Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,867 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

My Babe Is Too Clingy - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Babe Is Too Clingy (38634 Views)

Why Are Some Guys So Clingy? / Ever Since I Started Having Sex With My Neighbour,she Has Become Too Clingy / She Is Too Clingy. Is This Love Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by NemoDatQuod(m): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2022
if I may ask you a question : Did you read the news report about a girl who burnt her fiancee to death just a few days ago in Nigeria?

I imagine her fiance was on a site like this asking the same question you've just asked.

You minimise a fundamental character flaw by calling it "clingy".

Thank God I don't know you. So I won't have to shed a tear for you.

Brightw278:
Who else is having issues with a clingy girl. I have been in a relationship with my girl for sometime, everything has been going on fine a good girl and all you can desire in a lady.

The issue here is she is so clingy, I mean it’s good to be clingy but I think this one is extreme. The nature of my job make me leave house very early and come back late at night. Before I wake up she is calling me, at work she is calling, when I’m back she would have given me 10 missed calls.

We talk everyday, but sometimes a man just want sometime to himself, and if I miss just a call I will have to Dey/dx the reason for missing that call, not to talk of the explanations. Every missed calls is always a potential cheating scenario to her. She monitors my movement as Bleep, I have to tell her where I’m going, when I’m coming, even if I’m going to the rest room and I did not tell her she flare up.

I don’t think of settling with anybody else as this is only her flaw but how do I reduce this, it’s affecting me a lot, if I’m out with freinds she wants to know them, can’t even speak to femal colleagues at work anymore. How do I go about this m, she is a sweet person.

For the records I have never cheated on her before, she checks my phone from time to time too any chat with a female colleague and she is already suspecting me not until I open up the chats for her to read the contents and see we have nothing together. How do you all handle clingy girls it should not look like I’m overreacting

4 Likes

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by chika11sydney(m): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2022
nijaomegacode:
Somebody dey find clingy e no see. You get clingy you dey find hermit.
Man can not be satisfied!
Thank God I am a contented man.
be careful of what u wish for bro...make Dem no use u do kilishi o
Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by luminouz(m): 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2022
sansid:
I once dated a lady banker that was like this. She was very suspicious of my every move. 'twas not as if I ever cheated on her or anything. She would always call me on phone during office hours and after, countless times. And I dare not miss any of her calls; I would have to explain why later.

Anytime I visited her or she visited, she would take her time to go through my call record and have me explain why I had been on call with a certain 'Rachel for 2 mins.' It was not funny at all.

But guess what, we eventually broke up coz she was doing exactly what she had been suspecting me of. I caught her red handed and I was MAD! She came begging with her friend, Halima, but I didn't want such a toxic person around me anymore. I just had to let her go!

So bro, shine your eyes well...well..

Lol....

You are one of the few here who made sense...because you LEARNED.

Some clingy girls are insecure. But most clingy girls are doing exactly what they are accusing you of. It's a displacement strategy aimed at throwing you off their scent. In your mind, you'd think, if she calls or checks on me so often, then she must be honest and loyal. Not at all!!!

Good thing you broke up with her.

N.B: The first type of clingy girls are not cheats, but just insecure. Taking time to educate and be firm be her will sort out that issue. But the second type are crazy and are cheats.

One love

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2022
Brightw278:
Who else is having issues with a clingy girl. I have been in a relationship with my girl for sometime, everything has been going on fine a good girl and all you can desire in a lady.

The issue here is she is so clingy, I mean it’s good to be clingy but I think this one is extreme. The nature of my job make me leave house very early and come back late at night. Before I wake up she is calling me, at work she is calling, when I’m back she would have given me 10 missed calls.

We talk everyday, but sometimes a man just want sometime to himself, and if I miss just a call I will have to Dey/dx the reason for missing that call, not to talk of the explanations. Every missed calls is always a potential cheating scenario to her. She monitors my movement as Bleep, I have to tell her where I’m going, when I’m coming, even if I’m going to the rest room and I did not tell her she flare up.

I don’t think of settling with anybody else as this is only her flaw but how do I reduce this, it’s affecting me a lot, if I’m out with freinds she wants to know them, can’t even speak to femal colleagues at work anymore. How do I go about this m, she is a sweet person.

For the records I have never cheated on her before, she checks my phone from time to time too any chat with a female colleague and she is already suspecting me not until I open up the chats for her to read the contents and see we have nothing together. How do you all handle clingy girls it should not look like I’m overreacting

Get her a job....

1 Like

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Wickedfact: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2022
RIP in advance. That girl will kill and kill herself.
Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Gabkan7: 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2022
Wickedfact:

She is obsessed and idle. She can never be pleased as it is a mental condition. Na their type dey kill husband.
I Agree she might be idle with low self-esteem as a result of up bring or past experience. If this can be fix and her IQ boosted that won't make her a husband kill and she will behave to his taste.
just that the young man has work to do in order to fix her to his taste, mind you no perfect being out there
Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Class01: 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2022
Just like my last relationship. I really liked her buh I like my space. Funny enough she wasn't jobless as she a working class. Buh I guess there are something's we can't just understand.

1 Like

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Mcslize: 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2022
Let me tell you the truth. Girls like that are emotionally damaged girls. You might think her obsession is love. It's not. That's unhealthy way of expressing love.

She is doing what she is doing due to the type of guys she dated in her pasts. She has suffered from alot of toxic relationship that has reduced her self worth to the minimum.

Thus, her full blown come back obsession and controling spirit to control any man that she might end up dating. It happens to be you.

Her self esteem is low. She is doing all that as a revenge for all her past lifestyles. Girls like that mostly cheat.

They are very unstable emotionally and can hardly keep a relationship for long term. I know what I am saying bro. You are in a big trouble. Ladies like that are very vengeful and emotionally unstable. They have alot of mood swings and easily get angry.

If you read between the lines of what I typed to you now, you will definitely agree with me that most of what I mentioned, your girl exhibit them.

This is what we call toxic relationship not love.

I will advise you to discuss with her if she will change. If not, I don't see any future between two of you with that relationship. Ladies like that have a very vengeful spirit. Spirit of revenge and they can hardly keep any relationship they get into. Discuss with her if she will cut down that obsession and that anger aspect of her.

Brightw278

4 Likes

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Makowonda: 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2022
Lol!I know exactly how you feel because I've been there before,mine was worse because I never had the intention of marrying her.Breaking up with her was very difficult,she was like a rubber band to a catapult;the further I try to pull her away,the faster she came back to me.It wasn't a funny experience.Thanks to distance,she finally travelled to live with her brother in another distant state but managed to hold my neck tight from a distance for another four months before I finally pushed her off.Tah!

4 Likes

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Belteshazzar1: 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2022
Natbrowny:
U have ursef an obsessed girlfriend and i am not happy to tell you but i will

YOU ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE.
she could kill u via poison on mere suspicion

My Advice - BE RUTHLESS, better to be single than deal with an obsessed partner.

Good luck

What a wicked advice..
Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by hedonido: 5:33pm On Jul 22, 2022
R.U.N.
Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Llight101(m): 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2022
Brightw278:

Sit her down and have a chat with her. I was in something similar, just that mine was a distant one
Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Judolisco(m): 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2022
Brightw278:

she no get work? Immediately mine got a job it reduced immediately... Na me dey disturb her now

1 Like

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by elmagnifico411(m): 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2022
She isn't clingy, shes obsessed! And u dsid she has a sweet side? Abeg, tell us.. Better run when u still can.
Brightw278:

1 Like

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Sucolee(m): 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2022
If u wanna cheat on her,just get urself 2 fire extinguisher
Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by sammirano: 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
SimPlistic guy.

1 Like

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by ifihearam: 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
Do you check her phone also?
Girls like that suffer from guilty conscience, most times she calls to check on you she is probably with another man..
You also gave her that power over you as women know how to sense fear from weak men as lions to prey.

stand you ground and make her head correct or she will be your downfall

1 Like

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by grandstar(m): 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
Brightw278
Clingy behavior is a red flag. It is best you dump her.

Though you may think it's love, when excessive, it is very selfish. The clingy person is thinking only of his or herself.

The clingy person may be "emotionally detached" from you. She might be indifferent to your feelings or opinions, especially when it comes to making really very important decisions. I had a very clingy father. I was shocked that severe issues worrying me were left untouched by my him. As long as I was under his control, he was happy. I today suffer from social anxiety and trauma.

Let me use some examples here. Imagine there's a job opening in Port Harcourt and you'll be away for 6 months. She will be against you going even if the wages paid are dollars. She would want to follow you to Port Harcourt. What if it is on an offshore rig and women aren't allowed, just staff. She won't support your going

What of one that is not clingy. She would say that she does not like the job opening but respects your right to move. She may tell you that she may not be ready to wait. That she might have moved on by then. She wishes you the best that she does not want to ruin your job prospects. She might even be ready to wait. She might even be excited at your job offer

You read and hear of horrible cases where girlfriends have denied their partners of mind blowing opportunities by hiding employment letters, scholarships and many other offers. Funny thing is when they are married now and the husband isn't able to cater for the family, they will be the ones to cry out. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by marsup: 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
The day you mistakenly cheat on her, or she strongly suspects you of cheating, she would set you on fire.

1 Like

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Ijaya123: 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2022
Brightw278:

Stop sending her airtime.
Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by jahdoo360(m): 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2022
Natbrowny:
U have ursef an obsessed girlfriend and i am not happy to tell you but i will

YOU ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE.
she could kill u via poison on mere suspicion

My Advice - BE RUTHLESS, better to be single than deal with an obsessed partner.

Good luck

This is a delicate issue.
What if she goes hunting him. One thing about obsessed people is that they go with this mindset of "If can't have him/her no would''.

1 Like

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Jagznation(m): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2022
Na wetin man piking dey face be this ooo I no fit turn neck again look side ways grin weekends are now hell in a cell...to press phone na wahala

2 Likes

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2022
czarr:
Just because she is monitoring you doesn't mean she is not cheating on you, she may just be projecting and throwing you off her scent.

I'd advice you to not be deceived with her obsession, investigate her she is probably cheating.

This is a valid angle.
Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by ifihearam: 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2022
CuteMaro:
Your gf is just idle & has so much time in her hands. Get her engaged in something meaningful and interesting. Maybe get her to learn a skill while the strike is till on. That way she gets to be busy, meet new people and also engage in conversations outside her love for you.

And please stop letting her check your phone ! As a man you should not be totally predictable by ur woman. It’s called see finish! Once she’s totally sure you can’t ever cheat on her, u become boring & one day she’ll cheat on u with a new and more ‘interesting’ guy & tell you it’s a mistake.

Women love who they can’t control / predict…they spend their time trying to figure you out totally and that is what makes it interesting for them. Think of it like trying to win u over everyday.

When men allow women check their phones makes me wonder..no woman born of a woman would dare ask me to give her my phone to check,dem nor born her well..he ones that stole my passowrd long ago almost died of heart attck since then they chose to avoid my phone, you will se what will break you into pieces, you will know that i have a whole lot of options and with girls way more beautiful than you.

2 Likes

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by trudpo: 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2022
I agree with your line of thought.

Before considering break up or assuming she's obsessed and all. It's boredom that's worrying your gf. Find work give her, I mean serious work that won't make her have luxury of time. Insist she must learn work. Those calls will reduce trust me.
doggedfighter:

You are preoccupation for now. And this can be tiring.

Suggest she gets herself engaged with learning something. Just about anything of her interest.

Insist she does, if she doesn't want, explain why she should.

If it fails.

Take a look at yourself and tell yourself the truth only you can tell yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Munzy14(m): 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2022
Slynation:
Interesting...!! You have a lot of work to do, leaving such a relationship ain't gonna be an easy task I must tell you, I remembered vividly a friend of mine had a chronic clingy GF like this and she's the type that always threatened to injure/kill herself whenever anything wants to go south, it was so bad to the extent my guy became weak and depressed...

He has stylishly introduced the girl to different guys to date but she only wants him, he purposely cheated on her just to end the ship, but babe forgived him without him begging grin he just had to leave the state entirely for her, but she followed him oO after managing to get his new address from his sister grin Baba ran back to Kaduna and without telling anybody, not even me his tight man, he left Nigeria for Ghana...He only dropped a message that he's fine, nobody should look for him and that was how the girl managed to move on after her tears must have filled a Geepee tank for months...

To be very honest, I felt for her because her only crime was madly obsessed with my niggi...but there was absolutely no breathing space for my guy and Baba just had to do the needful
Lmao...Deep one!

He ran away from Love.
Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by brandsoncharlie: 6:06pm On Jul 22, 2022
chatinent:
Psychology says clingy ladies don't cheat.

Not true in every situation

1 Like

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Munzy14(m): 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
ifihearam:

When men allow women check their phones makes me wonder..no woman born of a woman would dare ask me to give her my phone to check,dem nor born her well..he ones that stole my passowrd long ago almost died of heart attck since then they chose to avoid my phone, you will se what will break you into pieces, you will know that i have a whole lot of options and with girls way more beautiful than you.
If your girlfriend or wife cannot comfortably pick your phone to run one or two stuffs, you guys are deceiving each other.

2 Likes

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by izibili44: 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
Guy learn from that osun guy that the wife burn with �.

1 Like

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by sanya4good(m): 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
My advice
Try to build your trust in her, she must be able to trust you to the extent of letting you be on your own for days without disturbing you with calls and be confident any where she is that you are for her alone. Without this the relationship is a bondage for the two of you.
I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Munzy14(m): 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2022
Jagznation:
Na wetin man piking dey face be this ooo I no fit turn neck again look side ways grin weekends are now hell in a cell...to press phone na wahala
At a point in some men's life, they will date such a lady... grin

She will just want you cuddled up with her...No space.. grin grin
Re: My Babe Is Too Clingy by Popoabio: 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2022
Choice when to pick her calls and tell her, if she call you when the time you gave her is not up to, that is her wahala. Is she like let her kill her self

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Spiritual Husband:unknown Problems Of Women / Guys 6 Reasons Ladies Ignore Your Post On Social Media / Tips To Differentiate Between A Loving Girlfriend And A Pretender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.