Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (507) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1010294 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teebaa: 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

If you decide to use the MAs account then the POF for dependant is added to whatever is left of the MAs account(remember to start your count appropriately)

The MA should be able to provide if and when requested by the ECO necessary documents to show how his maintenance (fees and upkeep so far) has been spent.
There's no need to add or remove,it should be there already

I would prefer the POF in the Dependant's account to keep things simple and clear,then evidence of whatever is in the MAs account and relevant receipts for bills paid can be provided if requested by the ECO to check that the POF is not recycled

During the Dependant's application you don't need to attach the fees paid please. Focus on the application as a Dependant and proving your relationship (whether partner or child)

Cheers

Thanks for touching on this duchess.

I have a similar case, I'm the dependent for my wife as a MA.
The POF is in my name and we share the same surname with all documents to verify we are married.
However my wife has been watching too much of YouTube videos and convinicing me that it's best for it to be in MA account.
I've shown her I can be a sponsor as seen on gov UK website but she is still scared
I'm a week into my pof counting already
Do you see any problem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gergemam: 12:12pm On Nov 19, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

You can have the dependant POF in his account. There is no rule to say it should be in the MAs

If the dependant POF is in a separate account that is in your name, you have to provide a separate letter of consent confirming they have access to it

To answer you question

1. If you add it ,you have to restart the count (minimum 28days) for your dependant

2. Yes plus for dependant it is usually to prove their relationship with the MA

Cheers

Alright, Thanks for clarification

The main issue is that I didn't include the account where my dependent POF is during my application and I didn't upload it, but I am planning to submit the hard copy at TLS.

This is because both of US has already chosen the same date for Bio
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by twinz(m): 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hello once again house,

Thank you for the previous help rendered. I need some assistance once again. Please can someone help me with samples of a consent letter for POF for a dependent and an introductory letter from the HR of an organization. Thank you in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by timestwo: 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2022
@dduchess90 @justwise @gloriyah

When I did my POF, i added 1.5M for inflation and when I printed for CAS it was still within range.

Now I'm about to apply for Visa but the inflation has swallowed the extra 1.5M i added Please what do you suggest that i do?

I need expert opinions, and suggestions please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Haykaybecks: 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

When is your biometrics?

Cheers

Thanks for the response.

Am planning to do my visa application BTW 30 Nov and Dec 2. So that's why am asking please

But the TB certificate will expire 4th of December.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SamAfrik(m): 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2022
Thanks for the comment Duchess but my experience is quite different.
You will not pay for walk-in as long as you are booked same day. I did early this week for family of four. You will all go inside same time i.e. 12noon in your case (the person whose time is the earliest). All the application will be done same time. The main applicant will have to go to each section with all the applications while the remaining members of your team chill and keep a close watch on you. All the best.
dduchess90:
Hello

Yes but they may insists on paying flexi
( walk in) for the appointment time for 12:30 and 1pm

Try and see if they will allow you in without that, hopefully they are kind enough to do so

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SamAfrik(m): 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hi, please they will allow you to go inside same time without extra charge. You all go in at 12noon.
Kennyliga112:
@gloriyah
@dduchess90,please I wanted to ask and need your reply,Monday is me Nd my family Biometrics date,My wife thr Ma and my son time is 12,My own time is 12 30c,My second child time is 1.00 .so I wanted to ask can we all go in together by 12??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Elolam87(m): 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2022
Good afternoon .Pls my passport expires in June 2023.I am about to recieve CAS and apply for visa .Will this passport be an issue as I cannot renew for now? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
Kennyliga112:
@gloriyah
@dduchess90,please I wanted to ask and need your reply,Monday is me Nd my family Biometrics date,My wife thr Ma and my son time is 12,My own time is 12 30c,My second child time is 1.00 .so I wanted to ask can we all go in together by 12??

You can speak to the person in charge, they might allow everyone in at 12.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2022
timestwo:
@dduchess90 @justwise @gloriyah

When I did my POF, i added 1.5M for inflation and when I printed for CAS it was still within range.

Now I'm about to apply for Visa but the inflation has swallowed the extra 1.5M i added Please what do you suggest that i do?

I need expert opinions, and suggestions please.
Hmmm. The rate at the time you submit your application is what the ECO will use in calculating your POF. How much is needed to balance up

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2022
Elolam87:
Good afternoon .Pls my passport expires in June 2023.I am about to recieve CAS and apply for visa .Will this passport be an issue as I cannot renew for now? Thanks

No, you can use it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2022
Haykaybecks:

Thanks for the response.

Am planning to do my visa application BTW 30 Nov and Dec 2. So that's why am asking please

But the TB certificate will expire 4th of December.

Thank you.

It’s too close, you will need to do another test.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Elolam87(m): 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2022
Thank you so much, you calmed my fears!
Gloriyah:

No, you can use it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by timestwo: 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2022
My POF is still about 50k ahead of the inflation closing in. But I am just about to get my CAS and will likely submit my application next week.
I started counting my POF in the first week of October.

Gloriyah:

Hmmm. The rate at the time you submitted your application is what the ECO will use in calculating your POF. How much is needed to balance up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2022
twinz:
Hello once again house,

Thank you for the previous help rendered. I need some assistance once again. Please can someone help me with samples of a consent letter for POF for a dependent and an introductory letter from the HR of an organization. Thank you in advance.

POF consent letter

Address

Dear Sir/Madam,

Letter of Consent

Kindly accept this letter as a formal confirmation that Mr ...... is my beloved husband/wife/child... He/she will be travelling with me to the UK and we will be living together throughout our stay in the UK.

I have given him/her the full consent to submit my bank statement as evidence of proof of sufficient funds available to us and for the purpose of this visa application. Kindly give him/her all the necessary assistance he might require to obtain a visa please.

If you have any questions or need any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me on my direct mobile line +..........

Kind Regards,
Signature and name

Introduction letter sample

Introduction letter for MR PINENAPLE

I write on behalf of the above-mentioned person, who is a member of staff of our Company, ABCDEFHJK in Lagos, Nigeria.
He joined the company in July 2030 as a Senior Planning Officer and holds the above position till date. I request that you please provide Mr. pineapple with all the necessary assistance.
I would be glad to provide any additional information your office might require.

Thank You for Your Cooperation….bla bla bla…

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2022
timestwo:
My POF is still about 50k ahead of the inflation closing in. But I am just about to get my CAS and will likely submit my application next week.

Since its still a bit above the current rate, add a bit of cash(100/150k),just incase.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Elolam87(m): 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2022
Okay, Pls,Do they make decision on opening or closing balance of the bank statement?
Gloriyah:

Since its still a bit above the current rate, add a bit of cash(100/150k),just incase.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by timestwo: 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2022
Would I need to print a different statement of account from the one I used for CAS last week?
I hope that won't mean breaking the "holding cash for 28 days rule"

Thanks for reasoning this issue with me.

Gloriyah:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2022
timestwo:
Would I need to print a different statement of account from the one I used for CAS last week?
I hope that won't mean breaking the "holding cash for 28 days rule”

Thanks for reasoning this issue with me.

Yes you can print another statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2022
Elolam87:
Okay, Pls,Do they make decision on opening or closing balance of the bank statement?

Your opening/closing balance should have the exact funds you need when converted to GBP.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ifelajulo: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2022
Good afternoon, please fora dependent visa documents, will the scanning be in PDF or JPG format
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by timestwo: 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2022
In my case my opening balance will be lower that what's needed but closing balance will suffice. May God will help me with this inflation and just drop it a little bit.
Gloriyah:

Yes you can print another statement.

Gloriyah:

Your opening/closing balance should have the exact funds you need when converted to GBP.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Chidinwa(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2022
Sorry .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teeenterprise: 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2022
Since your CAS is not out. I’d advice you pay extra £500 - £1000 in addition to your deposit.
You can use your schools card payment portal and use a uk card to update payment.

Send the notification to your school and your CAS would be updated.
That way the required amount to show in POF would reduce to match what you currently have.

timestwo:

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2022
timestwo:
In my case my opening balance will be lower that what's needed but closing balance will suffice. May God will help me with this inflation and just drop it a little bit.

You added 1.5m to what you needed as POF right, and now due to fluctuations in rate, you’re just 50k ahead. I don’t see the issue. Just add some cash to what you have and print.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2022
Teeenterprise:
Since your CAS is not out. I’d advice you pay extra £500 - £1000 in addition to your deposit.
You can use your schools card payment portal and use a uk card to update payment.

Send the notification to your school and your CAS would be updated.
That way the required amount to show in POF would reduce to match what you currently have.

It won’t help cause he would pay the £500/1000 at black market rate. Oanda rate used for POF is way lower than black market rate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mindlog: 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2022
Chidinwa:
Hello everyone. Please any single female here who was disappointed by the form A ish and still willing to travel this year?
I am going in for undergrad degree, and have made all my deposit of £4k and all (London Uni). If you wanna come in as a dependant, feel free to contact me. Terms and condition applies tho.
First off, must be female and single. Only one person needed of course. You know what to gain from this offer of course.

As an undergraduate, you are not eligible to apply for a dependant.....only for postgraduate students.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teeenterprise: 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
It would.
Let’s assume she is required to show 17500 in account, if she pays 500 extra to school, her CAS is updated to reflect she now needs to show only 17000.

Before top up: 17500 times 525 is 9,187,000
After top up to school: 17000 times 525 is 8,925,000

Let’s assume Amount in POF account currently is 9,170,000, with the new 17k requirement, her balance is now more than sufficient.

It’s better to go and source for the extra £500 at black market than have a visa refusal and go through this process again.

One would lose more.

Gloriyah:

It won’t help cause he would pay the £500/1000 at black market rate. Oanda rate used for POF is way lower than black market rate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ifelajulo: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2022
Good afternoon house, I am filling the VISA form, the documents that I am to scan and upload, i.e marriage certificate and others, will it be SCAN in PDF format or JPG format?

E Jo e dakun.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teeenterprise: 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2022
Poster at the end of the day, this is your decision to make.
Your CAS is not yet out.. you have enough time to send successful card payment to your school and have it reflected on your CAS.

Teeenterprise:
It would.
Let’s assume she is required to show 17500 in account, if she pays 500 extra to school, her CAS is updated to reflect she now needs to show only 17000.

Before top up: 17500 times 525 is 9,187,000
After top up to school: 17000 times 525 is 8,925,000

Let’s assume Amount in POF account currently is 9,170,000, with the new 17k requirement, her balance is now more than sufficient.

It’s better to go and source for the extra £500 at black market than have a visa refusal and go through this process again.

One would lose more.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kingben9: 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2022
Good afternoon all,Please my school intuition is 15,500 pounds, deposit 3,500 pounds,is 12m ok for POF?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Elolam87(m): 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2022
Okay
Gloriyah:

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (1029)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.