Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff (31274 Views)

What's A Red Flag That Makes You Decline To Work For A Company? / 32k Job In VI Worth It? / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2022
Elvis778:

Good day, slowpoke

You will remain in stagnancy. Continue to perpetuate bullshiit. Animal

Post pictures of your own house let's see if it's any better
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Allisgud: 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2022
That place dey okay na, instead use ur money mend the place by buying removeable and moveable something for ur comfortness

1 Like

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Elvis778(m): 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

You will remain in stagnancy. Continue to perpetuate bullshiit. Animal

Post pictures of your own house let's see if it's any better
Lol, empty barrell makes the loudest noise, what ever you say shall be onto you and your generation not me.....
And by the grace of God my house is better than the dumpsite you give to your employees as accommodation, so Bleep off and stop mentioning me.

2 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GboyegaD(m): 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2022
Truth234:

So the same toilet she is sharing with other 6 staff is not decent? If jobs are readily available why is she crying on Linkedin and across social media for something that happened in June? Just move on to another simple.

That she chose to speak out isn't a crime. Besides, others might have been comfortable with the living conditions.

2 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GboyegaD(m): 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

Oga. Stop the deflection. Why couldn't she work from.home. Is a company supposed to house a worker in the first place?

You're slow

You are the slow one here. You initially felt you could muscle up everyone with your point which indicated that you don't treat your staff any better.

If the job doesn't allow her work from home, she xant work from home. Still wondering why you are asking this question if you truly are not trying to deflect from the topic.

3 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2022
GboyegaD:

You are the slow one here. You initially felt you could muscle up everyone with your point which indicated that you don't treat your staff any better.

If the job doesn't allow her work from home, she xant work from home. Still wondering why you are asking this question if you truly are not trying to deflect from the topic.

Oga. Differentiate between rejecting an offer and accepting an offer you hate

Also. At her age, she should have a home. A decent one to work from.

Stay on this ponits.
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Asour: 3:07pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

Nairaland deleted my comment which was beneath the post because I said the truth. A truth they hate to hear.

Is it legal for Nairaland to have my comment deleted when I didn't violate any rules of the forum?

Evil employees. Employees from hell. Always running amock to cry falsely on almost everything. If all the men in your genealogy were men enough, you won't be looking for employment. Evil doer. I hate the " Quick Call-out Culture ".

Companies are folding up. Not just nationally, but globally. In their bid to improve humanity, some people do their best in their capacity to provide job opportunities only to be repaid badly by employees from Hell

Post the picture where you stay, let's have a look at that before we comment on this. Low-life shanty squatters always forming posh.

Eyes and minds focused on problems.

I'm 1000% certain that if handed same apartment, I'll get hypo and jik, have the toilet washed and throughly revamped.

I'd get floor cleaning fluid and clean the floors. When dried, I'll get a rug.

I'll fix the bunk, and get a foam. And focus on my job

They say 90% of graduates are unemployeable because they can't think and make decisions. This is a classic example. And you're one yourself. Let her go home and go and continue to sleep. Serious candidates will take the offer

Hahahaha.

No one in the private sector 'goes out of there way to create jobs to help humanity '.
That's a 'convenient' truth which is technically a lie.

A job is a byproduct. Hardly ever an intended aim.

A job IS created (we are talking Private sector between 2 strangers) when 2 people enter into a contract for the supply of a mutually beneficial service.

Hahahaha.
....To help humanity.
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2022
Asour:

Hahahaha.

No one in the private sector 'goes out of there way to create jobs to help humanity '.
That's a 'convenient' truth which is technically a lie.

A job IS created (we are talking Private sector between 2 strangers) when 2 people enter into a contract for the supply of a mutually beneficial service.

Hahahaha.
....To help humanity.

All job opportunities is a contribution to humanity. Trust me. I'm a serial employer
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Asour: 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

All job opportunities is a contribution to humanity. Trust me. I'm a serial employer

That's not my point.

My point is that you don't Employ BEFORE starting to think of what your business would be & be paying salary.

You employ after deciding on the business AND you need people to execute specific functions for you. BIG difference.

1 Like

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
Asour:

That's not my point.

My point is that you don't Employ BEFORE starting to think of what your business would be & be paying salary.

You employ after deciding on the business AND you need people to execute specific functions for you. BIG difference.

All works improves mankind and humanity. That's my point. Anything else is misconstrued.

If owning and running a business were beans, everyone should own a business
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Cromagnon: 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2022
tasceige:
Wow!!!
Sure you read that part that says she complained to the management twice? Managing employees is one of the best thing a company can invest in. They can come to an agreement on what can be achieved. Common man!!

I'm open to your job doesn't mean I should be subjected to your job environmental conditions, not even when it has to do with being a chef. Nah food we dey talk about here oh.

it actually does. If you don't like it go and employ yourself
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Truth234(m): 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2022
GboyegaD:

That she chose to speak out isn't a crime. Besides, others might have been comfortable with the living conditions.

It is also not a crime that the company didn't offer her Banana Island standard accommodation. She is the one pained!
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Asour: 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

All works improves mankind and humanity. That's my point. Anything else is misconstrued.

If owning and running a business were beans, everyone should own a business

If the employee is not providing you with value (Meaning you're not helping him — you need him) You should have done it on your own too.

Hahahaha.

1 Like

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2022
Asour:

If the employee is not providing you with value (Meaning you're not helping him — you need him) You should have done it on your own too.

Hahahaha.

What's with the laughter.

If such is the case as fixed as your argument. Why can't the employee work from home? After all it should just service for money
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GboyegaD(m): 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

Oga. Differentiate between rejecting an offer and accepting an offer you hate

Also. At her age, she should have a home. A decent one to work from.

Stay on this ponits.

She is a chef and the nature of her job might not allow her work from home. That said, you are digressing from the point of discussion.

1 Like

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2022
GboyegaD:

She is a chef and the nature of her job might not allow her work from home. That said, you are digressing from the point of discussion.

I'm done with you.
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Asour: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

What's with the laughter.

If such is the case as fixed as your argument. Why can't the employee work from home? After all it should just service for money

Sorry My laugh is because you're being condescending without realising it.

Any job you give someone BECAUSE you're helping him is an [essentially] useless job. AND the fellow knows it. Because Nigeria is a poor Country Most employers like you think a job is being helpful.

When you get a contract from a larger company are they helping you? See an employee as a vendor providing contractual service as a micro vendor and you'll get my point.

And no, I don't support the lady (because I don't have all facts) and I know both employees and employers ARE important. Equally so.

1 Like

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by donjahsy(m): 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

Nairaland deleted my comment which was beneath the post because I said the truth. A truth they hate to hear.

Is it legal for Nairaland to have my comment deleted when I didn't violate any rules of the forum?

Evil employees. Employees from hell. Always running amock to cry falsely on almost everything. If all the men in your genealogy were men enough, you won't be looking for employment. Evil doer. I hate the " Quick Call-out Culture ".

Companies are folding up. Not just nationally, but globally. In their bid to improve humanity, some people do their best in their capacity to provide job opportunities only to be repaid badly by employees from Hell

Post the picture where you stay, let's have a look at that before we comment on this. Low-life shanty squatters always forming posh.

Eyes and minds focused on problems.

I'm 1000% certain that if handed same apartment, I'll get hypo and jik, have the toilet washed and throughly revamped.

I'd get floor cleaning fluid and clean the floors. When dried, I'll get a rug.

I'll fix the bunk, and get a foam. And focus on my job

They say 90% of graduates are unemployeable because they can't think and make decisions. This is a classic example. And you're one yourself. Let her go home and go and continue to sleep. Serious candidates will take the offer
You must be an oppressor. So, because you employed someone then you have the right to indirectly torment them? That you are privileged to father a child does not give you any right to treat your own child badly without reaction from the environment. Mtcheew!

3 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by praz001(m): 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2022
I wonder why some who comment wont read the complete story. Those saying they will fix it up bla!! bla!! Bla!!

What about the issue of sharing toilet and bathroom with 6 other staff she wasn't told about in the agreement.

Abegi...!

2 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by fitinwell: 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2022
tasceige:
So I was minding my business checking around activities on LinkedIn, I came across one heavily engaged thread, this touched my heart and felt for the lady after resigning from her former place of work. Please read and share your view. If you have similar story, please feel free to share. I'm posting this here with her permission, hence this is not my content.

Further check also reveals that the said organization had floated another job vacancy for same role.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6950236850267504640/

Op you didn't share with us how was her Salary with this accomodation.
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by BrodaAgbaya: 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
GboyegaD:

It is unfortunate our minds have been so wrapped in slavery. People making excuses for the company and painting the employee evil.

You gerrit, how people think employers can treat you anyhow is out of this world for me. Na why i no fit work in an unstructured company cos i certainly won`t take no BS from no one.

3 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by chloride6: 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2022
And the place just needs small additional work. The company sef no try..

2 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Naxtrad(m): 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
This one is not ready to work abeg...

1 Like

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by luminouz(m): 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2022
sukkot:
i swear to GOD it looks exactly like the accomodation the university of leicester teaching hospital gave me for a week when i was doing contract work for them at the cardiology department. lmaooo. UK is overrated walahi cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

the girl sef. the accomodation is OK. i mean it is not the waldorf Astoria but it is manageable

Sukkot, you can't avoid me forever, you must take me to UK this year o cheesy
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by sukkot: 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2022
luminouz:

Sukkot, you can't avoid me forever, you must take me to UK this year o cheesy
hehehe Luminouz how body na ? wehdone my oga at the top. ehn make i speak to boris johnson so he can work on your ' fisa ' cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Ppp1p: 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2022
Really
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by luminouz(m): 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2022
sukkot:
hehehe Luminouz how body na ? wehdone my oga at the top. ehn make i speak to boris johnson so he can work on your ' fisa ' cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks my boss!!!

Naija don Taya me cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by sukkot: 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2022
emerged01:
This is a better accommodation. May be the employee's expectation was too high. For a cook,you wont get more than this except your boss is staying in a newly constructed building. Some people pay 500k-1m annually for this in VI. When you applying for a private chef dont let your expectation be too high.
are you kidding me ? you cannot get that place in VI for less than 1.8 million naira, and i am dead serious. maybe in lekki you can get that place for 1 million but in VI ? that place they gave her is 1.8 million and above . victoria island is prime real estate. they can rent you a box for 1 million to sleep in it so long as the box is in VI you will pay 1 million
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2022
donjahsy:
You must be an oppressor. So, because you employed someone then you have the right to indirectly torment them? That you are privileged to father a child does not give you any right to treat your own child badly without reaction from the environment. Mtcheew!

As I write, two Nairalanders are fully in charge of my company. Have foods that last a month and I'm not even with them

You're stvpid. Why did her father or brothers not rise to create a business if it were that easy
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by sukkot: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2022
luminouz:

Thanks my boss!!!

Naija don Taya me cheesy
no worry we go soon japa grin grin

to ivory coast cheesy cheesy
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by emerged01(m): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2022
sukkot:
are you kidding me ? you cannot get that place in VI for less than 1.8 million naira, and i am dead serious. maybe in lekki you can get that place for 1 million but in VI ? that place they gave her is 1.8 million and above . victoria island is prime real estate. they can rent you a box for 1 million to sleep in it so long as the box is in VI you will pay 1 million
You see!
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Jephyard(m): 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2022
Jesus is Lord! Look at people making excuse for the employer, no proper thinking and them call themselves learned people, no wonder they all lived in such condition how can they think well.

I doff my hat for that Lady that reject such condition even if she is living in a slum it no excuse for the company to provide such dirty accommodation for his/her employees. It is wrong in all shade. It dehumanizing to place someone in such condition and expect the person to do well in her workplace. What the employee should have done was to clean that place up. Now she has put it in-order with her own money will they pay her back? The company should be called out, it very bad even if some of us have accepted such conditions to meet end means that doesn't mean it right to stay in such condition.

Some of you have never lived with women's or take time to understand women personal hygiene. Most women don't share toilet and bathroom with more than one person who is not family or a partner. You are telling a female employee to share toilet and bathroom with six people, it almost close to impossible for any woman to accept that. Personal hygiene is key to work success. A healthy staff is a healthy firm/company.

I can't work in any work environment that don't provide clean and condusive environment, tht doesn't take safety serious at work. It will affect the work growth no matter how you put it. It will hamper on the staff quality to succeed thereby leading to low production output no matter how you put it.

When they say most Nigerian graduate are unemployable it because they don't know what to add to the company for it to grow even if they lives in slave conditions and how can you make input when you lives in slave conditions by the way. The employer just lost a gem that will add to the company, do you know how? Since she is the cook of the company she cares more about her personal hygiene and the hygiene of the staff/MD and how it will affect the quality of food to be served, a healthy meal means a healthy staff/MD then a happy firm/company. Yet the company haven't paid her after 5 days, haba nah. Anybody supporting this is wicked. And if anyone is saying I should go open mine, no be all of us go fun a firm. By the way I will prefer a 20 proper run firm than a million slave firm with bad conditions in this country.

Note: Nigeria has long way to go with the kind of response I am seeing on this forum it shows again we have no will power to make things right, we are anyhow people once money is involve we don't care. I now understand where someone with a job of 24 million per annum and his wife a Branch Manager to a bank will resign and sell his properties and leave this country for good, it is not about the pay it about the slowpoke who hate living a good life and keep repeating same old trick and expecting different result thereby keeping the sane and bright one in the same spot. We are not poor because there is no money we are poor because we have no self worth, we are too greedy and shameless lots in short no Justice. All the bright mind leaving to other countries who do you think will suffer for it? I guess you know the answer, make nah get out.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CP Frank Mba: South-South, South-East, Lagos Not Applying for Police jobs / Happening Now:candidates To Write Nigeria Navy Exams Asked To Sit On The Floor / Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.