Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,886 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) (28400 Views)

How Do You Feel When Your Wife Suddenly Starts Looking Older Than You? / How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by atinga1: 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2022
That lady is desperate, it's the only reason why she's still with you.
A woman who loves you won't get mad, just because you talked about her age with friends.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by We4all: 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2022
VlamesIffect:
grin grin grin why you sef no lock up...you dey talk too much....

See ehn I've dated ladies wey i senior...even when they later find out them no believe grin grin all na maturity...babe wey dey look up to me as her elder brother...the respect ehn, even till today....when she found out say she use 3 years senior me.... she was on my laps.....she no fit stand up...but it is what it is.....if you were mature enough i assure you it wouldn't have made a difference.....women love a man that is in control that's all....have money or not be a man & be in control & no dey talk too much.....

As e be now...if i be you i go sit her down talk sense into her head....then leave am no push am....if she no respond take am as loss but learn from am no fvck up next time...

Are you not supposed to be female? See as you cast yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by kissdreyalltime: 6:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
Age has nothing with relationships
What’s matter most is understanding...

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2022
SUPERPACK:
If love is blind, marriage is an eye opener.
my brother as Ndi German I have to say it already shows you have marry your principal … cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Asour: 6:07pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:
I will go straight to the point and make this brief. Recall this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6990203/should-marry
On March this year I got a job as ICT officer in a firm which made me move to Lagos ,we are super excited about this development and everything working out fine (No relationship is perfect, understanding kept us going)

I served in a university, towards completion of my service year, I accomodated a guy who got to know about us
One day we were in a arguement of dating or marrying someone older than you.
I stood my ground that I can marry irrespective of age, provided it is what I want
The guy came to conclusion that it seems my spouse is older than me, we laughed over it (That ends it)

Secondly my friend Davidson that live in the same compound who is done with his studies, working while waiting on NYSC.
I told him about my woman , how I love her and ready to settle down as soon as things go as planned for me (he have seen her visited once but they never met)
He asked me if she work, I told him
He asked of her age, I JUST TOLD HIM THAT SHE IS A BIT OLDER THA ME.

While discussing with my woman last night , I was assuring her how much I love her irrespective of anything then I pointed out the two above incidence
To my greatest surprise she became angry eith me
In her words
a) She detest dating underage, how she found herself in this mess she can't tell

b) I should go ahead and tell my mum and elder brother (they just talk via phone) and even all my friends

c) I make her look desperate, that she is loosing interest already

d) I insulted her and she can't trust me again

NOTE
a) I promised her that no one will know of the age difference even if they know she is older

b) I never mentioned her age to these people or the age gap

My crime is that I admitted that she is older and I am proud and love her wholeheartedly

I don't see this working out again
I feel so belittled
Gosh

Wow.

You're operating outside the norms. But you're expecting to have 'normal' experiences.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by bdon123(m): 6:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:
I will go straight to the point and make this brief. Recall this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6990203/should-marry
On March this year I got a job as ICT officer in a firm which made me move to Lagos ,we are super excited about this development and everything working out fine (No relationship is perfect, understanding kept us going)

I served in a university, towards completion of my service year, I accomodated a guy who got to know about us
I stood my ground that I can marry irrespective of age, provided it is what I want
The guy came to conclusion that it seems my spouse is older than me, we laughed over it (That ends it)

Secondly my friend Davidson that live in the same compound who is done with his studies, working while waiting on NYSC.
I told him about my woman , how I love her and ready to settle down as soon as things go as planned for me (he have seen her visited once but they never met)

While discussing with my woman last night , I was assuring her how much I love her irrespective of anything then I pointed out the two above incidence
In her words
a) She detest dating underage, how she found herself in this mess she can't tell

b) I should go ahead and tell my mum and elder brother (they just talk via phone) and even all my friends

NOTE
a) I promised her that no one will know of the age difference even if they know she is older

My crime is that I admitted that she is older and I am proud and love her wholeheartedly

I feel so belittled
Gosh
My spouse is older than me even though its difficult to notice.We hav been married for 7yrs wit a kid.
Wen i ask her to o jump,her reply is how high.
Only u know wat u need...even ur parents dont deserve any explanation as its ur life nt theirs.

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Cutehector(m): 6:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
Woman will give you issues. Stay away from emotionally unstable women.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Asour: 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2022
JASONjnr:

Good for you...

[b]Always go for ladies you're far older than... Say 5 to 6yrs older than..

That way, you will be in control
[/b]of the relationship and not give a 2oman the chance to always talk down on you because she will always see herself as someone that you should be calling aunty...

Stop thinking linearly.

There many young & stubborn ones around today.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Honestfrend: 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:

In her words

NOTE

I feel so belittled
Gosh

I believe age has a lot to do with relationships because as a man wen u grow old u will someone to take care of u.. But if ur wife is older than u it will be difficult because u know women old faster than men.. But I respect u decision though.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by ednut1(m): 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
So on her birthday una go still hide her age

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by OneCandleAway(f): 6:17pm On Aug 30, 2022
Honestfrend:

I believe age has a lot to do with relationships because as a man wen u grow old u will someone to take care of u.. But if ur wife is older than u it will be difficult because u know women old faster than men.. But I respect u decision though.

Not all women age faster.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Konjiboii: 6:17pm On Aug 30, 2022
She wants to guilt trip you so you will be the one acting desperate to marry. Alaye there's nothing wrong with what you did. If she insist of ending it then play along.
Na she go still come beg.
Grow some nuts

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by OhiOfIhima: 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
You shouldn't have discussed it with her that you have such discussion with colleagues. No matter d age difference, let it just btw you guys, in presence of others, you're the oldest. Well, women doesn't like discussing of the age tin, even though you senior her...
I was marveled to her outburst Sha... She should have understand and matured more in her utterance. Woman Sha, no one can predict them. Just apologies n let it slide.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Martinez39s(m): 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2022
SUPERPACK:
If love is blind, marriage is an eye opener.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Martinez39s(m): 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
Say "NO" to older women. undecided You can do better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Slydan204: 6:22pm On Aug 30, 2022
Sometimes certain things need 2 b left untold. esp ur private life. Where were all ths pple wen u were wooing ur hearthrob? U nd her always, its ur choice. Allow no damn nigger 2 choose 4 u

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Obidient4life3: 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:

In her words

NOTE

I feel so belittled
Gosh

Oga you did nothing wrong! That lady doesn't love you simple!

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by McCoy662(m): 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2022
Just STFU bro. The age thing is a very sensitive matter. Men must always be men and somehow they will always talk about it. The young lady feels like she has no option again and that's why she settles with a kid. If u are a man enough just shut up.
Would u be making reference to age whenever u want to reaffirm ur love for her if the reverse was the case? Like "even know I'm older than u, i would still love you with all my heart?"

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Nzeh12(m): 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:

In her words

NOTE

I feel so belittled
Gosh

Naturally, women dont feel comfortable with you telling people about this, they just want it to be between you 2.

My wife is older by 2 years and some months, my parents know but didnt like it at first till they met her. My parents now tell people age doesn't really matter. No body in her family knows tho. She wasn't comfortable at first, but I knew what I wanted and convinced her that it wasn't an issue to me, she just had to make sure it wasnt an issue to her. We both agreed that the age thing will not be a factor in the marriage, and today we have been able to manage it and it has never been an issue.

Discuss it and know you're ready, no matter the outcome. She might age faster than you, can you accommodate that? If she isn't the submissive type, then she might use the age against you.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by VicOlawo: 6:29pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good evening everyone, Please I'm in desperate need of a job. I'm a b.sc graduate from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Life has been tough ever since I rounded up service, that I've forgotten what it feels like to be happy.

Please kindly help me as God will grant you all your heart desires as well.

And willing to relocate.

CV, available on request.

msgvicgbadmus@gMAIL.COM

May God bless you abundantly as you consider helping me.
Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Richieniit: 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:

In her words

NOTE

I feel so belittled
Gosh

Oga you talk too much.. that's ur problem.
If you're ok with the idea of marrying someone older than you then good for you cos i am also ok with such notion but the idea of mentioning to ppl or giving them insight that ur woman is older than you tells a lot abt you. Shut ur mouth up! She's a woman so i understand her response an anger. Somethings are meant to be kept private and quiet

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Oceanjagaban: 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2022
It's better to date someone who is your senior than to date an underaged

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Prechgold1180(m): 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:

In her words

NOTE

I feel so belittled
Gosh
Chairman it’s because you are still struggling in life

Them nur born her well to reject person wey Dey well to do

Age is nothing

If u Dey watch zee world go watch vetica

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by baretalk: 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2022
Not everything you tell a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Maconstruct(m): 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
Use sweeter words in formatting and massaging her brain into giving into yr ideas while hyping her when nxt yr 1 on 1 with her.
If it is working yu will see it.
Otherwise, japa.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by vanhelsing1(m): 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
truthsayer009 p
[code:

[/code]ost=114837491]
M dear brother...She is naturally a disrespectful person....leave talk
I could somewhat agree with this statement, but I have a question. Isn't this going to be a recurring issue that keeps coming up?.

I tried to date someone older than me with a year, I can genuinely say she loved me because of the evidences I saw but omo the disrespect no be here oh. It was clear cut that she couldn't bring herself to respect someone younger.

I have asked women this questions offline too and the answer I get is that they cannot see themselves respecting a younger man.
Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by gabicon: 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:

In her words

NOTE

I feel so belittled
Gosh

I think you are hiding under your shadow, the age difference bothers you but you continually justify it in your head. And clearly it bothers the lady also. You guys need to revaluate your relationship and decided if age difference is a problem in the relationship because wether you like it or not, the subject is going to come up from time to time the outcome of that conversation will depend on how comfortable you are with the whole thing.

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by phemmyfour: 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2022
Gosh234:

In her words

NOTE

I feel so belittled
Gosh
Your problem is that you talk too much. No guarantee that you won't spill it in the nearest future again. People like you say what you don't need to say just to win an argument. Many NL are like that and they LL will still quote me to justify my point

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Akuruoulo(m): 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2022
I don't like reading simps write-up

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Daughterboard(m): 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2022
Age is very important in human relationships. The question of one's age will always pop up. If you can't discuss her then you don't belong there. Don't fvck with Biology.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by BigYash: 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
This op sef. The God that you serve is saving you from destruction, you're there speaking grammar. Make sure you run to church first thing Sunday morning to do Thanksgiving.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Right Finger For An Engagement Ring,third Or Fourth Finger From The Thumb?? / Man Sent To Prison For Failing To Marry A Lady He Got Pregnant In Lagos / A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.