Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) (28406 Views)

How Do You Feel When Your Wife Suddenly Starts Looking Older Than You? / How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Escobar7(m): 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:
I will go straight to the point and make this brief. Recall this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6990203/should-marry
On March this year I got a job as ICT officer in a firm which made me move to Lagos ,we are super excited about this development and everything working out fine (No relationship is perfect, understanding kept us going)

I served in a university, towards completion of my service year, I accomodated a guy who got to know about us
One day we were in a arguement of dating or marrying someone older than you.
I stood my ground that I can marry irrespective of age, provided it is what I want
The guy came to conclusion that it seems my spouse is older than me, we laughed over it (That ends it)

Secondly my friend Davidson that live in the same compound who is done with his studies, working while waiting on NYSC.
I told him about my woman , how I love her and ready to settle down as soon as things go as planned for me (he have seen her visited once but they never met)
He asked me if she work, I told him
He asked of her age, I JUST TOLD HIM THAT SHE IS A BIT OLDER THA ME.

While discussing with my woman last night , I was assuring her how much I love her irrespective of anything then I pointed out the two above incidence
To my greatest surprise she became angry eith me
In her words
a) She detest dating underage, how she found herself in this mess she can't tell

b) I should go ahead and tell my mum and elder brother (they just talk via phone) and even all my friends

c) I make her look desperate, that she is loosing interest already

d) I insulted her and she can't trust me again

NOTE
a) I promised her that no one will know of the age difference even if they know she is older

b) I never mentioned her age to these people or the age gap

My crime is that I admitted that she is older and I am proud and love her wholeheartedly

I don't see this working out again
I feel so belittled
Gosh

It is either you tell her you don't want her again because of her age or you tell yourself the truth that you are really too young to date her.
Bringing up the issue of her age anytime you have your talks with her reeks of immaturity, she will definitely feel insecure, and prolly insulted where she the hot headed type. You have no need bringing up her age with your friends or family if you really love her and wanted to stay with her, who has to and cares to know her age as far as you are concerned, if she is good to you.
Dude man up and make a choice.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Calebgee07(m): 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
I for like buy you stout . Your head too dey there

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by surequality: 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
Our leaders should be ban from going to abroad/other countries for meetings.
Who get sense go understand.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Excel70: 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
sisisioge:
grin grin grin

You guys will not kill me. It is a sensitive matter for her....bad enough that she got into it without knowing, worse that you're discussing it with your friends. I remember mistakenly dating a guy who is 2yrs younger. We are in the same professional space and he is way better than me. We had been at this date me I no date you I date you briefly for about 8yrs before he came clean with the age difference thing to me. It was mad o....I just dont like the idea of being older than him even though it didnt seem so and I never suspected for 8years! The moment he told me, I just wasnt really interested anymore. Yes it is silly but it is what it is.

Biko stop discussing the matter with people...she sef should stop dating children tongue. Sorry, had to throw that punch in so you could see how it feels wink

You are worse than op. You are accusing the op wife of being a paedophile

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Honestfrend: 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
OneCandleAway:

Not all women age faster.

It's not written anywhere on them until d time comes.. Besides how do u know that urs won't?

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by kunle75(m): 6:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:
I will go straight to the point and make this brief. Recall this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6990203/should-marry
On March this year I got a job as ICT officer in a firm which made me move to Lagos ,we are super excited about this development and everything working out fine (No relationship is perfect, understanding kept us going)

I served in a university, towards completion of my service year, I accomodated a guy who got to know about us
I stood my ground that I can marry irrespective of age, provided it is what I want
The guy came to conclusion that it seems my spouse is older than me, we laughed over it (That ends it)

Secondly my friend Davidson that live in the same compound who is done with his studies, working while waiting on NYSC.
I told him about my woman , how I love her and ready to settle down as soon as things go as planned for me (he have seen her visited once but they never met)

While discussing with my woman last night , I was assuring her how much I love her irrespective of anything then I pointed out the two above incidence
In her words
a) She detest dating underage, how she found herself in this mess she can't tell

b) I should go ahead and tell my mum and elder brother (they just talk via phone) and even all my friends

NOTE
a) I promised her that no one will know of the age difference even if they know she is older

My crime is that I admitted that she is older and I am proud and love her wholeheartedly

I feel so belittled
Gosh

She is insecure and very selfish, I don't see good marriage down the line.
Why is she mad at you about letting your family knows about her age?
I was in this type of situation sometimes ago and I told her point blank if you don't want me to tell my family about us.
I have moved on and now she is calling but am not really interested again self.

Move on bro

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by ahaika23: 6:59pm On Aug 30, 2022
You talk too much.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Trueprophet91: 7:00pm On Aug 30, 2022
pocohantas:

Don’t you men remind women of who is older and the captain everyday? So what is wrong with reminding una once in a while? grin

As for young guys, especially the ones U-33, THEY DON’T HAVE SENSE 99% of the time. It is even worse in this generation.

Ordinary 22yrs old girl would comfortably and easily get a Ned to comport himself and do her bidding.

Women on the average mature emotionally faster than men (redpillers can argue this- their business). So why do you think a younger guy can make sense to an older woman? She is years ahead emotionally and very few guys can meet up. I am sure most women that have been with them would be getting the feeling because many act like they need complan abi pacifier.

On top of that they talk too much! It is like a trophy that an older woman is submitting to them. Everything is an ego trip for men. That's the only reason this one is talking chochocho. The whole Nigeria must know an older woman is coming to cook efo riro for him.

As for his babe, she should get a grip of herself. It is not going to be a secret forever.

Peace!

Chuckles...

Ain't nothing peaceful about what you wrote up there grin
That's pure and applied vawulence cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by shortgun(m): 7:00pm On Aug 30, 2022
Don't marry her, she will never respect you or regard you.
Women only respect men who are older than them... there's no scientific evidence to back it up but it is what it is.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Kirkman: 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
Just allow her be and don't try calling or contacting her. I know it's hard but you are the spec and prize in this situation. Let's hope she turns around eventually and back to her senses. In a way this is an eye opener for you about whom you plan to settle down with .

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by IamMobisola(f): 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
You talk too much and doesn'tlook like you can keep a secret, that's one problem you have.
You are the type that doesn't know how to keep a sensitive/private discussion or topic private. You can as well tell your entire family and all your neighbours plus your colleagues at work that the lady you are dating is older than you.

It doesn't matter if you date someone younger, they will definitely have a problem with this character of yours. When you a person talks too much, they end up saying things they shouldn't put out in public.

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Offpoint1: 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2022
VlamesIffect:
grin grin grin why you sef no lock up...you dey talk too much....

See ehn I've dated ladies wey i senior...even when they later find out them no believe grin grin all na maturity...babe wey dey look up to me as her elder brother...the respect ehn, even till today....when she found out say she use 3 years senior me.... she was on my laps.....she no fit stand up...but it is what it is.....if you were mature enough i assure you it wouldn't have made a difference.....women love a man that is in control that's all....have money or not be a man & be in control & no dey talk too much.....

As e be now...if i be you i go sit her down talk sense into her head....then leave am no push am....if she no respond take am as loss but learn from am no fvck up next time...
What the hell is "f" doing on your moniker?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Codes151(m): 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
Your just Causing problem where there is none.

And you have a useless friend

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by OneCandleAway(f): 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
Honestfrend:

It's not written anywhere on them until d time comes.. Besides how do u know that urs won't?

You'll know from the stature. Though stress is also another factor. If a woman is over stressed she'll age fast. But if you as a man try to reduce the stress she goes through while being married then she would never age fast.

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Codes151(m): 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
IamMobisola:
You talk too much and doesn'tlook like you can keep a secret, that's one problem you have.
You are the type that doesn't know how to keep a sensitive/private discussion or topic private. You can as well tell your entire family and all your neighbours plus your colleagues at work that the lady you are dating is older than you.

It doesn't matter if you date someone younger, they will definitely have a problem with this character of yours. When you a person talks too much, they end up saying things they shouldn't put out in public.
and this too

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by IamMobisola(f): 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2022
Kirkman:
Just allow her be and don't try calling or contacting her. I know it's hard but[b] you are the spec and prize in this situation[/b]. Let's hope she turns around eventually and back to her senses. In a way this is an eye opener for you about whom you plan to settle down with .

Just imagine this kind of backward mentality here. Age shaming a woman.
So because she is older than him, that makes him the prize and spec for her to be desperate enough to come back to? Lmao. This is exactly why she left in the first place, you and OP thinking he is doing her a favor by dating her.
Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and a lot of other beautiful female celebrities are married to men they are older than and yet the world didn't fall apart for them.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by aujile(m): 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:

In her words

NOTE

I feel so belittled
Gosh
Like i always say "age is just a figure" if don't mind, it won't matter. But you see this particular babe you claim to be in love with? Just thank God that this incidence happened.
She only accepted you because she doesn't see another better option. Saying that you make it feel as if she's despirate actually spells out her respiration.
She won't respect you if both of you finally get to settle down, because she's already seeing you as a small boy by calling you under-age.
She doesn't believe a woman should be older than her man so to her it's a shame on her part.

Forget the feelings and move on, if not na agony for the rest of your life.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Owopariola001: 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:

In her words

NOTE

I feel so belittled
Gosh

Don't allow her to manipulate you. If she's not ready to fight to have you, she's not for you.

Later when she starts misbehaving she will tell you, "you saw me before you marry me."

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Honestfrend: 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
OneCandleAway:

You'll know from the stature. Though stress is also another factor. If a woman is over stressed she'll age fast. But if you as a man try to reduce the stress she goes through while being married then she would never age fast.

My guy stress or no stress women from old faster than men... So if a lady senior a man chances re that it will b difficult for her 2 take care of the man wen they grow old.

Just at this Ned Nwoko for instance.. In less than how many years d small girl he married is now looking very mature.. Besides I don't think she is up 2 25years.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by arcbaba: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ok let me share my own story. I met my wife in the university, I later knew she was a year older so I hid my own age from her, lolz because I really loved her. when we got really serious I had to come clean she was mad at first that I made her waste her time and invest so much in the relationship but I took my time to prove that age was just a number.
So we decided to keep the age issue to ourselves the only person that spoke about it was our priest during marriage counselling, but we assure him we had gone past it years ago.
We never brought it up with our families today we are married for 8 years blessed with 3 beautiful kids. The age issue has never come up in our home, infact she is looking younger daily u will swear I am way older.
These days when we get to fill forms people look at us and ask we just tell them that's what love can do they just look surprised. We no longer hide it but our families still do not know.
This may not work for everyone but I am happy that married her! Its not been a perfect marriage but God has blessed us together.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by deltateam: 7:24pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:

In her words

NOTE

I feel so belittled
Gosh

Op you are childish and you talk too much. No discussion should make you disclose that your woman is older than you and telling her of it makes me feel you narrowly escaped being a slowpoke.

One thing I have come to understand is that whenever you say something, don't expect people to understand it the way you think they would, there's always another interpretation they can attach to it.

What she told you is her interpretation of it based on the fact you keep telling people of her being older than you, which makes it look like she trapped you into it.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by aujile(m): 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
Offpoint1:

What the hell is "f" doing on your moniker?
He forgot she's here to pretend as a female

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by RaptObserver: 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:

In her words

NOTE

I feel so belittled
Gosh

This is where you have the show your mental age and maturity as a man. No matter the age of a woman, there is that point they act the same way. Calm her down and continue. Don't make her remember she is older than you ever again and don't ever mention it to anyone. The most important things in marriage is not age. When you marry you will find out.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Carlylepneuma: 7:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
SUPERPACK:
If love is blind, marriage is an eye opener.
ide text u men..

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by SURElee(f): 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2022
You are a loud mouth.
Is it everything you know you say out?
Is it every question you are asked, you must answer?

Oya call your family members into it and the entire society. That is how family members will also step in to settle every issue later on in marriage.

Oga, grow up and be a man.

Own your choice and decision.

Is birth certificate/age a requisite for marriage?

Man is a man who doesn't need to be telling his partners age difference to nobody

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by ivolt: 7:44pm On Aug 30, 2022
Tales by moonlight.
What are you advertising @OP?

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Baamm(m): 7:48pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:

In her words

NOTE

I feel so belittled
Gosh
lols… wait till ur family know.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Kirkman: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2022
IamMobisola:

Just imagine this kind of backward mentality here. Age shaming a woman.
So because she is older than him, that makes him the prize and spec for her to be desperate enough to come back to? Lmao. This is exactly why she left in the first place, you and OP thinking he is doing her a favor by dating her.
Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and a lot of other beautiful female celebrities are married to men they are older than and yet the world didn't fall apart for them.
Contrary to your opinion what I meant was was that his peace of mind is of utmost importance to him rather than trying to prove to the lady that he's sorry and age is not a number but rather his love is able to see them through despite the age difference.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by deltateam: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2022
sisisioge:

We met when we were both getting inducted into a professional body like that. At that stage, age bracket was mostly plus or minus two....it was safe to match cos we finished school same year and had a lot in common. He is all taller and more advance too grin. Besides, when the age discussion came up, I told him mine and guy conveniently agreed its same birth year. I wasnt really into him then but we were always in and out of each other's lives. All the while, I had been vocal about not liking that kind of relationships whenever discussed it....funny, he was always asking me angry. Then when we got really seriously, he woke me in the middle of the night to confess. It was a big deal for me.

By then he don collect how many rounds? Chai. Dem must commot money from your bride price o.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Streett: 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
I prefer ‘em older ….

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Daxray07(m): 8:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
First, you talk too much. Secondly why do you have to rub it on her face that she's older than you even if she knows. Majority of the ladies I've ever dated were way older than me or same age because I hardly find the company of younger girls stimulating enough even I know they're some really intelligent and mature ones. Have confidence, be responsible and in charge. Women admire men that handle their business regardless of the age difference.
Just call her siddon and explain that you love and respect her, age is actually a number when it comes to maturity and respect but if she want to look down on you because dem first born her before you then let her go oh. A broken relationship is way better than a broken marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Exceed15: 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2022
This lady will give you problem if u married her.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married / Life At 30 When You're Not Married / Can You Allow Your Wife, Sister Or Girlfriend Work In A Hotel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.