Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,921 members, 7,821,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences (22451 Views)

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. / When I Was Pregnant, I Was Mocked, Suspended By Church - Female SUG President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by UptownVibes(m): 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
You did the right thing by not reacting. Just ignore her and see as like the fool she is.. Tomorrow is pregnant, she might come beg your for help tomorrow. So,just be calm and focus on making money ..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mumben(f): 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
DenreleDave:

It feels normal to be broken after such insults...... People hate the truth.....

Normally if I were to be your husband, I would nt have said anything....

I have studied people and realized that they hate anytin truth....

Encourage your husband next time not to interfere in such matter... Don't worry God will raise you up and your family will build one soon by God grace
Amen to your prayer and thanks for ur kind words

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by DenreleDave(m): 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2022
Mumben:

Amen to your prayer and thanks for ur kind words

You are loved
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Framel: 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

grin grin grin grin cheesy
Wotowoto ooo

When is your next HIV test appointment?

It's mid July already.

Have you considered North Korea as an alternative option, since you hate us that much but still foolish enough to keep applying for visa to a country you detest.

Isn't that MADNESS?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by MufasaLion: 8:19pm On Jul 17, 2022
sisisioge:
Hmmmm

Better not to pay her any attention but it's ok to think of what she said if it bothers you.....would you like to change it or continue to roll within that circle? You are obviously a better person than her but disadvantaged. Better get your hands busier to ease your predicament. You will laugh last.

I used to be incredibly skinny and hated when people pointed it out. In fact, it got to a point that I was spending all my allowance on protein milkshakes and other foods to add weight. This might sound trivial but it was my biggest bother then and I took care of it. Again, if your state bothers you, take care of it while pretending that madam mockery is just giving you a feedback from her perceptive. Good luck darling....we need a e-hug emogen.

Seems you're no more incredibly skinny. So are you still skinny or chubby now?
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by sisisioge: 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2022
MufasaLion:

Seems you're no more incredibly skinny. So are you still skinny or chubby now?

Omoh! I no skinny nor chubby o, I'm inbetween and giving my former critics something to wish for grin

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by MufasaLion: 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
sisisioge:

Omoh! I no skinny nor chubby o, I'm inbetween and giving my former critics something to wish for grin

I dig. grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by wis3(m): 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2022
DenreleDave:

U too watch nollywood.... Chai

Must sumtin like death always happen whne two people go physical.. Must someone always slump?

You didn't even raise the concern that what if she herself slumped... God forbid....

Nollywood don make una bliv say the one attacked always slump grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin people are frustrated o. So many people trying to pin their generational problems on your head at the slightest opportunity they have.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by NoToPile: 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
Ok12345:
The day lapo people drag me for clothes reach their office, na that day I stop to collect loan,it was a life changing decision.

Sorry madam ehn

Lapo people can be so mean, Chai I fear those guys, the day they embarrassed one of my subordinates Choi, and she was not the one that collected loan, she was one of the guarantors. When others were narrating the story to me ehn it was not nice.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by NoToPile: 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2022
@Mumben it's good you ignored her, all the energy she's using to rant she should have used it to repair tap and stop wasting water, tap of how much, in fact the fact that they prefer wasting water that replacing their tap tells a lot about their kind of person.

Terrible neighbors.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by udeh3(m): 6:00am On Jul 18, 2022
Ok12345:

It wasn't funny ooo
I don't take loans anymore oo,it is better I die of hunger than collect from loan sharks

Taking loans without clear vision and project tied to that loan with atmost discipline is like reporting oneself to the devil

Loan is good, but to what purpose and interest?

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by cayorday89(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2022
udeh3:

Taking loans without clear vision and project tied to that loan with atmost discipline is like reporting oneself to the devil

Loan is good, but to what purpose and interest?
Life happens, it's not a straight forward something...
@mumben,the best reply is you keeping silent, they are not any better, if not replacing the tap is a better option than living water to waste and pumping it every now, then wasting electricity units. God will uplift us all...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Exmilitant(m): 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2022
DenreleDave:

How come your deity can't take your out of your militant life? Is it so dumb to only welcome mocking or embarrassment case but wunt better your life grin grin grin grin grin
Lol. You know nothing John Snow.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Klass99(f): 8:32pm On Jul 18, 2022

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Ndidi2: 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
Mumben:

Reporting to a deity is not an option for me.
Report her to God.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mumben(f): 9:04pm On Jul 18, 2022
Klass99:

How can the husband mind his business when what is happening affects him too? He did nothing wrong by confirming a truth to their landlord during the meeting.

It is as if you have never jammed co-tenants who are just troublesome without cause or justification. The ones that will push your clothes from your own rope/line to spread their clothes, rope that you bought with your money and put outside.

Or is it the saboteurs who will never contribute fuel money to pump water, but will deliberately leave their bathroom taps on and go out to spite others for calling them out, so all the water you are pumping is wasting away and the water tank is not filling up because of them.

Please free that man he did not do anything wrong, that woman is just vile. What stops her from fixing the tap head to save everyone (including herself) the water loss?

If I was the landlord she will not last long in my property, because the tap head is an indication of her careless and negligent attitude. I shudder to think of what the rest of her flat looks like now or what it will look like, when she moves out.

You understand d situation very well, the truth is other co_tenants are afraid to call her out cos she is very troublesome. Even her husband is scared of her. She is d only tenant in that compound that openly insults her husband. Infact, if she is insulting her husband from their flat, d whole neighborhood will be aware cos she will be shouting at the top of her voice. Truth is, d man is a very quiet gentleman. I honestly don't know how he's been coping with his wife's attitude.

On several occasions, d husband will come back and call d wife on phone, she won't come out to open d gate for him until d man calls my
husband to open d gate for him. There was a time my husband travelled but d man was not aware so when he got to d gate, he called my husband to help him open d gate. My husband had to call me on phone to please help open d gate for the man and d wife was comfortably inside faking sleep. Which woman goes to bed without waiting for her husband to return? My dear, d story too much.

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Klass99(f): 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2022

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by coputa(m): 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2022
sisisioge:

The best form of revenge is to be successful.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by coputa(m): 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2022
sisisioge:

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Acidosis(m): 7:42am On Jul 19, 2022
Klass99:

How can the husband mind his business when what is happening affects him too? He did nothing wrong by confirming a truth to their landlord during the meeting.

It is as if you have never jammed co-tenants who are just troublesome without cause or justification. The ones that will push your clothes from your own rope/line to spread their clothes, rope that you bought with your money and put outside.

Or is it the saboteurs who will never contribute fuel money to pump water, but will deliberately leave their bathroom taps on and go out to spite others for calling them out, so all the water you are pumping is wasting away and the water tank is not filling up because of them.

Please free that man he did not do anything wrong, that woman is just vile. What stops her from fixing the tap head to save everyone (including herself) the water loss?

If I was the landlord she will not last long in my property, because the tap head is an indication of her careless and negligent attitude. I shudder to think of what the rest of her flat looks like now or what it will look like, when she moves out.

I think we all agree that the woman is vile and maybe senseless but what can he do in this instance? Embrace violence with a razz woman?

I've learnt never to engage such people. If you want to waste water, I will help you waste it after securing an alternative for my household.
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Acidosis(m): 7:50am On Jul 19, 2022
Mumben:

You understand d situation very well, the truth is other co_tenants are afraid to call her out cos she is very troublesome. Even her husband is scared of her. She is d only tenant in that compound that openly insults her husband. Infact, if she is insulting her husband from their flat, d whole neighborhood will be aware cos she will be shouting at the top of her voice. Truth is, d man is a very quiet gentleman. I honestly don't know how he's been coping with his wife's attitude.

No, they are not.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mumben(f): 8:27am On Jul 19, 2022
Acidosis:

I think we all agree that the woman is vile and maybe senseless but what can he do in this instance? Embrace violence with a razz woman?

I've learnt never to engage such people. If you want to waste water, I will help you waste it after securing an alternative for my household.
Well, ur approach isn't that good cos it will amount to turning a blind eye to what you know deep down is bad. For God's sake this is somebody's property we re talking about, how can a pumping machine be running through out nonstop anytime there is light even if d light stays for 12 hours. The efficiency of the machine has even reduced due to overlabour and mind you this is the second sumo in 4 years. Now what if you are d landlord in this case, will u be happy to keep replacing sumo every now and then?

For the records, my husband did not engage her, it was another neighbor who reported her and my husband only affirmed what the neighbor said. She is obviously angry cos my husband didn't cover up for her cos we r of d same tribe but when it comes to doing the right thing, tribal sentiments shouldn't come into play.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Acidosis(m): 9:42am On Jul 19, 2022
Mumben:

Well, ur approach isn't that good cos it will amount to turning a blind eye to what you know deep down is bad. For God's sake this is somebody's property we re talking about, how can a pumping machine be running through out nonstop anytime there is light even if d light stays for 12 hours. The efficiency of the machine has even reduced due to overlabour and mind you this is the second sumo in 4 years. Now what if you are d landlord in this case, will u be happy to keep replacing sumo every now and then?

For the records, my husband did not engage her, it was another neighbor who reported her and my husband only affirmed what the neighbor said. She is obviously angry cos my husband didn't cover up for her cos we r of d same tribe but when it comes to doing the right thing, tribal sentiments shouldn't come into play.

Like I mentioned earlier, we all know the problematic tenant in the compound. My approach is not that good but it's the most practical approach to avoid insults. Your husband affirming what a neighbor said in her presence tells me that you guys must have called her attention to the leaking tap long before the landlord intervened.

A better approach would be to sound a note of warning in the meeting that if the borehole ever gets bad due to frequent use, leakages, etc. you guys won't be contributing a dime. This may attract more side talks but that's how to deal with such people.

My kind of person would ignore after that warning and wait till the borehole gets bad. I'm a plan B, C, D, and even F kind of person. Na when borehole spoil we go know the most powerful.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mumben(f): 10:44am On Jul 19, 2022
Acidosis:

Like I mentioned earlier, we all know the problematic tenant in the compound. My approach is not that good but it's the most practical approach to avoid insults. Your husband affirming what a neighbor said in her presence tells me that you guys must have called her attention to the leaking tap long before the landlord intervened.

A better approach would be to sound a note of warning in the meeting that if the borehole ever gets bad due to frequent use, leakages, etc. you guys won't be contributing a dime. This may attract more side talks but that's how to deal with such people.

My kind of person would ignore after that warning and wait till the borehole gets bad. I'm a plan B, C, D, and even F kind of person. Na when borehole spoil we go know the most powerful.

I get ur point
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by GloriousGbola: 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2022
Klass99:

This woman Ayam suspecting you jare. This narrative does not match your mainted lekki mini estate. grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by GloriousGbola: 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2022
Acidosis:

This sounds like a Nigerian solution.

The reason why we are in so much shit. This cannot work.

We have a clown in our neighbourhood who has not paid dues for the last 10 years. So maybe we should all stop paying dues, get rid of security, leave gate open and wait for the night of a terrible robbery incident so that one ediat will get sense?

Rather than force a 5k solution, allow the situation to degenerate to a 150k solution (that's how much you may pay for the pump). And as for the inconvenience of no running water.

This is Cutting off your nose to spite the face of the neighbourhood ediat.

No talk like this my guy.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by GloriousGbola: 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2022
Klass99:

In our case we called her out and ganged up against her on a Saturday morning for the attitude and water sabotage I described. The gang up was not even planned, it just happened in the heat of the moment when she refused to contribute her share for fuel, again.

We almost beat her and her fiance, who often visited and slept over at her place. Shortly after that Saturday she moved out, na for midnight around 12am/1am she pack her things, by 5am before sunrise, she and her fiance drove out of the compound.

The real Avengers assemble right there!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Acidosis(m): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

This sounds like a Nigerian solution.

The reason why we are in so much shit. This cannot work.

We have a clown in our neighbourhood who has not paid dues for the last 10 years. So maybe we should all stop paying dues, get rid of security, leave gate open and wait for the night of a terrible robbery incident so that one ediat will get sense?

Rather than force a 5k solution, allow the situation to degenerate to a 150k solution (that's how much you may pay for the pump). And as for the inconvenience of no running water.

This is Cutting off your nose to spite the face of the neighbourhood ediat.

No talk like this my guy.

Well, personally, I don't like too much talk and neighborhood confrontations. I don't think mere talking or shouting like the vile woman in OPs narration will solve the problem. The easiest solution would be to evict her but this is not going to be easy either. We have read stories of how tenants terrorize landlords here. So what can a co-tenant do?

I haven't had a similar experience with the op but the closest I remember, I simply relayed my grievances to the landlord and when I realized that my issues were left unaddressed, I jejely moved out of the property. I left the house with a lesson (never to share electricity bill with anyone).

Na make we no jam crazy tenants sha.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Klass99(f): 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2022
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Klass99(f): 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Klass99(f): 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2022
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by GloriousGbola: 10:08pm On Jul 19, 2022
Klass99:

Lol cheesy common go and sit down jare, na you sabi.

Have you lived in one place and in one accommodation all your life? You no dey migrate?

That was my first flat/accommodation on my own and by myself. It was an interesting and educating life experience walahi.

Shared accommodation always has k leg. No matter how much you plan. You can have some extremely dirty arse holes. I remeber once in uni, this guy cleaned and washed his part of the room, and the next thing someone started cutting yam on the floor.

I was always very organised and I always fetched a keg of water the night before. One morning there was no water, everyone was running helter-skelter. When I was good and ready I reached for my keg and it was empty. And the fucking arse hole was like ehn, what's the big deal, I will get you your water later

As for nepa meter matter - all I will say is the fights between our business partners over energy bills ehn

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All About Babies / Should Nigeria Limit Children Born Into Each Family In This Economy? / Be Discrete With Your Moves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.