Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

"Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers (42896 Views)

It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / Violent Fulani Herdsmen Are Not Nigerians – Police IGP, Arase / We're Not Politicians, Stop Inviting Us To Improtu Meetings....ogun Obas To Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Martass: 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2011
jrtorrents:

Well Nigerian cant take a joke, this is a song just trying poke fun at Nigerians and they are mad as a fvck when in fact they've called Ghanaians names for ages,

But you have to also agree Ghana is better off as a country than Nigeria on every count, not that Ghana is a paradise.

It tells you one thing, those morons who made the song may be telling some truth.

Apart from saying they 'thank God they are not Nigerians', I believe many Nigerians would agree that many of the stuff they said are true.

No body likes to be disrespected, but I don't know why Nigerians here are on rampage against Ghanaians because some Ghanaian fool decided to make a song about them.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Fhemmmy: 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2011
See how Nigerians are researching all cos of Ghanaian . . . . . .  interesting
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Rhino5dm: 8:25pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ghana Must GO!!!
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Outstrip(f): 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2011
I don't find it funny. It'ss just stupid to me. I always wonder why Ghanaians take so much pride in being associated with american culture. I guess this proves it. Half of the reasons why they are proud of not being Nigerians is because Nigerians embrace their culture. Egusi over hamburger anyday. Thank God I am Nigerian
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by londoner: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2011
Why are the Ghanaians here pretending as if a disparaging song about Ghanaians was created and released by Nigerians there would be no reaction, even if some of the lyrics had some truth.

Be real.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Martass: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2011
Gbawe:

shocked shocked shocked shocked A bright girl like you spends that much time on that intellectually stymied website of hate, bad belle, cretinous thinking and total obsession with Nigerians ? I am shocked  Londoner shocked shocked shocked Please tell me you are joking !!!

Gbawe,

I don't know the site you are talking about. This is the common Ghanaian forum for everyday discussions

http://sil.ghanaweb.com/

Please go there and dig into the archives, and show me the last time a discussion was done about Nigeria. Also let me know the number of people who took part in such discussions.

I frequent this forum and Nigeria even does not come up. People have better things to discuss there.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Natasha2(f): 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
Wow every one is so angry, I read the poem twice and after reading all I could do was laugh  grin grin grin It was damn funny jeez. What I can't understand is if they feel Nigeria is that bad then why the hell are they so interested in it? I can't imagine myself sitting down to write this about Ghana or any other nation for that matter, I think the writer is jobless and obsessed with Nigeria, Nigerian we are bad we are all the evil things in the world okay we no vex no problem but why can't you just leave us in peace?, na so we they sweet una reach? as for me I have nada against Ghana after all I'm from there too  cheesy , but hey no nation is perfect every nation have their imperfections I wonder why others want to chew us raw because of ours  undecided its just crazy. 
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by londoner: 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2011
@Martass, even when a thread is not expressly about Nigeria, it descends into a xenophobic rant against Nigerians.

There was one yesterday about a list where Ghana was 4th best investment destination in Africa, Nigeria was number two. It did not take long for some to say it is not an achievement if they are behind Nigeria.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Fhemmmy: 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2011
I am sorry oh, i just cant help but keep laffing and smiling . . . . . seeing how angry people are.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2011
Martass:

It tells you one thing, those morons who made the song may be telling some truth.

Apart from saying they 'thank God they are not Nigerians', I believe many Nigerians would agree that many of the stuff they said are true.

No body likes to be disrespected, but I don't know why Nigerians here are on rampage against Ghanaians because some Ghanaian fool decided to make a song about them.

Lets do away with the pretense. This is not "some Ghanaian fool decided to make a song about them". You can fool the internet community , who have never set foot in Ghana , with that crap. Nigerians who know Ghana well understand how , for many Ghanaians, a good day is the day they can feel they have done something better than a Nigerian. The guys who made this song simply want to cash in on the xenophobia , against Nigerians, sweeping Ghana. The assumption is that simplistic and bellicose Ghanaians who blame Nigerians and Liberians for all their woes (while same Ghanaians are happy to give the Chinese, Lebanese, Italians, Indians et al unbridled access to Ghana) will immediately love this tune that gives "those Alata" a red nose.

Are you not ashamed at how your folks even drag Liberians into this as inferior cannon fodders ? Are the Liberians , your fellow Africans, now to be mocked as the 'lowest' just for fun?
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by RickyRoss1(m): 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2011
Martass:

What a BIG FOOL, tell us in what ways is Ghana better than Nigeria? Please bring it on let me keep you where you belong.
Is it economically, academically or science and technology? I would really like to know my dear poor friends,

Many Ghanaians claim Ghana has better schools thats why many Nigerians are schooling there. But its a LIE? Nigerians are studying in many types of the world. We dont have enough universities in Nigeria. I also know many Ghanaians studying in UNIPORT and UNILAG. If Ghana has good schools as most of you claim why are you not producing world class scientists?  Anytime i check the list of Africas greatest scientists i see a lot of Nigerians but i never see a single Ghanaian? Why are we not producing world class actors/actresses like Nigeria? Nigerian scientists are manufacturing cars and computers, why is there no single Ghanaian that can even manufacture wheel barrow? How come over 75% of books used in all Ghanaian schools are written by Nigerian authors? If Ghana has good schools they should be producing great authors like Chinua Achebe/Wole Soyinka/Elechi Amada etc.

There is no need to compare Nigeria with Ghana, Nigeria is a bigger and richer country with smarter people. Nigerians run the gamut in any list of "100 greatest Africans". Ghanaians are lazy and dumb people.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Natasha2(f): 8:49pm On Aug 05, 2011
^jeez you got me cracked up with the wheel barrow thing grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Martass: 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2011
Gbawe:

Lets do away with the pretense. This is not "some Ghanaian fool decided to make a song about them". You can fool the internet community , who have never set foot in Ghana , with that crap. Nigerians who know Ghana well understand how , for many Ghanaians, a good day is the day they can feel they have done something better than a Nigerian. The guys who made this song simply want to cash in on the xenophobia , against Nigerians, sweeping Ghana. The assumption is that simplistic and bellicose Ghanaians who blame Nigerians and Liberians for all their woes (while same Ghanaians are happy to give the Chinese, Lebanese, Italians, Indians et al unbridled access to Ghana) will immediately love this tune that gives "those Alata" a red nose.

Are you not even ashamed at how your folks even drag Liberians into this as inferior cannon fodders ? Are the Liberians , your fellow Africans, now to be mocked as the 'lowest' just for fun?

There you go again with your generalization. Two not too popular Ghanaian musicians nobody has heard of make an insulting song about Nigerians and Liberians and you expect all Ghanaians to answer to that?

Think man. I know you have a thing against Ghanaians, blowing everything Ghanaian into the realm of xenophobia and yet many Nigerians also resident in Ghana just like you come here to attest to the good time they are having in Ghana without any problems. For someone who claims to be married to a Ghanaian and yet rants shiit about Ghana at every opportunity beats me.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Fhemmmy: 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ricky_Ross, you don vex finally
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Martass: 8:58pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

What a BIG FOOL, tell us in what ways is Ghana better than Nigeria? Please bring it on let me keep you where you belong.
Is it economically, academically or science and technology? I would really like to know my dear poor friends,

Many Ghanaians claim Ghana has better schools thats why many Nigerians are schooling there. But its a LIE? Nigerians are studying in many types of the world. We dont have enough universities in Nigeria. I also know many Ghanaians studying in UNIPORT and UNILAG. If Ghana has good schools as most of you claim why are you not producing world class scientists? Anytime i check the list of Africas greatest scientists i see a lot of Nigerians but i never see a single Ghanaian? Why are we not producing world class actors/actresses like Nigeria? Nigerian scientists are manufacturing cars and computers, why is there no single Ghanaian that can even manufacture wheel barrow? How come over 75% of books used in all Ghanaian schools are written by Nigerian authors? If Ghana has good schools they should be producing great authors like Chinua Achebe/Wole Soyinka/Elechi Amada etc.

There is no need to compare Nigeria with Ghana, Nigeria is a bigger and richer country with smarter people. Nigerians run the gamut in any list of "100 greatest Africans". Ghanaians are lazy and dumb people.

Your post are not worth responding to. You don't sound very bright so I'll spare my self that agony.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Update(m): 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2011
my nation of good people, please you guys should not stop downloading the useless song and reading about the artist. Cos he wana use the name of the populous country in africa. The giant of africa to become famous.

Please let no nigerian charge him to court cos it will make him famous and that is what he want. He is a usess african that is not proud of his cluture.

And you my kofi or what useless stage name you call yourself u clame to be our eglish master why dont you join our naija soyinka in us and teach the world how to speak. Or is he from ghana?

I bet you for your ignorance, you wil be the worst and lowest artist in your heaven ghana, for you have gone beyond border. Please note that this is not a threat, but a precise anticipation.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by RickyRoss1(m): 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2011
Martass:

Gbawe,

I don't know the site you are talking about. This is the common Ghanaian forum for everyday discussions

Please go there and dig into the archives, and show me the last time a discussion was done about Nigeria. Also let me know the number of people who took part in such discussions.

I frequent this forum and Nigeria even does not come up. People have better things to discuss there.

The most active and MOST POPULAR website in the entire Ghana is http://www.casualphorum.com/
There is no single day that passes by without sorry ass Ghanaians trash talking Nigerians on that silly website which happens to be a sex forum anyway. Shows you how retarded Ghanaians are. The most active web portal of Ghana is a freaky sex site. Here in Nairaland we dont talk about Ghana. The site you posted here is unknown to most Ghanaians.

Below are just few examples i saved last year when i was in Nigeria. Just click and read through those pages and tell me why i should call Ghanaians my brothers??

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=185360

http://casualphorum.com/viewtopic.php?t=231813&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=bef120741d40a00d14b8a4427f4b2d1e

Ghana-Nigeria Movie Industry War: Total Nonesense!  [/b]http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/entertainment/artikel.php?ID=188610&comment=0#com

[b]Ghana’s Anti-Business Clampdown
 http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=189190

Kumasi Prostitutes   http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=190460&comment=0#com
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by okadaman2: 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2011
Martass:

Gbawe,

grin grin yeye liar

You and jrtorrents need to quit while you are ahead

Ghanaweb is obsessed with Nigeria, Nigerians and Nigeria related news, from politics to entertainment, even this funny song just proved that.

Nothing wrong with that though, if I were Ghanaweb, I will be obsessed too, nothing happens in Ghana  grin
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by londoner: 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2011
@Gbawe, my boyfriend is Ghanaian, so I started frequenting the site to at least make an effort, lol  

I just check in there when I am checking in on NL. They dislike Nigerians there man, except very few and even when they don't seem to dislike us, just scratch the surface you will usually see it.

I was in Ghana for seven weeks between April and June. Even when they know you are not a 419er/armed robber etc, as long as you are Nigerian the subtle insults come. I couldn't wait to leave, although I also met some good people.

My baby lives in Ghana and has a job there, but because of their attitude towards Nigerians I may have to let the relationship go, because I refuse to live there and put up with it. It proved far too isolating for me.

On Ghanaweb, any NEGATIVE news headline involving Nigerians makes it onto the site and people vent their xenophobic tendencies. You know one thing? I noticed that the contrary happens if there is a positive thread started regarding Nigeria, the thread will mysteriously vanish.

Now that is just plain "bad belle",
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by allure1(f): 9:07pm On Aug 05, 2011
Am gon be in stitches if i dnt stop laffinf. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Fhemmmy: 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2011
This is like WW4 oh
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by okadaman2: 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2011
londoner:

@Gbawe, my boyfriend is Ghanaian, so I started frequenting the site to at least make an effort, lol  

At first I wanted to fine you, but on a second thought, I want you to give that ghanaboy 8 Nigerian babies  grin

Afterall they said Ghana is matrilineal so the kids are still Nigerians, if a Nigerian man marries a Ghanaian the kids will be Nigerian, if na Nigerian woman, the kids are still Nigerian.

Either way Ghana is FuuCkeed grin

We will depopulate that country embarassed
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Fhemmmy: 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^^ Take am easy now . . .
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Martass: 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
londoner:

I just check in there when I am checking in on NL. They dislike Nigerians there man, except very few and even when they don't seem to dislike us, just scratch the surface you will usually see it.

I was in Ghana for seven weeks between April and June. Even when they know you are not a 419er/armed robber etc, as long as you are Nigerian the subtle insults come. I couldn't wait to leave, although I also met some good people.

My baby lives in Ghana and has a job there, but because of their attitude towards Nigerians I may have to let the relationship go, because I refuse to live there and put up with it. It proved far too isolating for me.

There are many types of forums, there are those serious minded people would not go and Casualforum is one of them. Nasty things are said there everytime and this should tell you the sort of patronage that goes on there.

On Ghana web the forum for decent discourse is http://sil.ghanaweb.com/  

That's not to say you would not get occasional waywardness .

Don't give up on your boyfriend,  keep loving him, its all good.  wink wink kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by aribisala0(m): 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2011
Gbawe:

Nairalanders , take it easy on Ghanaians . They don't deserve the 'armored tank' type of treatment Ricky Ross is coming with.  This thread is nothing but sheer entertainment for Nigerians who truly know Ghana . With the noise of Ghanaians , in cyberspace, you would think they invented civilization.

Sadly, the reality is very different. Step into Ghana and the blast of neo-colonialist air that greets you is immediately nauseating . Ghana is a place where the indigenes are totally subjugated , within their own border ,  because most Ghanaian folks encourage this with how they make it very obvious that they instinctively trust and see more good in anyone fair skinned. A most reprehensible form of self-hatred indeed . The worst Western miscreant and perverts are 'retiring' in Ghana today because the country is a "can't-do-no-wrong-paradise" for them. We have our challenges in Nigeria but it is only self-hating Nigerians , with no actual knowledge of Ghana, who would think we are worse off.
bawee i can see you at it again! jakande school graduate .are we talkin about the same nigeria playground of the vaswani brothers or chougarys,where germans set dogs on workers or have white only canteens ,please we are all the same all over africa in bending over for foreigners .
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by NattyShock: 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2011
if 2 Persons from Ghana's small 24million Population can cause this kinda outburst from a quite number of  Nigeria's 160million people then u guys have a serious problem, and the Song have been MISUNDERSTOOD and MISCONTRUED. Whats wrong with a Lil West Africa rivalry? Catch the Humor and the Message. but if u cant catch none of them just leave it as it and stop this WW4,
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by okadaman2: 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2011
Fhemmmy:

^^^ Take am easy now . . .

Ok bros. grin
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by hercules07: 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2011
Gbawe chill out, stuff like this should not be taken seriously.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by okadaman2: 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2011
NattyShock:

if 2 Persons from Ghana's small 24million Population can cause this kinda outburst from a quite number of  Nigeria's 160million people then u guys have a serious problem,  and the Song have been MISUNDERSTOOD and MISCONTRUED. Whats wrong with a Lil West Africa rivalry? Catch the Humor and the Message. but if u cant catch none of them just leave it as it and stop this WW4,

There's no WW4, it's all good fun, the song will be forgotten by tomorrow, but today, Ghana must bow (go) grin
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by jmaine: 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2011
Okada man no go use laff kill me . . .oboy take your time oo! . .i don dey get belle ache on top too much lavin . . . .
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 9:34pm On Aug 05, 2011
hercules07:

Gbawe chill out, stuff like this should not be taken seriously.

I can't agree with you because , sadly , I know the reality , all too glaring, on the ground. In any case , it is time we black folks come to understand that ugly discrimination is something not only 'whitey' must be condemned for. Can you honestly tell me you would be 'chilled' if a white person says "thank god I am not black"?
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by londoner: 9:36pm On Aug 05, 2011
Martass:

There are many types of forums, there are those serious minded people would not go and Casualforum is one of them. Nasty things are said there everytime and this should tell you the sort of patronage that goes on there.

On Ghana web the forum for decent discourse is http://sil.ghanaweb.com/  

That's not to say you would not get occasional waywardness .

Don't give up on your boyfriend,  keep loving him, its all good.  wink wink kiss kiss kiss kiss

@Martass, whether it is casual forum, news, blog, sport EVEN recipe section, lol the mention of anything Nigerian and the thread descends into a caustic barrage of insults. It may not be as frequent as it was before, but it is still there.

Its not about me loving my boyfriend, I love my country and my Naija (family) people too.

My boyfriend is someone that will rather suggest I let the insults fly over my head, rather than defend my right not to be insulted.

@okada-man, If we have kids they will be just as much Ghanaian as Nigerian and I would not want it any other way.

I have no friend or family in Ghana and I really cant afford not to have my partner in my corner.

Erm, maybe this is TMI on my part, lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu / "Reported Release Of Kabiru Sokoto: Hatred For President Buhari Taken Too Far" / "Defeat Me With Superiority Of Your Argument Not With AK47" - Nnamdi Kanu To PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.