Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook (12353 Views)

Jamos Can't Cook. / Yoruba Girls Can't Cook / ~Are There Really Women Who Can't Cook . . .?~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 04, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cool
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by babymine(f): 10:34am On Mar 07, 2006
Teach her! grin
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2006
Period
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by ocho(f): 4:57pm On Mar 07, 2006
@babymine: abi ooooo. cool
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Seun(m): 5:20pm On Mar 13, 2006
And what if the only food I can cook is Indomie?
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nawah(f): 5:29pm On Mar 13, 2006
A woman that does not know how to cook will probably also not know how to do other domestic work. It would be very difficult to live with such a woman.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nikinash(f): 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2006
not true
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nawah(f): 5:42pm On Mar 13, 2006
unless the husband can afford househelps etc-
In Nigeria this might still be easy.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nikinash(f): 5:50pm On Mar 13, 2006
that someone does not like cooking does not suggest that he or she will not be very good in other areas? i have a close friend who works in the bank an dher husband cooks for her and apparently enjoys it too even though sh eknows how to cook and its not just when he works late, sometimes weekends the guy just prepares delicacies for them. they been married upwards of 9 years now.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nawah(f): 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2006
Not liking to cook and not being able to cook are two different things. My husband cooks very often too. That is because there is so much to be done because we have so many kids and no househelp. So he helps me out and since he likes to cook he does that. I also get bored from always eating my food and really look forward to his cooking.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nikinash(f): 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2006
well i dont know but not being able to and not liking to would eb the same ultimately if the guy has to do the cooking most of the time. but having said that there is really nothing to cooking, if the cooking thing will definitely affect the marriage of course the babe can learn but still i dont think it has to be an issue. wink
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Grizzly(m): 1:08am On Mar 15, 2006
But wait, hold up just a minute. why shouldnt a girl not know how to cook?? We aint talking bout a 5-year-old here, we talking bout an intended bride. WTF?! that is GROSS!!
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nobody: 1:12am On Mar 15, 2006
It aint gross
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nikinash(f): 10:27am On Mar 15, 2006
of course it's not gross. its not acrime not to know how to cook. its something that can be learnt however.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Grizzly(m): 10:32am On Mar 15, 2006
C'mon niki, how can u be saying that? learn? at wut age? wut had she been doing all along? well we all got our op's tho, u got urs, i got mine, ,
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nikinash(f): 10:39am On Mar 15, 2006
there could be a thousand and one reasons why a girl may not knwo how to cook, but like i said i dont consider cooking to be somthing you have to go to a univeristy to learn. but whatever you do don't send her to your mother grin
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nawah(f): 10:45am On Mar 15, 2006
I teach my kids how to cook and my daughter is 12 and can already cook very well, infact there are some things she can even cook better than me especially all these funny things kids like to eat The same goes for the boys although there I am not quite as fussy
I cannot imagine how a woman would not know how to cook, at least the basics
My daughter-in-law is not a Nigerian, she can cook Nigerian food now, my granddaughter loves okro
IT would have been a real problem if she did not know how to cook, because my son is very fussy about his food.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Rhea(f): 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2006
It has always been said that the way to a man's heart is through the stomach.

This is not the ONLY way, but it is one of the most assured way, better than sex.

It is very very important that a woman knows how to cook. Cooking is no magic. The vital issue there is devoting the interest to learn. It doesn't take long to learn too. I will be willing to teach my wife-to-be how to cook or rather have her learn from her friends/her parents. This has to happen before marriage anyway. However I won't tolerate total disinterest in cooking or learning to. I have come across a couple of ladies like that.

How long are you going to eat outside?
Why do some men develop a thing or two for the nanny that does the cooking?

A question for the guys in the house; on a very bad day, say a hectic day at the office, would you prefer:

a tasty warm homemade dish at home
a lovely lady ready to sex you up at home
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by stormz(m): 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2006
wuldnt matter to me coz im a good cook even if i say so myself
i love cookin too
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by nikinash(f): 1:40pm On Mar 21, 2006
thank you. why does everything have to be so stereotyped anyway
who says the woman must be the one to cook? so much that it becomes "gross" not o know how to do so?
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by loriann(f): 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2006
if u love a woman and she cant do some thing at home then i guess its all bout learning u teach her she will learn.its only if she dosent want to learn that u can be a nigerian man.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by reniks(f): 11:54pm On Mar 21, 2006
If she doesn't know how to cook but would love to,then she can learn.If she is not simply interested out of lack of knowing how to cook or sheer hatred for the art then you have to decide whether you can live with her lack of cooking skillz.If u cant there's no point in marrying her.Knowing how to cook isn't that big-a-deal,its fun.Every1[man or woman]should know how to cook,even if its just for your sake alone.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nia: 7:53am On Mar 25, 2006
I'm with seun on this. I think there's more to a woman who is making good changes in the world and correcting injustice, etc,  than someone with mere culinary and domestic skills. I am a woman and I know how to cook, but I don't feel that it's my job. In my opinion, cooking is not about feeding your husband. Sharing your cooking with someone you love brings you together and shows that you care for them, which is why I feel it should be the job of both husband and wife. Sometimes my husband cooks and sometimes I cook. When we both can't, we can have take out. This way we both have more time to dedicate to our other ways of caring for other people, either saving people's lives (as a doctor), or being a good politician, (a la Okonjo-Iweala), etc,
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Bright2(m): 8:15am On Mar 25, 2006
If my woman cant cook, then marriage is allowed 2 take place but she should allow me employ a lady cook.Wit dis we can soughtout things .
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:04am On Mar 29, 2006
o boy, Man if you eating another womens food in ur house
Temptation don arouse shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by venice(f): 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2006
:-Xman see us women as their servants anyways!
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by frankiriri(m): 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2006
seun, are u a nigerian.
Food is not that important to me but still as a naija man my wife must cook or at the very least supervise the cooking. But how can she supervise what she knows nothing about. Food is not that important to me but she's has to be in charge.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by frankiriri(m): 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2006
Nia:

I'm with seun on this. I think there's more to a woman who is making good changes in the world and correcting injustice, etc,  than someone with mere culinary and domestic skills. I am a woman and I know how to cook, but I don't feel that it's my job. In my opinion, cooking is not about feeding your husband. Sharing your cooking with someone you love brings you together and shows that you care for them, which is why I feel it should be the job of both husband and wife. Sometimes my husband cooks and sometimes I cook. When we both can't, we can have take out. This way we both have more time to dedicate to our other ways of caring for other people, either saving people's lives (as a doctor), or being a good politician, (a la Okonjo-Iweala), etc, 

No matter how professional a woman is its still her duty to take care of the cooking.
If she is assisted by her husband okay but it is a priviledge and not a right .
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Seun(m): 5:18am On Nov 06, 2006
So it is your "right" to be fed by your wife, but it is a privilege for her to get your assistance? How silly!

Don't worry, a professional woman probably won't marry you after reading what you wrote. You're safe.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by ell77(f): 11:01pm On Nov 12, 2006
Hmmn I'm with Seun on this one too. If a woman does not work then by all means she should take care of the home provided there are no big reasons she can't. But being a professional does change things. For instance, someone who works 100 hours a week as a doctor whilst you do 36, do u expect her when she is at home to use that time cooking for you? She should be enjoying your company and resting - i mean if she has energy by all means but really if u wan't ur wife to live long then u should not count it as a privilege for u to cook, it should be classed as ur responsibility to look after ur wives welfare. Or do u think bringing home a cheque (when she does too) and knowing how to turn on the gen is ur only responsibility. It is about balance. Who works less should do more in the home unless the other person does not mind, it should not be by force. But pls if u guys require a woman who cooks for u don't go and follow a woman who u know is going to live a hectic life that is a professional, go and pick one village girl who did not enter university to be certain, since it is so important.

Many professional women can cook for their husband, but it should not be the reason for marrying ur wife or leaving them. I have heard u people who say hiring a house help is a temptation. I have heard u peeps who say cooking for ur man shows u love them. These points are valid - but marriage can be broken by so many things, people are complex in their nature - as I am sure u know anywayz. So if ur wife not cooking is ur only marrital issue you don hit jackpot oh! Anyway every1 should pick for them who suits them most but I think u are limiting urselfs, perhaps even downgrading!?
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by Nia: 6:13am On Nov 28, 2006
frankiriri:

No matter how professional a woman is its still her duty to take care of the cooking.
If she is assisted by her husband okay but it is a priviledge and not a right .

hmnnn, I have been away from this board for a while, so i'm just now seeing this. There's nothing that says it is a woman's "duty" to do anything except society. Men and women have been raised and conditioned to these stereotypes and ideas and anyone who wants to keep it that way is free to do so, if that's what works for them. So, my brother, if that works for you and your wife, good for you.  But my husband and i will have an understanding before we get married and he will know how to cook so we can properly share in the duties. I am his partner, not his mother and I am marrying a man not a boy.
Re: If Your Wife-To-Be Can't Cook by sammyjl(f): 9:48am On Nov 28, 2006
angryNo one ever said women are cooking machines. No one was born knowing how to do anything. Are women just mere objects suppose to do all the work in the household. I do not think so. A topic even coming from a lady, I am appauled and disgraced. A relationship is suppose to be for better for worse, so teach one another the things that you cannot do.

This topic is just utterly mere nonsense.
PUHLEEEZE!!!!!!! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wait!! Before You Marry That Your Igbo Girlfriend, You Have To Read This!! / Top 10 Of The Richest Kings In Nigeria (2019) And Their Cars / Ogun Ti Akoba Fe Ki Okunrin Tabi Obinrin Loju Miran Leyin Eni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.