Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,973 members, 7,810,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

"Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers (42863 Views)

It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / Violent Fulani Herdsmen Are Not Nigerians – Police IGP, Arase / We're Not Politicians, Stop Inviting Us To Improtu Meetings....ogun Obas To Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Syenite(m): 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2011
I don't like Ghanaians. They are a pain in the ass to Nigeria.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 3:44pm On Aug 05, 2011
The thread is full of inferiority complex is full of inferiority complex and grammatical errors.

Thank God we are not a Ghanians!! Queen Elizabeth would have banned us by now.

speaking of grammatical errors. you might wanna look over your own work above lol
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 3:46pm On Aug 05, 2011
Please has anyone in here tasted a ghanain dish!? OMG! That is the worst thing to do. Their soup will make you throw up! No joke, their food is horrible.

The only thing i respect about ghana is how easily you can bed their girls;-)

bitter much?

it's ok son. let it all out. therapy is for white kids. lol.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by aljharem3: 3:51pm On Aug 05, 2011
Thank God We're not A Nigerians

and people see no wrong in the grammar undecided undecided undecided

Nice song though
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2011
" It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile. Be yourself no matter what they say." Quentin Crisp .

Anyone who thinks Armani is better than traditional African attires, inspired by our culture, history and distinct sense of fashion , is simply ignorant.

Nigerians, show you are men. Suffer ignorance and smile. That will even annoy the haters more . They have nothing to do with their time but to think about us to the extent that they now sing about Nigerians to earn a living. Who can blame them when they are jobless as per how we have taken all business opportunities away from them even in their own country?

Who , in this day and age , will produce such an unashamedly bigoted song if not the citizen of a nation that knows his rants , offensive to most, will be well received by his fellow slackers and haters? How is this different to the many racist rock groups who play to sellout crowds of neo-Nazis, fascists and racists?  

If some of you doubt me , find any Ghanaian forum , anywhere in cyberspace, talking of this tune. You will find that the song has 100% endorsement from Ghanaians.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by SisiKill1: 3:57pm On Aug 05, 2011
Rotflmao! Kai! Nigerians have no sense of humor!!  cheesy cheesy

By the way, the[i] A Nigerians [/i] is not grammatically incorrect in the context in which it's being used.

Whenever anything happens involving a Nigerian, How do people react?

They say "Hmmm, NIGERIANS" (in the sad, shaking their head in pity kinda way),

That's why the singers are thanking God they is not[i] A NIGERIANS[/i].

Gerrit? cheesy
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by newdeal(m): 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2011
Oh if anyone can decipher the Generator poopoopoopoo and Fela Drug parts, it will be very much appreciated.  Cheesy

I guess the generator part is onomatopeic, the Fela lines says:

Fela was a great musician, yes of course
But why 27 wives and one red trunk[b] s [/b] 

A careful analysis of their lyrics will show the kind of backgrounds these boys hail from, no need splitting hairs over such juvenile rantings

At least they succeeded in making me smile after a hectic day in class, which is all I need now  grin grin
Thank God I am a Nigerian!!!
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 05, 2011
I like Ghanians, my uncle even married one of them! But these ones are just bunch of illiterate Ghanian youths. You guys are sayng they are equating yorubaland to Nigeria, but I say NO! those fools are equating Lagos to Nigeria, Oregun to Ikeja is only Lagos state. They should have said 'Lagos to Kano, Sokoto to Port Harcout'. And they are complaining about the Yoruba accent! Have they ever listen to an Indian, a Chinese or even a German speak english before? They should have question the grammar rather than the accent and hear them ', a Nigerians', is that the correct grammar? Bunch of fools.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by teninteni: 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2011
streak rap @Thank God we are not a Nigerians
Thought they say Ghanaians speak flawless English
grin grin
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Rotflmao! Kai! Nigerians have no sense of humor!!  cheesy cheesy

You should define humour for us. If a white man sings that "thank god I am not black" it is the likes of yourself that will ask for his public execution .
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2011
lol Gbawe and his nonsensical rants concerning anything Ghanaian.

100% endorsement? I am ghanaian and i had never even heard of this song until i saw this thread.

it's a satirical song. meant to poke fun.

rule number 1 of satirical comedy is you extreme examples of an impression of someone or something you think you see and poke fun at it. [b]It is not to be taken literally.[/b]If a satirical cartoonist is drawing a cartooon of Obama, you can be sure the ears will be impossibly big. Are Obama's ears that big?
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Walala(m): 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2011
First of all, am I the only that noticed this clown said "Hambeggar"? Talk about being Razz.  

Anyway Ghanaians to me are like the neighbor next door that wants to fight you because ordinary getting into a fight with you will make him feel like he is on your level even though he is a midget and you are like Andre the giant or something.

I never pay attention to them when they say stuff about Nigerians because I view it as a cry for attention.

Nice song though but i think they were just joking so no shots fired or better yet water thrown and not bullets.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Boyoorisha: 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2011
no be him fault!
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by oludashmi(f): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2011
shesi:

speaking of grammatical errors. you might wanna look over your own work above lol

That wasn't a grammatical error. I only typed a couple of words twice. And I modified it the moment I realised it. lol
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2011
That wasn't a grammatical error. I only typed a couple of words twice. And I modified it the moment I realised it. lol

lol actually your spelling of 'ghanian' was wrong. It's ghanaian.

i didnt meant to be picky but you are the one who raised the issue of grammar. lol.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 4:11pm On Aug 05, 2011
shesi:

lol Gbawe and his nonsensical rants concerning anything Ghanaian.

100% endorsement? I am ghanaian and i had never even heard of this song until i saw this thread.

it's a satirical song. meant to poke fun.

rule number 1 of satirical comedy is you extreme examples of an impression of someone or something you think you see and poke fun at it. [b]It is not to be taken literally.[/b]If a satirical cartoonist is drawing a cartooon of Obama, you can be sure the ears will be impossibly big. Are Obama's ears that big?

HIC (Hater-in-Chief ) how far? You are still around ? We dey salute Una OOO !!
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2011
I like Ghanians, my uncle even married one of them! But these ones are just bunch of illiterate Ghanian youths. You guys are sayng they are equating yorubaland to Nigeria, but I say NO! those fools are equating Lagos to Nigeria, Oregun to Ikeja is only Lagos state. They should have said 'Lagos to Kano, Sokoto to Port Harcout'. And they are complaining about the Yoruba accent! Have they ever listen to an Indian, a Chinese or even a German speak english before? They should have question the grammar rather than the accent and hear them ',  a Nigerians', is that the correct grammar? Bunch of fools.

you think the average ghanaian knows about  sokoto or port harcot? actually these boys tried to even know oregun or ikeja. i for instance had never heard these two cities before.

Most of what the average ghanaian knows about nigeria is what they have seen in nollywood movies. And the lyrics to this songs prove this.
and before you whine about that  too, consider this; the alternative would be what they have been told by ghanaians who've lived in nigeria. i.e. the ghanian returnees. you can bet that is not good stuff. lol.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2011
Me hater? how? I tell the truth. Which you mostly don't like to hear.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by SisiKill1: 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2011
Gbawe:

You should define humour for us. If a white man sings that "thank god I am not black" it is the likes of yourself that will ask for his public execution .
Lmao!! Why on earth would I care if someone wants to thank God they aren't something?

When mouth is not gagged and I can thank God I'm not white.  cheesy cheesy

Enough with sanctimonious BS jare, Nigerians say worst about themselves any day.

They didn't say Nigerians are Cannibals, nope they left that to Nigerians to say for themselves.

They aren't calling Nigerians Pedo-philes or human sacrifice carrying sects, why should they when Nigerians have that label tattooed on other Nigerians

So why give a rat's patootie that some comedians say Nigerians shout when they talk?

Please get over yourselves, your reaction to this thread speaks more of your own deep seated insecurities than the comedians.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2011
shesi:

Me hater? how? I tell the truth. Which you mostly don't like to hear.

The "truth" or blind apology for odious rants from your fellow haters? Above , you claim the song is satirical . Do you know the meaning of satire? Is satire meant to portray the user as ignorant , foolish and laughable ? If This guy is displaying wholesale ignorance by advocating Armani , to Africans , ahead of traditional African attire , how on earth is that "satire"?

Satire is meant to display wit not amplify ignorance and stupidity .
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Seum(f): 4:34pm On Aug 05, 2011
Gbawe:

The "truth" or blind apology for odious rants from your fellow haters? Above , you claim the song is satirical . Do you know the meaning of satire? Is satire meant to portray the user as ignorant , foolish and laughable ? If This guy is displaying wholesale ignorance by advocating Armani , to Africans , ahead of traditional African attire , how on earth is that "satire"?

Satire is meant to display wit not amplify ignorance and stupidity .

Tell her!
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2011

i was almost forgetting why i usuallly ignore your posts. But i've quickly been re-acquainted with your s tupi dity. do YOU know what satire is??

what is wrong with advocating armani to africans? Did he say african should only wear armani? exclusively? they are poking fun at what they consider nigerians  ALWAYS (this is where the satire part comes in. google it) african wear. And they are suggesting you mix it up with some western wear (read global fashion)
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by jmaine: 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2011
Na today wey Ghanians dey mumu . .abeg make una free dem jare . . .They are acting in a normal state with their innate stvpidity
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2011
shesi:

i was almost forgetting why i usuallly ignore your posts. But i've quickly been re-acquainted with your s tupi dity. do YOU know what satire is??

what is wrong with advocating armani to africans? Did he say african should only wear armani? exclusively? they are poking fun at what they consider nigerians  ALWAYS (this is where the satire part comes in. google it) african wear. And they are suggesting you mix it up with some western wear (read global fashion)

you are what we call a class A 'suwegbe' . Your silly and unintelligent attempt at spin won't cut it with anyone because, from below, everyone can see that the songwriter is advocating that Nigerians should wear Armani instead of traditional wear.  Like I said before , satire should demonstrate wit. It should not make the user appear ignorant, uncouth and bush. In any case what does your bush fellow man mean by "Armani" anyway ? So If you wear Armani Y-front underpant alone to a party instead of an Immaculate Agbada , then that is acceptable to your 'olodo' brother?  

Always in traditional wear everywhere
Haven’t you hear of Armani wear
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by BigMeat2: 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2011
I like the musician's sence of humour.
Let him have his 2 seconds of fame, the good thing is he can never be a Nigerian, even in his dreams.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2011
How I wish Madam Dora is still in government!
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by hackney(m): 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ghana people.
No time.

jet-black, hairy and penny-pinching, Lidl-scrambling boneheads.
baggy trouser wearing wannabe dumbf.uxcks!
Accra is a village and kumasi?. . .  pswhwww.

Arrow bags.
let me hear you say :sanday, manday,ather
dumbheads.
f.u.xck off.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by russellino: 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2011
ROFLMAO - ''always trying to show off, even when you eat, one soup no vegetables 12 different meats?? , thank God we're not a Nigerians''
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by russellino: 4:53pm On Aug 05, 2011
Abeg what happened to our sense of humour why is everyone so pissed
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2011
you are what we call a class A 'suwegbe' . Your silly and unintelligent attempt at spin won't cut it with anyone because, from below, everyone can see that the songwriter is advocating that Nigerians should wear Armani instead of traditional wear.  Like I said before , satire should demonstrate wit. It should not make the user appear ignorant, uncouth and bush. In any case what does your bush fellow man mean by "Armani" anyway ? So If you wear Armani Y-front underpant alone to a party instead of an Immaculate Agbada , then that is acceptable to your 'olodo' brother?  

Always in traditional wear everywhere
Haven’t you hear of Armani wear

i am genuinely astounded by your stupidity sometimes. "always in traditional wear everywhere. haven't you hear of armani wear" - the always and everywhere is what he is poking fun at. now go back and read my last reply to you. maybe this time you will comprehend. seriously, there is no excuse for stupidity in today's  age of information.  

what the hell are you talking about underpant? like huh?
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by emofine(f): 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2011
So first the South Africans dedicate a movie in our honour next the Ghanaians compose a tribute song to us . . yet some people still wonder why Nigerians have superiority complexes. Stop polishing our egos with all this unbridled attention awww I think I'm gonna blush cool
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ghana people.
No time.

jet-black, hairy and penny-pinching, Lidl-scrambling boneheads.
baggy trouser wearing wannabe dumbf.uxcks!
Accra is a village and kumasi?. . . pswhwww.

Arrow bags.
let me hear you say :sanday, manday,ather
dumbheads.
f.u.xck off.

song hit a little too close to home did it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Picture Of A Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram / Deji Adeleke Denies Osun 2018 ‘Governorship Ambition’ / Who Is Winning In Kaduna Governorship Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.