner singlet, then wear a thick top. Go there are keep the idiot shut forcefully.
Bobo Chicago,Take it easy..this was how pablo escobat started..
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Viking007(m): 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2022
Kasdat5:
It's an everyday something , esp in my kind of hustle , I careless about any of them , Sha let my money complete , else na there the Russia / Ukraine go start
Let me guess. You’re a full time bolt driver? cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Prozico22(m): 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
nest time she does that tell her this
las las we all do die both the rich and the poor
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Exmilitant(m): 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

Reporting to a deity is not an option for me.
it should if you want to humble your enemies. Sometimes people need to learn the hard way.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Samskid310(m): 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2022
The day landlord sent me parking from my lodge in uniben,course mates and school mates were mocking me and all of them refused to accommodate.
Looking back now,I had the last laugh cos this same people are in my dm pasting account number for urgent $10

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Kasdat5(m): 3:00pm On Jul 21, 2022
Viking007:
Let me guess. You’re a full time bolt driver? cheesy

I'd prefer you say traveller
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by hassinho707(m): 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:

Thank you, maybe it's getting to me cos I am an introvert and by nature, we overthink things.
Things like this happen everyday. Don't let it weigh you down.

Remove your mind and focus on productive things, better days are ahead
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by millionboi(m): 3:16pm On Jul 21, 2022
Ok12345:
The day lapo people drag me for clothes reach their office, na that day I stop to collect loan,it was a life changing decision.

Sorry madam ehn
loan be like gamble,e dey hard to quit
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by spiceadole: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mumben:
Good afternoon N'lders, so we had a compound meeting with d landlord yesterday. Note that d landlord doesn't stay with us.

During the meeting, a female married neighbor raised some complaints about another neighbor whose family are in the habit of wasting water in d compound. Their tap head is spoilt but they refused to repair it, when water is pumping, they can leave their tap on overnight and so on. My husband was also confirming what d neighbor was saying.

During the meeting, the said woman whose family was wasting water came in and was
making some side remarks and even asked the Landlord why he had to call the meeting. The landlord didn't reply but rather asked her to leave the meeting. Am sure this angered her

When she came back from her business place in the night, from the gate she started raining insults on the woman that reported her, my husband,my children and myself. I have never been so humiliated in my life. Of a truth, we re going through financial challenges at the moment and it's telling on us. She called me a skeleton, my children kwashiorkor and my husband she called a Nobody. We were inside while she kept ranting and ranting outside, she later went inside her house and continued her rant from there. She said so many unprintable things to us but by God's grace we didn't even step out not to talk of replying her.

My great n'land family, is the woman wrong to have reported her? and am I wrong to have kept quiet while she humiliated and mocked my family for being poor?

Any advice for me cos I am broken

I can feel your pain. But don't let it this get to you.
I understand how it feels to be mocked.
Mine was even worse because it came from my parents.
My father mocked me every time I failed to gain admission into medical school..I tried 4 times..after I succeeded,he proceeded to mock me about being dull and will be unable to complete it.But to his disappointment,I graduated.Next,he started mocking me as being a quack doctor.
My mother was not left out.She specialized in mocking me for being single when my age mates started getting married at 25. She continuously mocked me until she pushed me out.

Today,all that is history.
I am married with 3 kids and practising in UK.

Don't worry, may that mockery turn to blessings for you and your family.
Upliftment and breakthrough shall locate you soon.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2022
Park and leave the yard or be a responsible tenant and fix the tap. You will see that the conflicts will disappear and your errant neighbor will respect you, quarrels will reduce.

Dont come to nairaland and advertise your stinginess and immaturity. How much is tap head, not more than 500 naira.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Ppp1p: 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
I don’t play around
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by francybod: 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2022
Infact, especially when you have a floor slide in front of your hater, you will almost cry in your room.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All About Babies / Should Nigeria Limit Children Born Into Each Family In This Economy? / Be Discrete With Your Moves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.