Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,998 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL (16304 Views)

Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional / Woman Sows Seed With Her Husband's Car In Delta Church (Photos) / Pastor Forces Woman To Use Her Suv To Sow Seed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 10:41am On Nov 11, 2022
PST. SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday November 11, 2022

*God delights in Your Praise*

*Psalms 149:1-9*
_Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song. Sing his praises in the assembly of the faithful. O Israel, rejoice in your Maker. O people of Jerusalem, exult in your King. Praise his name with dancing, accompanied by tambourine and harp. For the Lord delights in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. Let the faithful rejoice that he honors them. Let them sing for joy as they lie on their beds. Let the praises of God be in their mouths, and a sharp sword in their hands— to execute vengeance on the nations and punishment on the peoples, to bind their kings with shackles and their leaders with iron chains, to execute the judgment written against them. This is the glorious privilege of his faithful ones. Praise the Lord!_

A preacher once said that praise is God’s delicacy. The way a man salivates at the sight of his sumptuously prepared favorite meal is the way God “eats” the praises of his people. The bible tells us clearly that God inhabits the praises of his people. We see all through scriptures how God intervened on the behalf of his people as soon as they began praising him. A notorious example is that of Jehoshaphat in 2 Chronicles 20 when three different nations combined forces to destroy him and his army. It is bad enough for a nation coming to do battle with another nation but the thought of three to one was enough to send shivers down their spines.

This invitation to war already looked a hopeless situation and as expected, his men began to panic, but Jehoshaphat knew the delicacy of God. He knew that God inhabits the praises of his people. He knew that praise was the only weapon of war they could deploy that would guarantee their victory. The bible records that as Jehoshaphat and his army began to sing and to praise God, the Lord set an ambush against the children of Ammon, Moab and Mount Seir who came against Judah and they were smitten. When they were done with mount Seir, the remnant of the enemies helped to destroy one another.

We must therefore understand that Judah never lifted a sword or weapon to fight their battle because they had handed over the battle to the God in praise. Praise is a weapon of war and Judah means praise. This tells us that no force of the enemy can withstand praise because God is a mighty warrior who has never lost a battle. Whenever he steps into a situation, that matter is decided in his favour. Praise was the weapon Jehoshaphat and his men deployed and God showed up in a big way to deliver them. Remember Paul and Silas in prison? As soon as they began to praise, God manifested himself in that situation to deliver them from their chains. Get the weapon of praise on today and put his praise on your lips. He is coming in a big way!

*Prayer*
Father, help me to put your praise continually on my lips.

*Declaration*
I will bless the Lord at all times
His praise shall continually be in my mouth
I will praise him in psalms, hymns and spiritual songs
I will praise him in a dance
For the Lord is worthy of all praises.

1 Like

Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:17am On Nov 12, 2022
PST. SUNDAY & PST.CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday November 12, 2022

*REMAIN IN HIS LOVE*

John 15:9
_“I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love._

*1 Peter 2:21 - 23*
_For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps. He never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when he was insulted, nor threaten revenge when he suffered. He left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly._

At one time or the other, we will be subject to injustice by men. There will be times when men will treat us unfairly and hurt us deeply in the process. Christ our perfect example comes to mind in addressing this kind of situations. Broken, busted and battered, hanging bloodied on the cross between two criminals after being falsely accused and brutally crucified for crimes he knew nothing of, Jesus kept his peace. And as if it wasn’t all bad enough, he kept being ridiculed and jeered at by the very ones for whom he poured out his life. In that dismal state, Jesus uttered these immortal words: “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing” (Luke 23:34).

I bet that’s a very unlikely response I’d give if I was in his shoes. Yet, he has called us to walk in his steps.I dare to say that those golden words of Jesus forever echo the voice of love. Loving is easy when people behave well towards us, but love’s mettle is tested when people are cruel, disrespectful and spiteful to us.

Loving is sweet when we’re praised and appreciated, yet how do we know we truly love until we’re reviled, slandered and unjustly treated? Indeed, till our love is tested, it really can’t be trusted; this implies that we cannot escape the unpleasant tests of love whenever they’re due – Jesus did not, who are we to?
The onus lies on us to choose to remain in love whether we receive the same or not, and to keep battling the raging voice of the flesh to a silence when our love is tested. Christ has given us an example of love in demonstrating unequalled forgiveness, and no matter how many times we fail at doing the same, we mustn’t give up but keep seeking to love, forgive and remain in his love.

*Prayer*
Lord Jesus, teach me to love as you love.

*Declaration*
I’m a love being;
The love of God dwells in me, And this love is daily made manifest in my life as I give freely and forgive readily.
I love like Christ,
I give like Christ,
I forgive like Christ.
My love walk is in his steps.Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:31am On Nov 13, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday November 13, 2022

*THE HEART*

*1 PETER 2:1*
_So get rid of all evil behavior. Be done with all deceit, hypocrisy, jealousy, and all unkind speech._

Our heart is a gift from God and like every gift, it must be treasured and valued. Our heart is like a soil where seeds are planted and expected to grow. In the parable of the sower, the bible talks about different conditions of the heart and how it can hinder the growth of the word. We ought to properly guard our hearts from things that will hinder the germination of the word.

Things like offence, bitterness and malice can soil our hearts and prevent us from receiving from God. We need to live peaceably with people, forgive easily and not allow hurt and pain lingers too long. Sometimes, people hurt us so bad that letting go seem almost impossible, at those times, we need to pray it through. I have found that praying for people who hurt us is the best and fasted way to let go of hurt.
Whatever it takes, be sure to have a heart void of envy, offence and bitterness.

Offence is usually served, when you get served, don’t take it, just make up your mind that no matter what happens, you are not going to ‘receive’ offence and you won’t let anyone truncate God’s work in your life

*Prayer*
Father help me guard my heart from every offence this season

*Declaration*
My heart is void from offence
I am not bitter towards anyone
I walk in love at all times

1 Like

Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:20am On Nov 14, 2022
PST SUNDAY & PST CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday November 14, 2022

*KINGDOM IDENTITY*

*Ephesians 1: 3-10*
_All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding. God has now revealed to us his mysterious will regarding Christ—which is to fulfill his own good plan. And this is the plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ—everything in heaven and on earth._

Being born again automatically confers on you Kingdom Citizenship and forms our identity. According to the Cambridge Dictionary, Identity means, “who a person is, or the qualities of a person or group that make them different from another group.” What qualifies us and makes us unique is our identity in Christ; who translated us from the Kingdom of Darkness to the Kingdom of Light. We are now in the Kingdom of God, which Jesus introduced. We are of a different breed, culture and identity. Only good and godly things surround us. We are not governed by the sense of this World, but by the Holy Spirit.

As a citizen of the Kingdom of God we have certain rights, privileges and character traits that people should know us by. Such traits are Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness and Self Discipline. We have rights in Christ such as boldness to come before the Throne of Grace, the Riches of His Grace (his enabling power to be and do anything that aligns with the Kingdom) abounds towards us, we are blessed with all spiritual blessings, we have been redeemed and declared righteous, we are seated in heavenly places far above principalities and powers, we exist to express the manifold wisdom of God. In Christ we are more than conquerors and we are prosperous in all areas of our lives.

Knowing your Kingdom Identity conditions the way you think, talk, and act. You no longer walk according to the flesh and dictates of this world. You no longer desire the same things that unbeliever’s desire. We seek only Kingdom Agenda and we are governed by Kingdom Agenda. Let your Identity in Christ condition your thoughts, words and actions from today.

*Prayer*
Father, in the name of Jesus, I ask that you help me to come to the fullness of who I am in Christ and enlighten the eyes of my understanding

*Declaration*
I have the mind of Christ.
I act, speak and think Kingdom thoughts.
I walk in the identity of the Kingdom, and I draw men unto Christ.
I lust not after the things of this world, but follow after the things of the Spirit.

1 Like

Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:18am On Nov 16, 2022
PST SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday November 16, 2022

*Good Success*

*Joshua 1:8*
_Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do._

*Psalms 1:1‭-‬3*
_Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do._

Different people define success in different ways. If you are reading this devotional with friends or family, you can ask what success is and you will see how we all define success differently. But one thing is true that success is relative, relative to the purpose for which we are created. Success is not truly success if we are not in line with God’s purpose for our lives. This is what the bible defines as “Good Success”.

One key factor that enables us have good success is consistent studying, meditation and declaration of the word. It is not just about strategy and business plans, those are not the key factors that determine success in this kingdom, If jesus were to do feasibility studies before telling peter to cast his net, the studies would have given a negative result but peter said “...nevertheless, at thy word...” (Luke 5:1-7). The word of God is the tool for success. If we study it, meditate on it and declare it, it will show us the way to go and how to stay in line with God’s purpose for our lives because it is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path (Ps 119:105). Psalms 1:1-3 also stresses the same point of hoe we must meditate on the word of God day and night in order to prosper.

There is no true success outside of the word of God. We must study it, meditate on it and declare it. This is the recipe for true success.

*Prayer*
Father, I pray for the grace to spend time with your word. I ask that as i spend time meditating and declaring your word, i experience success in every aspect of my life.

*Declaration*
I am a success. I am not a failure. I grow in strength and in grace. I do not experience a better yesterday. All i lay my hands on to do prospers exceedingly.

1 Like

Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:11am On Nov 17, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday November 17, 2022

*Lift up your eyes*

*Matthew 17:8*
_And when they looked up, Moses and Elijah were gone, and they saw only Jesus._

*Psalm 121 1-2 MSG*
_‘I will look up to the mountains Does my strength come from the mountain?No, my strength comes from God.Who made heaven and earth and mountains._

This scripture brings to mind Bishop David Oyedepo's analogy. He asked if it is possible to look down and up at the same time. He then explained that you can’t be looking up at God and still keep your eyes on man at the same time. He then encouraged that for our body to be full of light we should keep our focus on God only. The admonition today is to lift your eyes unto God and keep them there not shifting. Remember promotion is not from man but from God. We should be like the disciples who in Matthew 17:8, after the transfiguration of Jesus, when they lifted up their eyes saw no man save Jesus Christ.

In Genesis, God instructed Abram to lift up his eyes and look around. After which God gave to him all that he saw as his inheritance. How much more we that have the new covenant operational in our life. And every time we lift up our eyes to behold Jesus, let’s remember that Jesus Christ Himself called those very eyes blessed in Matthew 13:16. And with these eyes focused on Him we get to see the realization of our glorious and godly heritage in Christ Jesus.

Are you discouraged, heartbroken, lost or in despair? Lift up your eyes unto Jesus! In Him you see encouragement, healing and hope. Is life a roller coaster for you? Lift up your eyes to Jesus! In Him you will find balance. Are you joyful and enjoying the good things of life? Lift up your eyes unto Jesus. In Him will you find the good things of life free of sorrow and pain. In all things keep your eyes focused on Jesus Christ the savior of your soul.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to keep my gaze focused on you daily. May I never lose my focus in Jesus name.

*Declaration*
In Jesus name I declare that my eyes are blessed eyes. I keep my eyes focused on Jesus Christ my savior. I see my inheritance in Christ clearly. I see scriptures come alive in my life daily. The promises of God find fulfillment in my life. Because my eyes are focused on Christ, my body is full of light.

1 Like

Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:13am On Nov 18, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday November 18, 2022

*Handling Rejection*

*Isaiah 53:3*
_He was despised and rejected— a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way. He was despised, and we did not care._

*Hebrews 12:13*
_Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong._

One of the greatest desires of man is the quest or desire for affirmation and acceptance. Man was so created by God to be at rest in an atmosphere of love, care and attention. From the very first contact we all have with humanity which is the family unit we were born into, the level of love, affirmation, attention and acceptance by our parents or caregivers goes a long way in shaping us into the kind of people we turn out in society. Statistics show that children from dysfunctional homes or background or children who were not shown love and acceptance by their parents or those who raise them are more prone to violence and crime in the larger society.

The fear of rejection is one of the greatest fears in the heart of a man. We see people compromise on their values just to gain acceptance in the society. We see people dam the consequences of joining a deadly gang or a cult just to find acceptance among a group of people. The truth is that life will always give you a reason to feel rejected or that you are all alone in this world facing your problems or that your challenges are peculiar to you. The good news is that we are never alone when we go through difficulties in life. We must take a moment to look at Jesus and how he handled rejection In the hands of the very ones he created. Isaiah tells us in chapter 53:3 that he was a man of sorrows, familiar with sufferings and acquainted with grief, yet he took all the sufferings and rejection in his stride because of the joy ahead. The bible tells us that this was why he endured the cross and despised the shame, the mockery, the beatings because of the glory he saw ahead.

So this goes out to you, the faint-hearted, the weary, the one who feels no one cares, the one who is going through hell right now and the one who is about to throw in the towel because of the feeling of rejection among men. I dare to say to you that you are not alone in this. Jesus is there with you right there because he promised in his word never to leave nor forsake us. He sure knows how you feel because he has been there too. You just need to hold on to the picture of a better future. Like Jesus, despise the shame in your situation, endure the rejection because there is a glory ahead of you. Don’t give up!

*Prayer*
Father, just like Jesus, help me to know how to handle the feeling of rejection and any form of difficulty that may come my way.

*Declarations*
In Jesus name I declare
That I am like Christ in all things
I grow in the knowledge of the son of God
I grow in spiritual maturity
I am strong in the day of adversity. Therefore, I stand firm through pain, rejection and hardship.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 5:54am On Nov 19, 2022
PST. SUNDAY & PST CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday November 19, 2022

*BE FRUITFUL*

*Genesis 1:28*
_blessed them, and said, “Have many children, so that your descendants will live all over the earth and bring it under their control. I am putting you in charge of the fish, the birds, and all the wild animals._

One of the first instructions God gave man is that he be fruitful and multiply. It wasn’t a suggestion, but a mandate. God didn’t tell man to be fruitful if man couldn’t be. God will not ask something of you if it wasn’t possible. God expects us to be fruitful in every area of our lives, its our mandate. Even if we didn’t want to be fruitful, we literally have no choice. It is part of our makeup. It is who we are.

So get mad at the devil when he insinuates that you can’t be productive in a particular area of your life. Stand your ground and say No! Partial fruitfulness is not acceptable in this kingdom. God has not called you to be partially fruitful. God isn’t partially fruitful. We are like our Father God, when we get into a field, we should bloom. On the job, we should stand out, in child bearing, we should have as many as our hearts desire.

Fruitfulness is your right! Stop settling for less. Get a hold of the word of God, let it always be in your mouth and before you eyes, and watch your life take a new turn.

*Prayer*
Lord help me believe all that your word as said about me being fruitful.
Cause my life to reflect my fruitful nature.

*Declaration*
I am fruitful in all areas of my life
I am productive
I yield fruits of righteousness.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:28am On Nov 20, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday November 20, 2022

*GIVE IT YOUR ALL*

*1 Timothy 4:15*
_Practice these things and devote yourself to them, in order that your progress may be seen by all. Watch yourself and watch your teaching. Keep on doing these things, because if you do, you will save both yourself and those who hear you._

Knowledge is power; but the power inherent in knowledge is latent, and it is released only when knowledge is rightly applied in action. Profits from God’s word are not for hearers or even “knowers” but for doers (James 1:22-25), and the ones entitled to blessedness are the ones who both know and do (John 13:17). Yet, cardinal as actions are, they are in themselves impotent without the right spirit backing them.

A vital spirit which ought to back our every action in life, in our relationship with God and in our operation of the things of God is absolute devotion. To be devoted is to be wholly passionate about and given to a person or principle. It connotes a sustained profound dedication, the giving of the whole of oneself and an unreserved application of the totality of ones being – spirit, mind and might – to the person or the cause that one is engaged with.

Scriptures reveal to us that it isn’t enough to love the Lord; we ought to love him devotedly, and that love ought to be demonstrated in our devotion to the brethren (1John 3:16). It is also not enough to play around God’s word. If you ever wondered why the word seems ineffective in certain areas of your life, you might want to do an attitude check – are you devoted to it? Are you given to it wholly? Or do you handle it with kids’ gloves? What have you staked on God and on his word? Proverbs 2:1-5 leave us an injunction; that if we will incline our ears unto wisdom and apply our heart to understanding, then we will find the knowledge of God, and ultimately that which we seek of him. Devotion holds for us the key to deriving the best in God and in his word. Let’s get into it with all we’ve got.

*Prayer*
Lord, teach me to walk with you, giving the whole of me.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus;
By the Spirit, I love the Lord and the brethren with all my heart, soul and might. Daily, I give myself wholly to the word, applying my heart to it and consequently, drawing invaluable treasures of wisdom and tangible answers to all that I seek in God.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:08am On Nov 21, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday November 21, 2022

*THE WORD*

*Hebrews 4:12*
_The word of God is alive and active, sharper than any double-edged sword. It cuts all the way through, to where soul and spirit meet, to where joints and marrow come together. It judges the desires and thoughts of the heart._

*Psalm 119:105*
_Your word is a lamp to guide me and a light for my path._

The word of God is everything we need to live a successful Christian Life. It is our Life’s manual. If we want to lead a prosperous and successful life, we need to pay attention to the Word. The word of God will benefit us to the extent that we read, study, meditate and obey it. It is also our constitutional guide that governs our way of living as Kingdom citizens and representatives on the earth. The word of God gives us direction and leads us in the right way to go. It is also used to correct, instruct, It is so impactful and effective that the bible says It is sharper than any two-edged sword. You don’t need to argue aggressively or be anxious for anything, just introduce the Word, and it will create the impact it should.

Other important things to note about the word is that is authored by the Holy Spirit; this makes it the living word. It can be adapted to any situation and can mean different things to different people at the same time. It is always relevant. There is the written word and the revealed word. Since the word is written by the Holy Spirit, it is Him only that can enlighten your eyes to see beyond the letters. So when you want to read the Word, you should always ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding.

The Word of God is Jesus Personified. Everything in it, from the Old Testament to the New Testament points to Jesus. The Word of God is a sure word of Prophecy. It always works. It never fails. The word of God possesses many treasures. Dig deep, and enjoy unimaginable abundance and supply.

*Prayer*
Father, in the name of Jesus, I ask that you help me to treasure your word above anything else.

*Declaration*
The Living Word of God gives life to my body, mind and spirit.
The word of God is a lamp of God unto my feet and a Light unto my path.
I hear, Study and Obey the Word of God everyday.
In Jesus name Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:15am On Nov 22, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday November 22, 2022

*The Ministry of Angels*

Psalm 103:20
_Praise the Lord, you strong and mighty angels, who obey his commands, who listen to what he says._

Colossians 2:18
_Do not allow yourselves to be condemned by anyone who claims to be superior because of special visions and who insists on false humility and the worship of angels. For no reason at all, such people are all puffed up by their human way of thinking_

The word Angel" comes from the Greek word "angelos," meaning "messenger." Angels are spirit beings created by God to worship him, implement his will on the earth and minister to His sons and daughters.
As children of God, Jesus is our perfect model and if Jesus required the ministry of angels, we do also.

Below are instances of angelic intervention in the life of Jesus: Before Jesus was conceived, an angel went to announce to Mary; While joseph was contemplating secretly putting away Mary, an Angel appeared unto him to give him directions; When Jesus was born, angels went to herald the news to the shepherds; After worshipping Jesus, an Angel instructed the shepherds in a dream not to return to Herod; When Herod was planning to kill all the Children under a certain age, an Angel warned Joseph to carry the child and run away; After Jesus finished fasting for forty days and nights, angels ministered to him; After Jesus was killed and buried, angels rolled away the stone on the third day and many more instances. We can see in these instances angels bringing a message or warning from God, protecting and helping Jesus all through His life on earth. In the same light, we also as sons of God have a right to the ministry of angels.
How do we access this? Some people run into errors praying to angels.

The bible is very clear that we are to pray to the father in the name of Jesus. We are neither to pray to angels nor worship them. Psalm 103:20 gives us a clue on how to activate this ministry in our lives. Bless the LORD, you His angels, Mighty in strength, who perform His word, Obeying the voice of His word! Angels perform the word of God. They always respond to the word. Therefore to fully maximise their ministry in our lives, we must constantly and consciously declare the word of God daily. By the time you start to declare “He has given his angels charge over me to keep me in all my ways” the angels receive such memo and are committed to protecting you. They respond to the Holy Spirit. When you are saying nothing, there is nothing for the angels to act on concerning your life and when you constantly say negative things about yourself, you are yourself a great disservice.

*Prayer*
In every area of weakness in my life, the angels of God strengthen me today in Jesus name.
Today and this week, I enjoy the ministry of angels in every aspect of my life in Jesus name.

*Declaration*
As I declare the word of God concerning my life today, Angels are on assignment bringing to pass every word proceeding from my mouth. Continue declaring God’s word over your life.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:07am On Nov 23, 2022
PST.SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday November 22, 2022

*The working of Miracles*

*Matthew 17:14-20*
_When they returned to the crowd, a man came to Jesus, knelt before him, and said, “Sir, have mercy on my son! He is an epileptic and has such terrible attacks that he often falls in the fire or into water. I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him.” Jesus answered, “How unbelieving and wrong you people are! How long must I stay with you? How long do I have to put up with you? Bring the boy here to me!” Jesus gave a command to the demon, and it went out of the boy, and at that very moment he was healed. Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked him, “Why couldn't we drive the demon out?” “It was because you do not have enough faith,” answered Jesus. “I assure you that if you have faith as big as a mustard seed, you can say to this hill, ‘Go from here to there!’ and it will go. You could do anything!”_

*John 14:12*
_I am telling you the truth: those who believe in me will do what I do—yes, they will do even greater things, because I am going to the Father._

Reading through the scriptures, we saw Jesus performing so many miracles. From turning water to wine to healing the sick and raising the dead. He said we would do greater works than he did but many of us do not find ourselves in this reality. Looking at the account of Matthew, Mark and Luke we would see that Jesus did not perform any miracle until he had fasted 40 days in the wilderness after which he was tempted. Little wonder he told his disciples that this kind does not come out except by fasting and prayer (Matt 17:21). One thing that we see that was consistently recorded with Jesus’s miracles is Compassion. Compassion is a catalyst that makes miracles happen faster. (Matt 20:34, Mark 1:41, Matt 14:14, Mark 8:2).

Jesus emphasized the place of fasting and prayer in the working of miracles when his disciples tried to perform a miracle but couldn’t. Jesus explained that they we filled with unbelief and they had not been spending time connecting to heaven and generating power through fasting and praying. These are factors that are responsible for miracles to happen; faith and power (fasting and prayer).

Miracles are not reserved for pastors or prophets. In Jesus’s mandate to us, we are all expected as Christians to preach the gospel and work miracles (Luke 9:2, Luke 10:9). It’s not enough to preach, we must do so with sign and wonders following, healing the sick and helping the poor. This is the gospel!

*Prayer*
Father, I for the same spirit of compassion that was in christ to find expression in me. I ask for the grace to spend time fasting and praying. I pray that by the help of the holy spirit, i do greater works as proclaimed by our lord Jesus Christ.

*Declarations*
I am a compassionate being. I work miracles just as Jesus Did in the days of his flesh.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:12am On Nov 25, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday November 24, 2022

*Attributes of Holiness.*

Luke 1:75,
_so that we might be holy and righteous before him all the days of our life._

*1Thessalonians 4:7*
_God did not call us to live in immorality, but in holiness._

Zacharias, john the Baptist father, being filled with the Holy Spirit prophesied that God “has called us to serve him without fear in Holiness and Righteousness before Him all the days of our life”. Holiness is a divine nature of God unto which we are called to be a partaker of. A lot has been said about Holiness in the Christendom, but the following attributes of Holiness are worthy of note. If there is anything you must always remember about Holiness it is that it is a spirit. One of the persons of the Trinity is the Holy Ghost (spirit). When we are filled with the Holy Spirit, the Holiness of God is infused in us through Christ Jesus. We get to walk in Holiness unto God by the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit that leads us in the pathway of Holiness. The pathway is also a highway of Holiness as described in Isaiah 35:8

As it is written, righteousness exalts and the highway of Holiness leads only to the mountain top where the throne of Holiness is laid in its splendor and majesty. (Psalm 48:1, 47v 8 )
. It is here that exaltation and enthronement is experienced. At the throne of holiness what we are expected to do is worship and praise God. When we worship and praise the beauty of Gods Holiness, we bring ourselves to the point where we experience same. Need beauty in your destiny or need to beautify your life or beauty for ashes, then always worship God in the beauty of Holiness.

In summary, we are called to Holiness unto the lord. And this holiness is achieved by the Holy Spirit of God because Holiness is a spirit. When we are led by the Holy Spirit we get to walk on a pathway which is the highway of Holiness. This high way will always lead to exaltation and enthronement. Herein we experience the beauty of Holiness.

*Prayer*
father, grant me grace to walk consistently and continually on the pathway of holiness in Jesus name.

*Declaration*
In Jesus name I’m filled with the Spirit of Holiness. I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. I walk in Holiness. My feet are planted on the pathway of Holiness. I dwell daily on the mountain of Gods Holiness. I experience continually the beauty of Holiness in all area of my life.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:13am On Nov 25, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday November 25, 2022

*FASTED LIFESTYLE*

*Isaiah 58:3-11*
_The people ask, “Why should we fast if the Lord never notices? Why should we go without food if he pays no attention?” The Lord says to them, “The truth is that at the same time you fast, you pursue your own interests and oppress your workers. Your fasting makes you violent, and you quarrel and fight. Do you think this kind of fasting will make me listen to your prayers? When you fast, you make yourselves suffer; you bow your heads low like a blade of grass and spread out sackcloth and ashes to lie on. Is that what you call fasting? Do you think I will be pleased with that? “The kind of fasting I want is this: Remove the chains of oppression and the yoke of injustice, and let the oppressed go free. Share your food with the hungry and open your homes to the homeless poor. Give clothes to those who have nothing to wear, and do not refuse to help your own relatives. “Then my favor will shine on you like the morning sun, and your wounds will be quickly healed. I will always be with you to save you; my presence will protect you on every side. When you pray, I will answer you. When you call to me, I will respond. “If you put an end to oppression, to every gesture of contempt, and to every evil word; if you give food to the hungry and satisfy those who are in need, then the darkness around you will turn to the brightness of noon. And I will always guide you and satisfy you with good things. I will keep you strong and well. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring of water that never goes dry._

*Matthew 6:16*
_“And when you fast, do not put on a sad face as the hypocrites do. They neglect their appearance so that everyone will see that they are fasting. I assure you, they have already been paid in full._

There are many things we are expected to do as we practice our Christianity, but these things will not bring the benefits intended until they become our lifestyles. Until they become what we enjoy doing, until they become what we do by choice not by force. One of those things is fasting.

Fasting should not just be an event but a lifestyle. It is the lifestyle of any believer who intends to live a fulfilling and fruitful spiritual life. When you fast, you take charge of your life and spiritual experiences. That is why Jesus said “when you fast” not “if you fast”. Fasting is losing physical strength to attain spiritual strength. Fasting is aligning with God through your spirit man. It is also getting on God’s frequency where you are able to hear God without your flesh interfering.

The purpose of fasting is not to get God to do anything for you, because God will do anything for you whether or not you fast. The purpose of fasting is to get you to know what God wants to do and properly align yourself to receive. Most of the instructions that will change your life and destiny will most-likely come from your times of fasting and praying.

*Prayer*
Lord, help me to fast

*Declaration*
I yield myself to the Holy Ghost in fasting and prayer
I yield myself to him completely to make me a vessel of honour in his hands
I receive the grace to fast and to wait upon the Lord
Therefore, my strength is renewed like that of an eagle
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:33am On Nov 26, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday November 26, 2022

*ENDURING PERSECUTION*

*James 1:2-3*
_My friends, consider yourselves fortunate when all kinds of trials come your way, for you know that when your faith succeeds in facing such trials, the result is the ability to endure._

*Colossians 1:11‭-‬12*
_May you be made strong with all the strength which comes from his glorious power, so that you may be able to endure everything with patience. And with joy give thanks to the Father, who has made you fit to have your share of what God has reserved for his people in the kingdom of light._

Someone defined endurance as Christian commitment in the face of difficulty, I couldn’t agree more. The disciples were often persecuted and attacked for what they believed in by people who could not understand them. Throughout the bible, we read about brave men and women who stood for God even if they were the odd ones out. Some of these people gave up all they had, some, their lives when it came to it.
Jesus already told us that we are just in this world but we are not of this world, so it is just expected that the world might not receive us with open arms just like they did Jesus and his disciples.

In the face of all the persecutions that may arise, especially in this age where premarital sex, homosexuality and all are deemed cool, being different amidst all these might be hard, but we are a different breed.
We should stand for the word and not conform to the ways of this world. The bible says that there is a way that seemeth right, but the end is destruction.

People will laugh you to scorn when they learn that you do not do bribes, break traffic lights, womanize or drink any alcohol, let them laugh. Instead of going with the crowd, endure the persecution and remember the kingdom you represent, your reward is in time and eternity.

*PRAYER*
Father, please give me the grace to endure persecutions in this world.
Help my eyes to be set on the prize.

*Declaration*
I will not confirm to this world
I am a child of the kingdom of God.
I have a home prepared for me in heaven
I will finish well and strong
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:14am On Nov 27, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday November 27, 2022

*Bring God into Your Decisions*

*Proverbs 3: 5-6*
_Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do, and he will show you the right way._

*1 Kings 3: 24-28*
_He sent for a sword, and when it was brought, he said, “Cut the living child in two and give each woman half of it.” The real mother, her heart full of love for her son, said to the king, “Please, Your Majesty, don't kill the child! Give it to her!” But the other woman said, “Don't give it to either of us; go on and cut it in two.” Then Solomon said, “Don't kill the child! Give it to the first woman—she is its real mother.” When the people of Israel heard of Solomon's decision, they were all filled with deep respect for him, because they knew then that God had given him the wisdom to settle disputes fairly._

Many times we are faced with many choices and it’s usually difficult to make the right choice. The process of making the right choice can be frustrating, worrisome and even burdensome. It is important to make the right decisions because decisions affect lives and destinies. Most times, when we are in such situations, we turn to friends, relatives or popular opinions for answers or to validate our thinking. There is nothing wrong in seeking for counsel from family, friends and other resources, but they shouldn’t be the primary basis for making a decision.

There is a wisdom required to make decisions. Wisdom gives us the ability to make the right choices. In the scripture verse for today, Solomon had the wisdom to make sound judgment. Wisdom enables us to make the right decision. Since this is true, then it means we ought to go to God, who is the source of all wisdom. We need to ask for His wisdom to make the right decisions and He will give it freely; at no cost.

This means therefore that whenever we are in a position to make decisions and we do not know what to and in which direction to turn to, don’t panic, worry or be anxious. Get scriptures on divine direction and meditate on them until it enters your heart. Then, take the word to God in prayer and ask for His counsel and direction. Believe He will guide you. When he does, check to make sure the instruction aligns with scriptures. God is faithful to His word; His word does not fail. He said in His word that if we acknowledge Him in all our ways, He will direct us. He wants to lead us in the way we should go; but He can’t do it if we do not ask Him. So bring God into your decisions from today and you can be sure to make the right one.

*Prayer*
Father, in the name of Jesus, lead me in all my ways. Help me to make the right decision at all times.

*Declaration*
I declare that I am a Son of God,
I am led in every area of my life by the Holy Spirit.
I am not confused and I know what to do,
Because I acknowledge God in all my ways,
My steps are ordered by Him. In Jesus name, Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:24am On Nov 28, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday November 28, 2022

*HE TAKES PLEASURE IN YOUR SUCCESS*

*Isaiah 61:3*
_To give to those who mourn in Zion Joy and gladness instead of grief, A song of praise instead of sorrow. They will be like trees That the Lord himself has planted. They will all do what is right, And God will be praised for what he has done._

*John 15:8*
_My Father's glory is shown by your bearing much fruit; and in this way you become my disciples._

*Psalm 35:27*
_May those who want to see me acquitted shout for joy and say again and again, “How great is the Lord! He is pleased with the success of his servant.”_

Does it ever occur to you that God couldn’t have gone through the pain of having Jesus die, giving you his Holy Spirit and blessing you with all that pertain to life and godliness just so you could turn out a failure? There’s no way you can reconcile that.
If you take time to note the various resources - physical and spiritual, material and immaterial - that God has put in place or released to you in order to ensure you succeed, you’ll wake up, ditch your excuses and take responsibility, knowing that if you fail at anything, be it in faith, family or finances, it is your fault.

View your life as an enterprise, an invaluable kingdom investment, with you and God being the major shareholders; now, you may not be able to confidently vouch for yourself, but you can at least rest assured that God is a responsible shareholder and as he has done over the ages, he’ll continue to protect his investment, seeing to it that it doesn’t depreciate in value but rather, that it yields maximum returns! This is the privileged position of the believer in life – that the Lord God, the all powerful creator and master of the universe is your sponsor, and he doesn’t sponsor flops.

Friends, like he boasted of Job and flaunted Abraham, God wants to be able to say to the entire company in heaven and to whosoever may care to listen that: “Have you seen my daughter? Isn’t She an enviable success? I’m so proud of her!” And to ensure that he gets this bragging right, he’s eternally committed himself to your success.
Don’t take the matter of your success lightly; work at it and make your heavenly Father happy.

*Prayer*
Father, thank you for giving your all to ensuring that I succeed in life and in godliness.

*Declaration*
I was born to succeed. I was born to excel. The Lord gave life to me so that I might bring glory to his name. I live my life with this understanding and just as he is committed to my success, I ditch all excuses and put aside all sense of limitation and I run my race to success!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:08am On Nov 29, 2022
PST.SUNDAY & PS.T CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday November 29, 2022

*Walking out on addictions*

*2 Corinthians 3:18*
_And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit._

*James 3:2*
_For we all often stumble and fall and offend in many things. And if anyone does not offend in speech [never says the wrong things], he is a fully developed character and a perfect man, able to control his whole body and to curb his entire nature._

A lot of Christians having chosen to serve God all their lives find certain contradictions in their life. They find it difficult to drop addictions from the old life or even negative addictions they picked after confessing the Lordship of the Lord. After series of determinations, attempts and failed attempts, they enter into a state of hopelessness and helplessness. Some reject Jesus and turn back to the world out of frustration and inability to overcome their addictions.

It is important we note that scriptures say that “by strength shall no man prevail”. There is power available in God to destroy and break the hold of any addiction be it substance addiction or sexual addiction. There are people who by a supernatural manifestation break free from an addiction in an instant and there are those who break free over time. Smith Wigglesworth shared of a certain man addicted to alcohol who’s wife came for prayers and laid an handkerchief she collected from the man of God under the husbands pillow. The man woke up the next morning and alcohol started to taste as poison to him. It does not happen to everyone like this; however the sure way to walk out on any addiction is by continuous confession of God’s word. My mentor Pastor Poju Oyemade shared about how after he was born again, he still smoked. He however was constantly declaring even when he was about to light a cigarette that “I am the righteousness of God in Christ”. This continued until one day that scripture came alive in his Spirit and He said If I am the righteousness of God, then I should not be doing this and that was the end.

Whatever addiction you are battling with, it is time to release the power of God by the confession of God’s word as opposed to writhing in self-pity or self-help. Even if the change does not manifest at once, keep looking into the word and declaring it. As you do so, you will be transformed into the person you see and are declaring from the word. After being free, be careful not to yoke yourself again by associating closely with things and people that feed your addictions.

*Prayer*
Father, purge my conscience of every evil work and habit by your word in Jesus name.
Let every stronghold of addictions in my life give way by the power of god in Jesus name.

*Declaration*
I am not a slave to sin or to my flesh, I do not serve sin in my mortal body rather I serve the Lord Jesus.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday November 30, 2022

*The Sure Word of Prophecy*

*2 Peter 1:19*
_And we have the prophetic word [made] firmer still. You will do well to pay close attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dismal (squalid and dark) place, until the day breaks through [the gloom] and the Morning Star rises (comes into being) in your hearts._

*2 Corinthians 3:18*
_And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit._

At new birth, it is the spirit of man that gets saved. In other words, it is the spirit that came alive. Apostle Paul shared some revelation about this in Ephesians 2:1 “And you hath he made alive who were dead in trespasses and sins...” This shows us that our spirits were dead in sin but came alive the day Christ came into our hearts. Having said this, the salvation of our souls is a life long process. No wonder scripture says we should receive with meekness the engrafted word of God which is able to save our souls (James 1:21). This scripture was written to believers which shows us that the salvation of our souls is a lifelong process. Likewise, Romans 12:2 tells us “But be ye transformed by the RENEWING of your mind”. The word “Renewing” implies a continuous process. This shows that the mind which is a component of the soul has to be renewed daily.

The dilemma of the believer after getting saved lies in the fact that even though the spirit is saved, the soul is on a renewal journey because of the numerous data that has been stored in it since the day an individual was born. The renewal process is a re-education process where the believer learns certain things and adopts a new way of living in line with the word of God. For example, a chain smoker who gets born again and still finds himself addicted to nicotine. An understanding of his new reality in Christ and consistently putting God’s word on his lips will eventually break the hold of addiction.
God’s word at the time of struggle becomes the prophecy that reveals the true identity of the believer. Scripture tells us that as we behold him, we become like him.

Prophecy suggests what shall be but in Christ, our true identity is who his word says we are in spite of our current struggles. In the realm of time however, it may take some time for our real identity to catch up with our flesh for it to be subject to the true intent and purpose of God for our lives. Nevertheless, we must ensure that we fill our hearts with the word and allow it to flow through our lips in declaring the true intent of God over our lives and over our situations. It is at that point that the prophecy located in the word of God becomes our material experience.
Never let the word of God concerning you or your situation depart from your lips. Any other thing contrary to what the word says concerning you is a false reality.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to be consistent in believing what the word says and in declaring the same over my life.

*Declaration*
I am a believer. I believer in the word of God. I believe it is the sure word of prophecy. I believe who the word says I am and I believe what the word says I can do. As I consistently declare my identity and the truth of God’s word over my life and over situations, the prophecies in scriptures become my physical and material experience in Jesus name. Amen
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:27am On Dec 01, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday December 1, 2022

*JOY IS AN IDENTITY*

Habakkuk 3:17 - 18
_Though the fig tree does not blossom and there is no fruit on the vines, [though] the product of the olive fails and the fields yield no food, though the flock is cut off from the fold and there are no cattle in the stalls, Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation!_

Welcome to December!. This month is a month like no other, not because it is the last month of the year or the month that ushers in the yuletide season but because it is our month of rejoicing, Joy finds its source in salvation and then with salvation is followed a promise. Most definitions of joy are linked to an expression of happiness or extreme satisfaction. I have a derived definition of joy, from Biblical interaction, to be a state of mind, an identity that comes from a belief and an eventual receipt of the promises that come with salvation.

Joy is an identity and can be likened to an identity card. Romans 14 makes us understand that it is in righteousness and peace that our identity, joy in the holy ghost, is complete. At salvation our identity is changed, we become new creatures, declared the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. It is this new identity that puts us at peace with God and we become card carrying members of the kingdom, his big family.

My favorite definition of peace is from a story I read about a painting contest with peace as its theme. Most paintings entered showed various forms of nature that depicted peace such as a river side with trees and calm clear clouds. The winning painting, however, was one with a soldier seated calmly in a while surrounded by the chaos of war. This helps us understand that the joyous state of mind does not rely on our external environment and sense but on a state of mind that is aware of its righteous nature and is at peace with God.

It doesn't matter what happens around us in the now, we must be fixated on the righteousness and peace that salvation has bought us and all else will catch up! Joy must be our identity card that gives us passage to the kingdom experience.

Welcome to December 2022! iRejoice.

*Prayers*
Father cause your joy to overflow in my heart, that the work of salvation will be truly finished in me.

*Declaration*
I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, I am at peace with God as a member of God's family. All that is mine in Christ I receive. I have joy that is contagious, I am identified by the joy I radiate and I am not moved by my senses or event around me but by the joy within me.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:16am On Dec 02, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday December 2, 2022

*CHARITY: NATURALLY KIND!*

*Luke‬ 6:36‬*
_“So be merciful (sympathetic, tender, responsive, and compassionate) even as your Father is [all these].”_

*Colossians‬ 3:12-14‬*
_“So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It’s your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.”_

*Galatians‬ 6:10‬*
_“Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who are of the household of faith.”_

The everyday use of the word "charity" evokes different responses from people, but a very common one is for people to recoil and declare that they're not to be pitied. That's because charity has become synonymous for many with acts of kindness rendered to the absolutely helpless or to those in dire straits. And because no one wants to ordinarily identify as been in such a state, they will naturally recoil from it.

However, it is interesting that in the New Testament (the King James Version, at least) the word from which charity is translated is the same word that describes the God-kind of love, AGAPE. It refers to the selfless giving of oneself for the benefit of another. And this does not depend on how deserving they are of the kindness shown, but is simply a function of the nature of the one showing the kindness. It lets us understand that charity is not limited to the public acts put on by some during festive periods but to the natural outflow of love from the heart of one whose nature is to act in kindness.

As believers, demonstrations of the Love nature of our Father through us must be a constant, not a seasonal variable, but the constant natural outflow of the life we have received. That's the New Testament equivalent of incense with our prayers, that's the critical factor that potentiates our fasting. Everyone around us must testify to the kindness demonstrated in our words and deeds, whether they're deserving of it or not. But as we are charged, it is much more important to be this way towards those in the household of faith, our kinfolk!

*Prayer*
Gracious Father, take us further in Your Love that as people come around us, into our space that love will spill over on them, overwhelm them and show them the way to victory out of whatever challenges they may be facing. In Jesus' Name. Amen

*Declaration*
I am a channel of the love, kindnesses and compassion of Jesus today!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:42am On Dec 04, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, December 4, 2022

*Effective Prayer*

*James 5:16*
_confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much._

*1Thessalonians 5:17* _Pray without ceasing_

Prayer is simply talking with God, communicating with God. It is a dialogue between man and God. It is a great privilege to be able to come to God and speak with Him. We talk to God and so we should expect Him to speak back to us and we will only hear Him speak to us if we pause and listen. God is a speaking Spirit. He speaks, we should never see it as a place where we only come to ask Him for things or vent on Him. God must be honored and revered in our life and especially when we come to Him in prayer. We must see Him as God and therefore there is a way and manner we approach Him. How we approach God is key to effective praying. We can’t approach Him like we are God. We first come believing that He is God. We come believing that He is a God that hears and answers prayers. We also pray in line with His word if we are going to get results. Here, we cannot separate prayer from His word. For us to be effective in praying we must know God and we can only know Him through a revelation of His word.

Yes everyone desires their prayers to be effective in so much that we lose sight of the incredible privilege we have in prayer. That the Creator of the universe will allow us to speak to Him. Even more outstanding is the fact that God hears us and acts on our behalf. The first thing we must understand about effective praying is that Jesus Christ had to suffer and die on the cross to make it possible for us to approach the throne of grace to worship and pray. Effective has more to do with us than how we pray. The Bible says the prayer of a righteous man availeth much and that the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their prayers. Just as the Israelites benefitted from Moses' right standing with God so we must rely on the righteousness imputed on us by Jesus Christ.

The passionate prayers of God’s righteous children can accomplish much.
We must also ensure that our prayers are in line with God’s will. “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us”. Praying by God’s will is essentially praying in accord with what He would want. We can see God’s revealed will throughout scripture. If we do not know what to pray for, we can rely on the Holy Spirit. Any praying we do can only be done with the help of the Holy Spirit for it to be effective. God is spirit and our spirit with the help of the Holy Spirit must communicate with God. The Holy Spirit intercedes for both God’s will. The Spirit of God knows the mind of God which makes it perfect. Prayers are something we must do continually, we are to pray with persistence and not give up. We are to pray with faith, with thanksgiving, with a spirit of forgiveness towards others in Jesus' name. It is the strength of our faith and not the length of our prayers that pleases God.

*Prayers*
Father, I receive your grace and strength to pray always and t pray right with the help of your Spirit in Jesus' name.

*Declarations*
I am graced to pray
I do not get weary in the place of prayers
I pray always
I pray fervently
My prayers produce results in Jesus' name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:12am On Dec 05, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, December 5, 2022

*Anointed to Prosper*

*Genesis 39:2*
_"The LORD was with Joseph, and he was a successful man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian."_

*1 John 2:20*
_"But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.”_

The anointing of the Spirit of God is God's enablement that removes burdens and destroys yokes. In today's language, it is simply the ability to produce excellent results in a special way. The anointing is not limited to preaching or teaching the word of God. There is actually an anointing to live by. This is the anointing which is responsible for the prosperity of the saints. The Bible talks about the well of living water which is present in every saint. This anointing teaches you how to excel in all affairs of life. Every child of God has a right to lay claim to this anointing. You have the power to remove the burden of sickness, poverty and lack.

When ordinary men are going down you have what it takes to be supernaturally promoted. Are you tired of ordinary life? In fact, you should be because God has called you to a supernatural life. Be conscious of the power of God within you. No matter what may come against you, you have what you need to excel and prosper. Do you feel helpless in the issues of life? You should not be if you are a child of God. When you surrendered your life to God, your life actually became God's responsibility. His Spirit moved into your heart so that you will not have to wander through life. God has made all the provision for you to live a good life.

A good life begins with the acknowledgment of the fact that the Spirit of God resides within you. His presence inside of you has now put you in a position of authority. The most amazing thing is that this authority covers practically everything in life. The Holy Spirit is committed to empowering you for successful living. Since He knows everything, then your intimate fellowship with Him will impart you with ability for the various aspects of life. His power is not only for preaching the gospel or healing the sick. You are a powerful child of the Highest with divine abilities for all things. It is time to win in all life endeavors because you are anointed to prosper!

"Prayer*
Lord God, cause me to continually walk in the full knowledge of the presence and purpose of Your anointing in my life in Jesus name. Amen!

*Declaration*
I have the anointing from the Holy One and I know all things. The Spirit of God that lives on my inside teaches me all things about life. Greater is He that lives in me than he that is in the world. I can do all things through Christ Jesus that strengthens me. I am anointed to prosper. Hallelujah!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 5:59am On Dec 06, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, December 6, 2022

*Benefits of Giving*

*II Corinthians 9:10*
_Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness._

*Matthew 6:21*
_For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also._

Giving is one of the nature and characteristic of God. Our God never withholds His hands from his beloved. John3:16 says “For God so loved the world that HE GAVE His one and only son”. He gave His best because He loved this being called man. He wants us to be like Him – giver. He sets Himself out as a role model for us to watch and copy. And in so doing, we tend to benefit.
Giving draws us closer to God. How? “Where your treasure is, there will your heart also be.” Let’s classify money as the treasure in this case. Money is like a magnet, wherever you put it, it tends to pull your heart. If you invest your treasure in a safe house, there will your heart be, if it’s in your career, that is where your heart will be. Likewise if it is the House of God, of course your heart will be there. Giving is an act of worship, honouring God with your substance. God doesn’t need our money per se, He wants what our money represents – that is our hearts.

Giving strengthens our faith. Giving our substance proves the reality of faith. Have you ever had to decide between paying a rent or giving your tithe? When you have as much finances to settle your bills and you are wondering how God is going to meet your needs if you put Him first. This is a test of faith. “Bring all the tithes into the store house and see if I will not open the flood gates of heaven and pour out a blessing that you cannot imagine”(Mal. 3: 10) Basically God is saying “prove me by putting me fisrt and see how I will bless you.” He did not stop there – the devourer is rebuked for your sake, nations will recognize the blessing poured out on you. Halleluyah. See the widow of Zarephath, she gave her last and she was abundantly blessed. Dear friend, do not withhold your substance from God and remember Givers never lack.

*Prayer*
Father, give me a generous and grateful heart.

*Declaration*
Because I am a tither and a giver, the windows of heaven are open to me and the devourer is rebuked for my sake. I do not worry about lack, knowing that God supplies all my needs richly and abundantly in Jesus Name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:51am On Dec 07, 2022
PST.SUNDAY & PST.CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, December 7, 2022

*Our Curse, His Cross*

*Galatians 3:13-14*
_But by becoming a curse for us Christ has redeemed us from the curse that the Law brings; for the scripture says, “Anyone who is hanged on a tree is under God's curse.” Christ did this so that the blessing which God promised to Abraham might be given to the Gentiles using Christ Jesus so that through faith we might receive the Spirit promised by God._

*Matthew 15:34*
_“How much bread do you have?” Jesus asked. “Seven loaves,” they answered, “and a few small fish.”_

Sometimes I wonder what could make a creator die for his creation. What could make a God endure so much pain, mockery, and suffering at the hands of the very ones he created? It just does not make human sense. The Bible says “For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.” (Romans 5:7-9).
In all of this, we can only begin the journey to understanding what love is.

Not only did Jesus die on the cross to save us from our sins and rescue us from eternal destruction, but we must also see the cross as the place of exchange because an exchange is a transfer of things of value. So Jesus took our sins and he gave us his righteousness, He took our shame and gave us his glory, he took our weakness and gave us his strength, he took our death and gave us his life, he took our inadequacies and gave us his boldness. The cross is the place of exchange and the place of power. It is the place where our sins were nailed to the cross because he that knew no sin became sin so that we may become the righteousness of God in him. What a miracle! Oh, what salvation! And What a privilege to be called the sons of God.

Our curse became his cross for when he hung on that cross, the curse of sin was broken, and when he gave up the ghost on that cross, the bible records that the veil of the temple leading to the holiest of all tore from top to bottom, signifying that there was no more restriction for us to access the throne of grace. We cannot fully understand Christianity until we understand what happened at the cross. The blood that was shed became the atoning blood for the sins of man once and for all. The curse is broken and we are free but we can only experience true freedom if we come by blood. Acknowledge what Jesus did for you on that cross by faith and begin to walk in the newness of life.

*Prayer*
Father, open my eyes to see and understand all that Jesus did for me at Calvary.

*Declaration*
Calvary covers it all, my sin and shame don’t count anymore. All praise to the one who has ransomed my soul. The blood that was shed for me on Calvary, has paid the price for my sins and now I am free. Thank God I am free indeed.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:11am On Dec 08, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, December 8, 2022

*ABSOLUTE REST*

*Hebrews 4:9-11*
_As it is, however, there still remains for God's people a rest like God's resting on the seventh day. For those who receive that rest which God promised will rest from their own work, just as God rested from his. Let us, then, do our best to receive that rest, so that no one of us will fail as they did because of their lack of faith._

Too often, we fret ourselves over what we shouldn’t. The life that Christ has given us is one of absolute rest and peace. It makes no difference how dire things get or the challenges we face; our victory is guaranteed. We are one with Christ, and because we’re in union with Him, we can never be disadvantaged. We’re triumphant always and in every place. We’re unshakable. Glory!

Romans 8:35-37 says, “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, for thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.” Determine to refuse to be stressed over anything, because you’re in God’s rest, and have ceased from life’s struggles. The Bible says “…he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his” (Hebrews 4:10).

Don’t allow anyone or circumstance cheat you out of the life of absolute rest in Christ that you’re called to live; a life of peace with prosperity. And remember, the way to sustain yourself in this glorious life is living by faith in the Word and applying the Word in all that you do. Rest!

*Prayer*
Father, thank you for your immeasurable love for me, that love that gives me rest and victory.

*Declaration*
I affirm that God has finished the works from the foundation of the world, and called me into his rest. Now, I’m in his rest, living in the peace of prosperity. I refuse to struggle or fret over anything, as I enjoy my triumphant life in Christ, in Jesus' Name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:31am On Dec 09, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, December 9, 2022

*ETERNITY*

*Ecclesiastes 3:11 (AMPC)*
_“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He also has planted eternity in men's hearts and minds [a divinely implanted sense of a purpose working through the ages which nothing under the sun but God alone can satisfy], yet so that men cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.”_

*Isaiah 57:15 (NKJV)* _“For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, with him who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.”_

*1Corinthians 2:10-12 (MSG)*
_“...The Spirit, not content to flit around on the surface, dives into the depths of God and brings out what God planned all along. Whoever knows what you’re thinking and planning except you? The same with God—except that he not only knows what he’s thinking, but he lets us in on it. God offers a full report on the gifts of life and salvation that he is giving us..."_

The concept of unending time is quite foreign to the mind of the natural man. The idea of never coming to the end of a season or period is something the mind could balk at. However, the man was not always this way! When God made man He limited for him the start & end of periods using the lights He made, to help him work towards certain accomplishments within the set period. It is this limiting of seasons or time that creates purposeful living in man. Yet, created in the image and likeness of Hashem The Blessed One, man has the capacity for unending existence, growth, development, and productivity. Not his body or earth suit, but the real person, the man of the heart.

The truth we must get from our key scriptures today is this: GOD DOES NOT WANT YOU IN THE DARK! He made man like Himself so He could relate with him, show him things, His things. Realize that embedded in every human person is the capacity to know things, to receive insight from God, and be in the class of God. However, that capacity is dormant or inactive UNTIL THE MAN GETS BORN FROM ABOVE! Then and only then does he wake up to the nature of God in him and the abilities inherent.

As you fellowship with The Father by The Holy Spirit, you find that you begin to explore the things of God, His ways, and His depths. You begin to see and receive His wisdom in ordering your life and affairs, and you begin to experience the glory that wisdom was designed to bring you all along! You begin to realize that this life He has brought you into is a walk in Him, an adventure with Him stretching far beyond the confines of these times into the reaches of His timelessness, into the ages to come, in which He has determined to showcase us as the masterpiece of His wisdom. Don't slack! Let The Holy Spirit drive your life in this direction so you become all He intended and enjoy all He has prepared!

*Prayer*
What a GREAT, GOOD GOD You are! Father, I'm grateful for calling me into fellowship with You in The Lord Jesus Christ. I'm determined to GO ALL THE WAY and lay hold of that for which You laid hold of me. HELP ME HOLY SPIRIT, in Jesus' Name! Amen

*Declaration*
I am pressing on in God, growing in spirit and increasing in the knowledge of God unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ! My life adventures are born of, birth in, and driven by The Holy Spirit.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:57am On Dec 10, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, December 10, 2022

*Guard your heart, guard your marriage!*

*Hebrews 13:4-5*
_Marriage is to be honored by all, and husbands and wives must be faithful to each other. God will judge those who are immoral and those who commit adultery. Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never leave you; I will never abandon you.”_

*Matthew 5:27-30*
_“You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ But now I tell you: anyone who looks at a woman and wants to possess her is guilty of committing adultery with her in his heart. So if your right eye causes you to sin, take it out and throw it away! You should lose a part of your body and then have your whole body thrown into hell. If your right-hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away! You should lose one of your limbs and then have your whole body go off to hell._

The premium God places on marriage is great! Its importance to Him is so great that the relationship between Jesus and the Church is likened to marriage. One unmistakable aspect of the Character of God is that He keeps a covenant, and nothing typifies the power of a blood covenant like marriage. In Hebrews 13 we find the apostle intimating for all purposes and within the framework of the expressions of the life of God in daily affairs, marriage is of inestimable value! The devil is aware of this hence his relentless assault against marriage. He knows the power released by the agreement of blood covenant partners, especially those joined in marriage. That power ROUTS all his operations! Adultery, one of the weapons he has used is such a devastating one because it attacks the very foundations: of trust, integrity, and honesty.

Jesus in His teaching on the mount made it clear that adultery is not simply a physical act, but originates in the heart. It begins with losing confidence in God that His provision of a spouse is perfect to meet all the needs He sees in your life. That lack of confidence leads that person to seek fulfillment elsewhere. It is a selfish attempt at meeting one’s own needs, not realizing that we do not know what we need.

Defeating this ploy of the enemy starts with keeping your heart free from the pitfalls that lead to physical acts. Build your marriage on a sure foundation of trust & honesty. Let your word be dependable. Give no room for the enemy to employ actions or words as tools to create lying impressions. The devil is a master at doing that! So let your life be open to your spouse. Let them be able to independently vouch for your words, actions and thoughts. This takes openness and from the beginning, He that made them male & female intended this to be so. Keep your heart with ALL diligence (Proverbs 4:23) because the issues you will experience in your marriage will come directly from there! Flee from everything that looks like evil, don't try to manage or decipher it, just do a Joseph: FLEE! Let The Lord see that you honor Him and your spouse enough to have nothing with the appearance of impropriety around you.

*Prayer*
Thank you Father for the honor & gift of marriage. I receive wisdom to treat it as precious and of inestimable value.

*Declaration*
My heart, eyes, thoughts, and words are kept in the Love of God. Nothing that offends comes into, out from, or through them. My marriage & home are founded on the rock of God's Love and Truth! We are sealed by the Blood of Jesus from everything that will seek to corrupt, divide or offend.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:50am On Dec 11, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, December 11, 2022

*No Barriers*

*Mark 2:3-5*
_“And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four. And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay. When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee”._

*Matthew 21:21*
_“Jesus answered and said unto them, verily I say unto you, if ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed and be thou cast into the sea, it shall be done”._

Have you been in a place where you knew what your solution was but somehow, you couldn’t seem to step out and take it? Was it due to a mental blockade or a physical one? The friends of the sick of palsy in our reference passage knew that Jesus could heal their friend. They knew that Jesus had the solution. The only problem was they had to get their friend to Him. It takes a strong, immovable “knowing” to do what they did; knowing that this was their sure and only hope for healing. They removed the roof of a house to get their friend to Jesus, a move that Jesus termed as faith. A move that made Jesus give the palsy the one thing he needed more than healing, the one thing that leads to healing; the forgiveness of sins.
Whenever you hit a brick wall or feel like you have reached an impasse (whether it’s in a relationship or your finances) the first step is to identify and know (without a doubt) where and what your solution is by spending time with God in prayer. Knowing is faith, and faith is what guarantees your breakthrough. Their faith was in Jesus, and that faith spurred them to action. Recognizing where your help comes from entails stopping for a minute and waiting on God for instructions, for a word, and then- faith comes by hearing. Only faith can speak to a mountain, asking it to be removed and be cast into the sea and it shall be done.

When you get your marching orders, act on them and don’t give up, even if the situation doesn’t seem to be changing on the outside. When a great door opens, great adversaries rise (1 Corinthians 16:9) but we have to stand our ground in the place of prayer, confession, and thanksgiving. Speak to your mountain! Speak until you no longer see it in your mind, because that’s where it exists anyway. See your mountains move!

*Prayer*
Lord, I ask for wisdom in this situation. Open my eyes to see and my ears to hear what you’re saying to me, and as I hear, I receive grace to persevere in Jesus' name, Amen.

*Declarations*
I decree that every mountain before me becomes plain and every valley, filled. Doors open to me and my steps are ordered; I know what to do and I have what I need to break through this (name the obstacle). My faith fails not, my eyes are open to opportunities; my strength soars! I say to this mountain (name it), be thou removed and be cast into the sea!!!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:14am On Dec 12, 2022
PST SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, December 12, 2022

*Your Mind, Your Asset*

*I Peter 1:13 (GNT)*
_“So then, have your minds ready for action. Keep alert and set your hope completely on the blessing which will be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed._

Your mind is such a crucial asset to a victorious life. The mind is so vital that is the main target of Satan’s attacks on man. The mind is the eye of the man. What it sees and accepts shapes a man’s life and determines his state. This is why the devil would rather have more blind minds than blind eyes. He will never succeed in flooring anyone, whose mind he has not first held captive. The enemy cannot reach you except through your mind. The moment he captures your mind, he has got you. The enemy is constantly hunting for your mind; it is the base of his operations.

Remember how he took over Peter’s mind in Matthew 16: 22-23 and Jesus said “Get thee behind me, Satan” At that point Peter no longer saw things the way God saw them, he stood against God, in the arm of flesh. Every time you see yourself arguing against God's word just know the devil is behind it. Know this today; there is no way Satan can get to you except through your mind. If Satan can’t get your mind, he can’t get you. Satan took over Eve’s mind and she shifted her mind from God s commandment. According to Paul’s writing to the Corinthian Church, Eve was deceived, she wasn’t overpowered. (2 Timothy 3:13, 2 Corinthians 11:3)
When the devil comes to clog your mind with wild imaginations and thoughts, clear them up by praying in the Spirit, which will ventilate your mind.

You must constantly have a spiritual perspective on life. It doesn’t matter if the whole world seems to be swallowed up in problems, they won’t affect you, because to be spiritual–minded is life and peace. See things the way God sees them. Let your mind be constantly flushed with God’s word. Let God's word give you a new thought pattern, let it affect your mind.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, I yield my mind to you today, purify it and make it whole again.

*Declaration*
I declare in the name of Jesus, My mind is daily yielded to God. I know how to renew my mind with God’s word daily. I am not given to ungodly or wicked thoughts.
I cast down every imagination and every high thing in my mind exalting itself against the knowledge of God

1 Like

Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:17am On Dec 13, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, December 13, 2022

*Stay on course*

*1 Peter 3:8*
_But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years like a day._

I am sure we all know that it is not palatable to rush a pregnant woman to give birth in order to avoid an immature or premature baby, since it will be more difficult to take care outside its normal environment (the womb) until its set time. Likewise when you put a seed to the ground, when it starts germinating, first the blade, then the ear and after that the full corn in the ear and when the fruit is brought forth, harvest. It is not normal for a farmer to take delivery of his products when they are not fully matured. Who will buy from him when there are better produce. Aborting or sidelining a process could be disastrous.
Even the earth went through a process before it was inhabited. God took his time to balance the earth before bringing man into the picture.

Jesus also did not come into the earth as a full blown man. He went through the process of being conceived, birthed, grew from babyhood to maturity, studied the word and learnt the scriptures and prophecies. Having set an example for us, God expects us to go through process whole heartedly. What have you seen about yourself, what prophecies have you heard and they are yet to manifest. God has shown you a picture, given you a glimpse of where He is taking you, and you need to get there. Respect the process of getting you there and grow on it as you move. Like a puzzle, piece by piece, each one fits till you see and experience what God wants for you.

When going through a process, it doesn’t always feel good especially when you don’t readily see what He is doing in you. But trust the Potter’s commitment to finishing what He has began. Trust God and remain faithful even when you want to freak out. Moses waited 80 years for a ministry that lasted 40 years. Two third of his life was spent on getting ready for the ministry that ended the Israelites’slavery.

*Prayer*
Father, help me not to run ahead of you but lead me through your process to where I ought to be.

*Declaration*
I diligently allow God to work through me to perfection. I follow His leadings and promptings to where He wants me to be. I am patient and endure all challenges because I know He works in me to do His good pleasure.

1 Like

Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:44am On Dec 14, 2022

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, December 14, 2022

*Dynamics of Discipleship*

*Joh 15:5*
_I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing._

*Luk 14:26*
_If any [man] come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross and come after me, cannot be my disciple._

A disciple learns from the teacher. A disciple is also a follower, student, or believer. We as Christians are called to pattern our lives after Jesus. As His disciples, we must have the spirit of Jesus inside us. In our devotion to Jesus, we must be faithful, true, and effective. Discipleship is not eye service or lip service. It should always be clear in our hearts what God wants us to do. We must be consumed by our devotion and commitment to Jesus. Discipleship is an absolute passion and personal devotion to the person of Jesus. It’s a process of committing to the demand of Jesus in other to know Him and be guided by His philosophy.

One thing a disciple of Jesus has is a daily lifestyle of prayer. You pray always as Jesus did. Prayer causes clarity in our life. The early disciples gave themselves to prayers and the study of the word. And of course, another thing is the study of the word of God. The saying read your bible pray every day is very apt. we as disciples live by the word of God. We have a world view of things by the word. The word of God serves to regulate all we do and all that we are as disciples.

Our approach to reading the word of God and prayers, in fact to life generally should be with humility as disciples. We should learn of Jesus to be lowly in heart and meek. Boastfulness or pride should be far away from us. We should be reminded that we are all that we are because of Jesus and not because of our capabilities. And the sequel to this is the zeal with which we attend to the things of Christ and His kingdom. It’s said of Jesus that the zeal of the house of God has consumed Him.

As disciples and as we walk faithful to our callings we should be mindful of the benefits of discipleship. God is faithful and true and He rewards those who stay faithful to Him. Discipleship brings us to a place of the supernatural. Just as Jesus walked in the supernatural here on earth so do we also. Discip0leship makes you a member of God's family and as such your safety and prosperity are important to Him.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to remain a devoted disciple of yours always

*Declaration*
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am wholeheartedly devoted and committed to Him. I live a life pleasing and acceptable to Him always. My thoughts act and lifestyle is regulated by the word.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis / Have You Ever Heard God Speak? / PHOTO: Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In South Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 237
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.