Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! (20487 Views)

Poll: Are Pastor Tunde Bakare's prophecies truly from God?

Yes: 67% (80 votes)
No: 32% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Pictures From Pastor Tunde Bakare's 60TH BIRTHDAY / All GO's & Religious Leaders Must Go To Prison — Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by denex: 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2007
@dennylove

it is the same thing I told them O! Nobody should judge me in this nairaland again if you don't want to see the wrath of God!
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by yewaman1(m): 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2007
The usual practice in this part of the world is take what ever the
pastor or man of God says hook line and sinker,
we have to use our No.9 most times we hear this prophecies.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by vigasimple(m): 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2007
I don't know the background to this story and I have gone to Pastor Bakare's website.

I did not see anywhere he said that OBJ will die in 1999.

Everyone that call himself pastor or minister are not neccesary of God and God said that in the end time there would be false prophets. But is not our job to call a particular prophets a false one.

Even before end time, there has been and will always be false prophets.

Now coming back to Pastor Bakare, i don't know him and even if I do, I cannot call him false prophet as that is for God to decide.

The only hypotetical point I will contribute is that a man of God should not say about a leader going to die openly, he shoud pray and interceed on behalf of such leader even if the said leader is a tyrannt and should even pray for God to change him/her( the leader )and use such leader mightly for a great change. The God I serve can do that. The Pastor or prophet like isaiah should attempt to see such leader in confidence and not publicise the vision for personal glorification or gain.

To prophesise bad thing is like us criticising a minister of God, it is not good. The case of hezekiah and Isaiah is a good example. Isaiah told the king of God intention to Hezekiah and isaiah a great prophet of God told the King (in confidence) and the king prayed and he did not die.

The other issue is whoever God has choosen to be the leader does not matter his tribe, ethnicity or religion. There are muslim to christian convert and vice versa.

I am  a christian and proud of it but if I have a muslim or any other religion as the leader my job is to pray for them to excel.

Let us wake up and pray for our leaders including ministers and pastors and for them to be the true servants of human being and the Almighty God.

May God in his infinite mercies continue to bless our great nation Nigeria.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by samix(m): 11:56pm On Aug 14, 2007
its really devastating for some persons or group of persons ca just decide to judge a man of the MOST HIGH GOD. he never said in plain words that obasanjo would die before his swearing-in he only talked about the axe of GOD falling on him. Remember you hypocrites that when GOD left saul and david was annointed has the king saul did not die immediately, he still lived for many years and during hen the axe of GOD had already fallen on him.
Lets be very careful the way we judge men of the TRUE GOD
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by dachamp(m): 12:06am On Aug 15, 2007
@Allta

6. On the point that Muslim being God-sent, I think i'm happy with the answer someone gave on this one. But just to add to it, you don't have to be a Christian for "God" to use you. As Christians believes, if he can turn dry dead bones into a mighty Army, and use stones to replace even we humans, then we shouldn't question him on who to use in situations like these. As Nigerians, let's lot create a religious boundary, or an ethnic barrier amongst ourselves. It's high time Nigeria moved on!

You said it all bro

why!!! are you guyS judging MAN OF GOD God said,in the bible that we shld not JUDGE!!!He owns the GOOD and the EVIL,and does that ,that pleases HIM.for those who are condemning bakare 's prophecies, you guys shld BEWARE!!!.or else -------------------GOD fit shift una mouth go una back. Cheesy Grin Grin Shocked

Na wao!

Anyway, lets not take this issue of prophency too far, after all we're all entitle to our opinion.
Tunde Bakare, spoke his mind.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by valhalla: 12:22am On Aug 15, 2007
@most posts

Crap! Crap!! CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't belive this brain-washing crap is still effective, especially among young, vibrant and otherwise brilliant Nigerians!!
What is this crap about being careful about condenming a man of God? Who said a man of God cannot be lashed if he deserves to be

I mean haven't innocent peopl suffered enough in the hands of these purported men of GOd?

Do we really forget so easily, Jesu oyingbo, Rev King waren't these suppossed to be men of God? aren't their attrocities now legendary/

I cannot stomach this baba keepe, rankadede genuflective idiocy in the name of God!!! no way!

When did the proffession of God become the yardstick for knowing who truly is a man of God? only God that sees the heart can make such judement!!

I do not know if Pastor Bakare said what he has been quoted to have said or not. that's beside the point. what riles me is the attempt be some people here to affect attempts being made at interrogating his remarks just because he's suppossed to be a man of GOD!!!

CRAP!!!

This is what has led us to this depths as a country, and we must resist all attempts at sabotaging our rights to quetion people and their conducts, whether they are some effiing men of God or not!!!

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by dapsycool(m): 3:55am On Aug 15, 2007
Valhalla, i support you 100%, many Nigerian peeps can be funny, credulous and ****,@ all, whats the definition of "Man of God?" that ya'll talk about so much.
So if i own a church i'm a man of God and mustn't be yabbed, and if i don't i'm ordinary. Very funny
I'm a christian, don't care what Mr Tunde says, but don't say this and that about the "Man of God" they vex me seriously. angry Don't say what you don't know, It's only God who knows his men. Nigerians wake up!!!
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by denex: 5:08am On Aug 15, 2007
@samix

they never say it in plain words so that they can have flexibility in twisting the meanings according to how events finally unfold.

@valhalla

In fact, I've already made it clear that I am a man of God too so no idiot on Nairaland can challenge me.

I prophesy that a great passage way is going to collapse very soon.

This my vague prophecy can be read to mean anything. A train is derailed in Russia, I will claim it, bridge collapse in China or the USA, I will claim it. Internet crash in LA Airport, I will claim it. Mine cave-in in the USA, I will say I said it.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by otokx(m): 5:50am On Aug 15, 2007
Ask Fela? He will tell you that not much difference exists between politicians and pastors.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by seun001(m): 7:44am On Aug 15, 2007
otokx:

Ask Fela? He will tell you that not much difference exists between politicians and pastors.

much keee!!!
there is no difference!!!
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by denex: 7:53am On Aug 15, 2007
@seun001

there is no difference ke?

They are one and the same!
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Lorenxo(m): 9:06am On Aug 15, 2007
The book of Deutoronomy 18v18-23 says if whatever a prophet says on behalf of God did not come to past,then that prophet is not speaking on HIS behalf,meaning that prophet is fake.
This man of God has a history of speaking many prophesies that did not come to past so as far as I am concerned he is a fake prophet.
If you watch him very closely,those of his prophesies that came to past are at best predictions of political and current events as at the time he made the prophesies.This is what is known in science as forecasting based on certainty which any educated man who read newspaper every day can equally forecast.
He could be a good and radical Pastor but he should leave prophesy to only those to which it has been given.
He may have some contributions to the ministry of God services but he should know that "God's services is more than mere preaching" and that education and earthly enlightenment is not anointing,they are means of delivering the message of salvation.
If he is not sent ,he should not open his mouth to say he has been sent by God.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by ebos(m): 9:36am On Aug 15, 2007
Most people here would not stop to making me laugh. Tunde Bakare who said in March this year, no way for Yaradua would come yesterday to tell us again that the same Yaradua is the Messiah. Who said Tunder didn’t prophesize that Obasanjo would die in 1999? I was not a kid as at 1999, I have been buying newspapers as at then. I read the Magazine where Tunde said, after the vision, he cried and said why this should happen to Obasanjo, but God said to him that is the vision… He only saw the structure of Nigeria then and predicted that doom. Again, you guys are talking as if you don’t know Nigeria Pastors. In 1980s, we used to see all these herbalists along the streets performing magic for people, but today they have modernized it and taken to the churches because nobody patronized them again on the streets. Even during the Old Testament, any Prophet of God that prophesized doom against any King or Israelites, the Prophet would make it clear for the people, and if the King or the Israelites changed from his or their sinful ways, God would still tell the Prophet to go back and announce that because they had shown remorse, I (God) would not bring disaster against him again in his lifetime probably after his death. So, how many times Tunde Bakare has come back to tell Nigerians that God said since there is a remorse, this particular doom will no longer come to pass? Or this is the reason why God said that my prophesy against this person would not come to pass. Most so-called men of God are deceiving a lot of people. Open your eyes my people. The man is only dreaming. He has prophesised a lot things and no one has come to pass.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Allta(m): 9:58am On Aug 15, 2007

@ Lorenxso

The book of Deutoronomy 18v18-23 says if whatever a prophet says on behalf of God did not come to past,then that prophet is not speaking on HIS behalf,meaning that prophet is fake.
This man of God has a history of speaking many prophesies that did not come to past so as far as I am concerned he is a fake prophet.

1. Deut 18 no reach 23, it stops at 22, abi you dey read another Bible to us? (Just pulling your legs my friend, no hard feelings)

2. I'm not trying to defend this man, but comparing your analysis with what happened in 2 Kings 20, when King Hezekiah became mortally ill, and Isaiah prophecised that he will surely die, from your analysis, would it mean that at that at the end of verse 6, Isaiah is a false prophet, afterall his prophecy in verse 1 didn't come to pass.

3. My Point is, this "Christian God" chooses to speak and do whatever pleases him, he could decide that something will happen today and then decide otherwise tomorrow due to an interveinsion of some sort, like in verse 2&3 of 2 Kings 20. Before Isaiah left the court, as in the palace, God spoke again, asking Isaiah to return back to the King and inform him of answered prayers.

4. Pls Note, my point is not whether Bakare is a false prohpet or not, my point is God can speak something to someone today and then speak otherwise tomorrow if he decides to. Obviously, there are some of his words which he will never change and he's up to him to choose to do whatever pleases him, at the end of the day, isn't that why God is God!

5. My Hypothesis relating to Bakare's case: Maybe God spoke those words through him, maybe he should have kept it to himself and prayed about it, maybe OBJ and other "affecteds" decided to pray and cry to God as Hezekiah did in 2 Kings 20, just maybe God heard their cries and answered their prayers, maybe God spoke again to Bakare that he had overturn his decision, just maybe Bakare should have gone on air again to reveal this, At the end of the Day, all we can speculate upon are just "MayBes", as we don't have any physical proof to crucify Bakare , so why not less us spare the man, afterall, Seun and other fellow "Free-Thinkers" will say in Court of Law that a man is not guilty until proven at the court of law , Just Maybe we should just leave the man alone and let him be

Peace Out!
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Bolarge(m): 10:04am On Aug 15, 2007
Me I just dey watch d polls. grin
P.Tunde Bakare n' his crew's winning. grin

Sings: "I am on the winning side, the winning side, the winning side;
Jesus is a winnerman, a winnerman all the time. . . ." grin grin
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Keziah(f): 10:05am On Aug 15, 2007
@ Kemjisuper
Personally, I'm enjoying the sight and sounds of corrupt ex-governors behind bars. The rest coming in won't be as daring in their bad deeds I tell you. But only time will tell if it's all for real.

Cheers

Bro i dey laugh here! How come no body is probing Baba Iyabo? I guess the man deserves behind Zoo Bars as a sentence pronounce on him. (Personal Opinion though) grin
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Allta(m): 10:14am On Aug 15, 2007

@ebos

I was not a kid as at 1999, I have been buying newspapers as at then.  I read the Magazine where Tunde said, after the vision, he cried and said why this should happen to Obasanjo, but God said to him that is the vision…  He only saw the structure of Nigeria then and predicted that doom.  

You can't judge someone based on what you read in the dailies ,  trust me because I've been a victim. You say A today and the journalists turn it into B tomorrow.

Again, you guys are talking as if you don’t know Nigeria Pastors.  In 1980s, we used to see all these herbalists along the streets performing magic for people, but today they have modernized it and taken to the churches because nobody patronized them again on the streets.  

You can speculate about Nigerian Pastors as you're entitled to your own opinion even if they're incorrect.

Even during the Old Testament, any Prophet of God that prophesized doom against any King or Israelites, the Prophet would make it clear for the people, and if the King or the Israelites changed from his or their sinful ways, God would still tell the Prophet to go back and announce that because they had shown remorse, I (God) would not bring disaster against him again in his lifetime probably after his death.  So, how many times Tunde Bakare has come back to tell Nigerians that God said since there is a remorse, this particular doom will no longer come to pass? Or this is the reason why God said that my prophesy against this person would not come to pass.  

I'm speechless, simply because for the first time, I tend to agree with you on this one, but are you saying Bakare is an Herbalist in ref with your second quote above?

Most so-called men of God are deceiving a lot of people.

Ofcourse, I agree with you here, even the Bible agrees with you as in what will happend in the later days. However, you can't say "Most", because you don't have any statistical analysis to proof that, how many men of God there is, and how many deceives people? Please give us the numbers before you arrive at conclusions.

Open your eyes my people.  The man is only dreaming. He has prophesised a lot things and no one has come to pass.

Maybe, MaybeNot, at least you've told us what we need to hear ,  Open Your Eyes!
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by ebos(m): 10:21am On Aug 15, 2007
Allta:

You can't judge someone based on what you read in the dailies , trust me because I've been a victim. You say A today and the journalists turn it into B tomorrow.

You can speculate about Nigerian Pastors as you're entitled to your own opinion even if they're incorrect.

I'm speechless, simply because for the first time, I tend to agree with you on this one, but are you saying Bakare is an Herbalist in ref with your second quote above?

Ofcourse, I agree with you here, even the Bible agrees with you as in what will happend in the later days. However, you can't say "Most", because you don't have any statistical analysis to proof that, how many men of God there is, and how many deceives people? Please give us the numbers before you arrive at conclusions.

Maybe, MaybeNot, at least you've told us what we need to hear , Open Your Eyes!

I have opened my eyes for years back, maybe, that is why you cannot see me at their crusade or whatever. Never, will you see me there, if they like let them invite all the Pastors in Nigeria and abroad, you cannot see me there. Strongly remain a Catholic.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by layifioren(m): 10:32am On Aug 15, 2007
1. First thing first, prophesies are not always meant to come to past. Prophesies were used in the Old Testament to mostly warn the people of Isreal and the Kings. The prophesies only come to pass if they don't change. God does not judge people without warning them.

2. As per Yar Adua being God's choosen president or not, it's very possible. Isn't it God that told Hosea to marry a LovePeddler in the Bible? Why would God tell His prohpet to marry a LovePeddler? God could choose anything or human for the glorification of His name.

3. As per Pastor Bakare being a false prophet; God knows all. Remember what David said in 1 Samuel 24 from vs 5.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by mellow(m): 10:37am On Aug 15, 2007
jUDGE THAT YOU MAY NOT BE JUDGED,

If he is a true man of God its all good, but

if lifam for God to judge.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Allta(m): 10:38am On Aug 15, 2007

@ebos

Strongly remain a Catholic.

So this is what the Fuss is all about EBOS!
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by layifioren(m): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2007
Matthew 7:16: Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Sometimes we get this judgement thing wrong in our head. Just because you called a thief a thief doesn't mean you're judging. It's only wrong when you start condemning them but there's nothing wrong with spoting their wrong doings especially when you do it to help them. You're just comparing their fruits with the fruits stated in Galatians 5.

On the other side, how can one proof that Pastor Bakare is falsely prophesying? Only God know's this and one needs to be very careful
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by denex: 10:56am On Aug 15, 2007
Nigerians cannot even challenge a fake pastor that has been blatantly lying to their faces for years, yet they want corrupt politicians to stop stealing.

Siddon look will be the end of us all.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Allta(m): 11:03am On Aug 15, 2007
@Denex

Nigerians cannot even challenge a fake pastor that has been blatantly lying to their faces for years, yet they want corrupt politicians to stop stealing.

Siddon look will be the end of us all.

At least there are proofs to take to court to prosecute the currupt Politicians, whenever you have the proof for the Fake Pastors, let me know, honestly, I will be the first to prosecute them!

Peace Out!
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by denex: 11:13am On Aug 15, 2007
Usually evidence comes too late. Yet even then, a lot of members of his congregation will still come to his defence.

Look at Someone like Chris Oyakhilome wearing thousand dollar suits on a daily basis without any proven source of income.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by ebos(m): 11:14am On Aug 15, 2007
Allta:

So this is what the Fuss is all about EBOS!

Did I say all the Pastors are fake? No, but as for Tunde Bakare, nobody is condemning him. What we are doing is nothing but calling evil, what it is, and good, what it is. I tell you, don’t misquote God. Never you keep silent when you see atrocities committed by most Pastors simply because they claimed to be anointed men of God. How do you separate a real man of God from the fake ones? Now, do we need another Prophet to tell us that Bakare falls among the false Prophets whom bible has foretold that many false Prophets will come up at the end time claiming to know the truth? That many will be deceived, if possible even the elect. I’m not surprised that many have been deceived because it is just a fulfillment of what is written in the bible.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by toba1909(m): 11:28am On Aug 15, 2007
Pastor Tunde Bakare is a man of God, am not a member of his gathering, but i listened to a message where he openly confessed he slept with a member of his church then.Who among all this modern day ministers can do this? Lets not judge so as not to be judged.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by dontexe(m): 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2007
It's so sad that a lot of Nigerians don't get accurate information before passing same across to others. I happened to be at the service where Pastor Bakare said something about the current president. He started by saying " he has a confession he wants to make". He went further to say the following and i quote " this will be the first time since 1999 that God will put love in his heart for the president of his country". That was all that he said, and he prayed for him afterwards. Whoever started this tread should let us know where he got his information from.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by denex: 12:03pm On Aug 15, 2007
Ah! So the man is not just a lying prophesier, he is also a congragational adulterer!

This is getting more and more serious.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by dontexe(m): 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2007
I mean since 1979, after the election was rigged in favour Shehu Shagari.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by edundayo(m): 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2007
First of all, I'll like to say that I respect everyone’s opinion and my post is not in anyway to castigate anyone here. But then here goes my opinion and remember, this is my personal opinion, just as simple as that. Allta, tinu97, kemjisuper, abacus, abanna, temmie10 and others with the same mindset; thumps up for you guys for the word of God says 'And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free, John 8:32'. And for denex, crazykid, seun, olrotimi, and others with the same mindset; Jesus said: 'Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do, Luke 23:34’

The understanding of the word of God is only by inspiration and revelation and so does the prophecies of God, only he who God inspired and revealed them to can understand the in-depth of it. Remember all, that we are talking about the Lord of host here; who crated the Heavens and Earth, who gave us the breath that's we breath, who is the Beginning and the End, who is capable of destroying the whole world is a twinkle of an eyes if He so wish. What common sense do you have that was not given to you by God? What sense of judgment do you have that was not given to you by God? When God commanded; 'Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm, 1 Chronicles 16:22’, note that there was no exception to that commandment and then He added another: 'Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment, John 7:24’. How then can you judge righteously, when you have not been inspired with the revelation of the prophecy, even, I've heard of people who had read the Holy Bible from cover to cover and could not even understand a single verse though the Holy Bible is written in plain English.

So people, please lets watch what we say because this is not a political issue but that which is concerning God; the Alfa and the Omega. Therefore , 'whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles, Proverbs 21:23’

And finally, ‘be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few, Ecclesiastes 5:2
So, 'suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands, Ecclesiastes 5:6  

God Nigerians and God Blessed My Country….!
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by denex: 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2007
Shagari, now Yar'Adua. Is it that Jehovah only loves muslim leaders?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / Out Of 3,604 Ordained Pastors Why Single Out Remi Tinubu? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.