Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL (16354 Views)

Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional / Woman Sows Seed With Her Husband's Car In Delta Church (Photos) / Pastor Forces Woman To Use Her Suv To Sow Seed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:22am On Mar 27, 2023
PST .SUNDAY & PST .CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, March 27, 2023

*BRING IN YOUR SUPPLY*

*Acts 2: 42 - 47*
_And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need. So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved._

It is important for believers to be part of a local assembly/community because it provides a sense of belonging and support, and allows for the sharing of ideas, resources, and encouragement. It isn’t just merely enough to attend service regularly. We must really be part of our local assembly because your church family is your community and as we know, a community is a group of people who share a common identity, purpose, or interest.

The Bible teaches us the importance of community. In Acts 2:42-47, it says that the early believers were devoted to each other, met together regularly, and shared their resources. They were united in their love for God and for each other, and this brought them great joy and favour with the people around them.

Hebrews 10:24-25 encourages us to not neglect meeting together but to encourage one another, especially as we see the day of Christ’s return approaching. This shows that being part of a community is not only important for our personal growth and support, but also for our spiritual growth and preparation for the future.

When a believer decides to stay away from his/her community, not only are they depriving themselves of all the benefits of fellowship, they are also depriving the church of all that God has put in them for the church. We thrive when we all bring in our supply and the body suffers when one part decides not to function. Until we start seeing our supply as essential we will keep depriving ourselves and the entire body.

1 Corinthians 12:12-27 uses the metaphor of a body to describe the importance of each member of the church. Just as each part of the body has a unique function, so does each member of the church have unique gifts and abilities that contribute to the health and growth of the church as a whole. Stop complaining about the things that aren’t working in church. You notice the flaw mainly because there is something you can do about it; you are probably wired to fix it. So instead of complaining, pull up your sleeves and get to work. For example, if you find yourself always complaining about the pulpit being dusty, you are probably called to be a sanctuary keeper, join the unit and clean the pulpit.

The church; the local assembly, is an essential aspect of the Christian faith. As believers, we are called to be part of a community where we can encourage and support one another, grow in our faith, and share our resources with each other. By being part of a community, we can experience the joy of fellowship and unity in Christ.

*PRAYER*
Father, in the name of Jesus, open my eyes that I may see the importance of my church family, love and respect everyone and give me the grace to daily play my part as I bring in my supply, in Jesus’ Name.

*DECLARATION*
I decree and declare that I am a vital part of my local assembly. I contribute to the growth of the church with my time, resources and other gifts God has graciously given unto me. Amen!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:49am On Mar 28, 2023
PST. SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, March 28, 2023

*GOD’S WILL FOR YOU*

*John 7:17*
_If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority._

*Jeremiah 29:11*
_For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end._

The safest place to be is in God’s will for you. This may seem easy to understand but how many people pay attention to finding out the will of God for their lives. God’s desire and purpose for us is that we enjoy a fulfilled life. God knows all about your plans, dreams, and aspirations. Before you were formed in your mother’s womb, he knew you by your name. He has a perfect picture of your future and knows what is best for you. He wants us to get the best of the things He promised us.

However, we must agree and decide to walk in His will. God expects us to declare like Jesus in Luke 22:42, “…not my will, but thine, be done.” This means putting God first above every consideration and wants.
Living in God’s will requires your total obedience. It may be unpleasant, stressful, and sometimes painful but it is worth it in the end. Jesus was tortured, abused, disgraced, and suffered in the hands of men. He took all this pain to fulfil God’s will and assignment for his life. God places heavy priority on obedience to His will. The Lord’s Prayer captures it thus, “thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.” Therefore, you must place priority on His will above all. The life of Jesus Christ on earth was pleasing to God because He prioritized the will of God in his relationships with men.
The will of God is locked up in His word. You must make it your daily responsibility to decode His will for you by reading His word every day. You must delight to do His will for your life by searching the scriptures. You must pray to God to learn His will. People who live in the will of God are pleasing to Him. They are beloved of God and their steps are ordered by Him.

The moment you are willing to do the God’s will, resources such as you need are supplied. It may not be rosy or easy but it worth it in the end. The apostles of the early church constrained themselves to God’s will in spite of persecution, trials, and death. The crown of glory is given to those who persevered and fought the good fight of faith. Living every day to do His will and work for His good pleasure must become your creed.

*PRAYER*
Father, help me not to walk my own path and teach me to do your will all the days of my life.

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus, I walk in God’s perfect will for my life, my steps are ordered by the Lord, I receive grace and mercy to live for Him and in Him.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 9:47am On Mar 29, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, March 29, 2023

*Chosen To Be Blessed*

*Ephesians 1:3-5*
_Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will.__

Paul in the epistle to the Ephesians sought ways to bring the saints of God into the knowledge of what we have in Christ, who we are in Christ, what we can do in Christ. This knowledge is very important, for it will bring us all into the truth of what we can do, what we should do and what to be conscious of. Christianity is beyond “Thou shall not”. It is more of a knowing and a consciousness that will make the doing easy and pleasurable. So, our action must be rooted in knowledge and in truth, powered by the grace of God. In Ephesians 1: 4, Paul stresses the truth of God's word, that the default setting of the church is heavenly order of blessings. The destiny of the church is the fullness of the blessing of the earth, and the heaven, because in Christ, all that believe are ordained to be holy, and blameless before God. We must know that God chose us before the foundation of the world, that all who accepted Jesus Christ should be holy and without blame before him in love. We are chosen to be holy and unblameable, so that we can enter into the blessings that are ours in Christ. The blessing of Abraham belongs to us, but the precondition for maximizing this blessing is holiness and a life that is unblameable. We are blessed as we align ourselves to the program of God for the church and for the earth.

Let it be stressed that what God chooses, is not the people that will be saved or the people that will be blessed. God chooses the plan that will save the people that choose life. It is those that choose the plan and the purpose of God that will enter into life and ultimately, the blessing. All are called and all are chosen to be holy, as long as they accept and follow the plan and the program of God for the earth. Only those who meet the demand and condition in the faith will be blessed. In other words, what is predestined and foreknown is the plan that will bring all into holiness and the blessing. The individual that will be conformed to the plan, so predestined, has to enter into that plan by choice. The airline knows the aircraft that will carry passengers from one point to another. The passengers that will be conveyed have to make the airline their choice. The blessing that will settle everything about our lives and living is by default in Christ Jesus. We enter into the fullness of this blessing by allowing Jesus Christ into our heart and allowing him to walk in us that holiness.

The Christian must be clear as to what the grace of God is in Christ Jesus. God ordained all to enter into the blessing. The blessing was what made God plant a garden for him. That blessing was upon him in the beginning. It was the blessing that translated to the abundance. So when we come to Jesus, we receive that blessing upon our lives. And the blessing in turn, will produce the material things that we will need for life and for godliness. When God called Abraham, what he had in his mind was to establish a family on the earth. God ordained and perfected a plan in Christ, that all that align with it will be saved, holy and without blame, in love. In the same plan, the ones that accept His plan for salvation are to become His adopted children. By adoption, the child enjoys the same rights, privileges, benefits as the biological or begotten children. God predestined us to become his children so that we can become joint owners of everything in heaven and on earth. So, the plan was what God ordained; anyone that accepts the plan enters into the provisions of God. We don't do anything to deserve all the things that we have in God. All these things are ours because that is what he wants us to enjoy. Our status as children of God is in accordance with the good pleasure of His will. As we embrace this, we are indirectly embracing the blessing. He has chosen to bless everyone that accepts Jesus as their Lord and their Saviour.

*PRAYER*
Father, open my understanding, to know who I am, what I have, and what I can do in you.

*Declaration*
I am blessed. I am blessed because I'm loved, I’m blessed because I'm chosen, I operate in fullness, the blessings that are mine in Christ Jesus. I declare I'm an heir of God and a joint heir in Christ. Amen!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:47am On Mar 30, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, March 30, 2023

*BAPTISM IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, SON AND HOLY GHOST*

*Matthew 28: 18 - 20*
_And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen._

The quality of the life of God that is available to you is a function of your knowledge of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. When sharing the grace, we say the grace of our Lord Jesus, the love of God and the sweet fellowship or communion in the Spirit will be with us. Our Christianity must stand on three legs in the spirit; we must be rooted in our knowledge of the love of God. We must be rooted in our knowledge of the grace and the truth that is in Christ Jesus. We must be rooted in our relationship with the Holy Ghost, communing with the Spirit. That is why when we were being baptized. We were baptised in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. That is because you need to stand on three legs in the spirit, you need to draw nourishment from three levels in the spirit for you to be a solid Christian. It is not a mistake that Jesus said thus baptise them in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost.

Baptism in the name of the Father is actually baptism into the love of God. The love of God must envelope your heart. As you grow in your knowledge of the love of God, there is something about you, you just start being bold. We’re baptised into the name of the Father, we become one with the Father in love, with him and with one another.
We become one with the Son when we get baptised into the Word and that baptism causes grace and truth. The proof that you’ve been baptised into him is that grace and truth start to flow from your inside; your word is full of grace, you are gracious.

There is a way you grow in grace that it just rubs off on you; when people offend you, you're just gracious in the way you respond to them. The only thing that comes out of your mouth is the truth. Baptism into the Word is baptism into grace and truth; where you speak the truth continually within yourself and you speak the truth one to another.
Baptism into the Holy Spirit is the baptism into power and deep communion with the Father, Son and other Christians. 1 John 1:3 – that which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. The Holy Ghost is the one that helps you commune with the Father in prayer, commune with the Son in the Word and commune with other Christians by connecting in service; that is the proof that you are in the Spirit. Your Christianity will stand on three legs: praying to the Father, fellowshipping in the Word and fellowshipping in the Spirit. That is what the baptism will bring you into; it will bring you into prayer, where the love of God is further shed abroad in your heart, it brings you to the place of communion with the Holy Spirit and other Christians and it leads you to the truth of God’s Word as it has to do with those critical things in your life.

*PRAYER*
Father, thank you for your son Jesus Christ and the gift of the Holy Ghost. Thank you for giving me access to come to you directly.

*DECLARATION*
I decree and declare that I come into knowledge and take advantage of the love the Father has for me, the grace and truth that flows in me from the son Jesus Christ, and the communion of the Holy Spirit.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:48am On Mar 31, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, March 31, 2023

THE LORD MY SHEPHERD*

*Psalm 23:1*
_The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want._

*Psalm 100:3*
_We are the sheep of his pasture._

If the Lord is the shepherd, we are the sheep, then he will guide us in the way of peace and prosperity. When God shepherds your life, everything that you need, he will supply; you will not want. When you are led by God, you will be well fed. When you are spirit led, you cannot be stranded. We must all desire that place where God leads us. When God leads you, you will not lack any good thing. As long as God leads you, you will be protected; as long as God leads you, you will be provided for; as long as God leads you, you will be preserved.

In Numbers 9 we saw how God led them in the wilderness via the pillar of cloud and the pillar of fire, and as long as God led them, he provided for them, he preserved their souls. And on the day that the tabernacle was reared up the cloud covered the tabernacle, namely, the tent of the testimony: and at even there was upon the tabernacle as it were the appearance of fire, until the morning. So it was always: the cloud covered it by day, and the appearance of fire by night. And when the cloud was taken up from the tabernacle, then after that the children of Israel journeyed: and in the place where the cloud abode, there the children of Israel pitched their tents. At the commandment of the Lord the children of Israel journeyed, and at the commandment of the Lord they pitched: as long as the cloud abode upon the tabernacle they rested in their tents.

In the wilderness of life, you can’t use your brain. You will observe, anywhere God is, that is where is safe. The place where you pitch your tent must be where God is. God is the one that must lead you in this life. For some people, the problem they have is their certificate: they depend wholly on it. Experience is good but don’t depend on your experience; when it comes to God, you go to him like a child to lead you, lift you, guide you, protect you and provide for you. We must depend absolutely on the leading of the spirit. Where God leads is where the provisions of life are. As long as God leads you, he ensures that everything that is available in him becomes available to you; everything that follows him, follows you. As long as he leads you, even if you fall into a pit, you will be lifted out. When God goes ahead of you, everything in God becomes available to you for free. Goodness and mercy follow you because God is your shepherd.

*PRAYER*
Father, I thank you for provision. I thank you because I know I am safe in you. I thank you for always leading me on the right path. Amen!

DECLARATION
I decree and declare that I am led by God. My steps are ordered by God. I do not lack, I do not fear because I have a good shepherd. So no harm shall befall me.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:57am On Apr 01, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, April 1st, 2023

*JOY LIKE A RIVER*

*Isaiah 12: 3*
_Therefore with joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation._

*Proverbs 15: 13*
_A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken._

Joy is one of the most powerful fruits of the Spirit. As Christians and those that are in Christ Jesus, it is our privilege to walk in the light of God to enjoy peace and experience joy that flows like a river. The joy of the Lord strengthens us when it flows from within our souls. Joy is that factor through which we draw waters from the wells of salvation. The life of God is radiated through us by the spirit of joy. When the river of joy flows into any space, dead things come back to life.

Welcome to April. Welcome to your month of joy overflow. It is my prayer that God will cause you to operate in the fullness of the joy that is available to you in Christ Jesus. The joy of the Lord that is our strength is the joy that flows from the salvation that we have in Christ Jesus. This joy is not happiness. Happiness typically is triggered by things that are happening around us or happening in our favor. This joy is that force that tosses negative circumstances around. Even when things happen or your happiness stops, joy flows right on through the troubled waters. It is unhindered when things are dark, when there is no hope, when things are bleak and when there are difficulties in your life, in persecution, in famine and opposition and in peril. This joy keeps on flowing on the inside of you, keeps a song in your mouth, keeps you on the go and working in the light of God.

Nothing can hinder the flow of joy because it is like a river. It is not dependent on any earthly circumstance. It is a spiritual force. Joy is an exclusive privilege of the children of God. He gives the people of God perpetual joy as a reward for obedience to His Word. Jeremiah 15: 16 says 'Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts'.

Joy is divine. It is rooted in the word of God. Christians search for joy through the word and not in the world. This joy, the world cannot give it to you. This joy propels you to preach the gospel, to help the poor, to visit the widow, to reach out to the fatherless, to spread the good news of the kingdom. This joy, if it is not beneficial to the people around you, and does not do anything to promote the gospel of Jesus Christ, it is not worth it and you cannot claim that it is from God.

There are different types of joy, the joy of your own salvation, the joy of the salvation that other people have, the joy of seeing young people getting born again, the joy that flows in you when you will reach out to the needy and the poor. Joy that comes when you see other people doing good, getting saved and getting help is typically greater than the one that is in your own soul. It is the same joy that flows in heaven when a sinner repents. We should all strive and pray that joy will overflow in our heart and through us. The joy that flows like a river will flow into our world, transforming it completely for Jesus

*PRAYER*
Father, let your joy flow like a river through me this season, to my world in the mighty name of Jesus.

*DECLARATION*
I decree and declare that in this month of April, the joy of the Lord will flow through me affecting my community positively. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, April 2nd, 2023

*THE POWER OF CONGREGATIONAL PRAISE*

*Psalm 149:1-9*
_“Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints. Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: let the children of Zion be joyful in their King. Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp. For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation. Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds. Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand; To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord._

Congregational praise amplifies the power of God because God dwells in the midst of His people. It is commonly said that when we praise Him, He comes and dwells in the midst of our praise. When saints gather in praise, God is pleasured and his pleasures move him to beautify the saints with salvation. This was what the psalmist meant when he said God will beautify the meek with salvation because when the meek gather in praise and in prayer, they begin to release within that environment the power of God. This provokes God to begin to bring into their midst and experience, the collective power of salvation. What this means is that when we stand in the place of praise and worship, we all enter into the things that Jesus died for on the cross. This is because Jesus came to die for our sins, and he came to die for our healing too.

Therefore, all of the things that salvation represents begin to find expression anytime we gather in praise. No wonder healings happen very easily when people gather in praise and worship. Anytime we gather in our congregational worship services, at the end of the day, we just pray for the sick and healings happen very cheaply. Now, I understand why healing evangelists like Benny Hinn and Pastor Chris Oyakhilome will always herald their healing meetings with deep congregational worship. They will lead the people to intense congregational worship and once they do that, they just start speaking.

As they speak, miracles begin to pop up all over the place because when the high praise of God is in the mouth of the saints, the two-edged sword which is the word of God begins to manifest to execute judgment. The power of God to bind and to loose is amplified in that atmosphere. The atmosphere then becomes the atmosphere for miracles because when the saints of God gather in the place of prayer and in worship, the enemy is disarmed and this becomes the collective experience of everybody. Every single saint in that atmosphere can become a miracle worker.

*PRAYER*
Father, put on us as a church the garment of praise.

*DECLARATION*
I live to praise Him. I praise Him in the dance. I praise Him with a musical instrument. I enter fully into what salvation has reserved for me. I become a sign and a wonder. With the two-edged sword in my mouth, I execute vengeance over the enemy, and I bind the princes with chains and fetters of iron. Amen!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:10am On Apr 03, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, April 3, 2023

*WHY WORRY?*

*Philippians 4:6-8*
_Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. [8] Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things_

There is this song we sang as children back then in Sunday school and it goes thus:
Why worry when you can pray?
Tell it to Jesus who is the way,
Don’t be like doubting Thomas,
But just lean upon His promise,
Why worry when you can pray?

No one has ever solved a problem just by worrying about it. Jesus asked a question in Matthew 6:27 “Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature” No one has ever solved a problem just by worrying about it. Psalms 46:1 describes God as a very present help in the time of trouble, rather than worrying about issues beyond our control we can just take it to God in prayer and trust him to help us come out of it. This is the approach my husband and I have used in dealing with debts and financial issues that once plagued our business. Worrying about things will only cause you to slide into depression. Worrying will fill your life with doubts. It will take away the great strides and progress you have made in your walk faith. You need to pay attention to your attitude to scarcity of resources. Your confession must be that; ‘the Lord will provide me all my needs’. You declare this in faith, with faith and by faith.

Jesus said in Matthew 6:27-28 “Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin…” If God can take care of the lilies of the fields and grass that grows by the wayside, how much more you? Trust in the Lord to supply your needs. He will make available resources such as you need to solve everything causing you to worry. Remember that you are to cast all your burdens on Him for he care for you. Your burdens are lifted when you go to God in prayers. God is a great Father, and he will never leave nor forsake you.

*PRAYER*
Dear Father! I cast all my burdens on you. Help me live a life of faith and total trust in your ability to provide resources such as I need in Jesus Name. Amen!

*DECLARATION*
I decree and declare; My burdens are lifted. I am not worried. I will not be shaken. I walk by faith and not by sight. I live and operate according to the economy of heaven. Amen
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:37am On Apr 04, 2023
PST SUNDAY & PST CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, April 4, 2023

*LIVING SACRIFICE*

*Romans 12:1*
_“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service._

*1 Corinthians 6:19* _“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?”_

Apostle Paul in his letter to the Romans, made a plea on the need for holy living among the brethren. The word ‘living sacrifice’ stresses the importance of a pure heart and a life of consecration in our service to God. Holiness is the constant state of purity and consecration expected of every true believer. God expects us to consecrate ourselves daily and present ourselves as a living sacrifice to Him. Looking at the divine nature of God, holiness is a constant.

Our God is full of purity that he expects the same from us. He wants us all to devote our time and efforts towards pleasing Him. This can only happen when we are willing to offer ourselves to Him. Presenting our bodies as a living sacrifice involves giving ourselves to prayers and studying the word of God. We need to deliberately make a decision not to defile ourselves with impure thoughts, immorality, and sin. Daniel decided in his heart not to defile himself with the King’s food. Joseph refused to defile his body and commit sexual immorality with his master’s wife. These people understood the importance of staying pure and consecrated to God.

Do you that know that your body is God’s temple? We must seek every single opportunity to present our bodies to Him as a temple worthy of His presence. God can’t inhabit a temple that is impure. Therefore, you must pay attention to the things that come from inside you. Jesus in Mark said 7:15, “There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man.”

In Jesus’ sermon on the mount, he mentioned how purity is a necessity to see the Father. Matthew 5:8, “Blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God.” The heart occupies a central point and plays a vital role in your life as a Christian. The condition of your heart tells the state of your life for out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. You need to place God’s word in your heart to live a life of purity. The word of God in your life regulates your affairs and keeps you grounded in the will of God. You need to make the decision to stay pure and true to God’s word and desire.

*PRAYER*
Dear Father! I surrender my all to you. Help me to stay holy and acceptable to you at all time in Jesus name. Amen!

*DECLARATION*
I declare that I live for God’s pleasure. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. My heart is sanctified by the blood of Jesus.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:14am On Apr 05, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, April 5, 2023

*PRAYING FOR THE UNKNOWN*

*Ephesians 6:18*
_“Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.”_

*1 Corinthian 14:14-15*
_“For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.”_

In line with Jesus’ commands that men always ought to pray and not to faint, Paul is charging us to engage the force of prayer by praying always with all prayer and supplication in the spirit for all saints. That to me is a very high command and a very serious thing because how do you pray for all saints? You do not know all saints, but praying for all saints is one of those things that exist in the realm of the unknown; there is no way one can know all the saints of God, in Australia, Afghanistan, or the underground church in China. In order for us to pray effectively for all saints, we must pray all types of prayer in understanding and in other tongues; we must do it both in understanding and by the Spirit.

Indeed, most of the issues that we are to pray about are in the realm of the unknown, even for our personal lives. There are things that are ahead of us in five years or ten years that our minds cannot comprehend yet. The Bible says that eyes have not seen, ears have not heard neither has it entered the hearts of men the things that God has prepared for them that love him. Most of the things God has prepared for us are in the realm of the unknown. The best and most effective way to pray about them is to do so in the spirit. To effectively pray for the unknown, is to do them in an unknown tongue. Praying in an unknown tongue should be the default prayer language and the prayer option for the ‘new creature’.

We should not just leave our prayers in the realm of the unknown, but we should also pray that we interpret our prayers, by so doing, we decode the mind of God for the season and for the days ahead. You can imagine just leaving your prayers to the realm of the known, there is every chance that things can go wrong because the truth is that most of the things about our lives are unknown to us. Maybe you are single and not in a relationship, you cannot say for certain who your husband or wife is, most times when we spend time praying in the Spirit, we begin to intercede for people.
So, it is one of the most effective ways to pray for the unknown. This season you are in and the days ahead, just press on in praying to enter into the things that God has prepared for you; when we pray for the future, the answer waits for us before we get there.

*Prayer*
Father fill me afresh with the Holy Spirit and grant me supernatural utterance.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that I am full of the Spirit, and I yield to the Holy Ghost to pray effectively in the Spirit with all supplication for all saints in Jesus' name!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:20am On Apr 06, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, April 6, 2023

*GOD CARES FOR YOU*

*Jeremiah 29: 11*
_For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope._

*1 Peter 5: 7*
_So be content with who you are, and don’t put on airs. God’s strong hand is on you; he’ll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you._

Many a time, we doubt the love God has for us. You look at the circumstances around you and think God has forsaken you. The bible says the thoughts of God towards you are to give you a future and a hope. When things don’t go the way, they want them to, some people lose hope and start asking God why? Some will choose not to believe in God anymore. God is in control, and He is in charge. He cares for you deeper than you care for yourself. The love that God has for you is way deeper and stronger than the love you have for yourself.

You cannot go into the future hopeless. You cannot go into the future thinking that God is stranded or does not care. He cares for us. Your problems/challenges are too small a matter for you to use to gauge the faithfulness of God. He cares for you, and he cares about the things you care about. Even the ones you don’t know, he has you covered. He is God, there is nothing He cannot do, and He cares about the little details in your life. God doesn’t see things the way you see things. Isaiah 55: 8 - “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.”

If you can have this right attitude as to the fatherhood of God, it will radically transform every area of your life. Go into your future, knowing that all things are working for your good. If your parents being evil, can give good things to you, how much more will God who is in heaven. He is the righteous one, the good God. No good thing will He withhold from you. You will see His hand and experience His mercies all the days of your life. Destiny can only be delayed but can never be destroyed. Anything God has said concerning you, your children, your family, your career, your finances, in fact your life in general will stand strong. The throne of God is still intact. Head or tail you win. Look ahead of yourself and be expectant. God is still on the throne. He has taken over your battles, He will fight them for you.

*PRAYER*
Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank You for the never-ending love You have for me. I thank You for all the good things You’re working out for me. I thank You for I can entrust my future into Your hands.

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus, I decree and declare that I am loved by God. I walk in His love daily. I see His love all around me. I face my future confidently because I know everything is secured in His hands. Amen!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:06am On Apr 07, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, April 7, 2023

*JUST DO IT*

*John 2:5*
_His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it._

*1 Samuel 21:8*
_And David said unto Ahimelech, And is there not here under thine hand spear or sword? for I have neither brought my sword nor my weapons with me, because the king's business required haste._

God’s instructions carry so much power within them if deployed at a good speed. Learn to take Him by His word. Peter was so smart that he refuse to subject Jesus’ instruction to scrutiny. Anytime we analyze and over analyze Gods instruction, We risk being a leper for the rest of our life.

Peter in the boat with other disciples were in a quagmire at midnight in the middle of the sea but when word of Jesus was released, the inquisitive Peter jumped at it and walked on water.

Could it be that you have refused to walk on the water of life due to being over analytical?
Always remember that exploits in this kingdom belongs to prompt executors of God’s word. Matthew 14:28-29 [28] And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. [29] And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. This even went on very smoothly until Peter violated a law of the Spirit (doubt).
Anytime God speaks, just do it, without hesitation, this will without fail deliver a lasting victory. Hebrews 4:7 “Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.”
Naaman almost died a stigmatized leper. This general was told to do something very simple, but his ego stepped in the way. It took the intervention of an unnamed slave girl to rescue this general from going down in history as a leper. Beware of subjecting His word to unnecessary scrutiny. Just do it.

*PRAYER*
Father Lord, grant me the grace for prompt obedience to voice.

*DECLARATION*
I declare that my heart is quick to obey His voice without delay. I live to fulfil God’s will for my life and destiny.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:21am On Apr 08, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, April 8, 2023.

*EFFECTIVE PRAYER*

*James 5:16*
_Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much._

*1 Thessalonians 5:17*
_Pray without ceasing_

Prayer is simply talking with God, communicating with God. It is a dialogue between man and God. It is a great privilege to be able to come to God and speak to Him. We talk to God and so we should expect Him to speak back to us and we will only hear Him speak to us if we pause and listen. God is a speaking Spirit. He speaks, we should never see it as a place where we only come to ask Him for things or vent on Him. God must be honoured and revered in our life and especially when we come to Him in prayer. We must see Him as God and therefore there is a way and manner, we approach Him. How we approach God is key in effective praying. We can’t approach Him like we are the God. We first come believing that He is God.

We come believing that He is a God that hears and answers prayers. We also pray in line with His word if we are going to get results. Here, we cannot separate prayer from His word. For us to be effective in praying we must know God and we can only know Him through the revelation of His word.
Yes, everyone desires their prayers to be effective in so much that we lose sight of the incredible privilege we have in prayer. That the Creator of the universe will allow us to speak to Him. Even more outstanding is the fact that God hears us and acts on our behalf. The first thing we must understand about effective ‘praying’ is that Jesus Christ had to suffer and die on the cross to make it possible for us to approach the throne of grace to worship and pray.

Effective prayer has more to do with us than how we pray. The Bible says the prayer of a righteous man availeth much and that the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their prayers. Just as the Israelites benefitted from Moses right standing with God so we must rely on the righteousness imputed on us by Jesus Christ. The passionate prayers of God’s righteous children can accomplish much.
We must also ensure that our prayers are in line with God’s will. “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us”. Praying in accordance with God’s will is essentially praying in accord with what He would want. We can see God’s revealed will throughout scripture. If we do not know what to pray for, we can rely on the Holy Spirit. In fact, any praying we do can only be done by the help of the Holy Spirit for it to be effective. God is Spirit and our spirit by the help of the Holy Spirit must communicate with God. The Holy Spirit intercedes for us in accordance with God’s will. The Spirit of God knows the mind of God which makes it perfect. Prayers is something we must do continually; we are to pray with persistence and not give up. We are to pray with faith, with thanksgiving, with a spirit of forgiveness towards others in Jesus’ name. It is the strength of our faith and not the length of our prayers that pleases God.

*Prayer*
Father, I receive your grace and strength to pray always, and to pray right by the help of your Spirit in Jesus name.

*Declaration*
I am graced to pray! I do not get weary in the place of prayers. I pray always. I pray fervently. My prayers produce results in Jesus name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, April 9, 2023

*JESUS IS ALIVE*

*Acts 2: 22 - 32*
_Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, For he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; Moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, Neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; Thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; he seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses._

The death, the burial and the triumphant resurrection of the Christ after three days and nights in the grave are what stand Christianity apart from any other religion. Jesus is alive. There is Biblical evidence that he is alive and well. It was the post-resurrection Jesus that appeared to Paul on his way to Damascus to wreak havoc on the church. That singular appearance stopped him. Paul later testified that he was privileged to have seen the Christ even after he had died. There are countless accounts worldwide of the supernatural manifestation of the Christ that turned the lives of men, churches and nations around. We saw the risen Christ in the book of Revelation, appearing to John the beloved in the Isles of Patmos, delivering to him intelligence and prophecies for the end time and helping the church to navigate through the murky waters of this evil world.

Jesus is alive. This easter morning as we celebrate, we must not carry in our heads the image of the Christ on the cross. We thank God for the cross. It was the pathway to life and life abundantly. Jesus speaking ' I have come that you may have life and have that life abundantly'. That life came to us by His death. Jesus, like the last Adam, is the life-giving spirit. He had to conquer death so that he can open the way to all held down by the power of death, sin, shame and the grave. He became the light that shone in darkness and the darkness cannot comprehend Him. He had to take upon Himself the form of a man so that He can partake of death. That through death he will deliver all those who through fear of death had been held down in bondage.

He died on the cross for our sins, was buried and on the third day He rose again from the dead. And since He rose again, He has remained risen and we saw that in the days before He died on the cross, God approved Him by all manner of signs, wonders, and miracles throughout his public ministry. When He started out in His public ministry, He spoke extensively about His death on the cross. His death was not a mistake. Referring to this He said as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness so must the son of man be lifted up. He spoke in clear detail of how He will be betrayed, and handed over to the Gentiles to be crucified. And that as Jonah spent three days and nights in the belly of the fish that was how He will spend three days and nights in the grave. That is exactly what He did and conquered death.

His death, like his virgin birth, were all prophesied. He was delivered to die by the predetermined council of God. His death was not an accident. He died as the lamb of God so that he can take away the sins of the world. He died as the seed of the woman that must fall to the ground so that many sons can become part of God's family. John introduced Him as the sacrificial lamb of God. On the cross He became sin for us. He took away our pain, our sicknesses and diseases. On the third day He rose from the dead by the spirit. For it is not possible for Him to be held in the grave because a sinless soul could not be held down by death for sin has no power, and the grave has no dominion over Him.

Today, like yesterday we see Jesus working and walking in the midst of the church, baptizing His people with the Holy Spirit, working miracles, signs and wonders, like He did in the days of His flesh as the token that He is alive, that He's the same yesterday, today and forever. What a comfort this brings to us as believers, that we are not alone in this world. We are not hopeless. We are not helpless. Jesus lives with us. Jesus lives within us by the Holy Ghost and His presence is ever with us. It is our responsibility however to allow him live through us and his life flow through us and within us to all those who come in contact with us. Let this season of Easter remind you continually of this truth that Jesus is alive.

*PRAYER*
Father, like the apostles did, help me to bear witness to this truth on a daily basis, that Jesus is alive.

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus, I receive grace to be conscious of this truth that Christ lives in me and His life flows through me. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:46am On Apr 10, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, April 10th, 2023

*STAY STRONG*

*Philippians 4:13*
_“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”_

*Isaiah 41:10*
_“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”_

*2 Corinthians 12:9*
_“But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.”_

In life, we all face challenges and difficulties that can test our strength and resolve. It is easy to feel overwhelmed and defeated, but as believers, we are called to stay strong and trust in God's power to see us through.

Truth is this, no challenge comes our way that we are not wired to face. There is no difficulty that we do not have the grace to overcome because God will never give us more than we can bear. When we go through scriptures, we see stories of men and women who stood through life’s challenges and came out on the other side stronger and better.

Philippians 4:13 reminds us that we have the power of Christ within us and that we can draw on that strength to overcome any obstacle that comes our way. Always remember that it is not about you or your strength. It is not about your abilities or the lack of them. It is all about your strength made perfect in God.

Isaiah 41:10 assures us that we are not alone in our struggles and that God is always there to support us and give us strength when we need it most. So, when life seems hard, if you look beyond the physical, you will see that you are way stronger than what stands before you.

Finally, 2 Corinthians 12:9 reminds us that even in our moments of weakness, God's grace and power are available to us and that we can find strength in relying on Him.

Staying strong in the face of adversity is not always easy, but with God's help, we can overcome any challenge. As we lean on the strength and power of Christ, we can find the courage and perseverance to keep moving forward, knowing that He is always with us and that His grace is sufficient for whatever we may face.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to always remember that your grace is sufficient for me. Strengthen me when I am weak.

*Declaration*
I declare and decree in the name of Jesus that I am strong. I am courageous. I stand firm knowing that He is always with me, and His grace is sufficient. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:21am On Apr 11, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, April 11, 2023

*LOOK INWARD*

*Mark 7:17-23*
_“When He had entered a house away from the crowd, His disciples asked Him concerning the parable. [18] So He said to them, “Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him, [19] because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods?” [20] And He said, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. [21] For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, [22] thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. [23] All these evil things come from within and defile a man.”_

The Jews in those days, were more concerned with outward cleanliness and purity. This was the way of life they promoted to the people. They wore good clothes, dressed piously, and maintained an excellent outward appearance. In their belief, what defiled a man comes from outside. This included things such as dirty clothes, unclean foods, and poor physical appearance. However, Jesus exposed them during one of his teachings. In the gospel of Mark, Jesus said “…What come out of a man, defiles a man.”

What you carry inside influences your life to a great extent. You may wear beautiful clothes and look beautiful outside but when special attention is paid to your inside, it smells of sin and immorality. Jesus said that from within the heart of men proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornication, etc. These are the things that defile a man. These are the things that makes you unclean. When they are present inside you, they keep you far away from God.

Uncleanliness is a product of living a sinful life of corruption and immorality. Immoral thoughts pollutes your mind and corrupts every good seed in you. The bible says that, “as a man thinks in his heart, so is he”. So, if your thoughts are immoral, then you can’t expect to pure before God. We need to look inward to address the issues of our life. Proverbs 4:23 “Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.” You must make conscious effort to sanitize your life from sin and immorality. Jesus refers to them as evil things; “All these evil things come from within and defile a man.”

People don’t look inward again. They don’t take time to engage in sober reflection of their lives. The trend today is owning the latest phones, cars, accessories, hair, clothes and many more. What God expects from us is total vigilance over our hearts. You need to ensure that Satan doesn’t sow evil seeds in you. These seeds births evil things that can choke and snuff out your spiritual standing with God. You must look inward always if you want to maintain a pure heart before God. Studying the word of God is compulsory if your life will be pleasing to God. The psalmist said, “your word I have hidden in my heart that I may not sin against you.” Look for a solitary place to hear from God. Seek His word and He will renew your mind. Remember, God searched the deepest parts of hearts and knows our thoughts and intents.

*PRAYER*
Father, have mercy on me, give me a pure heart and help me to look into your word always. Amen!

*DECLARATION*
My heart is pure! My heart is not corrupted! My thoughts are the thoughts of the kingdom! My mind is renewed
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:44am On Apr 12, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, April 12, 2023

*ELEMENTS IN THE LORD’S PRAYER PART 1*

*Mathew 6: 9 – 13*
_“In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come; your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”_

The Lord’s Prayer is no doubt the most popular prayer in the world. It is one prayer a lot of people believe that by praying the exact words of that prayer, they are sure to get answers to the prayer. We are not here debating the veracity of that claim, but what we want to look at is that the Lord’s Prayer is the New Testament template on how to pray in order to guarantee results. Moments before Jesus started giving the template of the prayer, He was talking about how not to pray and the things not to do in prayer and so on. He said “in this manner, pray…” In mathematics, examples are not the problem; examples are steps on how to solve similar problems. So, this should not be the case. We should not be praying this prayer to God and it should not be the prayer we pray to open or close an event.

The Lord’s Prayer remains a classic example given to us as believers in the New Testament on how we approach prayer and approach the throne of grace in order to find mercy. Jesus in this prayer, gave us a manner; He gave us a type – the template. The Lord’s Prayer has a lot of elements that we must take note of to guide us in the place of prayer. There are elements that are contained in this prayer which should interest any bible student. We will look at two of them today.

The first of such elements is our relationship with God. God is our father and we are His children, and this tells you that prayer stands effectively on our relationship with God. It is important that you have a good relationship with God because He does not listen to sinners, but when you are his son, He is sure to attend to your voice. In approaching God, we must approach Him as a good father. When we come to God in prayer, bearing this in mind has a way of positioning our hearts in faith to get answers to our prayers.

The second element of the Lord’s Prayer is the need to recognize where God sits and from where He operates. God is in heaven and we are on the earth, and God is the highest power of all, He is the highest authority, He is the one that rules over the heavens and He rules over the realms that determine what happens in the affairs of men and what happens in the earth. Therefore, everything that we need can be met from the realm of God.

*Prayer*
Father in the name of Jesus, open my eyes to see the elements clearly that are contained in the Lord’s Prayer in Jesus' name.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, my eyes are open, my eyes see, my ears hear and my heart understands. I know my relationship with God, and the eyes of my understanding are enlightened to see clearly who I am, what I have and what I can do in Christ Jesus.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:22am On Apr 13, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, April 13, 2023

*PRAY FORWARD*

*Luke 18: 1*
_Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart._

*Philippians 4: 6*
_Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done_

Jesus was continually in prayer mode. He always encouraged us to pray, as he did. He even taught his disciples how to pray. This shows that prayer is a vital part of our lives as Christians. If we truly want to emulate the life of Christ, then we will have to emulate his prayer life as well. Through prayer, you can go and address things in the past, the present and the future. That’s how powerful prayer is. You can pray for things before they happen. You can pray for the future, pray for the marriages of your children, pray for their days in the university, and pray for your home. You can pray about everything. Let us make it a habit to pray in the spirit and pray before things happen. Jesus practiced it. Jesus prayed for us and prayed for the church. Prayer is so powerful. Prayer can go backwards to repair the past, secure things in the now and send them ahead of yourself.

There can be various triggers for praying ahead, but one high motive is the desire to blend our praying with the Lord’s plans to work ALL things for his Glory. Advance prayer won’t always avert a life storm, but can affect its outcome. And whatever serves God’s Glory is connected wonderfully to our good. Another trigger is praying so that things don’t go wrong. Pray for things before they happen. Don’t wait for things to go wrong before you start praying. And even when they do go wrong, they can then work together for our good.

Never plan without praying ahead. The one thing that both planning and praying have in common is the future. Any time you plan, it is for the future. Oftentimes you pray, it is about the future. We rarely know what is ahead. The best time to pray about a crisis or problem might be before it happens; praying ahead of it. By anticipating a situation, prayer can block its arrival or influence its outcome. There are times when our praying doesn’t block the problem’s arrival but prepares us to face it.

*PRAYER*
Father, I ask for the grace to always be in the place of prayer. Teach me to pray in every circumstance. Teach my heart to trust you. Amen.

*DECLARATION*
I decree and declare that I am walking in the will of God. I am fortified in the place of prayer, to face every storm that comes my way. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:13am On Apr 14, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, April 14, 2023

CALL FOR HELP WHEN NEEDED*

*Romans 8:11*
_But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you._

*Matthew 10:2*
_Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;_

Whoever you are under the sun, if you live long enough, your strength will fail you at some point in this life journey. You will have to outsource some things to avoid packing up before your time. Jesus’ body was lying dead in the grave, on the third day, in order for what is written to come to pass, an external force (the Holy Spirit) entered and brought Christ back to life, without this force, resurrection would have remained a mirage.

The help offered by Joseph of Arimathea is another very crucial help in the ministry of Jesus. After Jesus was confirmed dead, none of the 12 disciples was bold or influential enough to prevent the body from being the breakfast of dogs like jezebel’s body. A help arose in the person of Joseph of Arimathea, the whole resurrection escapade would have remained a dead dream if the heavy weight disciple didn’t step in.

Don’t ever see yourself as one self sufficient being who can’t be assisted. Pride is a very cancerous vice which renders its victims useless at anytime and anywhere in the world or even heaven. Ecclesiastes 5:9 “Moreover the profit of the earth is for all: the king himself is served by the field.” As powerful as a king is in a nation, he can’t feed himself and his family without the assistance of the field, he depends on the field for survival. Let’s all learn ‘to be calming down’, source for help when your strength can’t carry you. It’s true that Jesus had the power to feed 5 thousand but cooperation of the boy with 5 loaves was so crucial that Jesus didn’t despise that seed of five loaves when it surfaced . Jesus was 100% man and 100% God , this humanity of Jesus was what necessitated this dependency on human effort to achieve so many things during His earthly ministry.
As man, if you despise the help of the Holy Spirit, your failure will be legendary and made known to all. Until the Holy Spirit alighted of Him at the Jordan River, His ministry on earth remained dormant. Friends, we need help. Humble yourself to ask for help and you shall be given. Matthew 7:7 “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.”

*PRAYER*
Father, help me to be humble enough to ask for help when necessary.

*DECLARATION*
In Jesus' name, I open myself to the help of the Holy Ghost at every point in my life journey.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:51am On Apr 15, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, April 15, 2023

*THE PAULINE PRAYERS*

*Ephesians 1: 15-23* _“Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. And He put all things under His feet and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.”_

The letters of Paul the apostle contain a lot of solid biblical nuggets on different subjects, but our interest today is on the subject of prayer. Paul was a man that wrote extensively on prayer, and on how the Holy Spirit helps us in the place of prayer to overcome infirmities. He spoke in another place on how to pray in the spirit, the need to pray in the spirit, why we should pray in understanding, the posture in prayer, the need to pray and all of that. But as you take a close look at his letters, you will see that he was evidently a man of great prayer.

In his books, you also can glean prayer points that he prayed for the churches. It is wisdom for us today to pray these prayers into our lives. It was Kenneth E. Hagin of blessed memory who in his books and many messages had made the Pauline prayer popular. In the account that he gave of himself in some of his books, he said that over a particular period in his life, while he was a young pastor, he was impressed by the Spirit of God in his heart that he should pray the prayer of Paul as it is in Ephesians 1:15-23, and over that period, he prayed this prayer over a thousand times. He said that the prayer which is centered around the spirit of wisdom and revelation, opened his eyes to deep truth in the word of God and this completely changed his understanding of scriptures which led to a complete turnaround of his life and ministry – it was as though his inner man was flooded with light, and the bible became unveiled to him.

You will also find another of this prayer in Ephesians 3:14-19 and in Colossians 1:9-17. These are prayers that we are allowed to pray over and over again because they are prayers on consecration; it is only when we pray the prayer of faith that we are not allowed to repeat ourselves or we just have to pray them once. When it comes to the prayer of consecration, it is like bathing; you pray this prayer as long as you are in the flesh, in other words, as long as you feel the need to take your bath, there is a need to always pray this prayer. I want to encourage you to meditatively consider these scriptures and other Pauline prayers in other epistles. Take your time to look through scriptures, meditate on them, extract prayer points and pray them in other tongues and in understanding – pray them into your life and pray them into your church. It is the duty of pastors to pray this into the lives of their people and it is also the duty of individuals to pray it into their lives and to pray the same into the lives of other saints.

Trust me when you do this, your life, your business, and your ministry will take on a new lease of life.

*Prayer*
Father, open my eyes and my spirit to understand the Pauline prayer

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I have insight; I have understanding by the spirit. I declare that the spirit of God opens my eyes and strengthens and enables me to overcome the infirmities in the place of prayer in Jesus' name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:35am On Apr 16, 2023
PST SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, April 16, 2023

*THE HELPER*

*John 14:25-26*
_“These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things I said to you.”_

*John 16:12-14*
_“I still have many things to say to you but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak of His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.”_

One of the last messages of Jesus to His disciples was centered on the Holy Spirit. He said He would pray that the Father would send them the Holy Spirit, the Helper. So, the disciples needed the Holy Spirit to bring to their memory all that Jesus said to them while He was on earth. A major role of the Holy Spirit is to speak to us through the word of God. A believer’s life is incomplete without knowing how to hear the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit helps us to understand what we read from God’s word by illuminating our hearts and revealing the spirit of the letters.

The Holy Spirit also teaches us all things. When reading His word, we must consciously engage Him to reveal truths to us, it is these truths taught or understood by us that will speak in those challenging ugly times of our lives. These words will be tried but because we have received understanding, we will rise up to the occasion and be victorious. The Holy Spirit wants to teach us who Jesus really is. He reveals the Father and the Son to us. John 16:12-14 shows that The Holy Spirit has many things to say to us about who Jesus is and this will help us live a well meaningful life here on earth. It is important we have a personal revelation of who Christ is and this can only come to us by divine revelation. When you press into Him, He will speak truths to your heart, He will enlighten your heart and give you a deep understanding of the person of Jesus and that in turn deepen our fellowship with Jesus.

Another role the Holy Spirit plays in the life of a Believer is to give us strength to truly overcome sin. He gives us the ability to live a life above sin by encouraging us and strengthening our hearts. Acts 1:8 says “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you…” This power speaks of the power to say no to sin, the power to live a life wholly committed to God, to live a life of purity, to live in victory, peace, and joy, and to live continually on God’s grace. He gives us the power to live in the centre of God’s will.

*Prayer*
Father, thank you for the Holy Spirit that dwells in me. Help me to take advantage of the many things He is set to do in my life. AMEN!

*Declaration*
I commune and walk with the Holy Spirit daily. I am sensitive to the His leading. I know and hear His voice. I yield myself to Him completely. I follow His voice all the days of my life.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:44am On Apr 17, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, April 17, 2023

*BE MINDFUL*

*Philippians 4:13*
_I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me._

*1 Peter 2: 9*
_But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvellous light._

There are three very powerful truths that you need to be mindful of. You need to be mindful of your spiritual identity, particularly as a child of God. You must take time to think about your identity. That is, who you are in Christ. You need to know it, think, and reflect about it strongly until light dawns in your spirit as to who you are. When you begin to meditate on your identity, there are certain things that will begin to come out of your life. This is one of the areas Satan wants to suppress us in. He wants to make you think you are a mere man. You are not a mere man. You’re a god, you’re a child of God, you’re the son of God. You need to meditate on your identity. Proverbs 23: 7a - For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he. You must make sure that the thoughts you think about yourself are the right thoughts. Say to yourself ‘I’m a royal priesthood, a peculiar people, a chosen generation, you’re a joint heir with Christ’. You can’t carry yourself around like a beggar. You must think well about yourself.

You also need to think about what you have in Christ. The resources that are available to you in Christ. The things that are yours in Christ. All things are yours. All things. You’re a joint heir with Christ. He said Abraham was a possessor of the heavens and the earth. Abraham understood this before he became rich in all things. You can’t be rich in all things if you don’t know and believe that all things are yours. Say to yourself repeatedly ‘all things are mine’. When you know that all things are yours, you can’t be beggarly. In the way you think, the way you behave, the way you speak, it will show. All things are yours. Jesus said it, Paul said it, the word of God said it, that all things are yours.

Psalms 2: 8 - Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. You need to also meditate on the word of God with regard to the things you can do. Say to yourself ‘I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me’. You have the supernatural ability. You must be mindful of your identity, your abilities and your prosperity. You need to meditate on these three. Speak them into your life and they will become your reality.

*PRAYER*
In Jesus’ name, I receive every good thing given to me in Christ. Sickness cannot live in my body. I live in my heavenly reality because I know who I am in Christ.

*DECLARATION*
All things are mine. I know who I am. I know what I have and I know what I can do in Christ Jesus.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:41am On Apr 18, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, April 18, 2023

*YIELD UNTO GOD*

*Romans 6:13*
_“Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your embers as instruments of righteousness unto God.”_

*2 Chronicles 30:8*
_“Now do not be stiff-necked, as your fathers were, but yield yourselves to the LORD; and enter His sanctuary, which He has sanctified forever, and serve the LORD your God, that the fierceness of His wrath may turn away from you.”_

The days that are upon us calls us for total dedication to God. The bible says that in the last days, the love of many for God will grow cold. The desires and cravings of the flesh will affect people’s hunger and thirst for righteousness. The Devil knows that he is on a time crunch. So, he is eagerly seeking to devour the live of Christians with sin and unrighteousness. Paul was speaking on the need to yield our bodies to God and not as instruments of unrighteousness.

You need to pay attention to what you desire and the things you channel your energies too. God expects you to yield yourself totally to him without holding back nothing. A songwriter once wrote a powerful song; “I surrender all to you, withholding nothing…I give myself away.” The need of the hour is people who are willing to surrender their all to God. They are those who have decided to serve the Lord with all their might, strength and soul.

How do you live your life? Is your career path or money more important to you than yielding to God’s will? Certain people believe they can partially yield themselves to God and expect everything to be rosy. No! You are either yielded to righteousness or unrighteousness. There are no middle grounds at all.

The life God wants us to live on earth requires total submission and total commitment to His word, His will, and His Way. Jesus said, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. If your desires are not matching God’s will, then you are not yielded to Him. The way of the lord may be narrow and bumpy, but He is faithful and Just to see you through to the end. The bible says in Jonah 2:8, “They that observe lying vanities, forsake their own mercy.” When you don’t yield and submit to God, you take yourself out of His mercies for you. Satan get free reign of your life. You can only resist the devil when you submit to God.

You may be the most active member in your local church. You may also be the most generous giver to church projects. If you haven’t yielded totally to God, then you are only pleasing yourself, the eyes of men, but not God. Do not be deceived for God can’t be fooled. You are either with Him and for Him a hundred percent or you aren’t. Choose this day to yield totally to God.

*PRAYER*
Father! Help me to submit to you all the days of my life.

*DECLARATION*
I declare, God is my source and my all. I surrender all to Him. I yield to His will for me. Amen!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:24am On Apr 19, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, April 19, 2023

*THE ELEMENTS IN THE LORD’S PRAYER PART 2*

*Mathew 6: 9–13*
_“In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”_

The Lord’s Prayer remains for the church the perfect template for praying in order to get results. Jesus the one who prayed all the days of His flesh, and who always got results, gave his disciples this template for approaching God in prayer. Every student of the bible and of the subject of prayer knows without any doubt that it is imperative to understand the elements that are locked up in the Lord’s Prayer; for this is key if you are going to be successful in the place of prayer. We have observed over time that people struggle in the place of prayer. A lot of people pray without getting results because they pray amiss, not following the laid down pattern that Jesus gave to us.

Last week, we looked at two of the fundamental elements in the Lord’s Prayer. The first two are relationship and recognition. In relationship, we looked at God being our father and we being His children. God is a very responsible God – this is the foundation upon which prayers stand.

The third element in the Lord’s prayer is centered around adoration, where it is said “Hallowed be thy name”. Jesus here is showing us the place of adoration in prayer, this follows the fact that God is a King, and He sits on the throne of heaven. We must come before the King with all sense of reverence, the way Esther approached King Ahauserus even though he was her husband. She did not approach him anyhow, she approached him with reverence. As much as God is our father, we must come before his throne adoring Him and calling Him by His many names, hallowing His name, and worshipping Him – this is very important when it comes to prayer.

The fourth element we can see locked up in “thy kingdom come” – this shows us that in prayer, we take back to God the things that we are anticipating him to do. Usually, we come to the place of prayer after we have discovered the things that God wants us to do. Usually, these are things that He has done in the spirit but have not yet reflected in our lives, which we call the finished works of Christ. It is not just you going to God with your thoughts but really discovering the things that he wants to do. One of the things God really wants to do on the earth is for the kingdom of this world to become of Christ. It is important for you to discover the things that are done in the spirit and what we want to see done on the face of the earth.

*PRAYER*
Father, opens our eyes more to see the truth that is in your word and the elements that are locked up in the Lord’s Prayer.

*DECLARATION*
In the name of Jesus Christ, I declare that my eyes are open, I declare that the will of God is done in my life, in my country, in my church, and in my family in Jesus' name.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:26am On Apr 20, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, April 20, 2023

*CONSIDER NOT THE CLOUDS*

*Ecclesiastes 11: 4*
_He who observes the wind will not sow, and he who regards the clouds will not reap._

The Bible in Ecclesiastes, encourages us not to consider the clouds. The things you can see with your physical eyes are temporal, and the ones you cannot see are eternal. There are things that when you focus on, can distract you. You need to ensure that your eyes are on God and His Word. If you do not sow, you cannot reap. If you keep looking at the things around you, you will lose your focus. Instead of observing the circumstances around you, focus your eyes on God. See things through the eyes of God. Do not consider the uncertainties.

You do not plan your life based on the wind, be it political, economic, market, amongst others. They are lying vanities. You do not observe the things that are uncertain because the market can go up and down. Instead, observe the workings of God. God is not in the wind. Don’t focus on the things that are shaking around you. Don’t focus on the condition of the nation. When you keep observing such, they can make you become afraid.

When you continually observe things your eyes can see and your ears can hear, you can become depressed. You will not take the right steps. Out of fear, you will be unable to do the things you are supposed to do within that time of your life. This will in turn stop you from enjoying some things in the future. Focusing on some of the trends in the immediate, can leave you blinded, offended and depressed.

In this month of April, ask yourself what seeds are you supposed to sow that will bring your desired harvest. Ask God what seeds you need to sow, what steps you need to take. Mike Murdock said for every harvest there is a seed. Whenever God asks you to bring a seed, he has a harvest in mind. There are things that you desire in life that are the harvest. Go to God and ask what seeds you need to sow and what steps you need to take. Receive instructions and focus on the right seeds. By doing that, you are creating the right conditions around yourself. You will then have a massive harvest.

*PRAYER*
Father, I pray that Your good hand will rest upon me. It will cause me to know the things I am supposed to do so that the issues of life will be in my command. Amen.

*DECLARATION*
I decree and declare that my eyes are fixed on God. I am not moved by the circumstances around me. I plant my seeds and I receive my harvest in abundance. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:52am On Apr 21, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, April 21, 2023

*CONCEIVE, BELIEVE AND ACHIEVE*

*Genesis 11:6 [KJV]*
_And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do._

*Genesis 37:5 [KJV]*
_And Joseph dreamed a dream, and he told it his brethren: and they hated him yet the more._

Nimrod and Joseph started their project with conception in their mind. Nimrod shared his dream with people who were one and united under a purpose and so did Joseph. The human mind is the factory where the unseen is infused with the power and the legitimate authority to be established and converted into a tangible form. Both conception and believing are two forces that once joined together will birth achievements. This is one of the most powerful laws of creation. Since it is from the abundance of the heart that the mouth receives its instructions, it will suffice me to say that until God conceived the earth and mixed it with faith, He never spoke. Hebrews 11:3 says, “Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.” Even God doesn’t violate this progressive law of creation, the moment faith was established, God followed it up with spoken words. Genesis 1:3 points this out, “And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.” If you can’t conceive it and believe it, expecting to achieve it will remain a scam.

Nimrod’s imaginations were so strong that God called it an unstoppable project. Even Elon musk when he was in secondary school, his teacher asked him what he would like to be when he grows up, his reply was this, “I want to colonize Mars.” Be careful what your mind meditates on since this scripture cannot be broken. Proverbs 23:7 points out that; “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.” We must tread with caution because our inner conversations are so real that God most times judges us by the motives much more that the actions. Thoughts are visible and sustains a form in the realm of the spirit.

God is very clear with the images in our thoughts. The word imagination comes from the word imagine. 1 Chronicles 28:9. Until it is conceived and believed by the conceiver, it lack the full power of establishment in this tangible world. Jesus said unto him, “If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.” Mark 9:23

*Prayer*
Father Lord, help me to conceive and believe all that you have said concerning me in your word. Amen!

*Declaration*
I declare that my mind is fruitful with the right thoughts that are in alignment with my purpose, and I believe all things are possible to them that believe.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:10am On Apr 22, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday April 22, 2023

*MIX YOUR PRAYER*

*Acts 10:2*
_A devout man and one who feared God with all his household, who gave alms generously to the people, and prayed to God always._

*Acts 10: 30*
_So, Cornelius said, "Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and behold, a man stood before me in bright._

*Matthew 17:21*
_However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting._

Jesus in His classic sermon on the mount in Matthew 6 showed us the connection between alms giving, prayer and fasting. Someone asked me once what is alms giving? I said that is the money that you give to the poor because money has different names, the one you give to the school is called school fees, the one you give to your landlord is called rent, the one you give to the church is called offering or tithe, the one you give to the government is called tax, the one you give to the poor is called alms. Also, in the 58th chapter of Isaiah, He presented this same connection, the prayer, fasting, and alms giving connection. Isaiah took time to explain that it is not wise to fast without praying and it is not wise to fast without giving to the poor because that's what causes the factors to begin to align for you and causes light to flood your heart, and the light of GOD to invade your space.

In this season more than ever before, we need to perfectly mix prayer, fasting and alms giving. The Roman centurion in Acts 10 will forever remain the poster child of the power of mixing prayer with fasting and alms giving. He was a devout man who did not only pray to GOD always but spent quality time in fasting and was sensitive to the needs of the people around him, particularly the needs of the Jews. Jesus also alluded to this massive power; I mean the power that is generated when prayer is mixed with fasting. When He cast out the demon from the little boy, the disciples wondered why they could not do it. He said you don't have that power in your life if you do not mix prayer with fasting. Meaning that massive power is made available to anyone who combines effective prayer with fasting and when you add alms giving to it, it makes it a threefold cord that cannot be broken.
In this season where a lot of people have been hit hard economically, we must be sensitive and responsive in reaching out to those around us who we can help. And don't say you do not have anything. The widow had her last meal, and she was able to stretch out her hand of help to the prophet. There are things that you have within your possession that can be a blessing to other people. And this season calls for fervent prayer that is mixed with fasting and alms giving. We all know how the story of the widow ended, that was her way out of hardship. It was that gesture of stretching out her hand to give her alms to the needy prophet that brought the hand of GOD upon what she had left. By stretching a helping hand to the poor, we secure the hand of GOD upon our lot. Let us do good to all men starting with those who are of the household of faith.

Let us reach out to family members and friends, let us sow mercy seeds this season for we do not only obtain massive mercy, but we also set up ourselves for massive divine visitation and open heavens. Like with the centurion, we don’t only enjoy angelic visitation we also stand to receive the outpouring of the Spirit of GOD. And when the Spirit of GOD is poured forth on a man, the blessing of GOD multiplies, and the wilderness turns to a fruitful field.

*Prayer*
Father, create in me a compassionate heart, create in me the hunger for prayer and fasting. Amen!

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that I am strong, I am compassionate, I am sensitive, I am generous, and the hand of GOD is upon me because I am the hand of GOD to those that are around me.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, April 23rd, 2023

*FAITH HONORS GOD*

*Luke 7: 1-10*
_“When he finished speaking to the people, he entered Capernaum. A Roman captain there had a servant who was on his deathbed. He prized him highly and didn’t want to lose him. When he heard Jesus was back, he sent leaders from the Jewish community asking him to come and heal his servant. They came to Jesus and urged him to do it, saying, “He deserves this. He loves our people. He even built our meeting place.” Jesus went with them. When he was still quite far from the house, the captain sent friends to tell him, “Master, you don’t have to go to all this trouble. I’m not that good a person, you know. I’d be embarrassed for you to come to my house, even embarrassed to come to you in person. Just give the order and my servant will get well. I’m a man under orders; I also give orders. I tell one soldier, ‘Go,’ and he goes; another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it. ”Taken aback, Jesus addressed the accompanying crowd: “I’ve yet to come across this kind of simple trust anywhere in Israel, the very people who are supposed to know about God and how he works.” When the messengers got back home, they found the servant up and well._

The Bible speaks in several places on the different types of faith and talks about the measure of faith; weak faith, strong faith, little faith, and great faith. The testimony of the faith of the Centurion stands out in scriptures and remains a shining example of what great faith is. A careful study of this account holds for us the shining elements that we can combine to generate great faith in order for us to be able to generate our desired outcome. The centurion was not a Jew, he was a Gentile, but he was able to walk in the faith of the Jews because of the kind of heart that he had; a heart of love. The centurion was a lover of the nation of Israel, he was a lover of the faith of the nation of Israel, and he was a lover of the God of the nation of Israel. This is how we plug into the faith lane and how we plug into the flow of faith.

The centurion demonstrated his love for the nation Israel by building them a synagogue. He was a lover in words and deeds. In addition to all of these, he was also a disciple of Jesus. He studied the life of Jesus; he paid attention to the ministry of Jesus, and he reflected severally on the miracles, the methodology, and the authority of Jesus. He knew that Jesus was supported by an invincible and all-powerful spiritual infrastructure that responded to words of command like in the Military.

The centurion came to the conclusion that all he needed was for Jesus to speak. Jesus said that He had not found this kind of faith in Israel. That tells us that God is looking for faith because anywhere God sees faith, He puts a miracle. He understood clearly that honour is at the core of the military, and he also knew that for you to operate in faith and to operate as Jesus did, honour must be at the heart of it. There was no one that came to God by faith and did not get what they desired.

*PRAYER"
Father, teach me to honour you in my faith work.

*DECLARATION*
In Jesus' name, I declare that I am a man of faith and honour, I receive wisdom to know how to process the things in my life in order to generate the God kind of faith. God produces for me all my heart desire in Jesus’ name!
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:29am On Apr 24, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, April 24th, 2023

*MORE THAN A CONQUEROR*

*Romans 8:37*
_“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who us.”_

As believers in Jesus Christ, we have been given the incredible promise that we are more than conquerors. This means that we are not just able to survive the challenges of life, but that we can overcome them with great strength and victory. Romans 8:37 tells us that our victory does not come from our own abilities, but from Christ's love for us. When we trust in Him and rely on His strength, we can overcome any obstacle that comes our way. But we must know, believe and accept this truth for it to deliver results to us.
So, what does it mean to be more than a conqueror? It means that we don't just barely make it through our trials, but that we emerge from them with a greater sense of strength and purpose than before. It means that we can face our challenges with confidence and hope, knowing that Christ is with us and that His power is at work in us.
But how do we become more than conquerors? We do so by renewing our minds and transforming our thinking to align with God's truth.
In Romans 12:2, we are told, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will."

By studying God's Word and filling our minds with His truth, we can overcome the negative thoughts and doubts that hold us back. We can replace them with thoughts of hope, courage, and strength that come from knowing who we are in Christ.
The onus is on us to spend time with the word and in prayer. It is not just enough to know what is written, you must meditate on what is written until it becomes flesh, until it comes alive within you and becomes a part of you. The Word can produce all that we need it to produce per time, it is potent and can be whatever we need it to be.

As believers in Jesus Christ, we are more than conquerors through His love and strength. We can face our challenges with confidence and hope, knowing that He is with us and that His power is at work in us. By renewing our minds and aligning our thoughts with God's truth, we can overcome anything that comes our way and emerge victorious.

*PRAYER*
Father, thank you for making me more than a conqueror. Thank you for making me victorious through Christ Jesus. Amen!

*DECLARATION*
I decree and declare that in Christ, I am an overcomer. I have won. I am victorious. So, I am more than a conqueror. Amen
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 6:31am On Apr 25, 2023
PST.SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, April 25, 2023

*TRUST AND OBEY*

*Proverbs 3:5*
_“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”_

*Isaiah 50:10*
_“Who among you fears the LORD? Who obeys the voice of His Servant? Who walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD And rely upon his God.”_

Trust requires placing complete faith in somebody, something, an idea, or a belief. It is a firm belief which is built on relationship, reliability, and truth. Any relationship that lacks trust can never last long. God expects us to put our total trust in Him. Our God is a dependable Father who has proven His love to us. God wants His children to believe in His word beyond anything. He has given us the best assurance that He can never leave nor forsake us. He is faithful and just to do all He has promised us. All that He requires from us is to trust and obey Him.

The chorus of the popular Hymn written by John H. Sammis sums it all, “Trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.” Obeying God’s word proves that you trust Him, you believe in Him and love Him unconditionally. God considers obedience a very vital requirement in our relationship with Him. If you love Him, you must trust Him and if you trust Him, you must obey His words. Jesus said, “if you love me, keep my commandments...” Trusting God must be your lifestyle if you want to advance your relationship with Him.

Today, people trust and believe the words of experts or professionals more than God’s word. They depend more on their academic qualifications, business acumen and technical skills than what God told them. When you trust God words for your life, He becomes a lamp to your feet and light to your path. God’s word in you will shine through any darkness when you trust and obey Him. Life will throw a lot of temptations that seek to question your faith and trust in God. These temptations want you to doubt God, abandon Him for other alternatives and ultimately disobey Him.

Rely on God to sustain you. Hold unto His word and see him work wonders in your life. God will draw near to you if your draw near to Him. That doctor’s report is not greater than God’s covenant of divine health for you. The economic meltdown does not invalidate God’s covenant of prosperity for you. He wants you to acknowledge Him in your life today and see Him directs your path. He will open doors to the nation for you. He will put you in the minds of important people who will change your story. Remember, they that put their trust in Him will not be ashamed.

*PRAYER*
Father, help me to trust your word. Take away every spirit of disobedience in me and lead by your hand in the paths of righteousness. Amen!

*DECLARATION*
I put my trust in God. I obey His words. I will not be put to shame. My enemies will not triumph over me.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 8:43am On Apr 26, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, April 26th, 2023

*THE POWER OF THE TONGUE*

*Proverbs 18:21*
_“Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.”_

*James 3:2*
_“For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.”_

The world we live in was spoken into existence by God. It is safe to say the world will not be in existence if it was not spoken into existence. God created things by His words. As He spoke, the things were created. Nothing was created that was not called forth. The earth that was void and formless took shape and ‘became’ because God said, “Let there be”. This shows the importance of words. We were created in the image and likeness of God and so can create with our words like God. We can change things or make things by our words. Bishop Oyedepo said a closed mouth is a closed destiny, meaning we will not fulfil our destiny if we don’t speak or declare God’s word. We must say the things God is saying in order to fulfil the will of God. We must speak out the promises to see them manifest in our lives.

We must make a heart-to-mouth connection. It is whatever that is in our heart we will speak. It is our thoughts we express with words so we must ensure that we store God’s word in our hearts and our thoughts so we can speak it out. If we don’t have God’s word in our hearts or thoughts, we cannot speak it. When problems arise instead of us speaking God’s words and promises, we will find ourselves expressing fears and lies of the enemy. It is whatever we are filled with that comes out of us when pressed with challenges. Pressure brings out what is in us. Now imagine you have meditated on the word and have a deep revelation of God’s word concerning different issues, when problems arise it is the word of God in you that will answer to those situations and bring you the victory.

Our mouth was given to us for a purpose. It is not just for speaking carelessly or gossiping and speaking slanderously. We are to use our words graciously, to edify, encourage and uplift whoever hears us. Our words must always be filled with wisdom, power, kindness and grace. We should learn to listen more and speak less, in the multitude of words there is sin but he who restrains his lips is wise. James 3:2 says “For in many things we offend all. If any man offends not in word, the same is a perfect man and able also to bridle the whole body”. Therefore, a perfect man is one who knows how to control his tongue. There is so much power in our tongue; we can yield it to the Holy Spirit to help us use it to glorify our Father always and to speak His promises into existence in our lives.

*PRAYER*
Father, thank you for giving me a mouth and wisdom. Help me to always be conscious of the words that I speak in Jesus’ name. Amen!

*DECLARATION*
Words are gracious and kind. My words are in alignment with what God is saying over me.
My words edify and encourage. My words bring healing to their hearers. My words comfort.
My words bring life and create. My words glorify My God always.
Re: WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL by Faithfulness88: 7:05am On Apr 27, 2023

HOLYHILL CHURCH ABUJA

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, April 27th, 2023

*CREATED FOR FELLOWSHIP*

*Genesis 3: 8 – 9*
_And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden. And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?_

*1 John 1: 3*
_We proclaim to you what we ourselves have actually seen and heard so that you may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ._

One of the greatest privileges we have as Christians is fellowship with God. Before the Fall, God fellowshipped with man in the garden of Eden. He lost that privilege after he fell. Christ came to restore the fellowship with the Father.

Fellowship is towards God and towards man. God, today, is yearning for fellowship and companionship. He created us to fellowship with him and with one another. In the garden of Eden, God came searching for man to fellowship with Him, but man hid himself from Him because he was naked. God desires for us to fellowship with Him and with other men. That is why you don’t stay away from church. By staying away from church you are keeping something away from the service.

Satan fights fellowship because he knows that God desires fellowship. He fights communion between husband and wife, between pastors and their members. He causes little offense here and there, so that we do not fellowship with one another. That is why God does not like malice - when you refuse to talk to someone.

You were created to fellowship. And truly our fellowship is with the Father and with the Son, Jesus Christ. You were created for worship, for fellowship. The worst thing you can do to a man apart from killing him is to put him in prison. This is because the prison system incarcerates you. It cuts you off from fellowship.

When you come to church, be very sensitive with the things you say to people. At times, when people come to church, they want to hear the right things, they want to feel a right way. Don’t be a source of polluting that fellowship. At times just one hug can make them feel better. Ask them how they are doing. Compliment them. Ask them about their needs. Be concerned about them.

*PRAYER*
Father, help me to spend time in fellowship with you all the days of my life. Amen!

*DECLARATION*
I declare that I dwell in secret place of the Most High and I am covered round and about by his Mighty hand, I abide in the sweet presence of the Holy Spirit, and I enjoy continuous fellowship with Him!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. / Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes / How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 336
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.