Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook (12349 Views)

Jamos Can't Cook. / Yoruba Girls Can't Cook / ~Are There Really Women Who Can't Cook . . .?~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by segoye2(m): 10:48am On Jun 18, 2007
Well, love is all that matters,
Since no one is perfect,
And because you can't get a perfect match on earth,
Everyone has to beat his partner into the best tool he/she wanted him/her, though is pretty hard, but just like the iron, the results are always great.
So, if you love her, you could spend time working on teaching her the cooking aspect.
Moreover, just like Seun said, it is better to have a woman full of potentials to having a woman that is high time liability.
Food is not the 80 percent area of marriage, is just, some few necessity of it all.

@ Thread Author,
Is pretty great to contribute on such a wonderful topic, keep the good words moving.

Cheers,

Segoye2
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by moondust(m): 4:07pm On Jun 18, 2007
I'll have her enrolled into a catering school smiley
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by benit(f): 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2007
If she cant cook, simply teach her or send her for coaching. But if she wont cook, go for fast food or go to the kitchen
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nossycheek(f): 4:13pm On Jun 19, 2007
Why should a woman not be able to cook? where was she when the mother was cooking and why should a man be made to eat food bought from fast foods or buka because a woman cannot cook.

If she can't cook, send her back to her mum to learn that. pronto!
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nossycheek(f): 4:18pm On Jun 19, 2007
@Emad
vickybabe thunder fire u for that statement

Why the attack, abi you no sabi cook? Pls wisen up.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Raymo(m): 6:02pm On Jun 20, 2007
Firstly, remember marriage is not holiday,secondly, your background and culture, again it all depends on the individual, there are some men that love eating out in that case the should go ahead! we support them. For me i think a woman should know how to make his man happy and part of it is for the man not to be hungry, Please think before you talk.
Entry Qualification for wife's under option [B]
(i) Must know how to cook or willing to learn.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by wedeoh(m): 11:03pm On Jun 29, 2007
well i don't buy d idea of a girl of marriage age not being ale 2 cook not even d simplest meal my GOD not in dis era.my guy wey dey say una go dey eat strawberry.plssssssssssss.stop decieving urself ,4 how long would dat one last.my dear.
well i wld enroll her 4 a catering school while we are still dating.dat is d little favour i can do 4 her. but if there is no positive turn out 'make she go meet her mama because to cook no dey her blood'
d guy dat sys he wld eat out ,wat of if ur frinds come around wat wld u do always take thm out bros 4 how long.PLS WE SHLD TRY TO B AFRICANS HERE NOT,
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Ndipe(m): 10:50pm On Apr 19, 2008
Nna, you gotta know how to cook, or no marriage. Forget the American lingo here.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by lucabrasi(m): 11:13pm On Apr 19, 2008
ill support her and give all necessary help in getting her to learn,and my reasons are not because i want a woman to cook for me and bla bla,but because i know im settling down in nigeria even before marriage and i hate the idea of having strangers invading my privacy i.e househelp,cook,washerman e.t.c and prefer just me and my wife doing most stuffs in the house and maybe just a washerman
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by elizabetta(f): 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2008
Try and teach her or get someone to teach her.everything about life is learning.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by rubi(f): 5:45pm On May 12, 2008
If your wife to be can't cook and the man employs a cook there is no problem but let the man not blame the woman when bank account start turning red. There is a big difference b/w honey food is ready and "OGA AND MADAM COME CHOP"
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by davidif: 5:01am On May 19, 2008
@poster
I know a naija guy too who dumped a pretty girl because she couldn't cook because you have a degree and a career does not mean you should neglect your domestic duties as that is a westernized way of thinking, i know many Africans living at home and abroad where the wife still cook. Like they say in Africa, Charity begins at home, our culture raises our daughters up to be mothers and wifes and that includes being educated and having a career because a lot of guys don't want to have a free loader feeding off them like that. Also since the wife is not a slave but a helper and a partner,  the husband should help her out if she needs help in the kitchen or around the house. So like they say, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, why marry a wife if you are going to be eating at subway or micky dees (mcdonalds) everyday, the wife is totally useless.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by freesmile(f): 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2008
^
Blah blah.

Thank God for frozen foods, easily microwaveable, restaurants, take outs and delivery places. After spending your money on such for a while one would finally sit down and learn to cook. Abegi, there are so many other things to worry about in a partner than their inability to cook
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by fayahsoul: 12:09am On Jan 04, 2009
First of all, when a question is directed to a particular gender and you happen to be an opposite sex of that gender being addressed, don't make any futile attempt at answering. In doing so, you make ridiculous statements along the lines of: "if i were a man or if i were a woman, i will do so and so". That's an absurd thing to say.

2) Similarly, it doesn't make sense to make statements such as: "if my wife-to-be can't cook but wants to learn how to." This is nonsensical because if she truely wanted to learn, or has any passion in cooking, then her not knowing how to cook wouldn't be an issue since she would have learnt how to do so sometime in the past. And even if she claims to have some interest, or you succeed in convincing her to do so, she will not learn how to make any descent meal because the passion to cook is lacking.

3) And to all those talking mess about how "ambitious" or "goal oriented" females are the most desirable for marriage, to this i say that women should first make a difference in their respective communities before dreaming about changing the world. Women should learn to work together as a group in their various communities by joining heads and hands to contrive ways and means of providing emotional support as well as instruments that help boost the self esteem and confidence of the young ones in their communities. The aggregate effect of such effort will be strickingly noticeable on a national level.

4) A woman that can't cook can be likened to a hummer without a steering; you can touch, feel and see it all you want but that relationship won't go far.

5) Eating is, or ought to be, a sacred thing and a nourishing meal demands time, attention and lots of love.

A woman that can't cook is half a woman and therefore not marriageable. [size=16pt]I'm out!![/size]
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by JJYOU: 12:36am On Jan 04, 2009
poverty is a mind thing
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by TOYOSI20(f): 2:35am On Jan 04, 2009
freesmile:

^
Blah blah.

Thank God for frozen foods, easily microwaveable, restaurants, take outs and delivery places. After spending your money on such for a while one would finally sit down and learn to cook. Abegi, there are so many other things to worry about in a partner than their inability to cook

ROFLMAO!!!!!

True, and to the topic, i say its never to late to learn and u

both can learn to cook together too, cook together, that way u both

cant complain on whether or not the food is good or bad. . . . . . .
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Dede1(m): 11:34am On Jan 04, 2009
A wife-to-be who can not cook will cease to be a wife-to-be period.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by sexyLeamon(f): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2009
then the husband learn how to cook grin
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Dede1(m): 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2009
sexyLeamon:

then the husband learn how to cook grin

No. The would-be-husband seeks for another would-be-wife. The reality is that the beat goes on.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by ChinenyeN(m): 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2009
No. It wouldn't work out for me, unless she is willing to learn to cook before we are married. If she isn't willing to learn, then I will find another wife-to-be. I like food, alot (I'm not a fan of eating out. I was raised on home-cooked meals, and I will die on home-cooked meals). I can cook pretty well myself though, but I won't marry a woman that cannot cook as good, if not better than me.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by JJYOU: 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2009
ChinenyeN:

No. It wouldn't work out for me, unless she is willing to learn to cook before we are married. If she isn't willing to learn, then I will find another wife-to-be. I like food, alot (I'm not a fan of eating out. I was raised on home-cooked meals, and I will die on home-cooked meals). I can cook pretty well myself though, but I won't marry a woman that cannot cook as good, if not better than me.
life as we know it is changing fast sir
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by H2O2: 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2009
ChinenyeN:

yeah i can't do fast food.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by onyinye2(f): 10:53pm On Jan 04, 2009
ChinenyeN:

Gini!!! angry Tufiakwa. Chukwu mere I ebere. As if you can't cook for yourself.

Iwe na ewe'm. angry angry
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by H2O2: 12:56am On Jan 05, 2009
onyinye2:

Kedu Nne, ogini? If the man wants good food from his wife let him have it, biko.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:59am On Jan 05, 2009
@ topic

After so much reflection I have come to realize that men don't refuse to cook because they feel too superior but because they think it's just part of how a woman shows she cares for her man.

My boyfriend cooks and I don't look at him as being inferior. On the contrary I am flattered that he is ready to satisfy my whim to eat a particular meal. I know the "woman should do this and that" can sometimes derive from a sexist mindset but often it can also be part of a healthy way of dating.

Don't you want a partner who cares and is prepared for any type of situation? A man has the right to want a good cook just like a woman also has the right to want a man who can fend for the family.

Why must every man's demand be seen as sexist, while the woman's is a sign of emancipation? Aren't we a little bit prejudicial?
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by tanwiz: 1:03am On Jan 05, 2009
then d wife is useless as a rag
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by H2O2: 1:03am On Jan 05, 2009
michelin89:

@ topic

After so much reflection I have come to realize that men don't refuse to cook because they feel too superior but because they think it's just part of how a woman shows she cares for her man.

My boyfriend cooks and I don't look at him as being inferior. On the contrary I am flattered that he is ready to satisfy my whim to eat a particular meal. I know the "woman should do this and that" can sometimes derive from a sexist mindset but often it can also be part of a healthy way of dating.

Don't you want a partner who cares and is prepared for any type of situation? A man has the right to want a good cook just like a woman also has the right to want a man who can fend for the family.

Why must every man's demand be seen as sexist, while the woman's is a sign of emancipation? Aren't we a little bit prejudicial?
I agree with some of what you have said here girl.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 05, 2009
tanwiz:

then d wife is useless as a rag

No! You were a useless egg which shouldn't have been fertilized in the first place.

Mind your tongue and if you can't say anything sensible, stay out!
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by netotse(m): 1:12am On Jan 05, 2009
@michelin89
am really feeling ur reply, makes me want to cook for my girlfriend(well for the next one sha)
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by ChinenyeN(m): 3:54am On Jan 05, 2009
JJYOU:

life as we know it is changing fast sir
Does that change anything? I'm sure there are women in this world that have all the important qualities I'm looking for (including that she can cook as good, if not better than me). Just because the world is changing doesn't mean that I have to change with something as minute as cooking. It shouldn't even be an issue. She just has to know how to cook [and well] like my mother. Come to think of it, I may even put up a formal request to her and her parents, asking her to live with my mother for some time before we marry. . .   smiley That way she can incorporate her and my family's cooking style into her own style of cooking that will be superb.  cool As I said before, I won't marry that wife-to-be, if she cannot cook and isn't willing to learn how. If she is willing to learn how, then there will be no problem. If not, then I will find someone else.

onyinye2:

Nwantakiri nwaanyi ebidokwala ozo  angry. . . Ihe m kwuru o gbasara gi? O bu gi bu onye m gaje ilu? I tochabeghi, gi abia noro ebea na-aba mba. Biko gaa choo oche. Nodu ani. Ekwekwala ka m gwaa gi okwu.  angry biko ezi nne ewela iwe. By the way, you're Igbo is getting better. I gbaliala. I na asu ya otu i ji na-ede ya?

H2O2:

Kedu Nne, ogini? If the man wants good food from his wife let him have it, biko.
Thank you, sah.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by tRoOE(f): 6:17am On Jan 05, 2009
What's the big deal if she can't cook
either he teaches her how to do or shut his trap
why can't he take over the kitchen duty, and plz don't tell me is not an African thing
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by imef(m): 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2009
onyinye2:

l believe most NA can't cook bt does dat hav been home @ dea early stage can

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wait!! Before You Marry That Your Igbo Girlfriend, You Have To Read This!! / Top 10 Of The Richest Kings In Nigeria (2019) And Their Cars / Ogun Ti Akoba Fe Ki Okunrin Tabi Obinrin Loju Miran Leyin Eni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.