Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff (31200 Views)

32k Job In VI Worth It? / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job / Current Vacancy For A Restaurant In VI - Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by emerged01(m): 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
This is a better accommodation. May be the employee's expectation was too high. For a cook,you wont get more than this except your boss is staying in a newly constructed building. Some people pay 500k-1m annually for this in VI. When you applying for a private chef dont let your expectation be too high.

3 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by KingLarry04: 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
I see nothing wrong with this place, just tidy the place up nd make it look homely, so many people are looking for this opportunity ,you can simply buy a carpet and cover up the tiles and as for the bed, you get a nice bed spread, that’s all

3 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Elvis778(m): 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

Lazy employy looking for people to pick them from the trenches. Your sense of reasoning didn't permit you to understand there's something called rejection of offer over calling a company out

I know you can never set any project up in your entire life, so you won't understand how it feels. Eternal employee
I no get your time, slave master/slavery advocate, suite Ur self, people with my mentality will never settle for such, I repeat, if you need maids, go to the village, dem plenty, a qualified chef will never settle for this, unless the pay is really worth it.....so park well

And to be clear, I no dey trenches, maybe your generation dey, me I am not

4 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

I've had steady light in close to seven years. Your fantasy world is way I buult here, starting from scratch. Ote

Sorry you're hurt because I'm not broke. Fulfilling your delusional reasoning that you were better. Please go and sit down. You know nothing about the court ry you talk off

Do you know how hard not hard , impossible it is for businesses here to get loans. Inflation and cost of running business. Running mouth like leaked pipe

You can’t build the fantasy world bro, never, if you lie use inverter, solar everywhere, you can’t, you can’t build the good roads, basic amenities, dust and dirt free environment, closed gutters, because even your president go to chill.. Nigeria is blessed, na leaders we no get, you can’t build the fantasy, I can pick up my passport, buy ticket and fly anywhere, unlike when you go arrange documents like who Dey find work go embassy, you can’t build the peace of mind.

No place is perfect no one is perfect either, but some basic of life needed to function.

You can’t build the fantasy world where the rich and poor gap no too dey. You can’t.

It’s not about money, or godfather, if Lagos get 80percent world class road and steady light, I go relocate to Nigeria.

Forget your money, no be money.

5 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

I've had steady light in close to seven years. Your fantasy world is way I buult here, starting from scratch. Ote

Sorry you're hurt because I'm not broke. Fulfilling your delusional reasoning that you were better. Please go and sit down. You know nothing about the court ry you talk off

Do you know how hard not hard , impossible it is for businesses here to get loans. Inflation and cost of running business. Running mouth like leaked pipe

You can’t build the fantasy world bro, never, if you like use inverter, solar everywhere, you can’t, you can’t build the good roads, basic amenities, dust and dirt free environment, closed gutters, because even your president go to chill.. Nigeria is blessed, na leaders we no get, you can’t build the fantasy, I can pick up my passport, buy ticket and fly anywhere, unlike when you go arrange documents like who Dey find work go embassy, you can’t build the peace of mind.

No place is perfect no one is perfect either, but some basic of life needed to function.

You can’t build the fantasy world where the rich and poor gap no too dey. You can’t.

It’s not about money, or godfather, if Lagos get 80percent world class road and steady light, I go relocate to Nigeria.

Forget your money, no be money. Inferiority complex dey worry you

3 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Reference(m): 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2022
The place speaks a lot about the company and the folks that run it.
Details do matter.
I just hope the CEO is aware of the surroundings his food will be coming from.
Human capital in Africa is the least valued.

3 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

You can’t build the fantasy world bro, never, if you like use inverter, solar everywhere, you can’t, you can’t build the good roads, basic amenities, dust and dirt free environment, closed gutters, because even your president go to chill.. Nigeria is blessed, na leaders we no get, you can’t build the fantasy, I can pick up my passport, buy ticket and fly anywhere, unlike when you go arrange documents like who Dey find work go embassy, you can’t build the peace of mind.

Forget your money, no be money. Inferiority complex dey worry you

Inferiority complex coming from the person throwing abroad from thin air all over the place.

If I wasn't higher than you in all ramifications, you could have used your abroad thingey to bully me. Woe betide your going abroad there.

On top what. See this slug. On whatever level in life do you think you can compete with me. You no dey my level with your abroad I swear down. Not with a IQ of over 150, you don't come close. Nitwit
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by PattyMike(m): 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
For me this place just need retouching.

3 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2022
Elvis778:

I no get your time, slave master/slavery advocate, suite Ur self, people with my mentality will never settle for such, I repeat, if you need maids, go to the village, dem plenty, a qualified chef will never settle for this, unless the pay is really worth it.....so park well

And to be clear, I no dey trenches, maybe your generation dey, me I am not

I've never made a CV in my entire life. If one is to brag, it should be me. You know nothing about enterprise building. When you hear your almighty Elon Musk says he sleeps in the factory, you think where he sleeps is close to this apartment

Una no dey use una small brain. Little flashes here una go dey distracted. You managed to wiggle your way out with emotional clap back without tangible intelligent discussion

I repeat what I asked you. Don't you know the difference between rejecting an offer and accepting and calling out the other party. I'm sure if you had senses you'd understand the rationale of the situation. Obviously, you don't

Even God left his Almighty abode. Came down to formless void and started small. And your kinds with your grandeur want to start building from the top. Well done to your kinds. Last last na roaming about from rejecting opportunities over and over e una destiny. Na so your kinds be. Even when you should be at 1000, you remain at level 50 because of your delusional expectations

2 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 2:17pm On Jul 21, 2022
Reference:
The place speaks a lot about the company and the folks that run it.
Details do matter.
I just hope the CEO is aware of the surroundings his food will be coming from.
Human capital in Africa is the least valued.

Behind the scenes of over 60% of Nigerian companies is this way. I say this as a fact. From Guineas to Flour Mills, to Cadbury all have back room scenes like this and even worse
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Bionica: 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2022
GboyegaD:

That isn't part of the condition and the company isn't doing her a favor. If you say the job comes with an accommodation, the accommodation should be decent and conducive enough for living[b][/b]. She shouldn't be fixing their property. People should watch out for such greedy employers as they can never do any better.

And who dear Sir is the arbiter of 'decency and conducive'?

No wonder the massive attempt to relocate. You have been given employment and it comes with accomodation. Yes, the accomodation could be made better but then by who?

In her shoes I would turn around that place and it will transform in ways even the owner will be mesmerized.

Just an aside to buttress this point, a chef of Efik extraction was employed by a 'big man' in Ikoyi and given a one room apartment as her residence with a salary of 35k monthly.

Before she moved into that premisses it was a terrible place, pathways overgrown with weeds, terrible paintwork and of course a very untidy environment.

Fast forward to just two months when I had reason to visit the place again, the entire place had been completely transformed. It was an amazing sight to behold.

I wasn't therefore surprised to find out later in the year that she had been promoted to head of household with a salary of 100k. Less than one year.

We really need to see some of these obstacles as opportunities rather than complain at every juncture.

1 Like

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by crazymommy(f): 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

When you state accommodations in the offer, make it worthwhile, it’s an entitlement, you listed it in the offer, it’s not a bonus, it is a bonus is she asked for it and they offered, but the employer offered in the job offer, so rest. Read well, companies hardly give housing, but if it is stated in the offer, then make it worthwhile, you are not employing an animal, the uK own, you can complain to the company about what you want, PUT VALUE ON YOURSELF, raise your self confidence, you are the prize. When you know your worth, they need you as much as you need them especially if you are highly skilled.

Offer and entitlement in the same sentence?? In the same contract??

If you want to argue..at least argue with intelligence...I don't argue with those who are dull...just read what you just wrote...
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GboyegaD(m): 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

I own my company. I've never worked for anyone before. But I know how to not get unecessarily puffed up.

If you own your company then I put it to you yrhat you don't treat your staff right otherwise, you wouldn't have been ranting the way you did over her comment.

You know the accommodation isn't decent enough as you admitted she could Behind it up. Why would an employer prefer an employee using her paid salary to improve his property?

3 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2022
GboyegaD:

If you own your company then I put it to you yrhat you don't treat your staff right otherwise, you wouldn't have been ranting the way you did over her comment.

You know the accommodation isn't decent enough as you admitted she could Behind it up. Why would an employer prefer an employee using her paid salary to improve his property?

Put the spot light on yourself. You're the one with the loud mouth. Have you ever learnt what entry level in life is ?

If you were forthright you would have supported the idea of the employee working from home

Let's see if transportation cost of 120k per month and an apartment of 300k per month on the island totalling 420k per month can be managed with her finances

You people type fast without thinking deep

I will train my kids thru this toughness. Oga. If you want the glory, you must go thru the process.
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GboyegaD(m): 2:25pm On Jul 21, 2022
Truth234:

Sir, nobody is making excuses for the company. Nigeria is not a perfect system and unemployment is still 33.33%. You will never get a perfect company or organisation in an economy with Nigeria's metrics (borrowing cost of 14% and inflation rate at 18.6%.).

She needed the place painted and a few other things fixed. Meaning, the place is not entirely bad as other 6 staff are living in the same staff quarters before her arrival. She could improvise or approach it differently. Lets be realistic, that company has a choice. Unemployment is 33.33%.

She seems to be at war with the company. She is on LinkedIn begging people to help her make the post go viral. Causing all kinds of problems within a month of employment. Do you think people will want her drama going forward?

She can't manage crisis and not a team person. She is demarketing herself.

To start with, unemployment at 33.33%, she got a job and so are many others which means one can still get a job.

If the employer can't provide a conducive/decent accommodation, don't include that in there terms of contract. Let her decide if she's okay with the job at the pay the company is offering.

2 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Elvis778(m): 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

I've never made a CV in my entire life. If one is to brag, it should be me. You know nothing about enterprise building. When you hear your almighty Elon Musk says he sleeps in the factory, you think where he sleeps is close to this apartment

Una no dey use una small brain. Little flashes here una go dey distracted. You managed to wiggle your way out with emotional clap back without tangible intelligent discussion

I repeat what I asked you. Don't you know the difference between rejecting an offer and accepting and calling out the other party. I'm sure if you had senses you'd understand the rationale of the situation. Obviously, you don't

Even God left his Almighty abode. Came down to formless void and started small. And your kinds with your grandeur want to start building from the top. Well done to your kinds. Last last na roaming about from rejecting opportunities over and over e una destiny. Na so your kinds be. Even when you should be at 1000, you remain at level 50 because of your delusional expectations
I don't give 2 bleeps, I didn't even read past the 2 CVs,if you like, be Dangote himself, I will still spell it out clearly, reasonable people, will never settle for This trash u sugarcoat as employment...The fact that u as a self acclaimed rich man can eat food prepared by a chef using such rest room says alot about your personal hygiene...spits

Again, if you are in need of a maid, go to the village, infact I know maids serving humble families yet their living condition is 10 times better than this trash, but this is a standard chef we are talking about, you should be ashamed of your self.

4 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GboyegaD(m): 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2022
Maverick777:

Every time you type, I just cant help but ask myself if you even went to school, talk more of having all those degrees you once bragged about here.
The company stated they were offering an accommodation, did they state that they were offering a luxurious accommodation??
It isn't their fault that the employee had high expectations of a paradise in her head!
I mean, what does it take to clean up the place to reasonable standard, especially when its most likely the outgoing staff that even messed it up? Its not like she's doing any renovations or anything and it says a lot that the place even still looks decent after her obvious concerted efforts to make it look bad...
and yes, when a company in Nigeria offers you free accommodation, they're doing you a favor.

stop supporting thrash all in the name of forming woke.
you're embarrassing your last name.

Oga, you are the one embarrassing yourself here thinking you spoke wisely. If a company is offering an accommodation, it should at least be decent without one having to spend money fixing it. It is their accommodation and not hers.

5 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2022
Bionica:

And who dear Sir is the arbiter of 'decency and conducive'?

No wonder the massive attempt to relocate. You have been given employment and it comes with accomodation. Yes, the accomodation could be made better but then by who?

In her shoes I would turn around that place and it will transform in ways even the owner will be mesmerized.

Just an aside to buttress this point, a chef of Efik extraction was employed by a 'big man' in Ikoyi and given a one room apartment as her residence with a salary of 35k monthly.

Before she moved into that premisses it was a terrible place, pathways overgrown with weeds, terrible paintwork and of course a very untidy environment.

Fast forward to just two months when I had reason to visit the place again, the entire place had been completely transformed. It was an amazing sight to behold.

I wasn't therefore surprised to find out later in the year that she had been promoted to head of household with a salary of 100k. Less than one year.

We really need to see some of these obstacles as opportunities rather than complain at every juncture.

God bless your wisdom
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2022
Elvis778:

I don't give 2 bleeps, I didn't even read past the 2 CVs,if you like, be Dangote himself, I will still spell it out clearly, reasonable people, will never settle for This trash u sugarcoat as employment...The fact that u as a self acclaimed rich man can eat food prepared by a chef using such rest room says alot about your personal hygiene...spits

Like I stated, besides emotional rant, can you postulate intelligent discussions. Differentiate between rejection of offer and accepting and then nagging.

Use your senses. She wasn't forced at gun point to accept the job and then turn around to call out the employer
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GboyegaD(m): 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2022
crazymommy:

And how did you know the employment contracts based on listening to only the side of the lady's story??

Did you read the employment contracts for you to be able to know the terms and conditions that was given to her??

There are three sides to the story..

Her own side

The company side..

And the truth..

Which truth are we referring to here? The discussion here relates to the state of the accommodation.
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GboyegaD(m): 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

Put the spot light on yourself. You're the one with the loud mouth. Have you ever learnt what entry level in life is ?

If you were forthright you would have supported the idea of the employee working from home

Let's see if transportation cost of 120k per month and an apartment of 300k per month on the island totalling 420k per month can be managed with her finances

You people type fast without thinking deep

I will train my kids thru this toughness. Oga. If you want the glory, you must go thru the process.

Oga, I have tasted both sides of life and training kids through toughness doesn't mean they shouldn't know their right. Please, stop equating suffering with training kids to be content.

3 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by ajayiopy: 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2022
tasceige:
So I was minding my business checking around activities on LinkedIn, I came across one heavily engaged thread, this touched my heart and felt for the lady after resigning from her former place of work. Please read and share your view. If you have similar story, please feel free to share. I'm posting this here with her permission, hence this is not my content.

Further check also reveals that the said organization had floated another job vacancy for same role.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6950236850267504640/
BABA,
YOU CAN ACTUALLY MAKE THE ENVIRONMENT COMFORTABLE FOR YOURSELF ,WHILE YOU are buzy looking for another Job.
Getting you an accommodation in Lagos is a huge one.
Am a Manager and i have my own house but if i show you where i dey state in Abuja ,you will be amazed

1 Like

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2022
GboyegaD:

Oga, I have tasted both sides of life and training kids through toughness doesn't mean they shouldn't know their right. Please, stop equating suffering with training kids to be content.

Oga. Stop the deflection. Why couldn't she work from.home. Is a company supposed to house a worker in the first place?

You're slow
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Elvis778(m): 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2022
GboyegaD:

Oga, you are the one embarrassing yourself here thinking you spoke wisely. If a company is offering an accommodation, it should at least be decent without one having to spend money fixing it. It is their accommodation and not hers.
Exactly, the poverty in this country has really bleeped people's psych, if you claim you have accomodation (which probably will be indirectly paid by her through her salary) atleast it should be fair, she doesn't need to spend her money fixing floors...not like the tiles are cool and she's asking for a higher standard, it's obviously damaged and could cause serious injuries if not repaired.

4 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Elvis778(m): 2:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

Like I stated, besides emotional rant, can you postulate intelligent discussions. Differentiate between rejection of offer and accepting and then nagging.

Use your senses. She wasn't forced at gun point to accept the job and then turn around to call out the employer
U guys signed a contract right? Yes or no?
Did she call the manager out before complaining twice about the working condition?
Ok, u laid her off after the first month cuz she doesn't want to run delivery, and still refuse to pay her? what right do you have to attack her for calling the manager out?

2 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2022
Elvis778:

U guys signed a contract right? Yes or no?
Did she call the manager out before complaining twice about the working condition?
Ok, u laid her off after the first month cuz she doesn't want to run delivery, and still refuse to pay her? what right do you have to attack her for calling the manager out?

Your education is a waste. Tell people like her to turn down the offer and go home. Not call people out. They owe her nothing. You're not seeing her useless that she doesn't have a house to begin with. If she had a decent house and decent earning. She'll work from home. You're a blind nitwit
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Truth234(m): 2:44pm On Jul 21, 2022
GboyegaD:

To start with, unemployment at 33.33%, she got a job and so are many others which means one can still get a job.

If the employer can't provide a conducive/decent accommodation, don't include that in there terms of contract. Let her decide if she's okay with the job at the pay the company is offering.

So the same toilet she is sharing with other 6 staff is not decent? If jobs are readily available why is she crying on Linkedin and across social media for something that happened in June? Just move on to another simple.
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Elvis778(m): 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

Your education is a waste. Tell people like her to turn down the offer and go home. Not call people out. They owe her nothing. You're not seeing her useless that she doesn't have a house to begin with. If she had a decent house and decent earning. She'll work from home. You're a blind nitwit
And I really doubt u had an education at all, she already signed the contract and worked for a month, irrespective of the working condition, now u lay her off cuz she won't run delivery right? After a month, kindly pay her for that one month and let her go, quite reasoning like a re+ard

2 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Buchman1(m): 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2022
The warped sense of reasoning here is so appalling and heart wrenching.

That a lady who was expecting a decent accomodation as part of the contract of a job met with such a shitty apartment is disgraceful. If an employee can be treated this bad an entry level, then worse is more to come!
To y'all yapping about the girl not been humble, decency has eluded you.

3 Likes

Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
Elvis778:

And I really doubt u had an education at all, she already signed the contract and worked for a month, irrespective of the working condition, now u lay her off cuz she won't run delivery right? After a month, kindly pay her for that one month and let her go, quite reasoning like a re+ard

Good day. Irredeemable fool
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by GardenGreen: 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
Buchman1:
The warped sense of reasoning here is so appalling and heart wrenching.

That a lady who was expecting a decent accomodation as part of the contract of a job met with such a shitty apartment is disgraceful. If an employee can be treated this bad an entry level, then worse is more to come!
To y'all yapping about the girl not been humble, decency has eluded you.

Why can't she reject the offer and go home ?
Re: How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff by Elvis778(m): 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
GardenGreen:

Good day. Irredeemable fool
Good day, slowpoke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Job Vacancies For Today 29 June 2015 / Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection / Happening Now:candidates To Write Nigeria Navy Exams Asked To Sit On The Floor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.