Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? (14957 Views)

Do You Fake Been A Christian An An Atheist In Nigeria? / Did You Become An Atheist In 2018? / Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by CaveAdullam: 10:22am On Aug 14, 2022
1. If atheists fake being religious, it is same camouflaging game religious leaders and followers play. Atheists fake their original stance to save their heads in a world filled with billions of humans who can't reason with their brains. While the religious pretend to be so to fulfill their billion and one selfish gains - "God bless me" is the root and entirety of their faith.

2. Once you declare against the religious faith, you are deemed stupid, rebellious, and not mature enough, however, this is the truth about religious people.

3. What about religious confirmation bias - a coincidence that gave rise to their testimonies; time and chance which favored them and they attribute it to their prayers and fasting? Even reason cannot help where confirmation bias is glaring. Reason is conflict and self-injury. Better to remain in the religious hole than jettison cherished ideas and beliefs.

4. Notwithstanding, aside from taking religious tales and fables literally, if all can open their minds to the significance behind religious metaphors and allegories, we will find out that religion is "the opium of the masses". The lessons encapsulated in religious texts and the idea/concept of God are a true and solid pillar holding the human civilization. Remove these from the human equation, and watch the world crumble in 60minutes.

Thanks.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by NapoleonHill: 10:22am On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
Most atheists are never bold to come out, just some online gragra but in reality they hide their heads in shame which brings me to ask why would a sane person practice what he/she isn’t proud of?

The way and reason why some christians hide their heads in Muslim countries is the same reason atheists hide theirs from christians and muslims in Nigeria. Even traditionalist are not free to practice their religion without being branded.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Jalaw: 10:22am On Aug 14, 2022
Girl you're not "White" you're a "Negro"
Stop forming "Woke"
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by dazzlingd(m): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:
every theist that has heard the arguments of an atheist and still is a theist is unreasonable. can you tell me the reasonable reason why you believe in god?

Aswear cheesy grin
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 10:24am On Aug 14, 2022
Angelfrost:
What's the point of pretending?!! No one will kill you for being an Atheist.

Just avoid the need to make light of others who choose to be Theists.

Even among THEISTS, they kill themselves.
Didn’t they kill a woman in kano because she was a “CHRISTIAN”?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 14, 2022
pweeryambre:

You want the public to Lynch them!
That’s like living in denial, most atheists do attend Sunday service to save face. I bet even the owner of this forum has a front sit in redeem where his parents worship.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Templee333(m): 10:25am On Aug 14, 2022
Some christians lost their believe after reading the bible.Some atheists become christians after reading the bible. Now if the former were not REAL christians,is it not wise to say that the later were not REAL ATHEIST?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Honchoslim16(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2022
Stand on what you believe in.

I'm from a strict Christian home... But when I got to a certain age, i knew Christianity wasn't my way.
I made sure everyone around me got aware of that.

I'm a follower of the yoruba religion and I'm proud of it.
Anyone is free to think whatever he /she thinks about me.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by dazzlingd(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
She has a point. undecided
If you are confident in your belief that there is no god, then why hide? undecided

It isn't just ok to simply attach a label to oneself. If you are truly an atheist at heart, confidence will flow from this belief of yours. It is the same with everything else. undecided

So u can behead her in public.
When you are living among people of low mentality, you try to adjust.

Different ages in history have had stupid beliefs and traditions, and when one thinks differently, he wilbe hated and will even have his life in danger.

Example is Galileo that said the earth moves round the sun while the church and the world held a contrary wrong belief that the sun moved round the earth. Many early scientists were in danger and some lost their lives for what they knew.

There was an age when human sacrifice was a thing of common and how dare you challenge them that human sacrifice was wrong without being executed.

There was a time people killed twins in Nigeria

So the same way it is, religion being practiced by majority doesnt mean it is true, and the few that refuses to believe in n it should not endanger their lives and peace by coming out to publicly ridicule it.

Same way you don't believe Muhammed is a prophet of God, would you go to sokoto and curse him?

13 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by oluwaseyi0: 10:29am On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
Most atheists are never bold to come out, just some online gragra but in reality they hide their heads in shame which brings me to ask why would a sane person practice what he/she isn’t proud of?

It's not about been proud or otherwise, it's about the dangerousness of the Christians and Muslims religion people

Most religious people are very weak mentally, and won't mind attacking anything that is not what they practice, Deborah case comes to mind, and please don't say it's only Muslim that attacks

Your pastor father may decide to stop paying school fees just because his ego is bruised by his daughter dumping Christianity religion

7 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 10:30am On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

Even among THEISTS, they kill themselves.

You are right... That's why I mentioned the second line in my comment.

Contend with no one! Even I as a Christian can never be extremist in my beliefs, neither do I deem myself superior to proponents of other Faiths.

I have associates and friends who are atheists and members of other Faiths. We have never had issues.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 10:30am On Aug 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

The phrase you are looking for is militant atheist

A lot of atheists are chilled. Look at Seun for instance.

Aggression is typically reserved for fresh /new converts to any faith /belief system.
i am aggressive, but i do it intentionally. I love pushing religious people to their limits.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by ModCaller: 10:31am On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:

You are not very bright as a lady. Work on your logical thinking

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:
i am aggressive, but i do it intentionally. I love pushing religious people to their limits.

You haven't learned or gained maturity! Time will heal you.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

You are right... That's why I mentioned the second line in my comment.

Contend with no one! Even I as a Christian can never be extremist in my beliefs, neither do I deem myself superior to proponents of other Faiths.

I have associates and friends who are atheists and members of other Faiths. We have never had issues.

So the deborah girl was an extremist that was why she was killed?
I thought she only aired her opinion?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GloriousGbola: 10:33am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:

why? so what is the difference between you and other fanatics who cannot go a day without trying to shove their beliefs down others throats?

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 10:33am On Aug 14, 2022
Jalaw:
Girl you're not "White" you're a "Negro"
Stop forming "Woke"
explain this statement. what is special about white people or black people?

8 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

You lack knowledge of what you are saying. Do you even know the origin of the way “satan”?

A SATANIST is a THEIST,A Sango Worshipper is THEIST, A Baal Worshipper is a THEIST, A Yahweh worshipper is a THEIST, A Allah worshipper is THEIST.
And then we have ATHEISTS that don’t believe or worship any of these deities.

You are indeed the dumbest THEIST on nairaland.

Stupid boy! Wike is a PDPeist, but he is not Atikulate.

Osibanjo is an APCeist but he is not "eminilokan"

Reasonable people know the difference between each and each but fools like you never learn and never know when to shut up or keep your stupid mouths shut!
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by ume1000: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

Not my intention and at the same time I don't think there is a mild way to put it. As a practicing Catholic for more than 20 years before seeing and reading arguement from the other side, I don't think any reasonable person would not question things further.
how do you explain dark matter and dark energy been 96% of the universe?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Mrkindness: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2022
Why do Yoruba Muslims, kogi muslims always fake to be Christians just to attack CAN and Christian leaders.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 10:36am On Aug 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Stupid boy! Wike is a PDPeist, but he is not Atikulate.

Osibanjo is an APCeist but he is not "eminilokan"

Reasonable people know the difference between each and each but fools like you never learn and never know when to shut up!

Dumb theist.
Pdp is a party, atiku is a person.
Apc is a party, tinubu is a person.
If atiku and tinubu dies today, it doesn’t stop wike and osinbajo for being “Pdpeist and “APCeist” bwahahahah

Reasonable people that are not brainwashed sheeps know the difference between theism and atheism.
You can also know it if you READ and don’t wallow in your ignorance.

You are indeed the dumbest THEIST on nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 10:36am On Aug 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

why? so what is the difference between you and other fanatics who cannot go a day without trying to shove their beliefs down others throats?
I do it because it is a way of challenging their extremism. Just like the church of satan is doing in the united states. dont expect us all to be laid back like you. some of us are ready to get our hands dirty. I love the good job the church of satan is doing. they have on many ocassions used the bullshit of Christians to fight for free speech and expression.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by bdon123(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2022
Rosrozz:
In order not to be judged by people like u

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2022
ume1000:
even quantum physicists don't fully understand quantum physics yet. did she tell you she is a physicist? why are you asking her irrelevant question

8 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 14, 2022
ume1000:
It is the Christian God that made it happened. Happy?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:

Did that some few years ago, but ended up feeling guilty after a while, well I did it then for some selfish gain.

I don't want to feel that way any more, I was wishing to just have to live my life the way I want but it seems to be affecting my relationship with my family and people around me. I just have to look for a better way to make things work.
It is as if your boyfriend is now noticing and seeing you like an ogbanje grin

Just ride him well.
He will worship your kpekus and believe in you instead grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 10:39am On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

So the deborah girl was an extremist that was why she was killed?
I thought she only aired her opinion?

I never said that... The extremists there are those who killed her.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by casppyjay: 10:39am On Aug 14, 2022
Jennygold111:
Is it wise to play along with been a Christian as an Atheist? I am finding it difficult to fake, it seems like a major blow to myself to lie to myself.
no Nigerian is genuine when it comes to faith if i was wrong then Nigeria would have been better off today .. Nigeria is a colony of hypocritical elements that lie before they pray and lie immediately after prayers..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:40am On Aug 14, 2022
Maynman:

Dumb theist.
Pdp is a party, atiku is a person.
Apc is a party, tinubu is a person.
If atiku and tinubu dies today, it doesn’t stop pdp and apc.

You are so far stupid that you do not see that Followership means party and party means followership.
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by Maynman: 10:40am On Aug 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

I never said that... The extremists there are those who killed her.

That’s why i said.
“Even among THEISTS, they kill themselves.

Are these “extremists” not also THEISTS?
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by GloriousGbola: 10:40am On Aug 14, 2022
HardMirror:
I do it because it is a way of challenging their extremism. Just like the church of satan is doing in the united states. dont expect us all to be laid back like you. some of us are ready to get our hands dirty. I love the good job the church of satan is doing. they have on many ocassions used the bullshit of Christians to fight for free speech and expression.

reminder, it is not the church of satan, it is the satanic temple wink

and what the satanic temple is really doing is pushing for religious pluralism by highlighting the duplicity of things like school prayers
all you seem to be doing is getting off on yanking the chains of conservative nigerian christains [who are remarkably easy to trigger]
Re: Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? by davidnote: 10:41am On Aug 14, 2022
Story of my life cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British / What's Your Favourite Worship Song On A Sunday Morning / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 76th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.