Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Does Dress-Sense Matter? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Dress-Sense Matter? (8720 Views)

Does P*nis Size Really Matter? See What S*x Experts Say (must Read) / TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Pweety4me(f): 12:52pm On Jul 31, 2011
Does it matter to you? when we are talking first meetings, first impressions?

Do you care how the guy/girl styles herself?the clothing brand he/she rocks(wears)?the colours they wear?

Since we are all so obsessed will looks. . .and LUST  comes before LOVE technically so what people wear and the way they wear them should matter?

For me personally, presentation & carriage does matters there are not a lot of guys around with swag sense wink & who know how to carry themself cool but naa i'm not really a fashion or designer moth so i don't really care for that, as long as he's dressed very decently like a responsible gentleman i'm good. smiley

Your views

Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Pweety4me(f): 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2011
The only reason i MAY want to date a guy who rocks designer, is to show him off to friends?. . .girls that do that r plain stupidddd sha in my opinion.
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Goldieluks: 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2011
I love designers and i like my guy to look good,so i always advise him to go
for clean cut designer wears,not those flashy ones,and i promise you,he always looks good on them.

to me ,i believe that 'you are what you wear'
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Pweety4me(f): 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2011
Goldieluks:

I love designers and i like my guy to look good,so i always advise him to go
for clean cut designer wears,not those flashy ones,and i promise you,he always looks good on them.

to me ,i believe that 'you are what you wear'

Says the girl who insists on her guy wearing designer tongue
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Goldieluks: 1:21pm On Jul 31, 2011
No your getting me wrong now,

when i mentioned designers,i meant clothes like Emperio Armani,Ralph lauren,Polo,Locoste,Hugo boss,Adidas,Diesel,Levis,(for the bigger boys) tongue
and so on.

by the way,who says designer clothes makes you look irresponsible? it is how you dress,that portrays you as irresponsible,vice versa.
both guys and ladies.
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Pweety4me(f): 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2011
Lol i never said it makes you look irresponspble?who on earth said that shocked

I just don't really care for it, different strokes for differents folks tongue
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Goldieluks: 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2011
Pweety4me:

Does it matter to you? when we are talking first meetings, first impressions?

Do you care how the guy/girl styles herself?the clothing brand he/she rocks(wears)?the colours they wear?

Since we are all so obsessed will looks. . .and LUST comes before LOVE technically so what people wear and the way they wear them should matter?

For me personally, presentation does matters there are not a lot of guys around with swag sense wink cool but naa i'm not really a fashion or designer moth so i don't really care for that, as long as he's dressed very decently like a[b] responsible[/b] gentleman i'm good. smiley

Your views

Yeah right!!! tongue

whatever rocks your boat,woman!
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Pweety4me(f): 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2011
Lool i was refering to the question i asked in my post na. . .i wasn't saying designer is irresponsible or makes a p[erson look irresponsible. . .now your making me look like i hate & can't affford designer grin tongue tongue
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Goldieluks: 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2011
Lol, you made your statement and you ate it, cheesy tongue

who says you cannot afford designers? undecided grin
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Cuddlemii: 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2011
I will say presentation and appearance matters a lot. Its the way you are dressed that you would be addressed. When you look good, there is that confidence in you. I am not talking about being vain or overtly flashy. Simple dressing can suffice cos looking good is good business.

I like well groomed men. If you are shabby or scruffy every time I want to kiss you, I would always be withdrawn.

A guys has to dress sharp and walk swiftly. He has to have charisma abeg. Some guys don't have much clothes but the way they take care of those clothes and wear those clothes, you would just be filled with smiles.

Looking good does not have to conflict with your personality or change who you are. It just shows you are radiating and celebrating your happy and fulfilled life. So being good or decent or loyal to a babe doesn't mean you must not tidy up & look good.

Infact, wear your personality. Let your clothes explain your kind of person. Let your presentation illustrate who you are.

Even if your guy has a wacky dress sense, you can pim-p him up. It doesn't have to be expensive or designer clothing but abeg its a must to look your best.
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Pweety4me(f): 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2011
Goldieluks:

Lol, you made your statement and you ate it, cheesy tongue

who says you cannot afford designers? undecided grin
Correlation duh. . .some1 who can't afford it might be more likely to hate it tongue [s]ok i just said it cus i thought u might say it [/s] tongue

I actually can't afford it sha. . .i'm just a lil lady in AJ
tongue
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Goldieluks: 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2011
Pweety4me:

Correlation duh. . .some1 who can't afford it might be more likely to hate it tongue [s]ok i just said it cus i thought u might say it [/s] tongue

I actually can't afford it sha. . .i'm just a lil lady in AJ
tongue

Ofcourse i know why you said it,am not dumb. cool

you live in AJ and can't afford it huh?
i'd say a big AMEN to that. tongue tongue
duh! embarassed
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Pweety4me(f): 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2011
Na you know ooo. . . smiley
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Goldieluks: 2:55pm On Jul 31, 2011
Lol,na you talk am ooh!

ok back to toothpik! topic.
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Mynd44: 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2011
As long as she has a massive sense of humour and is intelligent, the appearance does not matter
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by lindabon: 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2011
appearance matters to me.
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Cuddlemii: 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2011
Mynd_44:

As long as she has a massive sense of humour and is intelligent, the appearance does not matter

True that.

We are not talking about beauty but presentation. Can you date an intelligent babe who is dirty scruffy & rough looking. Or wears clothes that are torn and her underwear shows dangling from her fabric? Or her hair is always flying?
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by BABE3: 6:07pm On Jul 31, 2011
First of all- Nicki Minaj's shoes are ugly! What's up with the extra scarf---why is she tying scarf for her shoe? undecided

I'm 100% into fashion so, DRESS-SENSE matter bajebaje! In fact that's the first thing I access in people. I judge you (prejudice) not only by the presentation, but how "fashion-forward" and "how well put together" they're looking.

I appreciate people that put a lot of time in making themselves look good (dress-wise). It says a whole lot.

It's not a matter of brand though. I don't care if you're rocking Gucci or Givenchy---sha look good!

I hate when the males nowadays go the extra mile to make themselves look bad. angry

Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Scooby1(m): 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2011
Not bad for a first date, No long tin! grin grin grin grin

Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2011
It does matters a lot to me. Some chick are dressing murderers. .baddest color combination. It doesn't matter if you have the most expensive designer wears what matters is how you matched em
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Mynd44: 6:57pm On Jul 31, 2011
She most atleast have basic dress sense but for me, brains matter most just like BABE!
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by MrsChima(f): 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2011
BABE!:

First of all- Nicki Minaj's shoes are ugly! What's up with the extra scarf---why is she tying scarf for her shoe? undecided

I'm 100% into fashion so, DRESS-SENSE matter bajebaje! In fact that's the first thing I access in people. I judge you (prejudice) not only by the presentation, but how "fashion-forward" and "how well put together" they're looking.

I appreciate people that put a lot of time in making themselves look good (dress-wise). It says a whole lot.

It's not a matter of brand though. I don't care if you're rocking Gucci or Givenchy---sha look good!

I hate when the males nowadays go the extra mile to make themselves look bad. angry

I am into fashion too. I have a very unique sense of fashion and very good with mixing colors which show in my clothing and interior designs.

Nicki Minaj is one of the WORST dresser in the celebrity world however if that her "look" then it looks good on HER. lipsrsealed

The Steve Madden shoes look better than Brian Atwood shoes. That's a good price for some decent shoes by the way.

My strategy is simplistic. I use basic colors with one or two accent colors then I either use one accessory with one jewelry. I have seen women wear too man accessories with jewelries and their colors are WAY OFF.

It is dangerous to mix two fashion style together because it looks tacky and gaudy. lipsrsealed
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by BABE3: 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I am into fashion too. I have a very unique sense of fashion and very good with mixing colors which show in my clothing and interior designs.

Nicki Minaj is one of the WORST dresser in the celebrity world however if that her "look" then it looks good on HER. lipsrsealed

The Steve Madden shoes look better than Brian Atwood shoes. That's a good price for some decent shoes by the way.

My strategy is simplistic. I use basic colors with one or two accent colors then I either use one accessory with one jewelry. I have seen women wear too man accessories with jewelries and their colors are WAY OFF.

It is dangerous to mix two fashion style together because it looks tacky and gaudy. lipsrsealed

I thought I was the only one that noticed. grin Kim kardashian and Kourtney kardashian are the best dressed celebrity to me. They hardly look bad.

My style is about keeping it simple too, but making a statement with one component of my outfit . If I'm wearing a crazy pair of heels, you won't catch me dead in a crazy dress. If I'm wearing excessive bracelets, I wouldn't be wearing earnings or rings. E.t.c

I also love COLORS! cheesy

Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by BABE3: 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2011
smiley

Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by coogar: 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2011
BABE!:

I thought I was the only one that noticed.  grin Kim kardashian and Kourtney kardashian are the best dressed celebrity to me. They hardly look bad.

My style is about keeping it simple too, but making a statement with one component of my outfit . If I'm wearing a crazy pair of heels, you won't catch me dead in a crazy dress. If I'm wearing excessive bracelets, I wouldn't be wearing earnings or rings.  E.t.c

I also love COLORS!  cheesy

posh beckham!
sarah jessica parker!!
halle berry!!!
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by BABE3: 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2011
coogar:

posh beckham!

Though posh is one of my "fashion idols"(so to speak)--- Kim K. and Kourtney are BADDER! They too make sense! cheesy

They are so cool! Just look at them----

Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by MrsChima(f): 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2011
BABE!:

I thought I was the only one that noticed.  grin Kim kardashian and Kourtney kardashian are the best dressed celebrity to me. They hardly look bad.

My style is about keeping it simple too, but making a statement with one component of my outfit . If I'm wearing a crazy pair of heels, you won't catch me dead in a crazy dress. If I'm wearing excessive bracelets, I wouldn't be wearing earnings or rings.  E.t.c

I also love COLORS!  cheesy

Now THAT'S simple and pretty.  Nice baby girl.   wink

Mixed fashion styles are NO NOs.  When I go to work, I have on a nice pair of black slacks with either pumps or boots both black, summer color top, hair style is simple but neat with curls, and matching purse with the either the watch/bracelet or earrings.
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2011
With your thick legs? OMG NO NO NO
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by BABE3: 7:49pm On Jul 31, 2011
coogar:

posh beckham!
sarah jessica parker!!
halle berry!!!

Halle berry? I have no idea---I don't really stalk her, so I wouldn't know.

SJP?--- I don't stalk her either, but I think she's aight. I've seen her in some "fashion police" situations though.  grin
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by coogar: 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2011
BABE!:

Halle berry? I have no idea---I don't really stalk her, so I wouldn't know.

SJP?--- I don't stalk her either, but I think she's aight. I've seen her in some "fashion police" situations though.  grin

Back to Kim and Kourt.

cheryl cole!
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by MrsChima(f): 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2011
REALITY101:

With your thick legs? OMG NO NO NO

Just because YOUR BABY MOMMA is fat doesn't mean everybody else are.  

Stop thinking the world looks like YOUR BABY MOMMA.   lipsrsealed

Now getting back to Babe.  Kim and Kort SOMETIMES look decent but I have caught them in some fashion NO NOs.  

Now that Kloe is a different story.  She wears that bleeped up LEOPARD print skull cap like a window licker.
Re: Does Dress-Sense Matter? by MrsChima(f): 7:53pm On Jul 31, 2011
Babe,

Have you seen their clothing store online? DASH is the name of their clothing store. They have some nice clothing pieces that you can create your own style.

I don't know if you have Baker's, Rainbow's, and Simply Fashion in your area but they are good with variety of earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and purses.

They have just recently added hat collections now because the older women were complaining.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Can We Say A Guy Is Disvirgined? / I Masturbate With Some Guys Image But I Will Refuse Them In Real Life / Men Stop Dating And Having Sex With Little Girls!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.