Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,201 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

"Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers (42894 Views)

It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / Violent Fulani Herdsmen Are Not Nigerians – Police IGP, Arase / We're Not Politicians, Stop Inviting Us To Improtu Meetings....ogun Obas To Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by okadaman2: 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2011
@Mr Kofi Nanaboy shesi,

The Great Ijaw warrior: Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan is not bald.

In that pic, Jimmiboy Carter looks like Aremu Okikikiola's Houseboy.

Epic Naija swagger!
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 6:02pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ok. Let's put this nonsense of Ghanaians not being proud of our culture to rest. Our presidents don't wear traditional wear? Let me post some pictures.

Kwame Nkrumah - i won't even bother with this one. How can the godfather of panafricanism be accused of being unafrican?

For those of you who don't know, Ghana is the spritual home of pan-africanism. Today we are being accused of not being proud to be africans? what nansense.

the reason ghana became poor in the 60s was because Nkrumah used Ghana's wealth to facilitate pan-africanism and help other african countries achieve independence (after we got ours first) this includes Nigeria. today these very people are accusing us of not being proud to be african. what rubbish.

the kente cloth (of Ghana) remains the attire most associated with africaness in the entire world. In America, every self respecting african american has a piece of kente cloth in their home.

Nuff said.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by nolongTing: 6:08pm On Aug 05, 2011
okada_man:

@Mr Kofi Nanaboy shesi,

The Great Ijaw warrior: Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan is not bald.

In that pic, Jimmiboy Carter looks like Aremu Okikikiola's Houseboy.

Epic Naija swagger!

Like the saying goes pictures speak louder than words
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 6:10pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ghanaian leaders don't wear traditional?

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by jrtorrents: 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2011
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by okadaman2: 6:13pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^ Kofi nana it is too late to dust up the kente.

Why una dey hide am before? grin grin grin
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
Of the 3 Johns

John Rawlings almost always wears traditional wear. But even he knows when to suit up

John Kufuor admitedy liked his suits (and why not. As a big and tall man, he look resplendent in suits) but he mixed it up nicely

John Atta Mills seldom wears a suit.

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by KDULAR: 6:17pm On Aug 05, 2011
Just listen to the useless ramblingsbut wonder who are this BASTARDS . DO they think they can insult our President Just like that. Some blinking APES  that I'm very sure f.ck their mums straight in the ass!!. Common area boys ! who cannot even edit the English in their lyrics saying My President does what That does it,  for all Ghanaians  and My former Physics teacher MR Tedeku who stole and sold  the imporrtant science equipments in my secondary  and the f'cking bastard even have the gut to cane me when i confronted him and these things called fokn idiots says 419 is , Wish i have my hands on those "worthless  things like a sexualy non discriminating  female dog" (b'tch). angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

TO ALL YOU GHANAIANS ,YOUR BEST STUFF CANNOT COMPARE TO OUR DEMO. STRAIGHT UP. No wonder Ghanian team 'll perform woefully to other African nations but when it comes to Nigeria, they tight their ass so tenacious as if this is not an ordinary sport.   Koffi - Nenes

TRADITIONAL WEAR INDEED,  sulia with a shirt underneath
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Shersky: 6:21pm On Aug 05, 2011
What a crying shame! This is no satire, it is Xenophobia! Xenophobia and all other forms of bigotry are no longer acceptable in our world. A citizen can do a satire on his country, but no foriegner is allowed to do such a thing. If an Englishman sing a song to diss the germans, the song would be banned! This song should be banned! It is from a bigotted mind.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2011
hide for where?

it's not our fault eyes blinded by hate can't see.

there is a time for everytime. there comes a time when grown men suit up and talk business.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by okadaman2: 6:24pm On Aug 05, 2011
So you can't talk business in kente?

Grown men don't wear kente?  grin
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by NattyShock: 6:24pm On Aug 05, 2011
Frig, they didnt insult ur President. they said "Ur President is Goodluck, but u still suck" (In regards to the recent World Cup), why y'all let 2 people from a 24million Population get a whole 160million Population cheesed?? U even can't decipher the song and got it all wrong, I see how bitter y'all feel about Ghana now.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 6:27pm On Aug 05, 2011
even boxers knows when to look professional

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by okadaman2: 6:27pm On Aug 05, 2011
Haba bros it's not xenophobia grin

It was a funny song actually, Not too serious, except when self-haters started using it as an excuse to bash their fathers tongue and culture.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Martass: 6:28pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ah, kente is beautiful. The best. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cool cool cool tongue tongue tongue kiss kiss kiss kiss wink wink wink wink
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by okadaman2: 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2011
So kente is not smart, not professional? You can't innovate? Nor be cotton and rayon? grin

Suit nor be cotton material?

Must oyinbo show you everything?  embarassed
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2011
Just listen to the useless ramblingsbut wonder who are this BASTARDS . DO they think they can insult our President Just like that. Some blinking APES  that I'm very sure f.ck their mums straight in the Bottom!!. Common area boys ! who cannot even edit the English in their lyrics saying My President does what  That does it,  for all Ghanaians  and My former Physics teacher MR Tedeku who stole and sold  the imporrtant science equipments in my secondary  and the f'cking bastard even have the gut to cane me when i confronted him and these things called fokn idiots says 419 is ,  Wish i have my hands on those "worthless  things like a sexualy non discriminating  female dog" (b'tch).        

TO ALL YOU GHANAIANS ,YOUR BEST STUFF CANNOT COMPARE TO OUR DEMO. STRAIGHT UP. No wonder Ghanian team 'll perform woefully to other African nations but when it comes to Nigeria, they tight their Bottom so tenacious as if this is not an ordinary sport.   Koffi - Nenes

TRADITIONAL WEAR INDEED,  sulia with a shirt underneath

ya, we got to the quarter finals of the world cup by only being serious when we play nigeria. and we got to the finals of the last african cup by "performing woefully to other african nations" right??

now your african wear is better than ours? that's the new argument? how old are you?
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by okadaman2: 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2011
Dashiki nor dey carry last

I can post more Dashiki if you want; very popular in the Pan-African community too. Probably more than kente.

Kente na cover cloth, Dashiki na dress grin

Innovate or perish cool
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 6:38pm On Aug 05, 2011
So kente is not smart, not professional? You can't innovate? Nor be cotton and rayon?

Suit nor be cotton material?

Must oyinbo show you everything?

FYI, kente is woven. it's thick. super thick. and you don't sow kente into shirts or such.

sure you could wear kente to a business meeting. but if you choose not to, does that make you ashamed of your culture?

like i said before, does the japanese emperor not wearing a kimono mean he is not proud of his culture?

why does hamid karzai wear a suit jacket over his traditional wear when it's cold? can't he drape himself in some blanket made from traditional afghan fabric? can't he make that traditional fabric into a jacket?

why does goodluck jonathan not have his suits made with the same material they use for agbada? is he ashamed of his culture? why does he wear that hat and not an african hat? he must be ashamed of his culture.

why does the king of swaziland not go bare-chested to business meetings? he must be ashamed of his culture?

why does obasanjo wear shoes and not african sandals? he must be ashamed of his culture.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by okadaman2: 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2011
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Martass: 6:42pm On Aug 05, 2011
And what makes you think Dashiki is worn by only Nigerians? Neither is Agbada Nigerian. Try and find out the origins of these cloths.

Dashiki, Agbada etc, are cloths worn across West Africa.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by okadaman2: 6:44pm On Aug 05, 2011
Not arguing with you bro  grin

Just don't diss your culture, it's a funny, silly song. I like it, but it shouldn't lead to more stuuuuupid generalizations.

I've made my point. Nice sharing pictures with ya kofiboy tongue

Nigerians wear kente too, I do. Dashiki is Nigerian-Yoruba word, but i get your point, hope you got mine.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by RickyRoss1(m): 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2011
A reserve of about 600 million barrels of oil was discovered in Ghana in 2007. Commercial operations started late last year with a daily production of 160, 000 barrels. This is not all. Ghana is the second largest producer of cocoa in the world, producing over 20% of the world’s cocoa beans. The western African country is also the second largest producer of gold (its former name was Gold Coast) and has huge deposits of industrial diamonds and bauxite (aluminum).

Sadly, Ghana, after 53 years of independence, still has about 4,000 basic schools organized under trees, 5,000 in dilapidated structures, and 7,500 without sanitary facilities. READ MORE ON THIS GHANA WEBSITE:  http://ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=194534

Many Nigerian fools who never traveled out of this country b4 will tell you that Ghana has steady electricity that lasts 10 years without any power cut at all. This is a bloody. I used to believe such rubbish till i visited Ghana in 2003. Till date i still have 2 shops and 3 boutiques in Ghana and I have in many Nigerian cities and Gambia as well. But hey my people say what you know, dont say what you dont know. If you visit Ghana and see the way our boys and girls are flooding Ghana bc they have heard from people back in Nigeria that Ghana is heaven and well developed, hahahahahahaha.
It is true that Ghana enjoys better electricity than Nigeria, but electricity in Ghana is epileptic. Light goes on and off in Ghana every few hours. The say day i came to Ghana there was power cut that lasted for 2days, i was surprised because before i visited Ghana i was told there is steady light in Ghana Apart from electricity, there is not any other area Ghana can set or compete with Nigeria, Before i came to Ghana i used to love Ghanaian bc i thought they are our brothers, but this changed when i came to Ghana. Ghaians hate Nigerians with passion. This is simply bc Nigerians owns the best of every big company, supermarket, bank, airlines, estates, cars etc in Ghana. Ghanaians are low minded people, they are gutless and lazy morons. I am tired of Ghanans constant attack against Nigeria, so I am going to make a post about Ghana later today. I dont hate Ghanaians at all, but i hate the way they hate us inspite of all the way we have helped that country. This is why i want our leaders to STOP helping any African country. Just go to Liberia and see the way they hate Nigerians there, after wasting hundreds of millions of dollars, plus our soldiers that lost their lives fighting for Liberia.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by jrtorrents: 6:52pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

A reserve of about 600 million barrels of oil was discovered in Ghana in 2007. Commercial operations started late last year with a daily production of 160, 000 barrels. This is not all. Ghana is the second largest producer of cocoa in the world, producing over 20% of the world’s cocoa beans. The western African country is also the second largest producer of gold (its former name was Gold Coast) and has huge deposits of industrial diamonds and bauxite (aluminum).

Sadly, Ghana, after 53 years of independence, still has about 4,000 basic schools organized under trees, 5,000 in dilapidated structures, and 7,500 without sanitary facilities. READ MORE ON THIS GHANA WEBSITE:  http://ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=194534

Many Nigerian fools who never traveled out of this country b4 will tell you that Ghana has steady electricity that lasts 10 years without any power cut at all. This is a bloody. I used to believe such rubbish till i visited Ghana in 2003. Till date i still have 2 shops and 3 boutiques in Ghana and I have in many Nigerian cities and Gambia as well. But hey my people say what you know, dont say what you dont know. If you visit Ghana and see the way our boys and girls are flooding Ghana bc they have heard from people back in Nigeria that Ghana is heaven and well developed, hahahahahahaha.
It is true that Ghana enjoys better electricity than Nigeria, but electricity in Ghana is epileptic. Light goes on and off in Ghana every few hours. The say day i came to Ghana there was power cut that lasted for 2days, i was surprised because before i visited Ghana i was told there is steady light in Ghana Apart from electricity, there is not any other area Ghana can set or compete with Nigeria, Before i came to Ghana i used to love Ghanaian bc i thought they are our brothers, but this changed when i came to Ghana. Ghaians hate Nigerians with passion. This is simply bc Nigerians owns the best of every big company, supermarket, bank, airlines, estates, cars etc in Ghana. Ghanaians are low minded people, they are gutless and lazy morons. I am tired of Ghanans constant attack against Nigeria, so I am going to make a post about Ghana later today. I dont hate Ghanaians at all, but i hate the way they hate us inspite of all the way we have helped that country. This is why i want our leaders to STOP helping any African country. Just go to Liberia and see the way they hate Nigerians there, after wasting hundreds of millions of dollars, plus our soldiers that lost their lives fighting for Liberia.

Wow so Ghana has 4,000 basic schools but 7,500 are without sanitary facilities? Some good mathematics right there.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by hercules07: 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2011
It seems only Okada man is seeing the funny side of the song, how long before a useless minister asks the Ghana government for apology.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2011
Dashiki, as you people call it, IS CERTAINLY NOT A CLOTH. Dashiki is just a style of attire. You can make any material into that.

This attire style is neither unique or exclusively to Nigeria. It is common, i mean common, from senegal right to Cameroon. Throughout West African.

The Kente cloth on the other hand, is reservedly, exclusively, Ghanaian. It doesn't matter where in the world you wear it, it is from Ghana.

the Kente cloth is the number one fabric pattern associated with african-ness. full stop.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by aribisala0(m): 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Its high time we annexed these people and their country, Ghana is our land - there are indigenous hausa and Yoruba people there.
i agree 100%!
who should we give the job to ,the enterprising igbos or the marauding mallams
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2011
i think ghanians r going nut. I wish i would c dat clown dat sang dat song, make i send four bullets into his fuccking cranium!
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2011

It is true that Ghana enjoys better electricity than Nigeria, but electricity in Ghana is epileptic. Light goes on and off in Ghana every few hours. The say day i came to Ghana there was power cut that lasted for 2days, i was surprised because before i visited Ghana i was told there is steady light in Ghana Apart from electricity, there is not any other area Ghana can set or compete with Nigeria,  Before i came to Ghana i used to love Ghanaian bc i thought they are our brothers, but this changed when i came to Ghana. Ghaians hate Nigerians with passion. This is simply bc Nigerians owns the best of every big company, supermarket, bank, airlines, estates, cars etc in Ghana. Ghanaians are low minded people, they are gutless and lazy morons. I am tired of Ghanans constant attack against Nigeria, so I am going to make a post about Ghana later today. I dont hate Ghanaians at all, but i hate the way they hate us inspite of all the way we have helped that country. This is why i want our leaders to STOP helping any African country. Just go to Liberia and see the way they hate Nigerians there, after wasting hundreds of millions of dollars, plus our soldiers that lost their lives fighting for Liberia.

Foolish ramblings

How has Nigeria helped  Ghana? Have we fought any civil war  for nigeria to send us peace keepers. go on, give me a list of these things nigeria has done to "help' ghana.  these stvpid arguments keep making the rounds on  nairaland without anyone bothering to correct them. But alas, you have met your match,. i have time for fools.

post your thread and we will respond accordingly. I await anxiously.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by allure1(f): 7:14pm On Aug 05, 2011
Whao!! shocked shocked shocked
bitter this much

God have great mercy on us all.
embarassed
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by ijawgirl: 7:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
this is so wrong!~!
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2011
i think ghanians r going nut these days. I wish i could c d clown dat sang d song, make i send four bullets into his fuccking cranium!!
We knw 9ja suckz but we dont need a foreigner 2 tell us dat!!
THANKGOD I'M NOT A GHANIAN. . . . . . lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

"Reported Release Of Kabiru Sokoto: Hatred For President Buhari Taken Too Far" / "Defeat Me With Superiority Of Your Argument Not With AK47" - Nnamdi Kanu To PMB / All Materials Used For Kaduna Governorship Election Brought To Court (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.