Stats: 3,156,791 members, 7,831,557 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! (20489 Views)

Poll: Are Pastor Tunde Bakare's prophecies truly from God?

Yes: 67% (80 votes)
No: 32% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Pictures From Pastor Tunde Bakare's 60TH BIRTHDAY / All GO's & Religious Leaders Must Go To Prison — Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Ehido(m): 7:37am On Aug 17, 2007
Pastor Tunde Bakare is truly a man of God because if you look at it the elections did not hold, There was no election anywhere there just appointments thats all we all new the winners before they won. As a popular joke goes we always know the result of an elecyion before it hols in Nigeria.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by ebos(m): 8:23am On Aug 17, 2007
Tunder Bakare is a man of God, then, who is a man of Satan? Do you think he is more man of God than me? Let most of these Pastors go and sit down my friend. I want to know who anointed them. My cousin who is a Pastor today was with Holy Mountain Church, they had problem and his group pulled out. In his group, they had problem again because of money, he personally pulled out and called one man who anointed him. Today, he is enjoying while his parishioners are watching. Mumu them. They can deceive the gullible, but nobody will deceive me. These Pastors are interested preaching tithe and riches. Most of their preaching are based on selfishness. Every member in my Church here will be Governor, President, Minister etc! So, if all your members become all these, then nothing is left for people in other churches or Muslims? Is the Pastor not greedy?
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by seanpel(m): 10:05am On Aug 17, 2007
thanks to abacus' link to the latter rain website. i was actually not quick at my judgement of pastor tunde bakare's recent prophecy as against my skeptcism as to wether to regard it or not, i think going through the site of the church may in one way or the other do justice to our perception of the man of God, the church and prophecies in general. what i think generally is that even if we have reservations, we should be mindful of the way we address issues regarding to God and his words. it is understandable that we sometimes feel like this when we think we have been manipulated but again, there is need to understand that the words of God never change.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by araoye(m): 10:59am On Aug 17, 2007
[color=#000099][/color] well it depends on the way you look at april 19, but did elections hold at all that is a capita NO i worked as an ad-hoc staff somewhere in the country, one former chairman in collaboration with the police came and took away the ballot box in my polling unit, so eoccurs in most part of the country. That election did not hold or hold does not mean Yar'adua is not God sent he might be but the mode of entrance/election adds or subtracts nothing from it.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by kamuzu(m): 11:53am On Aug 17, 2007
There is nothibg Godly about Tunde Bakare anymore. As far as am concerned, he lost everything with that false prophesy in 1999.
The only thing that surprises me is that this man still has devout followers who worship in what ideally should be a church and not a business centre.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by zukkie4eva(f): 11:56am On Aug 17, 2007
@ Ebos, Denex, Seun,

I shudder at your brazen criticisms of Men of God. Guys pls take it easy o!, don't incur the wrath of God , It's better you keep quiet about spiritual issues you don't understand than make bogus statements.

I'm sure that one day too, your views on these things will change,

easy,
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by slimtee: 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2007
I think SEUN has a very good point on this issue but i strongly believe in ALLTA's view/advise/caution. He/She has some, very-well backed up points. Let's Just leave the "MAN OF GOD ALONE" He's doing what God sent him to. God will do the Justice himself.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by olanajim(m): 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2007
We need to examine the way prophesies work before making judgement.

I think the man said someone we don't know would become president. He was emphatic that Atiku and all of those jostling for the presidency would not win. He added a degree of caution.

Nobody had asked him when he saw the vision. It may be before the primaries. If that is the case, then he was correct to a large extent. We all know Yar'adua is not a top contender at that moment. He was a product of last minute schemings. Again, what we have was not an election, we all know.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by bodsibobo(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2007
Two strong advices I want to give every one here:

1. Do not judge; so that you yourself will not be judged.

Nobody, (I repeat NOBODY) has the right to judge anyone. This is a very strong injunction from God, as simple as this statement sounds, it is a major principle of life and living.

Even Jesus, when the woman that was caught red-handed in adultery wanted to be stoned, after asking the obviously sinful crowd to cast the first stone if they were not worse than her, still did not judge the woman. He only said "woman, go and sin no more".

2. Whether anybody's prayer or prophesy is answered or comes to pass does not stop God from being God.

If you pray to God to grant you favour in winning a contract; or to pass an important exam or to heal a sick person and you do not win the contract or you fail the exam or the sick person actually dies, does that stop God from being God?

In other words, God is God irrespective of you or your issues.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Afam(m): 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2007
olanajim:

We need to examine the way prophesies work before making judgement.

I think the man said someone we don't know would become president. He was emphatic that Atiku and all of those jostling for the presidency would not win. He added a degree of caution.

Nobody had asked him when he saw the vision. It may be before the primaries. If that is the case, then he was correct to a large extent. We all know Yar'adua is not a top contender at that moment. He was a product of last minute schemings. Again, what we have was not an election, we all know.

I am not a pastor and I do not carry prophecies by I knew (and every serious Nigerian too) that Yar'adua would win the last elections simply because he was PDP's candidate.

How can you tell us that the statement that someone we don't know would be the president? Is Yar'adua from Mars?

Unfortunately, many have stopped thinking with their brains and would rather believe anything they hear from anyone they believe.

Yes, God said we should test all spirits and in my opinion those who use the name of God to lie and make money should be exposed.

Yes, God said we should touch not His anointed but again who is God's anointed? Rev King? Gurumaharaji? Bakare? TB Joshua?

Little wonder God stated that many would come in His name even in all sense of falsehood.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by honeric01(m): 5:02pm On Aug 17, 2007
aBI, GOD DEY MERCIFUL
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by bannybols: 6:15pm On Aug 17, 2007
pls don't judge a man of God it might be deadly

A prophecy is given to warn. It might not happen if the right thing is done
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by sponge: 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2007
A man spoke about God's verdict on the country, nearly 1/2 of the respondent have criticised him and called him different 'unprintable' names. Well, what does these people have to say about pastors and leaders that refused to say anything on the perversity, corruption and wickedness of the past democratic president that ruled Nigeria.

Incase the respondents don't know, please check out the papers of today and see from the press and the site of the church below. To cut through the chase, in tape & video, this was EXACTLY what Pastor Bakare said in March 7, 1999:

"Rejoice not oh land, or your joy will be temporary. For I am bringing the nation - Nigeria, the rulers, the priests and the prophets there to my threshing floor. I will judge Saul and his comrades, and after I have finished my purging, then I will restore to you permanent joy" Obasanjo is not your messiah. He is King Agag and the prophetic axe will fall upon his head before May 29".

I need further interpretations to this quote from men that are prone to utter baseless statements.

But please note that Christ prophesied also about Jerusalem, but this never happened until 40 years later. See below;

http://www.gnmagazine.org/issues/gn24/olivetprophecy.htm

"Carefully crafted of marble and limestone blocks weighing as much as 20 to 30 tons each, the temple and its vast platform were imposing. The disciples were understandably shocked when Jesus pointed to the magnificent temple complex and said: "Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down" (Matthew 24:2). Disturbed by these comments, several of the disciples asked Christ: "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" (verse 3).

In Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21, Christ's prophecy of what would come on Jerusalem is recorded for us. Much of what Christ told His disciples would happen indeed occurred within the next 40 years. What did Christ prophesy would happen? Which of His words came to pass in subsequent decades, and which are yet to be fulfilled? Do His words shed light on events yet to come before His return?"

Regards!

Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by seun001(m): 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2007
nobody is calling anybody names here,but stop letting a Pastor play on your emotions period.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by kfo(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2007
@sponge
u just laid it out straight Good job man!
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by honeric01(m): 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2007
Nice one
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Egavlas(m): 11:49pm On Aug 17, 2007
To add to what sponge and the others here have said, Prophecies are sometime made to correct erring people. Its also made to point men to the right direction at all times.
If you guys are blasting Bakare for the prophecies of 1999, how do you know that it didnt make OBJ change and repent from some evil deeds?
God is a merciful God and most times, His prophecies come to make men repent and change their ways.
Have you guys forgotten Jonah in the bible? God asked him to go to Nineveh to pronounce judgement and destruction on the city through prophecy.
Jonah went and shouted from mountain tops , "Just forty days from now and this city will be destroyed" . Due to the gravity of the message, the people of the city repented and fasted(even animals were not fed and participated in the fast).
God being true to His word, forgave them and didnt destroy the city. Does that make Jonah a false prophet? No but the mercy and sovereinty of God supercedes all. Of course Jonah was not happy about the whole thing cause he felt God exposed him and didnt fulfill the word HE askeD jONAH to pronounce.
There are cases of kings in the bible who had prophetic pronouncements from Men of God of the bible about the kingdom remaining in their household but who got overthrown when the started sinning and taking God for granted.

As for Yaradua being used by God, why not? God used diverse kinds of people and even animals to fulfill his purpose in the old times so why not now?
A God fearing man is a God fearing man no matter where he is from.
God used Cyrus(A heathen king from a heathen nation) to achieve HIS purposes and in fact called him his annointed. Isaiah 45 vs 1 : "Thus says the Lord to his annointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have held to subdue nations , etc" .If you read up on cyrus the heathen King, you will know just what God used him to achieve and he wasnt a jew neither was he a priest nor levite.

So guys please, get some understanding of the scriptures and not be quick to speak haughtily of what you no not.
I am not a member of Bakares church and neighther am I a pente-rascal. I just know and read the word
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by samix(m): 1:55am On Aug 18, 2007
@valhalla

its really pathetic and disheartening to know that such people like you still exist, its possible that am abusing a substance and the substance is devil so i believe you need to focus on God to lead you. you need serious counselling cos presently you are lost(mean no harm).
i have been attending the church for 10years now and i know what goes on in the church. GOD is a merciful GOD and HE is always ready to frgive when u genuinely request. The crippled man that was healed by GOD thru peter and john(heard the story) at the gate, what was his purpose of been given to as a cripple? to show the work of GOD.i believe u were born to show the work of GOD.I prophesy over u that u shall give testimony about d goodness of GOD and his annointed men someday.AMEN
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Kajiang02(m): 3:56am On Aug 18, 2007
lets b careful bout wt we say, do not sound lik say u no know hw God work,
Sombody once said 2me in Bus while travelling dt Bakare is a lil bit of a Blind prophet in d sense dt he sees d vision/prophecies bt might nt know wen,where n how it is 2 happen.
i strongly bliv it'l 1day com2 pass KAJIANG
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by honeric01(m): 6:50am On Aug 18, 2007
Now i am beginning to feel the positive impact of this discussion.
people trying to say what they don't know, well thank God for this latest people coming to add nice and good point to this thread. you guys should keep it up.
kajiang02
Samix

Salvage
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by sanyaokido(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2007
i see bakare more as an activist dan a pastor or raqther an activist pastor the guy has a right to his opinion.i believe his church members do too.dont just crucify him.there is a purpose for his calling
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by sponge: 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2007
The shameful thing about most Nigerian youth in general is that none of us is willing to stand for the truth. The last time Obasanjo was in redemption camp to give a sermon @d last convention, the people shamed him out of the podium, why was this? Because he's an HYPOCRITE!

Remember what evil he did to Atiku his vice president?

Why do pastors allow these men of substandard character to climb their altar and offer incense to God-the most Holy?

Was Jesus Christ ever called a mad man & liar by foolish and ignorant people?

Passage John 10:15-20:

15- just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16-I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17-The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18-No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."
19-At these words the Jews were again divided. 20-Many of them said, "He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?"

Interesting read?

Passage Matthew 23:13-36:

13-"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.[a]

15-"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

16-"Woe to you, blind guides! You say, 'If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.' 17-You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? 18-You also say, 'If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.' 19-You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20-Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21-And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. 22-And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.

23-"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24-You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

25-"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26-Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

27-"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. 28-In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

29-"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30-And you say, 'If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.' 31-So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32-Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers!

33-"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34-Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35-And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36-I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.

You know what i feel, the true man of God is ALWAYS called a mad man, so if you dont understand prophecy, please ask reasonable questions, rather than displaying your ignorance in public forum. Such questions should be: 'Is tunde Bakare indeed an honest man? Why does he not feature in anointed money scandals; eg. the benny hin show

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4619733.stm

Out of all that Bakare said of Obasanjo during those early years was this; 'during his tenure, corruption shall reach its peak'!

Did this not happen as Pres & Vice rubbished themselves publicly till USA/UK had to attempt to seperate the quarrel. If your mother and father are quarelling at home, must they tear themselves naked on the streets of your house? If this happens, where is the sanctity & privacy of marriage or election to the highest office of Nigeria?

Did anyone see the video featuring Fani-Kayode in the US, accusing Atiku of being 'darkness' while Obasanjo 'Light'?

If there was no BAKARE in Nigeria, there is no TRUTH! Just like Gani Fawehinmi said in an interview, I also say publicly; ' I will embrace Bakare for his contributions to the sanity of Nigeria'.

Regards!
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by ifeoluwa(f): 1:53pm On Aug 18, 2007
people, lets face it for real. pastor bakare is a man of God. whether his prophecies come into fulfillment or not is not for us to consider. he said 'God told him', so why are we questioning that? so b cos some of these prophecies refused to come into being then we begin to strip him naked abi? i think it is high time we let loose off these stupid mentality of ours! lets just pray for whosoever is concerned: the pastor or the president!
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by omofineboy(m): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2007
Tunde Bakare is about the only vocal man of God we have in this country, wether you agree or not doesnt matter. His prophecies are very accurate and timely, it depends on the spirit you carry with you or your understanding of prophecies before you know whether hes right or worng. Virtually all he said have come to pass and records are there, Pastor Bakare is not an hungry pastor people should read his background, the person that called him activist may be right he has always been, dont forget he was a former student union leader of his university.

Before you take a critical look at someone you must know the person better, the problem is that most of us just say something. I have listened severally to Pastor Bakare severally on tapes and TV and how I wish we have five of such men of God in this Country to teach the word of God as it is. He speaks truth not minding whatever happens, and dont forget he has a record.

When God says something it may be to warn of impending calamity, read Sodom and Gomorah and so many others in the bible. The bible says foolishness is the words of the cross to those who are perishing; the ways of God is so complex that we cant know it.

Remember what killed Jonah simply becuase God planned destroying Nineveh and God later changed his mind, so Jonah was disappointed and he felt that his efforts were wasted. so if God sends Pastor Tunde to say something its not Pastor Tunde's business to make it happen rather God decides what He (God) does. Asides let's assume Pastor has been lieing all along he will one day face the judgement of God and not ours.

We all need to know that our opinions on spritual matters do not count at all. Truth is always constant.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by mellow(m): 11:41am On Aug 19, 2007
Always remember touch not my anointed and

do my prophets no harm.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by lasee(f): 2:52pm On Aug 19, 2007
Nobody should judge pastor Tunde Bakare,remember what the bible says"THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE"
Chikena.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Afam(m): 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2007
God cannot lie, anything God says must come to pass so anyone that is trying to make God a liar must be exposed, enough of this blind support.

Is Rev King not God's anointed? If negative, why?
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by dada22(m): 3:33pm On Aug 19, 2007
[b] da ways of God are MYSTERIOUS,no one can comprehend,so let God take all control!!
Allow God 2 decide.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Afam(m): 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2007
I hope you are not one of those complaining about the situation of things in Nigeria because we can as well believe that we should not complain and leave god to decide whether things are bad or not, rubbish.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by Backslider(m): 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2007
I have written on the fraudulent men of God and I am not Afraid of them one bit. I am more Afraid the God of the christian that seeks eternal residence in the worshipper.

Tunde Bakare has erred so much so that in scripture he will be regarded as the Heretic. I am not saying this to the happiness of you men that love to question Men that are true banner of God.

A man that risked the grace of God to lie in public is NEVER A BANNER OF THE ALMIGHTY. You cannot use the spirit of the Most high to wage lies against a president.

The spirit is subject to the truth not lies. Satan speak lies against us to condemn us What Bakare has done makes no difference.

People think that in God there is lies. Make no mistake it is impossible for God to lie. In him there no one single lie. He makes no single mistake.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by McKren(m): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2007
Its about time Nigerians stop debating what the Bible said or what the Bible did not say with men of God and start asking them what their contribution to their immediate society is. The average Nigerian is ready to skip meals to pay his dues in church but my worry is I hope this men of God do not exploit the vulnerability, poverty and hopelessness of our society to exploit unsuspecting Nigerians.

I don't understand how they live in affluence while most of the congregation could hardly eat.
Re: Oh God, Tunde Bakare Again! by McKren(m): 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2007
By the way whoever designed the polls should please kindly include "don't care" or "indifferent" so I can vote.   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / Out Of 3,604 Ordained Pastors Why Single Out Remi Tinubu? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97