Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

"Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers (42852 Views)

It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / Violent Fulani Herdsmen Are Not Nigerians – Police IGP, Arase / We're Not Politicians, Stop Inviting Us To Improtu Meetings....ogun Obas To Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by SisiKill1: 1:20am On Aug 05, 2011
[b]THANK GOD WE'RE NOT A NIGERIANS [/b]by FOKN BOIS

http://www.mp3twit.com/fQU

Lyrics

Kofi is a common name, that's what even I say
But a Ghana man will never call a child Friday
Thank God we're not Nigerians

Always shouting very loud, don't know how to whisper
And why say Mistor, instead of Mister
Thank God we're not a Nigerians

You like school more than any African I’ve seen
Simple thirteen, you still say tharteen
Thank God we're not a Nigerians

They ban the whole team, you can’t even play
Can’t you just say Hi, what is Ki lon sele
Thank God we’re not a Nigerians

You barely qualify, then  get stuck
President Goodluck but you still suck
Thank God we’re not Nigerians

Instead of Hamburger or Pizza with ham
You eat Egusi with pounded yam

Always trying to show off, even when you eat
One soup, no vegetable but twelve different meat

Fela was a great Musician, yes of course
(Inaudible) something drugs

You created Nollywood,yes more of it
But too many witches and wizards in your film

Always in traditional wear everywhere
Haven’t you hear of Armani wear

For example shining five piece agbada
You can look very good in Dolce and Gabbana

Not going anywhere fast, let’s just stroll
Traffic everywhere, many bad bad roads

No street light from Oregun to Ikeja
Four four, join join two two on okada

Extra page in your passport to pass and go
You have learn very well from Obasanjo

Email fraud, Pyramid, 419
Oh that’s not fine

But at least you are better than Liberians
So thank God you’re not a Liberians

You gotta admit, it is kinda catchy.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by SisiKill1: 1:22am On Aug 05, 2011
Oh if anyone can decipher the Generator poopoopoopoo and Fela Drug parts, it will be very much appreciated.  cheesy
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Beaf: 1:26am On Aug 05, 2011
Poor Ghanaians and their lil insignificant country. Its sad to see how their jealousy is causing them such unhappiness.
Which Nigerian has the time to sing about Ghana? Boys get levels and our swagger too tight. cool

Lol! The life of a wannabe! Sad low self esteemed oyibo arse lickers.

5 Likes

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by SisiKill1: 1:29am On Aug 05, 2011
Beaf:

Poor Ghanaians and their lil insignificant country. Its sad to see how their jealousy is causing them such unhappiness.
Which Nigerian has the time to sing about Ghana? Boys get levels and our swagger too tight. cool
Nice conciliatory words grin
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Beaf: 1:36am On Aug 05, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Nice conciliatory words grin

Really? You possibly need help.
I am truly ashamed that any African could sing this:

Always in traditional wear everywhere
Haven’t you hear of Armani wear

Its a pathetic case of inferiority complex. How can anyone choose what is foreign over their own culture? That is why most African's outside of Nigerians feel lost and are useless to themselves. In a thousand years, Ghana would never have been able to push Nollywood, all their movies are like fake British soaps. Dry, boring and silly.

Nigerians are teaching Africans what it is like to be proud of your own culture and not feel inferior like you do.

6 Likes

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 05, 2011
the solution to this is to remove yoruba ,edo and delta ,where is becomrich he needs to see this thread grin

but wats up with the guy promoting armani over traditional wear , na waooo abeg traaditional for me anyday with my red cap unu  ngwanu as a chairman and oloye cheesy cheesy
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 1:47am On Aug 05, 2011
Even funnier coming from ghana hahahaha!!!

Ghanaians really need to get over the Nigerian envy, I will eat Pounded yam over pizza or bugger bleh!!!!!

Yes yes! All this is saying is that we are better at being Nubians than Ghanaians, Yes our English may be bad but who cares? intelligence is not English even though I'm saying that in English!!
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by SisiKill1: 1:48am On Aug 05, 2011
Hey they did say Nigerians are better than Liberians, that's something isn't it? tongue
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by kony1(m): 1:54am On Aug 05, 2011
lol shots fired lol

I f*ks with ghana though. They were one of the only african country's to show black americans love
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by koruji(m): 1:59am On Aug 05, 2011
Yeah, it sounds like they are trying to become less African over there in Ghana.

Otherwise, what is the traditional wear vs. Armani thing about? Pounded yam/egusi vs. pizza? How can you even ask?

Soon they will complain about the "ashanti stool" when there is "couch" - ignorant buffoons.

Thank God you are not Nigerians? You wish.

Beaf:

Lol! The life of a wannabe! Sad low self esteemed oyibo arse lickers.

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by nduchucks: 2:00am On Aug 05, 2011
Its high time we annexed these people and their country, Ghana is our land - there are indigenous hausa and Yoruba people there.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by SisiKill1: 2:15am On Aug 05, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Its high time we annexed these people and their country, Ghana is our land - there are indigenous hausa and Yoruba people there.
Ghana is now your land, eh? I laugh in Twi! cheesy
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by aloyemeka2: 2:19am On Aug 05, 2011
Inferirority complex is a silent killer. Anybody who studies you in and out obviously envies you. How many Nigerians can locate Ghana on the map yet over 80% of them are conversant with Naija culture.

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 05, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Inferirority complex is a silent killer. Anybody who studies you in and out obviously envies you. How many Nigerians can locate Ghana on the map yet over 80% of them are conversant with Naija culture.

So kini difference between that and your fetish with anything Yoruba?
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 2:22am On Aug 05, 2011
"not a Nigerians"? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Love Ghanaian peeps tho, except for the aloy.emeka-ish ones.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by okadaman2: 2:24am On Aug 05, 2011
I'm with beaf and chucks on this one.

This is what happens when you fail or refuse to colonize all these small small anthill countries littered all around you.

By now the whole of Ghana should be a lorry park for Nigerian recycle trucks  undecided

2 Likes

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by tpia5: 2:25am On Aug 05, 2011

i doubt i've ever heard more s.tupid lines than these.

and i've heard quite a few.

that oyibo parody about nigeria was better than this one though.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-695179.0.html
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by tpia5: 2:28am On Aug 05, 2011
havent listened to this song [thread title] btw. Is it rap?
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by aloyemeka2: 2:29am On Aug 05, 2011
okada_man:

I'm with beaf and chucks on this one.

This is what happens when you fail or refuse to colonize all these small small anthill countries littered all around you.

By now the whole of Ghana should be a lorry park for Nigerian recycle trucks  undecided

Igbo and Yoruba thugs are at it again. Always looking for ways to intimidate their neighbors.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 2:30am On Aug 05, 2011
Is it just me or am I the only one that thinks Ghana thinks nigeria= Yorubaland?

"Can’t you just say Hi, what is Ki lon sele"

"You eat Egusi with pounded yam"

"For example shining five piece agbada"

"No street light from Oregun to Ikeja"

I thought they said Yoruba influence no dey travel pass Benin.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by okadaman2: 2:32am On Aug 05, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Igbo and Yoruba thugs are at it again. Always looking for ways to intimidate their neighbors.

Wareva grin

At least Ghana will unite us. Igbo + Yoruba = world domination
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by tpia5: 2:33am On Aug 05, 2011
ghanaians also eat egusi anyway.

its a west african thing.

Egusi soup is a kind of soup thickened with the ground seeds and popular in West Africa, with considerable local variation. Besides the seeds, water, and oil, egusi soup typically contains leaf vegetables, other vegetables, seasonings, and meat. Typical leaf vegetables for egusi soup include bitterleaf, celosia and spinach. Typical other vegetables include tomatoes and okra. Typical seasonings include chiles, onions, and iru (fermented beans). Typical meats include beef, goat, fish, shrimp, or crayfish.

In the late 1980s, Canadian Government funded a project intended to develop a machine to help Cameroonians shell egusi seeds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egusi

this is why it's not good to be s.tupid.

hope its not nigerians behind this as usual.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 2:34am On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

ghanaians also eat egusi anyway.

its a west african thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egusi

this is why it's not good to be s.tupid.

hope its not nigerians behind this as usual.

But do they call it Egusi? My Ghanaian friend always says "vegetable soup" or sth like that. Interesting
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by tpia5: 2:35am On Aug 05, 2011
Happy Ghanaian independence day! I don’t think I’ll ever forget the excited declarations of “It’s 6th March!” or the sense of celebration that day during my time in Ghana.

Just in time for the 52nd anniversaryof the country’s independence from Britain and the eighth anniversary of my being there, I discovered Obeng. Yesterday, I was only three cat calls into my travels along Morse Street NE, headed toward the Asian grocery supplier that’s my favorite source of inexpensive coconut milk and dried shiitake mushrooms, when I spotted it. Or rather, I spotted the part of its sign that said “retail.”  (I’d been aware of an African food warehouse there, but always assumed I’d need a wholesaler license to get in).

(Recipe after the jump)
This store close to 4th and Morse NE is actually set up more for its retail customers, it appears, with managably-sized packages of  kenkey, banku mix, Milo, egusi (both whole and ground), and even a canned version of the mini eggplants known as ”garden eggs.” I’m actually not the first to find it–the Post was there years ago, In Shaw did a little write-up, and there were plenty of in-the-know customers milling around–but I still felt like I’d stumbled upon something special. I may have to update my previous entry about the warehouses!*

To get in the Ghanaian food spirit, check out a couple more pictures here and try the recipe below.

Egusi Greens

Adapted from a recipe on cdkitchen.com

Serves 4ish

2 pounds spinach, kale, collard, or other green, chopped fine
6 tablespoons coconut or peanut oil
4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped, or about 1 ½ cups canned diced tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ginger, minced
¾ c. egusi, ground (found in African grocery stores, or you can make your own by grinding pumpkin seeds)
2/3 cup water or liquid from the canned tomatoes
Cayenne pepper to taste
Salt to taste

Steam the green until not quite tender and set aside. Mix the egusi or ground pumpkin seeds in a bowl with enough warm water to form a paste, and also set that aside.

In a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onions and cook for a few minutes, or until beginning to brown. Add the tomato (if using fresh), and cook another few minutes. Add the garlic and ginger. Continue to stir until you smell the ginger strongly. If you’re using canned tomatoes, this is when you can add them.

Add the egusi paste, water, cayenne pepper (try just a pinch to start), and salt. Simmer 5-10 minutes. Add the greens and let simmer again, uncovered, for another 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary. Stir well and serve hot!

To eat this Ghanaian style, serve with slices of boiled white yam. I plan to eat it with fufu and Fanti-style kenkey.

http://youaredelicious.net/index.php/2009/03/06/egusi-for-ghana/
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by tpia5: 2:36am On Aug 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

But do they call it Egusi? My Ghanaian friend always says "vegetable soup" or sth like that. Interesting

i think they do.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 2:38am On Aug 05, 2011
Where was the word "Egusi" first adopted?

I'm sure it wasnt a spontaneous thing, it gradually spread thru west Africa. This is not to say the Yorubas of Benin or Nigeria started it. However, Egusi sounds very Yoruba to me.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Rousseau: 2:40am On Aug 05, 2011
Egusi is an Igbo word if I am not mistaken. I could possibly be wrong, but the word seems to be of Igbo origin. Looking at the lyrics of the song, I wonder why Ghanaians would not be proud of Africans celebrating their African heritage. What is the problem with eating egusi with pounded yam? And why should Africans not wear traditional. These entertainers seem to be favoring Western society over African society.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by tpia5: 2:41am On Aug 05, 2011
Where was the word "Egusi" first adopted?

I'm sure it wasnt a spontaneous thing, it gradually spread thru west Africa. This is not to say the Yorubas of Benin or Nigeria started it. However, Egusi sounds very Yoruba to me

no one knows where the word comes from for sure.

found this:

Egusi refers to the seeds of a highly nutritious type of watermelon found widely in Africa. It is also called Agushi (Ghana), Ikpoghiri (Itsekiri, Nigeria) or Ibara (Congolese). It is called sesame seed in french speaking regions of the world. They grow on dry land, and have a light brown shell or husk covering the whitish seed. They look like the pumpkin seed in appearance, and are often swapped for them where not available.
Egusi prominently features in most african foods, especially Ghanaian, Nigerian, Liberian and Congolese soups. They are very rich in protein and oils

http://www.westafricanfoods.com.au/products/8/item/53/29/

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Beaf: 2:42am On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

i doubt i've ever heard more s.tupid lines than these.

and i've heard quite a few.

that oyibo parody about nigeria was better than this one though.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-695179.0.html

Lol!

[flash=640,510]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzbvPa5npmo[/flash]
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by tpia5: 2:42am On Aug 05, 2011
on a sidenote, do somalians have egusi because sometimes these little things are important in a diet especially if there isnt enough to eat.

it provides nutrients and the cholesterol would only be a problem if the calorie intake from other food sources is also high.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by SisiKill1: 2:43am On Aug 05, 2011
Maybe what they are saying is they at least mix it up a bit but Nigerians don't. . .just one way traffic.

The one thing  they know is what they stick too.  cheesy

The part that cracks me up is the last verse. . .at least you are not Liberians! Bwahahaha!! cheesy cheesy

@ Ruby
Yeah, I noticed the Yoruba reference. . .Lmao!!!
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

no one knows where the word comes from for sure.

found this:

http://www.westafricanfoods.com.au/products/8/item/53/29/

Thanks.
Beaf:

Lol!

[flash=640,510]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzbvPa5npmo[/flash]

That was for an AP Geography class project. Wazzup with Nigerian men and white skin? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Who Is Winning In Kaduna Governorship Election? / Ike Enweremadu Visits Orji Uzor Kalu (Photos) / Politicians At Osubi Airport To Welcome Ibori (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.