Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ (63964 Views)

Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears She Might Not Leave The Country / Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Insufficient Fund / Toyin Lawani Says She Won’t Proceed With The Butt Surgery She Has Paid For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by RealEzee(m): 11:14pm On Jul 24, 2022
Shebi na d organizers invite her to perform wetin come b Yemi inside d matter?

D organizers no fit pay n dem dey blame Yemi ,na rubbish b dis na
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by InvertedHammer: 11:21pm On Jul 24, 2022
Righteousness2:
No matter the nation you are denied visa to , Ensure you are not denied the Visa to Heaven. Because you can enter the whole of Europe, America, Asia, Antarctica,etc. But if you miss Heaven, you have wasted your life.

The visa to Heaven is Holiness, without which no one will see JESUS Christ . The foundation of holiness is a genuine relationship with JESUS Christ.
/
Oyibo denied visa to many Africans trying to migrate to Europe/US/Canada/Australia. They want them to remain in their shithole continent. But for some magical reasons beyond comprehension, the same Oyibo promised you Africans that a white-bearded old white grandpa will let you into heaven if you behave well. And you gaddemn Africans believe them. If heaven really exists, no Black will be allowed entry.

Then I thought about it. If black people (especially Nigerians) can believe MMM, tithes, 86FB, MBAForex, and other numerous Ponzi schemes that routinely clean them out; then the concept of heaven guarded by Oyibo people will be an easy sell.

/

2 Likes

Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by mvem(m): 11:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
MuslimIgbo:
grin

They must be really stupid.

See wetin our old fool leaders and government dey cause angry angry angry
for their own country and rules ?

1 Like

Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by planetx: 11:43pm On Jul 24, 2022
No way is Yemi Alade running away at this stage to stay in Canada, I can vouch for her. This is like Wizkid, Tiwa or Burna Boy running away after a show abroad. Maybe one of her band members but not her
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by pargelenis(m): 11:54pm On Jul 24, 2022
Omonstarr:
When I have up to Visas to at least 27 countries including European, US, Canada and some Asians countries
North Korea too? shocked
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by dchamp234(m): 12:01am On Jul 25, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
An unmarried woman above 30 is always a risk
Guy lower your voice abeg, I no fit separate fight...

1 Like

Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by Gkored: 12:05am On Jul 25, 2022
Before blaming Nigeria for this, we should also ask if she has not been overstaying her Visa in other countries before now.

And it might also be that the documentations submitted were not convincing.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by pquaver(m): 12:15am On Jul 25, 2022
Slmgirldippussy:
Una see am..no vote Buhari
Una no gree
Sai baba

Na so we dey shout no vote obi nascam.. Una don dey do head like agama lizard.. Until Nigeria become like Onitsha everyone ho rest, if not for Obiano small anambra for get airport?
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by BigIyanga: 12:16am On Jul 25, 2022
Righteousness2:
No matter the nation you are denied visa to , Ensure you are not denied the Visa to Heaven. Because you can enter the whole of Europe, America, Asia, Antarctica,etc. But if you miss Heaven, you have wasted your life.

The visa to Heaven is Holiness, without which no one will see JESUS Christ . The foundation of holiness is a genuine relationship with JESUS Christ.
Heaven is a fallacy sold to Africans by EU colonizers while stealing and milking our continent dry
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by Kurumaru: 12:55am On Jul 25, 2022
The5DME:
She's probably broke. Can't remember the last time I heard any of her songs on radio, or watched any of her music videos.
Dat might not be true bro... Canadian visa officials are just crazy... I once applied with my wife about 4 years ago while on visit in London , with an account balance of about 42mill, evidence of landed props etc.. And we were denied on financial grounds.. Couldnt help the laughter when I saw their reject letter..

1 Like

Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by Ajenikoko89: 1:08am On Jul 25, 2022
planetx:
No way is Yemi Alade running away at this stage to stay in Canada, I can vouch for her. This is like Wizkid, Tiwa or Burna Boy running away after a show abroad. Maybe one of her band members but not her
I think it should be the problem of the organiser of the event, Yemi Alade had been to Canada severally and she shouldnt pose any threat of not wanting to come back
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by Amotekun777: 1:10am On Jul 25, 2022
Seniorwriter:
All thanks to your government yemi....that's how low our government has portrayed her citizens...

@Seniorwriter

She for don misbehave in the past or maybe one of her entourage no gree return in past trips.

Na dem celebrities like Yemi Alade 9ja government dey use for dem campaign na. Who cares?
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by Cromagnon: 1:36am On Jul 25, 2022
festacman:
I thought our artistes are doing well financially. So what's the issue with Yemi Alade not having impressive bank balance to convince the embassy.

I am confused.
it has nothing to do with that. It's a random thing.
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by EgunMogaji2: 2:00am On Jul 25, 2022
toffyz:
Are they not the one to sponsor her and her crew?

I mean the Organizers o

Because I don't understand

Right. But one show ls income is not enough to overcome the proof required that she’ll return.

I’m jut concerned about precedents,
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by Midas01: 2:04am On Jul 25, 2022
Celebobo is the stage name of another musician na... Na wa o
JoshTim:
Yemi Alade has been singing trash of late. She sings and sound south African, speaking gilberish that isn't understood by the street. Wetin be cele bobo
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by walozanga(m): 2:34am On Jul 25, 2022
Lol... Madam u are not leaving this kwantri
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by MartinsD12(m): 2:51am On Jul 25, 2022
afroniger:

https://saharareporters.com/2022/07/23/canada-denies-nigerian-musician-yemi-alade-visa-over-fears-%E2%80%98she-won%E2%80%99t-leave-country%E2%80%99
This one wetin she dey sing self , this one is more or less a social media marketer displaying her body on social media thinking it's the way to influence her trashy music and fame .
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by Unrated900(m): 3:34am On Jul 25, 2022
festacman:
I thought our artistes are doing well financially. So what's the issue with Yemi Alade not having impressive bank balance to convince the embassy.

I am confused.

Most of this artist are over rated financially
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by Poleski: 3:43am On Jul 25, 2022
Righteousness2:

Nonexistent place.
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by olusegxz: 3:49am On Jul 25, 2022
Kurumaru:

Dat might not be true bro... Canadian visa officials are just crazy... I once applied with my wife about 4 years ago while on visit in London , with an account balance of about 42mill, evidence of landed props etc.. And we were denied on financial grounds.. Couldnt help the laughter when I saw their reject letter..

They look for steady income stream. If that money lands in your account suddenly (btw are you a thief lol or politician lol), anyway a sudden injection of income will look like a desperation to japa, and it will be a negative. Maybe at the time she was applying the income was not steady or up to the minimum they required. Either way it is totally embarrassing. And now that it is all over the news other countries will now take note. Any serious artist who wants international shows and is not big like wiz or American citizen like Davido, britico like tiwa etc should buy $150k house in St Kitts and get auto citizenship. At least it has visa to many countries pass nig. Someone once said and this is someone in the industry the big fish himself, that in music like life only the top 1% make 99 percent of the money, then the remaining 99% of artists share the 1 percent of money left. And It is true. All the others just dey manage. Forget if you are not Davido, wiz, burna, Omah lay, tems, fireboy, olamide I doubt you are making pass most salary earners sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by ajl: 3:50am On Jul 25, 2022
festacman:

I am confused.

Most of you are not seeing what the foreign countries are seeing. They know Nigeria is about to collapse and a lot of people will be finding a way out with plans not to return soon. Most of you at home still don't have a clue what's about to hit you.
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by kabasa24: 4:19am On Jul 25, 2022
She won japa
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by sweetkev(m): 5:00am On Jul 25, 2022
ogbonti:

This is the result of a useless government elected by unintelligent and ethno-religious minded Nigerians

He is from my tribe, he may be corrupt - I don’t care, he may lack capacity to deliver good leadership - but i will rather vote for him than vote for someone i know can do a better job. My tribe must win - my religious faith must win - That is how we got into this hole today where the living and even the dead can not rest in peace in Nigeria as their skulls are getting mined for money rituals…. killings, kidnappings, rapes and arson everywhere smh

we all forget at the end of the day, we all carry the green passport and the foreign embassy see us collectively as “NIGERIANS” - not Hausa
man or Igbo man or yoruba man BUT Nigerians

you think the Canadians don’t know that even the super rich in Nigeria are looking for ways to run away from the sinking ship called the Nigerian State ? where every billionaire is just one or two kidnappings away from becoming a poor man? (after paying ridiculously huge ransoms) ?

when that bank manager payed N100m (which is about $167,000) to regain his freedom from the Kaduna train bandits, you think Canadian Authorities didn’t hear about it ?

How many Canadians have $167,000 in their bank accounts? propably less than 2% of their population - and even Alade knows she can be kidnapped too just like any other Nigerian living in Nigeria… because the country is not safe for anyone

These are the factors they considered when they denied her visa thinking she and her band members want to run away - you see the insult bad government is making western countries to dish out to even our so called celebrities?

IF they can do it to Alade, then you reading this my response who is bent on voting for Tinubu or Atiku, na the one dem go do you for embassy in the future na him go worse pass

make ona dey vote based on tribe and religion ona hear - i hate nansense!
My brother, 95 percent of Nigerians are stupid. They love and support their corrupt politicians. They deserve what they are passing through from bad governance. The most painful thing is the masses that you are fighting for don't even know they are suffering, believing things are normal the way they are grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by sweetkev(m): 5:05am On Jul 25, 2022
pansophist:
Meanwhile, a homeless American madman doesn't need a visa to enter Canada in the first place. By the virtue of his US nationality, all he has to do is buy a ticket or drive to the border and zoom, off he goes to enjoy Canada.

Meanwhile, a well-known Nigerian celebrity is being denied by probably some intern at the embassy that doesn't know her, is jealous that she has a bigger booty, famous and prettier than her, then abused her power by issuing a denial, using some flimsy excuse as the reason.

This is the true meaning of ''charity begins at home''. If your home is not good, others would not welcome you in theirs. If Nigeria refuses to do the work needed to make other nations respect its citizens, then they will perpetually be subjected to such humiliation, and even Dangote will not be left out of it.

A few months ago, news circulated in western media about the Former Afghan Communication Minister Sayed Sadaat delivering food by bicycle in Germany, imagine Fashola working for the equivalent of a Jumia delivery man in the dark winter of Europe, all just because we refused to develop our own home. The sins of the father will always trickle down to the children until the children do something about it. It is just the laws of nature.

Me and you, and the visa officer that denied her know fully well that Yemi Alade will leave Canada after her performance. Why would she humiliate herself to stay in Canada? She is bigger than that. At most, the embassy might issue her the visa and not her crew, but to deny her? it goes more than that. Her passport must be filled with entry/exit stamps of numerous countries and visas, and she was denied?

Sha japa if you have the means, and get a good passport for yourself. Nigeria was not created by Nigerians, for Nigerians, with the interest of Nigerians in mind, and guess what? it would only get worse, I am sure you know that already. There is no stagnancy in life. It is either you are going forward, or backward, and if you are not going forward, then you are going backward. Nigeria is going backward, and until there is national reconciliation, something closest to the confab that GEJ did, Nigeria will only get worse. I am glad I saw the sinking ship in time and left it, I pray you to do the same.
You are wise. You took the right decision. Nigeria can never get better with those corrupt politicians running things in that country.
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by sweetkev(m): 5:07am On Jul 25, 2022
Simplythebest:
Thanks to APC and their change, by this time 9 years ago 500k can give u more than 3k dollars at the black market rate but today 500k can't even give u 1k dollars honestly we are really in trouble. I just hope we will make right decision this coming election.
Make what right decision. You think your vote will count in presidential election ? The best you can do for yourself and family is to leave the country to a sane country where things work grin
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by Kurumaru: 5:20am On Jul 25, 2022
olusegxz:

They look for steady income stream. If that money lands in your account suddenly (btw are you a thief lol or politician lol), anyway a sudden injection of income will look like a desperation to japa, and it will be a negative. Maybe at the time she was applying the income was not steady or up to the minimum they required. Either way it is totally embarrassing. And now that it is all over the news other countries will now take note. Any serious artist who wants international shows and is not big like wiz or American citizen like Davido, britico like tiwa etc should buy $150k house in St Kitts and get auto citizenship. At least it has visa to many countries pass nig. Someone once said and this is someone in the industry the big fish himself, that in music like life only the top 1% make 99 percent of the money, then the remaining 99% of artists share the 1 percent of money left. And It is true. All the others just dey manage. Forget if you are not Davido, wiz, burna, Omah lay, tems, fireboy, olamide I doubt you are making pass most salary earners sef.

My dear brother.. I know u were joking about the thief and politician stuff,but dats[b] the way the Nigerian police and Sars guys think[/b].U don't have to be any of the two to have such money.
Inbtwn, I got the visa the second time with a lesser amount( as result of spending) .. Also I do all my visas myself indicating that I understand lumpsomes and other tricks..
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by ogbonti: 5:23am On Jul 25, 2022
sweetkev:
My brother, 95 percent of Nigerians are stupid. They love and support their corrupt politicians. They deserve what they are passing through from bad governance. The most painful thing is the masses that you are fighting for don't even know they are suffering, believing things are normal the way they are grin

you are very correct - the bolded part is most unfortunate! undecided
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by hardbody: 5:27am On Jul 25, 2022
afroniger:

https://saharareporters.com/2022/07/23/canada-denies-nigerian-musician-yemi-alade-visa-over-fears-%E2%80%98she-won%E2%80%99t-leave-country%E2%80%99

Dem go still stand up go vote Tinumbu as sufferty and global embarrassment no dey tire dem. Emilokan people, na just the beginning.
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by everythinggirly(f): 5:29am On Jul 25, 2022
Sorry ma.
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by hardbody: 5:31am On Jul 25, 2022
sweetkev:
Make what right decision. You think your vote will count in presidential election ? The best you can do for yourself and family is to leave the country to a sane country where things work grin

Is this not becoming stale?
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:45am On Jul 25, 2022
festacman:

I am confused.

She may, but what of her drummer? The backup singer?

The stars may be big, but the ordinary folks that help them get there are not.
Re: Canada Denies Yemi Alade Visa Over Fears ‘she Won’t Leave The Country’ by Chiboto414: 5:47am On Jul 25, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

Don’t think so, maybe too many unnecessary crew, she fit don go add people join collect money
l am almost believing this..yes it's very possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture / Actress Nora Nkiruka Ugo Is Dead (Photos) / A Closer Look At Bobrisky's Skin And Chest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.