Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook (12350 Views)

Jamos Can't Cook. / Yoruba Girls Can't Cook / ~Are There Really Women Who Can't Cook . . .?~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nikinash(f): 1:55pm On Feb 24, 2006
If my wife to be can't cook, I will send her to catherine school! why catherine and not ngozi? grin

cooking is very easy, any woman who wants to retain her man will learn because lets face it you can't eat out every day and somedays you really want to be by yourselves in the house so the cook thing may not owrk plus my man just has not had a proper meal until he eats mine wink
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by ocho(f): 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2006
nikinash:

If my wife to be can't cook, I will send her to catherine school!  why catherine and not ngozi? grin
lol lol
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by pluto04(m): 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2006
I can eat anything in as much as it is not salty. That my wife will not like cooking at all, not even occasionally? That one no go work o! Cooking is not as important as love in marriage but it sure is one the things that keeps it going. If she doesn't know how to cook, then she must be ready to learn. I'll be very happy to teach her. I won't buy it if she says she doesn't want to cook at all. Make she make bad meal. We go chop am like that.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Free(f): 5:28pm On Feb 24, 2006
If she doesn't know how to cook, then she must be ready to learn. I'll be very happy to teach her.

why all you guys sayin i will be happy to teach her,
so all ya'll know how to cook am guessing!!!
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nikinash(f): 5:40pm On Feb 24, 2006
why all you guys sayin i will be happy to teach her,
so all ya'll know how to cook am guessing!!!

my husband cooks wink and my father taught me how to make amala grin
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by asanga(m): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2006
I will take her to my mum who is one of the best cooks around and we will live happily ever after.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Free(f): 5:44pm On Feb 24, 2006
I will take her to my mum who is one of the best cooks around and we will live happily ever after.

da end!!! cheesy
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Rhodalyn(f): 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2006
da beginning grin grin grin grin
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Seun(m): 7:09pm On Feb 24, 2006
That will be the beginning of trouble, because your mom will make the wife feel so worthless because she can't cook so well, and at the end of the day she will move in with you and drive away your wife!
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 24, 2006
lipsrsealed
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Skidoc(m): 10:03pm On Feb 24, 2006
There is no skill that cannot be learnt except if the learner is not willing to. I will simply teach her because me, myself and I am a good cook. kiss Ladies, I invite you to my house for a treat and you will bite your tongues.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Free(f): 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by luridguy(m): 10:06pm On Feb 24, 2006
Seun:

That will be the beginning of trouble, because your mom will make the wife feel so worthless because she can't cook so well, and at the end of the day she will move in with you and drive away your wife!

undecided

how now, what kind of mother is that , then ill send her to her own mother at least her mother will know how to cook

by the way is there any lady , woman, female or mother in nairaland who cannot cook    talk now so we can give you online cooking lessons tongue  grin
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Skidoc(m): 10:09pm On Feb 24, 2006
Yeah you better talk. I the naughty chef will teach you some skills. While you are learning how to cook, we can also open the door to the next place beside my kitchen to learn some bedmatic skills.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by ocho(f): 11:08pm On Feb 24, 2006
kaiiiiii!!!!! cheesy
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 25, 2006
cheiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii cheesy
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by raldsfield(m): 1:52am On Feb 25, 2006
Well it is simple, good food will bring your man home.

So wifey go to ebay and get a cooking book, i want my wife's food

to taste different from the one i, my mother, my sisters cook oh. she needs her own style.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by dozief(m): 12:25pm On Feb 25, 2006
If she cant cook , let her be sure of going back to her father because there is a saying which says that "women education ends in the kitchen" if she cant cook that means she is useless and is going back to her parents. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Seun(m): 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2006
Well I think I am tired of meeting women whose education really doesn't go much beyond the kitchen. I wanna meet finance ministers now.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by ocho(f): 6:20am On Feb 26, 2006
dozie.f:

If she can't cook , let her be sure of going back to her father because there is a saying which says that "women education ends in the kitchen" if she can't cook that means she is useless and is going back to her parents. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
useless? shocked c'mon now! undecided
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by DarkNight1(m): 8:23am On Feb 26, 2006
Well - she will learn as i will teach her, I dont think its too big a deal, unless she no wan learn, na there yawa go start.

cheesy
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Fimmy(m): 10:59am On Feb 26, 2006
well if she cant cook then i do the cooking and she simply learn from me
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by IAH(f): 11:00am On Feb 26, 2006
dozie.f:

If she can't cook , let her be sure of going back to her father because there is a saying which says that "women education ends in the kitchen" if she can't cook that means she is useless and is going back to her parents. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dozie, na wa for you o. I'm not surprised sha because your name says it all. I already know that's how you guys from that side think towards women.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by IAH(f): 11:02am On Feb 26, 2006
hayo:

Seun, I feel you but I believe there are still very intelligent and ambitious young women who still understand the simple principle - make your husband happy.
And one of those ways is to provide good meals for the family,  it is just a natural process that can't be over-emphasised. I don't fault your philosophy about eating out and having chefs, but you will need more than chefs when your wife can't cook - I am sure she also won't know other things and you will need a housegirl which in itself is a risk. Housegirls lure husbands, though some don't fall for the trick but they can also be bad influence on the kids. I prefer my house to be strictly me and my nuclear family. And do you think men are that lazy - no some of us are domesticated and believe me if we also want to leave our responsibilities like making sure power supply is in the house, keeping the lawn mowed, fixing all sorts of things, then we will have to hire a retinue of workers in the house.
For me, I will marry an intelligent, goal-getting babe who is also domesticated and I will make sure I help her in chores and do mine too. Some things are for men to fix in the house, period!

Wow! Hayo is a nice man! cheesy cheesy
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Seun(m): 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2006
My problem with most "intelligent and goal getting babes" is that with all their education the only goals they have are:
- To look good so men can admire them.
- To get married to a succesful man.
- To have children for the successful man.
- To cook food for this successful man.
- To take care of the house and children for the successful man.
- To regularly manipulate the successful man into helping her with this boring, boring dry ambitions!

I'm asleep.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by kimba(m): 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2006
if my wife-to-be-cant-cook, that wont be a problem to me, u know the days when a food-cookable wife is necessity is major requirement is far spent and gone.

with the presence of Mr Biggs and a few others, fast-food for me is the order of the day. of course, i need to have the money anyway.

On the other hand, i think my wife will love me more if i teach her how to cook, especiallly the fact that im a professional in egunsi soup.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by DivineOke(f): 9:41pm On Feb 26, 2006
Seun,

U be correct guy. I dey trip 4 ur philosophy. keep it up
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by love11: 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2006
I can cook, i'm a Nigeria girl who can cook very good.

If a woman can't cook is not good. example your husband or boyfriend came home for work he willing to eat something, and you tell you can't cook sad.

I think any woman that can't cook should learn for mom or go to cooking school. With this your man will love you more.

Very women should cook in their homes.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Free(f): 3:59am On Mar 03, 2006
Very women should cook in their homes.

tell it ma sista cheesy cheesy wink
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by kajad(m): 8:09am On Mar 04, 2006
i go marry all of una wey sabi cook!
i got enough love to go round! grin kiss
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by buckeye(m): 9:29am On Mar 04, 2006
for me oo, i cann cook but i dont like to cook, so if my wife to be cant cook at least she, should be willing to learn, if not, na yawa oo.

kimba:

with the presence of Mr Biggs and a few others, fast-food for me is the order of the day. of course, i need to have the money anyway.

i dey pity u while shaking my head
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Grizzly(m): 9:57am On Mar 04, 2006
My dad cooks as good as, if not better than my mum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wait!! Before You Marry That Your Igbo Girlfriend, You Have To Read This!! / Top 10 Of The Richest Kings In Nigeria (2019) And Their Cars / Ogun Ti Akoba Fe Ki Okunrin Tabi Obinrin Loju Miran Leyin Eni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.