Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook (12351 Views)

Jamos Can't Cook. / Yoruba Girls Can't Cook / ~Are There Really Women Who Can't Cook . . .?~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by ChinenyeN(m): 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2009
KarmaMod:

Chinyere, I believe JJYOU was just sharing his own persoonal experience. Why get all defensive and write a sermon?

Most of his comment was a general one about the topic. Second time you think someone's making a thread about you. Sheesh. ego?
Ehmm. . . ok. . . ? If his comment was generally about the topic, then let him indicate as such. His post seemed in response to my post, so I responded back. How does that indicate that I have an ego problem? Oh, and I did go back and reread my post. It does kind of sound defensive. That wasn't what I was going for at all. I was actually trying to be inquisitive. This means I'll have to start restructuring my posts, because I'm not a defensive person. I'd really hate to sound like one, too.

JJYOU:

thank you my dear. some people never cease to amaze me. he is fighting for his human right to eat home cooked meals like his life depends on it. i daily eat home cooked meals myself it is no big deal.
Think again. I'm not fighting for my right to eat home-cooked meals. I'm responding to why people are making it seem like it is a crime to want a wife who can cook? That is what I'm curious about. I said a wife that doesn't know how to cook won't work for me (unless she is willing to learn <-- I guess everyone skipped over that part).

JJYOU:

copy and paste here the invitation for you to tag along. stop stressing yourself over other peoples business. look for a good cook by all means and good luck in your search
What do you mean? After I made my first post, you tell me that the world is changing fast. I then say that I needn't follow the world and change as well, just because it [the world] is changing.  In your following response you tell me about your wife and your mother, and I reply good for you as well, stating that I don't see how wanting a wife who cooks makes the wife less of a person. I then ask if it is a crime to want a wife who can cook. Now, you come and tell me that I'm stressing myself over other people's business. What exactly do you mean by that? I actually asked a question that I would like an answer to. So I'm asking you specifically JJYOU, is it a crime to want a wife who can cook as good, if not better than I? Is there something wrong in wanting a wife who can cook at all?
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by JJYOU: 11:57pm On Jan 06, 2009
Leilah:

jjyou, you must be one in a million
not true. there are many more  it is not an every day subject.
KarmaMod:

This boy think say I'm like him with his food coloring, cat food and ketchup that he calls stew.

Oniranu.
david you see yabis. you must redeem yourself from karmamod

ChinenyeN:

Ehmm. . . ok. . . ? If his comment was generally about the topic, then let him indicate as such. His post seemed in response to my post, so I responded back. How does that indicate that I have an ego problem? Oh, and I did go back and reread my post. It does kind of sound defensive. That wasn't what I was going for at all. I was actually trying to be inquisitive. This means I'll have to start restructuring my posts, because I'm not a defensive person. I'd really hate to sound like one, too.
Think again. I'm not fighting for my right to eat home-cooked meals. I'm responding to why people are making it seem like it is a crime to want a wife who can cook? That is what I'm curious about. I said a wife that doesn't know how to cook won't work for me (unless she is willing to learn <-- I guess everyone skipped over that part).
What do you mean? After I made my first post, you tell me that the world is changing fast. I then say that I needn't follow the world and change as well, just because it [the world] is changing. In your following response you tell me about your wife and your mother, and I reply good for you as well, stating that I don't see how wanting a wife who cooks makes the wife less of a person. I then ask if it is a crime to want a wife who can cook. Now, you come and tell me that I'm stressing myself over other people's business. What exactly do you mean by that? I actually asked a question that I would like an answer to. I'm asking you specifically JJYOU, is it a crime to want a wife who can cook as good, if not better than I? Is there something wrong in wanting a wife who can cook at all?
oga chill now. look for a wife first then narrow it to kitchen abilities as that is important to you. it is not important to me. it is your human right to demand whatever you want so good luck. this thread is a general thread and not about you. you are not committing crime wanting a cooking wife you will be committing crime taking this thread personal so once again i ask you to leave this matter alone. thanks for your time and enjoy your wife when you find her
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by chamotex(m): 12:13am On Jan 07, 2009
not good enough for me
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by ChinenyeN(m): 12:18am On Jan 07, 2009
JJYOU:

oga chill now. look for a wife first then narrow it to kitchen abilities as that is important to you. it is not important to me. it is your human right to demand whatever you want so good luck. this thread is a general thread and not about you. you are not committing crime wanting a cooking wife you will be committing crime taking this thread personal so once again i ask you to leave this matter alone. thanks for your time and enjoy your wife when you find her

That is all I needed. The rest was unnecessary.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by KarmaMod(f): 2:39am On Jan 07, 2009
You're rude for your age.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Moonstone(f): 2:44am On Jan 07, 2009
Na wa! A woman that can't cook can setting herself up for uncertainties. My friend's wife can't cook and somehow, they are very happy together eating her burnt stew and tasteless undone rice. It's not the end of the world. Just take her to a culinary school or something. There's more to marriage than good cooking.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by KarmaMod(f): 2:47am On Jan 07, 2009
boiled/fried onions make anything taste good.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by ChinenyeN(m): 2:48am On Jan 07, 2009
No. Not rude. Just straightforward. . . sometimes though, I'll be a bit too straightforward, but I'm just straightforward. In reality, I'm not like this. I'm more simple than just strictly straightforward. I'm only like this on Nairaland, because chances are, I'm not likely to bump into anyone here in real life. So, I needn't be soft at all with anyone here if I'm going to be discussing anything. No beating around the bush. Just make my statements and ask my questions. That's all there is to it. If you see me in real life, you'd be suprised at how different I am in reality as opposed to how I am here on Nairaland.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by KarmaMod(f): 2:56am On Jan 07, 2009
That wasnt straightforward.

It was rude.

You and your defensive sermon abi epistle and yet you are saying someone else's post was irrelevant?

Surely you jest
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by ChinenyeN(m): 3:10am On Jan 07, 2009
KarmaMod:

That wasnt straightforward.

It was rude.

You and your defensive sermon abi epistle and yet you are saying someone else's post was irrelevant?

Surely you jest
grin You're funny. I like that; epistle. smiley Anyway, I would ask you to point out where I was rude, but. . .
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by farotika(m): 8:11am On Jan 07, 2009
Moonstone:

Na wa! A woman that can't cook can setting herself up for uncertainties. My friend's wife can't cook and somehow, they are very happy together eating her burnt stew and tasteless undone rice. It's not the end of the world. Just take her to a culinary school or something. There's more to marriage than good cooking.

At least she cook however tasteless unlike our lazy KarmaMod. What a pity sad sad sad
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by KarmaMod(f): 8:17am On Jan 07, 2009
Ta lo ron omo ale yi si mi? 

Pathetic way to get my attention. Try again
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by farotika(m): 9:04am On Jan 07, 2009
KarmaMod:

Ta lo ron omo ale yi si mi?

Pathetic way to get my attention. Try again

Yeepa shocked shocked shocked Tani omo ana yi npe ni omo ale. Se o lagba nle ni Ma je ki nfi enu mi yii se epe fun e ninu odo titun o. Ole, oponu, ole ponbele ati oniranu ni o ni lati je. Bi beeko, enu e o ni maa wa roofu si agbalagba. Shiooooooooooo tongue

U need ur attention, a lazy pussy like u tongue tongue tongue
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by KarmaMod(f): 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2009
omo ale still yarning dust I see. Asinwere ti ogun idile da lamu. Now I see why papa ran away  grin

Anyway, I would ask you to point out where I was rude, but. .

why would I when you'll just deny it, again?
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by ChinenyeN(m): 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2009
KarmaMod:

why would I when you'll just deny it, again?
smiley If your claim can be justified, and it can be justly proven that I am doing nothing more than being rude, then how can I deny? If it cannot be proven that I was only [thoroughly/completely] being rude, but can also be proven that I was being nothing more than straightforward, then why must I accept the allegations?  smiley smiley C'mon KarmaMod. . . if you see something wrong, point it out. Whenever people say that I'm wrong in something, then I would like for them to tell me so that I can fix it, because I don't like being wrong. So, KarmaMod [size=4pt]abeg[/size] let me know where I am at fault.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2009
Karmamod, whats a hamzat suit? grin Never heard that before,
@Poster , as for the cooking thingie, well different strokes for different folks.
Some dont mind if their wives cant cook.
Most peeps on the other hand would mind.
Theres nothing degrading about a wife cooking for her hubby.
Anyways find what works for you and roll with it.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by ritai(f): 5:14pm On Jan 19, 2009
plz guys we do not need to be abusive or take it personal ok.this is one house where every 1 need to err his/her view on issues.we all are learned and experts in one field or the other.Karma i dont xpect you to act dis way.Women are meant to be respected no matter how faulty they re.That is why i like an Hausa men they value and care for their wives even the least marlow man.

yes you can accomodate and teach her or if even hire a chef ok to do dat.there is nothin wrong with dat in as much as there is luv.then on week ends both of u can do that 2geda.there is no woman dat doesnt no how to cook even the least food jellof rice or whatever.
in a situation where the woman is a working i suggest that the husband must accept the idea of a chef at the moment.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by echelon(m): 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2009
If she can't cook, she can't be wife-to-be in the first instance, but I fit manage if she can cook water sha grin lai lai!
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Laurnetta(f): 10:43am On Jan 21, 2009
if she can't cook, you get into the bloody kitchen
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Taken(m): 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2009
Isn't it natural anymore for females to know everything about families b4 getting married?
What if she is a single mother, would she still eat outside all the time with the infant?
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by dgreatrock(m): 8:32pm On Jan 21, 2009
so what?
if you love her and she indeed loves you, you can learn to cook together.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by dgreatrock(m): 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2009
when did the ability of a woman to cook in this modern age become a quality before marriage? agreed, the woman's ability goes a long way to help her care for her husband and kids. but other factors might have made her unable to learn the art of cookery. the best thing is for her to learn to cook immediately - for the truth remains that the way to a man's heart - her man's heart is through his mouth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wait!! Before You Marry That Your Igbo Girlfriend, You Have To Read This!! / Top 10 Of The Richest Kings In Nigeria (2019) And Their Cars / Ogun Ti Akoba Fe Ki Okunrin Tabi Obinrin Loju Miran Leyin Eni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.