Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (996385 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:52am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

No Uni will issue a CAS before deposit

Deposit is what secures your place firmly in the Uni. When you get to the stage of the deposit you must have in most cases met other conditions.

At that point the main reason for a refund will be if there are no spaces for your course in that session

Anyway, back to your question, none unfortunately

Cheers

phlakkeys:

Please, did you pay deposit before CAS?

@all the gurus in the house, please is it possible to see a school that will give CAS before paying deposit?
I really don't want to go through all these refund wahala.
I've tried to search but yet to see anyone.
I need people with experience to share please.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:56am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

You don't need to write a cover letter to explain the lump sum.However, I will advise you keep the evidence of your transactions handy just incase

I won't be too concerned, carry on with your transactions as normal please

Cheers
Omonas035:

The visa category is student visa. The account holding my POF (complete) is a busy one. I transact on it all the time.

Since I also use it to receive money which can be up to 1m at one deposit, could it be considered as lump sum? Remember my POF is complete and it is not adding to my POF.

AND if the said amount is considered as lump sum, would I need to write a cover letter explaining what's it's meant for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sunexy(m): 9:03am On Nov 19, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Yes,and that's enough reason for refusal that's why you need to give room for fluctuation and keep an eye on the exchange rates on Oanda

The POF conversion rate used is when you apply for your visa not CAS

Cheers

Just wanted to clarify...thanks alot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Horluphysiryor(m): 9:07am On Nov 19, 2022
Please help us on this @ aunty dduchess90
Horluphysiryor:
Good morning house
Please who knows any school that is open for May admission?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jorez: 9:08am On Nov 19, 2022
University of Aberdeen does not require deposit before CAS got my CAS without any deposits just you have to make payment before enrollment deadline
dduchess90:
Hello

No Uni will issue a CAS before deposit

Deposit is what secures your place firmly in the Uni. When you get to the stage of the deposit you must have in most cases met other conditions.

At that point the main reason for a refund will be if there are no spaces for your course in that session

Anyway, back to your question, none unfortunately

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jayl1: 9:08am On Nov 19, 2022
Good morning everyone,
Can paid calls or mails be made or sent on weekends?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by akpomeimei: 9:31am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello everyone....

Does anyone know of any university still accepting applications for January intake.

My background is in engineering and I would like to study something in the line of Artificial intelligence, Machine learning or Fintech.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Haykaybecks: 9:38am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello dduchess90,

Can i use my TB certificate that will expire on 4th of December for visa application please. Am for January intake thou
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gergemam: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2022
@dduchess90
and Everyone.

When applying for my dependent that when I realize I should have added his POF which is my other account where I have his own POF, but the account is in my name. Also, I used a different account for my CAS and Application.

QUESTION:
1. Please, how can I go about adding his POF?
2. Can I submit his POF with my documents at TLS because I already uploaded and submitted my application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Oluwatomisin90: 9:47am On Nov 19, 2022
Good morning all. Please help on how to calculate pof for 2 dependant joining the main applicant in uk. We want the pof in the MA account. Are we to remove the school fee he has paid and upkeep for the months he has spent from his own and add for the 2 dependant. Or it has to be the total of upkeep plus sch fee.
Also, during visa application are we to attach evidence of the sch fee and upkeep that has been paid or deducted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Armakah: 10:35am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello Duchess,

As regards to this, please when is considered your Visa application date? Is it the date you submitted and paid your visa fees or your biometrics appointment date? I am asking because I paid my visa fees on 14th Nov and my POF was still within the range but as from 16th NOV my POF fell below as a result of the fluctuations and I am to attend my biometrics on 21st NOV (assisted service). I paid an additional fee towards my tuition on 15th Nov which was updated on my CAS on 16th Nov so calculating with the current remaining tuition balance and living expenses, the amount on my POF is still enough. Is there any reason to be worried? quote author=dduchess90 post=118511024]Hello

Yes,and that's enough reason for refusal that's why you need to give room for fluctuation and keep an eye on the exchange rates on Oanda

Cheers

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Oluwatomisin90: 10:50am On Nov 19, 2022
@gloriyah
@dduchess90
Please, for a student dependant that the main applicant is in the uk already. On IHS calculator am I to put the visa end date or course end date. Thanks. Both are giving me different results.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibodlauren01: 10:54am On Nov 19, 2022
shuqroh:
Visa Alert!!!!!!!
Alhamdulilah Robil Alameen
CAS : Nov 1st
Visa Application: 5th Nov
Biometrics: 11th Nov (Standard)
TLC : Ikeja
BRP Mail: 16th Nov
Collection Mail: 17th Nov
Pick up: 18th Nov
Vignette sitting pretty grin

Long story but try and read grin grin

This journey started early this year
Applied to University of Bedfordshire for Sept intake. Conditional offer was given, Paid 75% of Tuition. At the time of Credibility Interview, was denied CAS...Why? beacause I had a recent refusal this year.

Ok All hope wasnt lost...I requested for refund.
A week
2,3,4 weeks went by ... still couldn't get the refund after sending lots of mail... funniest part was, they didnt respond to any of the mail. embarassed
Applied to LJMU and Greenwich University for Jan intake since i couldnt meet up with sept anymore.

Received Conditional from LJMU and Unconditional offer from Greenwich grin . Went with LJMU though.
I needed to make deposit of £4k, Bedfordshire still hasnt refunded the money..... My hubby Went online and saw a petition againt Bedfordshire where they didnt refund an Applicants money over 4-6months I think, Untill the petition.
I was like haa Morire grin grin

I sent another mail to the school, searched for the school's admissions team email, the departments, every email i could find from their site and cc: all.
Telling them I will also raise a petition or do worse if my money wasnt refunded asap.

Within 24hrs, they responded that that they are processing it and will take 2-6weeks to receive it.

Oh my God cry
Within a week I received the refund grin...All thanks to God
Bedfordshire chapter closed.

Paid initial deposit , got unconditional offer from LJMU.
Then CAS...Applied for Visa, on biometrics day I missed my appointment, had to reschedule and booked Flexi for the next day.

I was actually scared the school or the ECO might reject my application again because I had 5 refusals...But, a guy testimony here on nairaland gave me of hope and courage .
Finally.....It ended in praise

Declared all refusals
Canada study visa 2x
Usa visit
Australia
Sweden

Documents submitted:
Waec
Degree Certificate
Nysc
Recommendation letters
Unconditional offer
Cas
Previous travel history on expired passport within 10yrs
Certificate related to my course
Pof
Scholarship letter
Employment letter
Work I.d card
Transcript
Hotel reservation
Tb report
IHS and Visa receipt

Infact I uploaded enough document.... grin

Thank you Nairalanders...You guys are awesome n God bless you for helping a lot of people here.

Thank you for sticking by and reading till the end.
I got mine...You shall get yours too by Gods grace

See you in Youkay smiley smiley

Amen congratulations to you

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 10:58am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

Course end date please

Cheers
Oluwatomisin90:
@gloriyah
@dduchess90
Please, for a student dependant that the main applicant is in the uk already. On IHS calculator am I to put the visa end date or course end date. Thanks. Both are giving me different results.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyliga112: 11:00am On Nov 19, 2022
@gloriyah
@dduchess90,please I wanted to ask and need your reply,Monday is me Nd my family Biometrics date,My wife thr Ma and my son time is 12,My own time is 12 30c,My second child time is 1.00 .so I wanted to ask can we all go in together by 12??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:00am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

You application date is when you submitted and paid visa fees

With what you have stated here you are good to go

Cheers
Armakah:
Hello Duchess,

As regards to this, please when is considered your Visa application date? Is it the date you submitted and paid your visa fees or your biometrics appointment date? I am asking because I paid my visa fees on 14th Nov and my POF was still within the range but as from 16th NOV my POF fell below as a result of the fluctuations and I am to attend my biometrics on 21st NOV (assisted service). I paid an additional fee towards my tuition on 15th Nov which was updated on my CAS on 16th Nov so calculating with the current remaining tuition balance and living expenses, the amount on my POF is still enough. Is there any reason to be worried? quote author=dduchess90 post=118511024]Hello

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:02am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

Yes but they may insists on paying flexi
( walk in) for the appointment time for 12:30 and 1pm

Try and see if they will allow you in without that, hopefully they are kind enough to do so

Cheers

Kennyliga112:
@gloriyah
@dduchess90,please I wanted to ask and need your reply,Monday is me Nd my family Biometrics date,My wife thr Ma and my son time is 12,My own time is 12 30c,My second child time is 1.00 .so I wanted to ask can we all go in together by 12??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:02am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

When is your biometrics?

Cheers
Haykaybecks:
Hello dduchess90,

Can i use my TB certificate that will expire on 4th of December for visa application please. Am for January intake thou
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibodlauren01: 11:04am On Nov 19, 2022
Focus99:
There deposit is too much £5000

Most institutions in UK are increasing their deposit fee, some want 50% of the tuition, this is because most student admitted find it difficult to enroll due to not paying the 50% tuition fee .. with £5000 in Lincoln you will be allowed to enroll after the payment ...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Temix(m): 11:05am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello people,
Please I am completing the Visa Application online I am a bit confused about one question.
The question is I already filled a part about my Spouse/partners details

Then the next question is dependant details (those that are financially dependant on you), I filled my 2 kids details here but u want to know if I should fill my wife's details there again?? The information required is basically the same thing I have inputted under my spouses details

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:08am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

If you decide to use the MAs account then the POF for dependant is added to whatever is left of the MAs account(remember to start your count appropriately)

The MA should be able to provide if and when requested by the ECO necessary documents to show how his maintenance (fees and upkeep so far) has been spent.
There's no need to add or remove,it should be there already

I would prefer the POF in the Dependant's account to keep things simple and clear,then evidence of whatever is in the MAs account and relevant receipts for bills paid can be provided if requested by the ECO to check that the POF is not recycled

During the Dependant's application you don't need to attach the fees paid please. Focus on the application as a Dependant and proving your relationship (whether partner or child)

Cheers

Oluwatomisin90:
Good morning all. Please help on how to calculate pof for 2 dependant joining the main applicant in uk. We want the pof in the MA account. Are we to remove the school fee he has paid and upkeep for the months he has spent from his own and add for the 2 dependant. Or it has to be the total of upkeep plus sch fee.
Also, during visa application are we to attach evidence of the sch fee and upkeep that has been paid or deducted.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibodlauren01: 11:09am On Nov 19, 2022
Omonas035:

What is your intake? January 2023 or September 2023.

I have received unconditional letter for University of Lincoln and it is boldly stated there that I have been discounted £5,000.

My tuition is £16,200. Less £5,000 discount brings my remaining balance to £11,200

It is fine if you can meet up with the payment and for now Lincoln haven't start issuing CAS yet. But if you will be going for September the payment will increased by £1100 and you will be ask to pay £5000 deposit but for January intake it is £3000.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:11am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

If your wife is financially dependent on you then you can include her name.if not then just your kids

Cheers
Temix:
Hello people,
Please I am completing the Visa Application online I am a bit confused about one question.
The question is I already filled a part about my Spouse/partners details

Then the next question is dependant details (those that are financially dependant on you), I filled my 2 kids details here but u want to know if I should fill my wife's details there again?? The information required is basically the same thing I have inputted under my spouses details
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:15am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

You can have the dependant POF in his account. There is no rule to say it should be in the MAs

If the dependant POF is in a separate account that is in your name, you have to provide a separate letter of consent confirming they have access to it

To answer you question

1. If you add it ,you have to restart the count (minimum 28days) for your dependant

2. Yes plus for dependant it is usually to prove their relationship with the MA

Cheers
gergemam:
@dduchess90
and Everyone.

When applying for my dependent that when I realize I should have added his POF which is my other account where I have his own POF, but the account is in my name. Also, I used a different account for my CAS and Application.

QUESTION:
1. Please, how can I go about adding his POF?
2. Can I submit his POF with my documents at TLS because I already uploaded and submitted my application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Temix(m): 11:16am On Nov 19, 2022
OK Thank You Duchess, just to clarify, Financially dependant also means the POF which is my account would cover her right? Because this is the reason i am a bit confused, since her maintenance funds would be in my account.

dduchess90:
Hello

If your wife is financially dependent on you then you can include her name.if not then just your kids

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:16am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

Paid calls No

Paid mails anytime

Cheers
jayl1:
Good morning everyone,
Can paid calls or mails be made or sent on weekends?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:17am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

Financially dependant means their day to day finances depend on you

It doesn't relate to POFs although everyone assumes so

Either way you go should be fine, don't worry too much

Cheers

Temix:
OK Thank You Duchess, just to clarify, Financially dependant also means the POF which is my account would cover her right? Because this is the reason i am a bit confused, since her maintenance funds would be in my account.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by koonleh: 11:18am On Nov 19, 2022
eboniee024rill:
Pls I have a friend who is divorced n wants to go with her two kids alone. Please what are the documents she will be required to submit on behalf of the kids?

2. Can her ex who is a US citizen be allowed to bring those kids in after she might have resumed over there?

3. Wouldn't the sole custody order (if submitted ) have implication on the ability of the father to bring the kids in (if she claimed sole custody)?

Pls any answers to this,
Thank u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ibodlauren01: 11:22am On Nov 19, 2022
phlakkeys:

Please, did you pay deposit before CAS?

@all the gurus in the house, please is it possible to see a school that will give CAS before paying deposit?
I really don't want to go through all these refund wahala.
I've tried to search but yet to see anyone.
I need people with experience to share please.
Thank you.

I haven't heard of any school who give CAS before deposit.
School don't just refuse CAS without any reason. All you need to do is to package your required documents well, apply for a course related and a good SOP with that I think you will be fine..... Cheers

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 11:39am On Nov 19, 2022
Hello

1. Divorce documents stating child arrangements (including sole custody if that's the case)
2. If not sole custody then perhaps letter of consent from their father plus relevant ID

3. Prove of relationship (birth certificate),pictures etc some may include letter from kids school and hospital

4. Her documents (if she goes first)

To your specific questions

1. Yes with letter of consent from her saying he is bringing them, attach relevant ID
2. No, most not all sole custodies usually come with visiting rights for the father.Her letter of consent should explain who she is, who he is, why she can't bring them herself and consent that she is happy for him to bring them, think of it from an angle of safety and trust

If it gets too complicated please talk to a proper lawyer

Cheers
eboniee024rill:
Pls I have a friend who is divorced n wants to go with her two kids alone. Please what are the documents she will be required to submit on behalf of the kids?

2. Can her ex who is a US citizen be allowed to bring those kids in after she might have resumed over there?

3. Wouldn't the sole custody order (if submitted) have implication on the ability of the father to bring the kids in (if she claimed sole custody)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kennyliga112: 11:44am On Nov 19, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Yes but they may insists on paying flexi
( walk in) for the appointment time for 12:30 and 1pm

Try and see if they will allow you in without that, hopefully they are kind enough to do so

Cheers

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by koonleh: 11:46am On Nov 19, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

1. Divorce documents stating child arrangements (including sole custody if that's the case)
2. If not sole custody then perhaps letter of consent from their father plus relevant ID

3. Prove of relationship (birth certificate),pictures etc some may include letter from kids school and hospital

4. Her documents (if she goes first)

To your specific questions

1. Yes with letter of consent from her saying he is bringing them, attach relevant ID
2. No, most not all sole custodies usually come with visiting rights for the father.Her letter of consent should explain who she is, who he is, why she can't bring them herself and consent that she is happy for him to bring them, think of it from an angle of safety and trust

If it gets too complicated please talk to a proper lawyer

Cheers

I really appreciate you. God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (1029)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.