Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! (20449 Views)

Poll: Are Pastor Tunde Bakare's prophecies truly from God?

Yes: 67% (80 votes)
No: 32% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Pictures From Pastor Tunde Bakare's 60TH BIRTHDAY / All GO's & Religious Leaders Must Go To Prison — Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 14, 2007
Not many of us were surprised to hear tunde bakare wake up from the blues and proclaim that Yar'adua was God's chosen president for us.

Was he not the same person that said that the april 19 elections would not hold, and all that bla bla bla, What's up with him now. Should we believe him?
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by leanfrost(m): 11:53am On Aug 14, 2007
well maybe he is trying to optimistic, i think he was saying the truth that elections was not going to as at April, for those of us in the East there was no election.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by leanfrost(m): 11:58am On Aug 14, 2007
well maybe he is trying to be optimistic, i think he was saying the truth that elections was not going to hold as at April, for those of us in the East there was no election.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by denex: 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2007
I couldn't have found a better topic for this issue. When I saw the topic of this thread, I almost laughed to death.

Is this not the same Tunde Bakare that said Obasanjo will die before swearing in 1999?

Though I'm not a Christian, Tunde Bakare was the only evangelist I used to listen to in the late 1990s till he condemned Obasanjo to death before swearing in.

I was infuriated! Not because of this proclamation alone, but the effect it has on the human psyche. Imagine all of us have parents. How would you feel if your father just got the best job he has ever worked for in his life only for one internationally acclaimed pastor to declare him dead before appointment? By divine vision.

Moreso, after all the psychological trauma, you find out it was just a lie.

It is bad. Real bad for a man of God.

Please he should keep his visions and testimonies to himself. They alway come out in opposites anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Seun(m): 12:23pm On Aug 14, 2007
Did you read it in a newspaper? Frankly, I'm surprised that the followers of Tunde Bakare are so gullible.
How can President Yar'adua, a devoted Muslim, be the Christian God's choice for leadership of this country?
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by uchetobi(f): 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2007
He said then that Obasanjo was not Niheria’s messiah, everybody crucified him then, but it turned out to be true, what is wrong in Y’adua being the right one cuz he is a Muslim, Anything can happen, he may even be converted, lets be slow to say harsh words against man of God, cuz u never knw
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2007
hi,

Tunde bakare na man of God oh!Make una mind as una dey take talk b/sc some careless talk may , God's wrath.
d problem with nigerians is that we dont like d truth but sugar coated lies.
did his prophecy about obj come 2 pass?Is obj not dead now?if not why is d international community treating him like IBB?
If u have eyes u will understand Bakare.
4 MI, I WILL SPEAK NO WRONG ABOUT HIM B/C MOST OF HIS PROPHECIES ARE REAL
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Seun(m): 12:53pm On Aug 14, 2007
uchetobi, you seem to have completely forgotten what he really said:
- He said Obasanjo was going to die before entering office. Obasanjo didn't die.
- He said Obasanjo was going to die in office. Obasanjo entered for a second term.

Saying "Obasanjo is not the messiah" is not a prophecy. It's bullsh*t. Obasanjo never claimed to be a messiah like Jesus Christ, he is just the president that helped us establish our democracy. Yes, Obasanjo was not perfect (he wanted a third term) but it doesn't take a prophet to see that. We all know that no president is a Messiah!
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by denex: 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2007
@uchetobi

he said Obasanjo was going to die before entering office. Go and ask him. It's even on video.

The man is a psychopath and crazed messenger of doom that never comes to pass.

The man of God curtain will not save him this time around, I will tell the truth, the guy is a publicity seeking LIAR no different from 50 cent and Eedris Abdulkareem.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by santony2k(m): 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2007
Do anyone have the link to the video or anything about this new prophecy? Some of the old one would be nice as well.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by uchetobi(f): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2007
well i never heard that but whateva lets just be cautious
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by denex: 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2007
@uchetobi

let's be cautious of Tunde Bakare and his Prophecies.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Orikinla(m): 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2007
God can use anybody and anything anytime to do His work.

Pastor Tunde Bakare was a Muslim before he was converted.

People with itching ears mishear and misquote messengers of God.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by denex: 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2007
The man made it very clear that Obasanjo was going to die before swearing in.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Temmie10(m): 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2007
Have you all never read the bible?

Or why are you so quick to condemn the man of God.

It is possible for a man of God to proclaim something and for it not to happen. There was Jonah.

I dun attend latter-rain but i happen to know that tunde bakare had said many years ago about a northern ruler bringing nigeria into a new phase so i wouldnt be surprised if that was yar adua.

secondly the issue about a christian prophecying that God would choose a muslim for the country. It is very possible. There are more muslims in nigeria and it only makes sense that a muslim should rule. The bible is full of pagan kings used by God, nebuchadnezer, xerxes etc
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by cyl(f): 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2007
[s]How can President Yar'adua, a devoted Muslim, be the Christian God's choice for leadership of this country?
[/s]
Im a christian and a devout believer in the fact that Nigeria has a great future but i strongly disagree with the belief that a muslim cannot be the one God chooses for this great country.Hes human and God uses things that seem as foolish to conform the wise, as for Pastor Bakare, The Bible says test all spirits.So do some testing before being hasty to jduge him, If hes a prophet of DOOM,then try Elisha, Beware of crucifying Men of God, Let God do that
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by deb(m): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2007
Did you read it in a newspaper?  Frankly, I'm surprised that the followers of Tunde Bakare are so gullible.
How can President Yar'adua, a devoted Muslim, be the Christian God's choice for leadership of this country?

We Nigerians usually miss the point here. The most important thing is that we have a God fearing
Person as the President of Nigeria. It doesn't matter if he's a christian or muslim as long as he is go fearing.

Tribe should not also be a factor. Integrity should be the watch word.

Every sunday in my own church we pray for President Yaradua,  Tell me whats wrong with that?
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Banderas(m): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2007
Deb, who made that DUMB posting about the will of God having to be a christian? That is simply foolish. God made every human being, regardless of religion, educational background or race. What we need is a wise and dedicated leader, NOT a christian leader. I will choose a wise dedicated muslim over a lazy and dodgy christian anyday.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by knotty(m): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2007
VENUE= WORD OF FAITH BIBLE CHURCH, NOMANSLAND KANO
YEAR= 1998

Pastor Bakare was guest preacher at the occasion. Just as mounted the rostrum he declared in plain, simple English `ABACHA HAD JUST RAD HIS LAST SPEECH AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA`
He went on to narrate that that word was from God and May he cease to have the anointing on his head should the word fail.
Two months later, truly, in an amazing fulfilment of prophecy, Abacha ate the forbidden apple and was despatched to Hades.
From thence, people trembled at the man’s word. So when he said Baba was going to die, he did not take it lightly. I am sure Baba had to do it the Ezekiel way. He too, turned to the wall and cried for mercy. He negotiated with God for 8more years. Unfortunately, the 8 years came too suddenly. So, Baba wanted three more years contrary to his plea bargain with EFCC of heaven.
In atonement Baba is back in convent, seeking for God’s face with math-set, ruler and pencils in some Egba primary school.
The question we should be asking now is what happened to the anointing on Bakare?
No doubt, he had it and perhaps still carries a tiny portion in his ARMANI DESIGNER SUITS. Vanity is the death knell of many destinies. I hope bros is not one of them.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by cgift(m): 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2007
There is something you guya are not getting. Like that poster siad, it is vry possibl for a prophecy to be made and it not come to pass. Why you may ask? Once it comes out, the people affected will hear it and they have a chanc to make adjustments. There are tow kinds of prophecies, the first will tell of things ordained to happen whethr any body likes it or not while the second are based on peoples actions that if this condition holds, thos is what will happen. So we need to understand the category of prophecy.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by knotty(m): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2007
VENUE= WORD OF FAITH BIBLE CHURCH, NOMANSLAND KANO
YEAR= 1998

Pastor Bakare was the  guest preacher at the occasion. Just as he mounted the rostrum he declared in plain, simple English `ABACHA HAD JUST READ HIS LAST SPEECH AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA`
He went on to narrate that that word was from God and May he cease to have the anointing on his head should the word fail.
Two months later, truly, in an amazing fulfilment of prophecy, Abacha ate the forbidden apple and was despatched to Hades.
From thence, people trembled at the man’s word. So when he said Baba was going to die, he did not take it lightly. I am sure Baba had to do it the Ezekiel way. He too, turned to the wall and cried for mercy. He negotiated with God for 8more years. Unfortunately, the 8 years came too suddenly. So, Baba wanted three more years contrary to his plea bargain with EFCC of heaven.
In atonement Baba is back in convent, seeking for God’s face with math-set, ruler and pencils in some Egba primary school.
The question we should be asking now is what happened to the anointing on Bakare?
No doubt, he had it and perhaps still carries a tiny portion in his ARMANI DESIGNER SUITS. Vanity is the death knell of many destinies. I hope bros is not one of them.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by uchetobi(f): 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2007
:-x
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Kemjisuper(m): 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2007
@Seun
Nigeria is made up of both Christians and Muslims alike. God has the right to choose whichever as the rightful leader of this country cos we are ONE! So Yar Adua's religious stance shouldn't be an issue. We've all been messed up far too much for that.

What we should be concerned about is whether or not he's beginning to make Nigerians happy with the man in Power.

Personally, I'm enjoying the sight and sounds of corrupt ex-governors behind bars. The rest coming in won't be as daring in their bad deeds I tell you. But only time will tell if it's all for real.

Cheers
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by tinu97(f): 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2007
pls don't ever judge a man of God. God has not put there judgement in our hands. For the bible says touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. who make you and I a judge over a man that God anoinited. See the bible says judge not for you shall be judge with greater condemnation. Please in this forum, lets leave anointed men and women of God alone so that we will not put upon ourselves curses unknown to us.

See I love all but I want us to be very careful so that the wroth of God will not fall on any one of us.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by BlackMamba(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2007
The Holy Spirit just revealed to me that Tunde Bakare will make many more crazy predictions, like most attention-seeking preachers normally do. Even if they never pan out, who cares. The goal is to remain relevant and con more Nigerians out of their meagre income in the name of religion.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Allta(m): 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2007
This post for me isn't meant to be controversial.

1. Tunde Bakare is a renowed "Man of God", just like most other Christians in Nigeria, at least every True Christian should be refered to as Men of God.

2. Every Man of God has the gift of prophecy of some form and some operate in that Dimension, at least this is what we believe.

3. Prophecies aren't Future Occurences, they are just divinely inspired utterances or revelations  fortelling or "predicting" what is to come. By the way, this is the Dictionary definition and not something I just coined from the Bible.

4. Do all Predictions necessarily come to pass, I will say no to that. I don't want to pick numerous examples from the Bible, but even in Daily life occurences, we predict things which necessarily don't have to come to pass. So if someone predict that if an Oyinbo chop Amala for Iya-Buka joint or if bitten by mosquito in Lagos, he's going to fall sick, that's doesn't necessarily have to happen. Yes, people die of Mosquitoes, but it necessarily doensn't have to happen!

5. If you's seen the New Jonny Cage movie "Next", I love his favourite words in that movie : "Everytime you look into the future, you change Something", Maybe Tunde Bakare, just like any other God Believing true Christian saw the future of OBJ, and just maybe OBJ realised something by running to other "Men of God" to change something about that Future. At least, millions of Nigerians prayed that April election should go through, millions fasted and cried, even the non-Christians wanted a "successful" election. God as Christians believed, hear the cries of his people and answer their prayers.

6. On the point that Muslim being God-sent, I think i'm happy with the answer someone gave on this one. But just to add to it, you don't have to be a Christian for "God" to use you. As Christians believes, if he can turn dry dead bones into a mighty Army, and use stones to replace even we humans, then we shouldn't question him on who to use in situations like these. As Nigerians, let's lot create a religious boundary, or an ethnic barrier amongst ourselves. It's high time Nigeria moved on!

Peace Out!
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by jaso1(m): 3:18pm On Aug 14, 2007
to me this man should be rated best among others! even if he criticised that papi will die and was prove otherwise, what i believed is that he's more emotional in real sense of things, having considered the comatoes stage of the country during papi regime. even that intimidation might have deviated papi from more devilish plan.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Carlosein(m): 3:20pm On Aug 14, 2007
This post for me isn't meant to be controversial.

1. Tunde Bakare is a renowed "Man of God", just like most other Christians in Nigeria, at least every True Christian should be refered to as Men of God.

2. Every Man of God has the gift of prophecy of some form and some operate in that Dimension, at least this is what we believe.

3. Prophecies aren't Future Occurences, they are just divinely inspired utterances or revelations  fortelling or "predicting" what is to come. By the way, this is the Dictionary definition and not something I just coined from the Bible.

4. Do all Predictions necessarily come to pass, I will say no to that. I don't want to pick numerous examples from the Bible, but even in Daily life occurences, we predict things which necessarily don't have to come to pass. So if someone predict that if an Oyinbo chop Amala for Iya-Buka joint or if bitten by mosquito in Lagos, he's going to fall sick, that's doesn't necessarily have to happen. Yes, people die of Mosquitoes, but it necessarily doensn't have to happen!

5. If you's seen the New Jonny Cage movie "Next", I love his favourite words in that movie : "Everytime you look into the future, you change Something", Maybe Tunde Bakare, just like any other God Believing true Christian saw the future of OBJ, and just maybe OBJ realised something by running to other "Men of God" to change something about that Future. At least, millions of Nigerians prayed that April election should go through, millions fasted and cried, even the non-Christians wanted a "successful" election. God as Christians believed, hear the cries of his people and answer their prayers.

6. On the point that Muslim being God-sent, I think i'm happy with the answer someone gave on this one. But just to add to it, you don't have to be a Christian for "God" to use you. As Christians believes, if he can turn dry dead bones into a mighty Army, and use stones to replace even we humans, then we shouldn't question him on who to use in situations like these. As Nigerians, let's lot create a religious boundary, or an ethnic barrier amongst ourselves. It's high time Nigeria moved on!

Peace Out!

thank you my broda. wink
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by CrazyMan(m): 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2007
Am beginning to suspect his prophecies. Why would a man of God lie just to make a name out of it? I remember the case of Obasanjo we he was about to be sworn in – in 1999.
He came out and predicted that Obasanjo would die. Now as a man of God he failed, he lied and was just looking for an opportunity to draw the public attention towards himself if Obasanjo eventually dies.

As a true man of God, if God shows you a vision that the president of your country would die, you are not to broadcast it. You are supposed to intercede for him. Pray to God privately to change his mind and not let him die.

But Tunde Bakare like I mentioned earlier wanted a name for himself. So I don’t think he is a man of God. His prophecies has already shown the whole public the kind of person he is.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by abacus(m): 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2007
May God forgive you all!

I think that is the only thing i can say, because Pastor did not send me to defend him or in trying to defend him I may misquote him myself.

I was in church on sunday, Pastor Sam Aiyedogbon was d guest Preacher, he was talking about mis-interpreting the Pastor (Pastor Bakare), that we should be careful and alas! He now said "Nobody sent me to say this, or talking on the Pastor's behave oooo , blah blah, ".
That is a man God, pastor Sam, he himself is careful in what he says, especially in Pastor Tunde's domain.

Now to you who started this thread, visit Latter Assembly website http://www.latterrainassembly.org/, we still have the full prophecies there, I believe you are a believer, dont mislead people because you too lazy to do some research.

I wont say more than these, so that I wont misyearn myself, tongue
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Allta(m): 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2007

to me this man should be rated best among others! even if he criticised that papi will die and was prove otherwise, what i believed is that he's more emotional in real sense of things, having considered the comatoes stage of the country during papi regime. even that intimidation might have deviated papi from more devilish plan.

Abi oO!

Nostrademous Allegedly predicted 2 large Birds will crash into a mighty/tall building as we read, if he had been more accurate/specific about the What Bird, What Building, Place, Date and Time, do you think US wouldn't stop all planes from flying on September 11? This is an example of what I'm saying that seeing the Future can change a lot of things around you. Maybe Baba changed somethings because of what Bakare said, maybe so many Nigerians prayed without season for Nigeria to still be together after April Election, based on what Bakare said.

So, let's not crucify the man, anyone should have the freedom to prophesy whatever they see , that will help us to change something about our future, ie. if we believe in such prophesy, but like I said, you have the freedom and choice not to believe in such prophecy/predictions, no one will crucify you for not believing, so don't crucify another person.

There is an unconfirmed story/theory/Hypothesis that American Intelligence heard of the Sept11 Terror plans, but they chose not to believe it's "technically" possible or viable, so one of the Intelligence officials discarded he information/intelligence.

For the records, I don't attend LatterRain, and I'm not a great fan of Bakare , some of these things are just common senses.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by cgift(m): 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2007
i guess abacus and allta have both put paid to this issue. well said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: / What Experience Have You Had That Made You Believe That God Is Real? / I Want To Give My Tithe To A Brother In Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.