Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,210 members, 7,825,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff (31235 Views)

32k Job In VI Worth It? / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job / Current Vacancy For A Restaurant In VI - Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by tasceige(m): 11:16am On Jul 21, 2022
So I was minding my business checking around activities on LinkedIn, I came across one heavily engaged thread, this touched my heart and felt for the lady after resigning from her former place of work. Please read and share your view. If you have similar story, please feel free to share. I'm posting this here with her permission, hence this is not my content.

Further check also reveals that the said organization had floated another job vacancy for same role.

I can never understand how, an employer will state that accommodation will be provided for you, and this is what the accommodation looks like below.

I want to rant because i'm super upset and i feel like employers need to do better.

So a month ago, i got a job, to work as a private chef for the CEO of Infinion Technologies, i got the job off here on LinkedIn , I sent my portfolio and I was called up for an interview in Victoria island lagos.

So I was told accommodation will be available for me and that was why I even accepted the job in the first place.

I started the job June 3rd, last month, only for me to see the shitty accommodation they provided for me, wasn’t cleaned or fumigated prior to my resumption and I had to make arrangements for the cleaning myself and assemble the bunk bed that was provided. I complained to my employer(twice)about the state of the room and how I wanted it painted and the floor fixed, at least to make it more conducive to live in, asides from the fact that I had to share bathroom and toilet, with 6 other staff in the same bq accommodation,that I was never informed about.

At the end of the 1month prob, they decided to terminate my contract, because they felt that if I wasn’t okay with the working conditions, then it was best. So sickening because, all I asked was that the room be put into good shape and that I couldn’t be walking under the hot sun to take his lunch( my ex employer) , to the office, everyday because it wasn’t stated in my contract.

Today makes it exactly 5days days since, and I haven’t been paid. They say that I’ll get my money this week. But I’ll be dammed if I don’t share my story. It’s just crazy how this employers think in Nigeria! JustCrazy!

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6950236850267504640/

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 21, 2022
Avoid this sado masochist above.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by tasceige(m): 11:35am On Jul 21, 2022
Wow!!!
Sure you read that part that says she complained to the management twice? Managing employees is one of the best thing a company can invest in. They can come to an agreement on what can be achieved. Common man!!

I'm open to your job doesn't mean I should be subjected to your job environmental conditions, not even when it has to do with being a chef. Nah food we dey talk about here oh. Abi you think we are talking about being a "cook" here nee?

GardenGreen:
Evil employees. Employees from hell. Always running amock to cry falsely on almost everything. If all the men in your genealogy were men enough, you won't be looking for employment. Evil doer. I hate the " Quick Call-out Culture ".

Companies are folding up. Not just nationally, but globally. In their bid to improve humanity, some people do their best in their capacity to provide job opportunities only to be repaid badly by employees from Hell

Post the picture where you stay, let's have a look at that before we comment on this. Low-life shanty squatters always forming posh.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Bossman25(m): 11:48am On Jul 21, 2022
Lucky her.
They are like that everywhere, some won't give u employment letter and keep bashing you at the slightest of irregular things. Reasons are that the asking salary discussed should be reduced drastically to a figure you really ashamed of. Worst case scenario you beg to have your job.
Some will just sack on the bases that well a cute girl is around the corner and she probably will be nice to rub my laps tight....
So many fucking issues and scenarios...I wish I could do a movie on it...
Hey! I wanna write a movie on it...Lol

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by DropsMic(m): 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2022
It's no news that both Nigerian employers and employees alike are evil people.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by bigdammyj: 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
Reading...
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by tillaman(m): 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
They both could have handled it better and she ought to get her money before leaving there
Once you don comot without getting paid then it’s going to take alot of stress to get your money

1 Like

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by doraala: 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by gasparpisciotta: 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
A lot is scammers living on the island

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by ednut1(m): 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2022
Hmmmm. No comments . Madam can you afford rent in VI to start with

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Kentuforchrist(m): 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2022
grin
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by vinceyinnovation: 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:
Evil employees. Employees from hell. Always running amock to cry falsely on almost everything. If all the men in your genealogy were men enough, you won't be looking for employment. Evil doer. I hate the " Quick Call-out Culture ".

Companies are folding up. Not just nationally, but globally. In their bid to improve humanity, some people do their best in their capacity to provide job opportunities only to be repaid badly by employees from Hell

Post the picture where you stay, let's have a look at that before we comment on this. Low-life shanty squatters always forming posh.

Wow seems the CEO of Infinion is on nairaland too

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by thesicilian: 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
vinceyinnovation:

Wow seems the CEO of Infinion is on nairaland too
My thoughts exactly

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by jojothaiv(m): 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
I don't even know what to say anymore...

1 Like

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by khalleb(m): 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

Eyes and minds focused on problems.

I'm 1000% certain that if handed same apartment, I'll get hypo and jik, have the toilet washed and throughly revamped.

I'd get floor cleaning fluid and clean the floors. When dried, I'll get a rug.

I'll fix the bunk, and get a foam. And focus on my job

They say 90% of graduates are unemployeable because they can't think and make decisions. This is a classic example. And you're one yourself. Let her go home and go and continue to sleep. Serious candidates will take the offer

That's why BUHARI said NIGERIA YOUTH ARE LAZY

2 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Specialvoice: 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
Imagine a place you can't manage and work....? Then go home ... People are looking for lesser ones ... Give it to me and l will clean it up and do my work.. ingrates

38 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Offpoint1: 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2022
Dey give diz werey accommodation werey still wan make her papa company furnished am to her taste because her papa get share for the company.

You should have used your first salary and transportation saved to furnished the apartment to your taste.

How many companies in Lagos provide accommodation for her staff?

Ranting will only further make employees to avoid you for ungrateful attitude.

Abeg "I know my worth and I can't settle for less crew" don't quote me. If you know your worth, start your own company.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by floss(m): 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2022
Ok
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by dyera(m): 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2022
The place is manageable. All you need is new carpet for the room and hypo for the toilet.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Abilistic(m): 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2022
smiley

The company should pay her since her services are no longer needed. That's no fair at all.
She ought to have waited for the 5 days before coming to rant on social media.

That apartment might even be better than where she lives cry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Kingcalls: 12:35pm On Jul 21, 2022
U are really sick... just imagine the entitlement mentality...

12 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Opoki(m): 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
Hmmm... I won't just talk but instead tell the entrepreneurs on this thread to learn some key lessons available in the may problems of singer Portable.
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by sukkot: 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
i swear to GOD it looks exactly like the accomodation the university of leicester teaching hospital gave me for a week when i was doing contract work for them at the cardiology department. lmaooo. UK is overrated walahi cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

the girl sef. the accomodation is OK. i mean it is not the waldorf Astoria but it is manageable

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by tasalanoni(m): 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
���
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by bmdmix13: 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
island company will b looking for cheap labour

1 Like

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by nams77: 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

Eyes and minds focused on problems.

I'm 1000% certain that if handed same apartment, I'll get hypo and jik, have the toilet washed and throughly revamped.

I'd get floor cleaning fluid and clean the floors. When dried, I'll get a rug.

I'll fix the bunk, and get a foam. And focus on my job

They say 90% of graduates are unemployeable because they can't think and make decisions. This is a classic example. And you're one yourself. Let her go home and go and continue to sleep. Serious candidates will take the offer
My brother, I thought I was the only one thinking that way.
For me, if the salary solid, Omoh na to take my hand turn that place to paradise
Like you posited, most Nigerians are not creative at all.
I'm not holding brief for the boss o

33 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Job Vacancies For Today 29 June 2015 / Top 5 Recruitment Agencies For Most Nigeria Banks. / CP Frank Mba: South-South, South-East, Lagos Not Applying for Police jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.