Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,966 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1011512 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Stivinmesi: 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2022
This is quite confusing �. Is it the date I paid for my Visa and IHS that the ECO will use or the date I uploaded my documents and submit?
Gloriyah:

Hmmm. The rate at the time you submit your application is what the ECO will use in calculating your POF. How much is needed to balance up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

The day you pay for your visa and IHS, is your application date and that is what the ECO will refer to

Biometrics is your day to provide additional documents to back your application

Cheers
Stivinmesi:
This is quite confusing �. Is it the date I paid for my Visa and IHS that the ECO will use or the date I uploaded my documents and submit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

Either should be fine

Preferably PDF

Cheers

Ifelajulo:
Good afternoon house, I am filling the VISA form, the documents that I am to scan and upload, i.e marriage certificate and others, will it be SCAN in PDF format or JPG format?

E Jo e dakun.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

Not at all, it clearly states your partner can sponsor you

She shouldn't be worried

Cheers
Teebaa:

Thanks for touching on this duchess.

I have a similar case, I'm the dependent for my wife as a MA.
The POF is in my name and we share the same surname with all documents to verify we are married.
However my wife has been watching too much of YouTube videos and convinicing me that it's best for it to be in MA account.
I've shown her I can be a sponsor as seen on gov UK website but she is still scared
I'm a week into my pof counting already
Do you see any problem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

Please submit a hard copy at TLS if that's where your dependant funds are.

You might want to write a letter saying this was omitted at the application stage and refer the ECO to the statement submitted with account no xxxz for the dependant

Cheers
gergemam:

Alright, Thanks for clarification

The main issue is that I didn't include the account where my dependent POF is during my application and I didn't upload it, but I am planning to submit the hard copy at TLS.

This is because both of US has already chosen the same date for Bio
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Stivinmesi: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2022
Thank you . My POF at the time of application (Visa and IHS payment was 6Million and I set aside 6.34 Million for POP. I have uploaded my documents though but I am yet to submit only to check Oanda today and I saw 6.313Mill meanwhile my Biometric is on Friday next week

I am safe according to your explanation. @dduchess90
dduchess90:
Hello

The day you pay for your visa and IHS, is your application date and that is what the ECO will refer to

Biometrics is your day to provide additional documents to back your application

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gergemam: 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Please submit a hard copy at TLS if that's where your dependant funds are.

You might want to write a letter saying this was omitted at the application stage and refer the ECO to the statement submitted with account no xxxz for the dependant

Cheers

Thanks Thanks... You the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:42pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

Please renew it

You may not get a biometric date between 2nd -3rd

Cheers
Haykaybecks:

Thanks for the response.

Am planning to do my visa application BTW 30 Nov and Dec 2. So that's why am asking please

But the TB certificate will expire 4th of December.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

That will be the kind thing to do and I hope they allow the OP

Cheers
SamAfrik:
Thanks for the comment Duchess but my experience is quite different.
You will not pay for walk-in as long as you are booked same day. I did early this week for family of four. You will all go inside same time i.e. 12noon in your case (the person whose time is the earliest). All the application will be done same time. The main applicant will have to go to each section with all the applications while the remaining members of your team chill and keep a close watch on you. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

You can't just top up your POF halfway, it has to be the stipulated amount all through

I agree with @Teeentertainer.. you will need to pay more deposit to your Uni and request an updated CAS so it balances out

Cheers
timestwo:
My POF is still about 50k ahead of the inflation closing in. But I am just about to get my CAS and will likely submit my application next week.
I started counting my POF in the first week of October.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

The OP will need to choose between paying more deposit or increasing his POF and recounting

He can't just add and print if the inflation affects his POF, he is just about to get his CAS, if it rate drops better if not then paying more on his tuition is the way to go

Cheers
Gloriyah:

You added 1.5m to what you needed as POF right, and now due to fluctuations in rate, you’re just 50k ahead. I don’t see the issue. Just add some cash to what you have and print.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2022
Stivinmesi:
This is quite confusing �. Is it the date I paid for my Visa and IHS[color=#000000][/color] that the ECO will use or the date I uploaded my documents and submit?

Yes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ifelajulo: 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2022
Please at what stage will I upload my documents, I am now at TLS page and I can't see where I will upload my documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

You need to book an appointment first

If you go for the self service then you will be able to upload it after confirming the date ,if assisted then you have to take your documents to TLS

Cheers
Ifelajulo:
Please at what stage will I upload my documents, I am now at TLS page and I can't see where I will upload my documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by timestwo: 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2022
Brilliant!!! Thank you for this extra-ordinary thought

Teeenterprise:
Since your CAS is not out. I’d advice you pay extra £500 - £1000 in addition to your deposit.
You can use your schools card payment portal and use a uk card to update payment.

Send the notification to your school and your CAS would be updated.
That way the required amount to show in POF would reduce to match what you currently have.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by eboniee024rill(f): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

1. Divorce documents stating child arrangements (including sole custody if that's the case)
2. If not sole custody then perhaps letter of consent from their father plus relevant ID

3. Prove of relationship (birth certificate),pictures etc some may include letter from kids school and hospital

4. Her documents (if she goes first)

To your specific questions

1. Yes with letter of consent from her saying he is bringing them, attach relevant ID
2. No, most not all sole custodies usually come with visiting rights for the father.Her letter of consent should explain who she is, who he is, why she can't bring them herself and consent that she is happy for him to bring them, think of it from an angle of safety and trust

If it gets too complicated please talk to a proper lawyer

Cheers
Thanks so much. I appreciate the response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2022
Ifelajulo:
Good afternoon house, I am filling the VISA form, the documents that I am to scan and upload, i.e marriage certificate and others, will it be SCAN in PDF format or JPG format?

E Jo e dakun.

All documents to upload should be in PDF.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

The OP will need to choose between paying more deposit or increasing his POF and recounting

He can't just add and print if the inflation affects his POF, he is just about to get his CAS, if it rate drops better if not then paying more on his tuition is the way to go

Cheers

Alright, I guess I’m the one confused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2022
Teeenterprise:
It would.
Let’s assume she is required to show 17500 in account if she pays 500 extra to school, her CAS is updated to reflect she now needs to show only 17000.

Before top up: 17500 times 525 is 9,187,000
After top up to school: 17000 times 525 is 8,925,000

Let’s assume Amount in POF account currently is 9,170,000, with the new 17k requirement, her balance is now more than sufficient.

It’s better to go and source for the extra £500 at black market than have a visa refusal and go through this process again.

One would lose more.

Outsourcing the funds…Makes sense.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by timestwo: 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2022
I agree. I would much rather buy black market and pay more tuition than risk a NSF application. Thanks for the wisdom again.

Teeenterprise:
It would.
Let’s assume she is required to show 17500 in account, if she pays 500 extra to school, her CAS is updated to reflect she now needs to show only 17000.

Before top up: 17500 times 525 is 9,187,000
After top up to school: 17000 times 525 is 8,925,000

Let’s assume Amount in POF account currently is 9,170,000, with the new 17k requirement, her balance is now more than sufficient.

It’s better to go and source for the extra £500 at black market than have a visa refusal and go through this process again.

One would lose more.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by koonleh: 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2022
Pls I paid for flexi for family of 3 , but time was not selected, only the date. Can I work in anytime on selected date or I need to look for the time.

Thank u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by eboniee024rill(f): 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2022
Pls the address on my TbTest booking is different from the one on my admissions letter and the Bank that I intend to use for POF, pls I would like to ask if it wouldn't have any implication (s). Thanks all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Haykaybecks: 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2022
Gloriyah:

It’s too close, you will need to do another test.

OK, Thank you Gloriyah.

Can i do the TB test and receive results same day please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Oluwatomisin90: 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2022
@Gloriyah
@dduchess90
@justwise
Thank you all for taking your time to attend to our questions.
Please from all I have read and I understand on this platform a dependant must join more than six months to the MA course end date to be able to pay for Ihs and prove her right to work. My husband resumed Sept 2022. Our calculation is that by March, 2023 we should have applied for our visa. But my sister who is in UK is telling us otherwise that we can apply by june/July. Please help me on this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Haykaybecks: 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Please renew it

You may not get a biometric date between 2nd -3rd

Cheers

OK. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bhee20(f): 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hi house,

Please do I need to print out the extra tls payment mail confirming I paid for priority or they already have that detail in their system.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyliga112: 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2022
Haykaybecks:

OK, Thank you Gloriyah.

Can i do the TB test and receive results same day please?
Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Samcathe: 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2022
Is it logical to maybe remove 3 months maintenance fund while applying for dependents from POF for some one who has been in UK for more than 3 months?

I mean will it work?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Boss0003680501(m): 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2022
Duchess
Justwise
Gloriyah
And other gurus in the house…

I have 12m initially as our pof for family of two, with a school fee balance of 10,950, i got my CAS yesterday and my pof is already on 20th day today, initially i brought my queries on here before but I was advised to make our pof 14m and start to recount for another 28 days…

1, So my question is this, can i as the MA apply for my visa with the initial 12m pof then when the new deposit added to the pof matures my wife can now go ahead and apply for her own visa?

2, I hope the 12m pof will cover my own application, and hope the extra deposit of 2.5m will not affect the initial 12m deposited before ? (Base on lump sum deposited).

3, And on the completion of the new 28 days can my wife now use the new balance of 14.5m to apply for her own visa without any issue ?

Thank you as i await your replies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jvas: 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2022
Happy weekend all. Thanks Always for all your efforts here.
Please can some with postgraduate diploma in uk be given 2 years postgraduate visa too?. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babajide107: 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2022
Please auz which center in Lagos can I do walk-in with ease.I need to get a very quick date for biometric and I don’t know which one and process for walkin.abeg anyone dat can explain.can I go anytime of the day cos I’m coming from Ibadan

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.