Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,902 members, 7,810,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

"Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers (42858 Views)

It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / Violent Fulani Herdsmen Are Not Nigerians – Police IGP, Arase / We're Not Politicians, Stop Inviting Us To Improtu Meetings....ogun Obas To Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 05, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lol. This was kind of funny grin

As someone said earlier, i guess they think that naija=yorubaland.

In any case, much better to be Nigerian than Ghanaian  smiley

Someone has a name. se ko si? smiley
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:32am On Aug 05, 2011
Good Comedy. lollz This Ghanians, do have a sense of humor. We should get the artist to perform dat, at one of our national events. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by ektbear: 7:32am On Aug 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Someone has a name. se ko si? smiley

Hehe, not at the top of my game right now. . . memory/cognition a little poor  grin
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Jakumo(m): 7:34am On Aug 05, 2011
That second video made by American high school kids was in VERY good taste.   They were obviously concerned about the flaring of gas in the Niger Delta, and about Chevron's involvement in that environmental destruction.  Note the verse about catching rotten fish in oil polluted waters of the Niger Delta.    

The music was cool to :  " I want to see my name in gas flare lights, oh yeah"

Considering that the male singer looked a bit like a skinhead, believe me the lyrics to that song could have been a LOT more offensive.

With regards to the lyrics of the Ghanaian song, I have heard Nigerians make FAR more corrosive comments about their own nation and nationals, so chill, folks, stop being so thin skinned, and enjoy the music, knowing full well that many of the points made in those verses are valid and sadly true.

By way of just one example, Nigerians DO have a global reputation for being amusingly pompous, and for talking in EXTREMELY loud voices, so yes, they are ridiculed by the rest of the world for that very abrasive behavior, therefore why get all hot and bothered simply because the obvious is being pointed out by someone other than a fellow Nigerian ?

I wanna be a Nigerian, so friggin bad ha ha ha
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 05, 2011
LMAO!
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
perhaps next up will be somalian or eritrean youths singing about not being us.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by eminemkayc: 2:30pm On Aug 05, 2011
[size=20pt]We need rappers to hit & spit back at this claptrap track. . . [/size]
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^^^^^
No! it will be a digrace & childish if we do such! we better ignore his envy.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Princek12(m): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2011
Nigeria must be the envy of Africans; for example, a Ghanaian wasted precious time to make a song about thanking God they are not Nigerians. I perceive the song as a compliment to Nigerians, rather than mockery, for it shows we Nigerians are proud of our culture.

See Ghanaian movies and you will notice how hard they try to be foreign. For example, the names of the actresses and actors are usually foreign, and they speak with fake American accents. Make those Ghanaians go sit down with their self esteem and inferiority complex issues.

Nigerians are not on the same level with Ghanaians. God has made one the head.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Owugal(f): 2:43pm On Aug 05, 2011
Thank God I am Nigerian.  I mean God forbid I wear armani when I can wear my big arse gele and iro and buba.

Also, burgers are considered trash food even in the countries that own their origin so why would I choose that over the food of kings, Pounded Yam and Efo.

Third, I look better in native. custom native wear. so thank god I am nigerian.  
why must I whisper like I was born a rat, or mouse. shout it out, dont intimidate me, Thank god I am nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by kizito96(m): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2011
I live in Canada, i heard so much about Ghana, so i decided to route my ticket through Accra. I stayed in Accra for 2 days and asked my host to take me around Accra, i was disappointed, i asked myself why the hoola baloo about Ghana, nothing special. I went to watch a movie at the Shoprite. I discovered that it is Silverbird that is operating the theater. Nothing spectacular. Their Airport is nothing to write home about. My host took me to the villages, it was an eye sore. I hurried back to Lagos. If we could get the Power sector going, we would have little or no problems as other things will follow. The so called constant electricity is for the rich. many home use television to light their house as the cost is beyond the reach of the poor. There is no comparison with Nigeria.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by stagger: 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2011
Extremely funny that there is so much inferiority complex among other Africans.

Nigerians are the best and a typical Nigerian is ten times smarter than a Ghanaian and South African put together. We know it, they know it and the world knows it.

Oh, and Ghanaian food? The most Bleep.d up stuff u can ever eat. UGGHHHH! tongue
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Ysol(m): 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2011
i guess these stupid Ghanian Singers wan used Nija they popular but this na big time error.

Moreover Nollywood is number three in the world,i hardly know what there movie industry called, maybe Ghaniwood.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Rgp92: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2011
They got too much time undecided Why dont they use that time to fix Ghana instead :S
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by blank(f): 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ysol:

i guess these silly Ghanian Singers wan used Nija they popular but this na big time error.

Moreover Nollywood is number three in the world,i hardly know what there movie industry called, maybe Ghaniwood.

Or Gollywood, pukes.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Fhemmmy: 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2011
I beg, leave our Nigerians alone oh . . . .  i wonder how the world would look like without Nigerians . . . . probably boring.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Martass: 3:00pm On Aug 05, 2011
Lord have mercy; looks like nobody is using their heads anymore. One ill-informed dumbass Ghanaian writes a stuupid song about Nigeria and Nigerians here want to start a 4th world war.

Use your heads folks, and don't just go rampaging because of the stuupid actions of only one person.

Looks like I'm beginning to understand why strife easily happens in Nigeria. Very sad.  
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shadrach77: 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2011
but the song sounds very nice! sentiments apart grin grin grin catchy tune! and one more thing, they say it's a gospel band so what has discrimination got to do with christianity ?
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 05, 2011
imagine ghana
wetin person no go see.
like somebody said they are just trying to achieve cheap popularity and unfortunately they are somehow succeeding.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by beautylash: 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2011
Am liking this ghana boy, can anyone show me a link to download the audio, these guys self do dey eat burger or classified burger as ghanian food, they did not mention amala and gbegiri, they would have sold million
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by lwise(m): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I cant stop laughing at those little rats singing,their brothers are the one shining my shoes every Sarturday.
I guess the artist must be a glorified cobbler !
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Arosa(m): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2011
Why are these Ghanaians insulting Liberia?
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by JimmyBoy1: 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2011
Obviously, some people are jealousing us despite all our challnges.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by russellino: 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2011
Sentiments aside, this is a very very funny song. I know the artiste his name is Kubolor Wanlov. He does rap/comedy
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by SisiKill1: 3:23pm On Aug 05, 2011
Rotflmao! What's with the righteous indignation sweeping this thread?

Like what they said is a lie. . .don't y'all shout and order 15 meat for one okele of iyan? cheesy cheesy
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2011
I am sorry for the singers. I can see they know Nigeria so well probably more than they know Ghana. anyway, what is there to know about it. I can bet the singers have always wished to be a citizen of giant of Africa all their life. to add salt to injury some governors deported a couple of them to thier wretched homeland where they would give anything to be away from. o ma she o.
it's so shameful that they allow thier inferiority complex to drive them to this extent.
fela anikulapo is one of our many legends. tell me how many you have.
is it that bastard kofi Annan that connived with the west to kill MKO or who else. mad people, they prefer Armani over agbada. I always know the ghanians always consider themselves less human than anything in white flesh even thier dogs.
GHANA MUST GO
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Syenite(m): 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
I don't like Ghanaians. They are a pain in the ass to Nigeria.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by vocalist(f): 3:36pm On Aug 05, 2011
This things called Ghanaian will never cease to engross me, an adage says “when you want to spoil a beautiful person and there is  nothing to use, the only thing to tell the person is dat you ar too beautiful or handsome, dat is wat the Ghanaian has jst done,  they don't have anything to tell Nigeria at all, whether then like am or not, we remain the giant of Africa. period, dat song does not make any sense at all, that shows dat there are a lot of illiterates in Ghana.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Sicherheit(m): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2011
Is this for real? undecided
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2011
Hilarious stuff. especially the reactions of you folk here. Get over yourselves.  First of, this group like to induce comedy in their songs. Especially Wanlov. It's called satirical rap.

Second of, we have a saying in Ghana. "if a foreigner learns to insult very well, a local must have thought him" think about that.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by oludashmi(f): 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2011
The thread is full of inferiority complex and grammatical errors.

Thank God we are not a Ghanaians!! Queen Elizabeth would have banned us by now.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by shesi(m): 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2011
Some of you seem too worked up about this song? i wonder why? hits too close to home?

ghanaians are envious of us, ghanaians are placcid white arse lickers, ghanaians speak in fake american accents, ghanaians this, ghainaians that.

what is the difference between the above statements you are all repeating and the lyrics of the song you are so worked up about?
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by linkin8k(m): 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2011
Please has anyone in here tasted a ghanain dish!? OMG! That is the worst thing to do. Their soup will make you throw up! No joke, their food is horrible.

The only thing i respect about ghana is how easily you can bed their girls;-)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu / FG Seizes Oil Blocs From Kola Abiola, Others / Governor Okowa Celebrates Neo And Dorathy For “Avoiding Controversy” In BBNaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.