Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Just One Month And He Claims He Loves Me? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Just One Month And He Claims He Loves Me? (3858 Views)

He Claims They Are No More Dating,yet The Lady Calls Like They Are Lovers / Getting Married Next Month And Nothing Interest Me About My Hubby To Be! / Signs He Loves You Even If He Doesn’t Say It Out Loud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Just One Month And He Claims He Loves Me? by OOmpa(f): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2011
based on my experience, naija men are not the romantic sort -genereally few men are. They use the romance to get the girl -in any way they need her, be it for sex, marriage, children, money, you name it. Ask any woman married for five or ten year how many romantic words she hears per month.
but one thing Nigerian men are good at is making a woman BELIEVE they are in love with her, especially if she is the idealistic, love-seeking, romantic kind.

One advice from me (and not to naijasexy, as she is quite aware of what she is doing, and he is clearly a player) when you want to find out if your man loves you is -ask him WHY.

fake love:
-because you make me feel good/special/loved
-you make my heart tremble
-you are so sweet, patient, understanding (to me)
and so on -everything that is connected to HIM, what you do to HIM and how you make HIM feel

real love:
-because you are good/original/different
-you have a big heart
-because of the way you smile when noone looks at you
-because you are loyal and loving towards your friends/family
-because you are YOU
and so on -everything connected to YOU, who you are, what you like -even if he never existed.

Of course the true love doesn't exclude the first set of options, but if it's ONLY about him, then the love is not real, even if he himself thinks it is.
Many of us love this way -selfishly, but it won't take us anywhere as it is strongly connected with expectations
Re: Just One Month And He Claims He Loves Me? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2011
OOmpa:

based on my experience, naija men are not the romantic sort -genereally few men are. They use the romance to get the girl -in any way they need her, be it for sex, marriage, children, money, you name it. Ask any woman married for five or ten year how many romantic words she hears per month.
but one thing Nigerian men are good at is making a woman BELIEVE they are in love with her, especially if she is the idealistic, love-seeking, romantic kind.

One advice from me (and not to naijasexy, as she is quite aware of what she is doing, and he is clearly a player) when you want to find out if your man loves you is -ask him WHY.

fake love:
-because you make me feel good/special/loved
-you make my heart tremble
-you are so sweet, patient, understanding (to me)
and so on -everything that is connected to HIM, what you do to HIM and how you make HIM feel

real love:
-because you are good/original/different
-you have a big heart
-because of the way you smile when noone looks at you
-because you are loyal and loving towards your friends/family
-because you are YOU
and so on -everything connected to YOU, who you are, what you like -even if he never existed.

Of course the true love doesn't exclude the first set of options, but if it's ONLY about him, then the love is not real, even if he himself thinks it is.
Many of us love this way -selfishly, but it won't take us anywhere as it is strongly connected with expectations

Thanks for the advise boo! And about what you mentioned that Nigerian men are not romantic, I second that. sad
Re: Just One Month And He Claims He Loves Me? by deniyor: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2011
The man is married with kids!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

That was quite some information to leave out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help Me Please / Your Transition From A Good Boy To A Bad Guy - Let Me Help / PIC: This Is The Lady Jay Z And Tiger Wood Cheated With.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.