Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time (34669 Views)

How I Make Beans Soup (Gbegiri) / Russians Eat Okro Soup And Eba For The First Time / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Dialpad: 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2022
Lol .... I love amala but can't just stand that stuff mixed in my ewedu

Vinnie2000:

Hmmm, The OP had this ur Mentality until Now..

Condemning a Food delicacy you have Never Tasted.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by mariahAngel(f): 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2022
babtoundey:

It's called "ABULA".

I am Yoruba but I can't eat the combination.
It's eitherr I have gbegiri or i have ewedu. Not both at once

I thought ewedu was a must that goes with either gbegiri or omi obe.
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by baretalk: 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Another non-hateful Igbo discover the delicious beauty of Yoruba cuisine. The hateful ones are still crying on the thread cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't mind them. Funny, their hatred does not stop them from migrating en masse to Yoruba land. cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Advocate500: 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2022
Why do i need the soup and amala in one plate?
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by ShaqFu: 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2022
massmediang:
I traveled to Osogbo in Osun state and tasted gbegiri soup with small ewedu and Amala for the first time. It was wonderful and I kept eating it throughout my stay in Osogbo.
Gbegiri soup is made with beans and it's a popular delicacy among Yoruba speaking people of Nigeria. Well, I tasted it for the first time and discovered that the taste is universally friendly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcNPUR788mw
You just gave Alhaja free media publicity. I hope she didn't collect money from you oh. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Phaantom22: 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
weyrey, go eat shit na
Truth is bitter bro, eat more of fresh vegetable meals n shun these oil-ladden stews called soup.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by mariahAngel(f): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2022
ednut1:
Any other yoruba man like me wey no dey chop swallow Those foods no just follow for my belle.

You no dey chop swallow? Thank God ooo! grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Soknown: 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2022
buygala:
Ewww embarassed

Every aboki with im kettle sha.
But I won't be caught dead licking that thing that looks like cat vomit sad
Wow, My friend asked me once, if Yorubas actually make ewedu with broom used in sweeping or cleaning toilet. I was surprised but then i pitied his ignorance.
Who uses broom to break up ewedu, this day and age. Blender to the rescue bro.
By the way, ewedu is Jute mallow/Jews mallow or Molochia/Molokhia and it's universally available.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Kentuforchrist(m): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2022
Amala is lovely though
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by ednut1(m): 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

You no dey chop swallow? Thank God ooo! grin
thank God for? U wanna marry me ni

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by blacknoir: 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2022
I am salivating like crqze

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by NwekereNdoki: 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2022
I for like to taste this food but the face is scaring me.

And the fact that my neighbour uses broom to make it makes me more uncomfortable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Topmaike007(m): 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2022
I hope you covered your nose... I was born and brought up in Ile ife I have never tasted this food because the way it is and the smell chineke nna even my wife that's Yoruba know she can't Cook it in my house because I won't eat it and through out that day no kissing grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by mariahAngel(f): 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2022
ednut1:
thank God for?
U wanna marry me ni

Say I don see person wey no like swallow naa.
No abegO! cheesy
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by mariahAngel(f): 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2022
Topmaike007:
I hope you covered your nose... I was born and brought up in Ile ife I have never tasted this food because the way it is and the smell chineke nna even my wife that's Yoruba know she can't Cook it in my house because I won't eat it and through out that day no kissing grin
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Soknown: 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

Is it filling?
Yes but it depends on the individual.
Looks very light to me.
Yes it is lighter than other carbohydrates
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Sharoniah(f): 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2022
The way I love this combo eeeh, nobody can separate me from it, I eat meals from different cultures, so long as it ain't poison
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by mariahAngel(f): 3:20pm On Aug 26, 2022
Soknown:

My sister said eating amala often could be the reason why Yorubas are mostly slim and age well.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by olaniyilukman(m): 3:20pm On Aug 26, 2022
wink
englishmart:
Give a Yorubba woman 5k to make soup and see her ingredients below.
Fresh Pepper 800
Cameroon pepper 400
Atarodo 300
Palm oil 1,000
Egusi 200
Vegetable 100
Kpomo 2000
Transportation 200.
Your problem still have solution, it is man made and not Natural

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Disclaimer12: 3:20pm On Aug 26, 2022
Same way some of us can't stand the stench coming from your ogiri, okpei and dawadawa, combined with akpu! Lion and elephant share the same territory but eat different food, no one begged or asked you to eat his food, some people can't eat yours as well
donforeign:
i hate this food... irritating embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by engrkaz(m): 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2022
Help me help me.....e dey carry me dey go where I love to go. Amala Gbegiri and ewedu na divine meal o.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Konjiboii: 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2022
grin I'm sorry I laugh when I saw your face,that hairline though

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by lagonovo: 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Wait till they come..

They distaste anything Yoruba!
Maybe the limited ones. Forget what you read online, it is a known fact that Emekas, Uches, etc across the land demolish amala even more expertly than a typical Yoruba. I dare you to visit any major amala place right now to verify... we go fight tire especially online, no retreat no surrender but we are still one grin

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by OriOko88(m): 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2022
buygala:
Ewww embarassed

Every aboki with im kettle sha..

But I won't be caught dead licking that thing that looks like cat vomit sad
Nobody go force u to eat it. But the way you describe what's eating by over 50m people shows ur level of idiocy,and craz stupid.ty. o ti ya werey somo sha cool

6 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by lagonovo: 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2022
Topmaike007:
Let's be real, it smells way better than akpu and that's a fact grin

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by phemmyfour: 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2022
Bunnybee:
I am not Yoruba but I sure do love amala and ewedu. The taste is superb and amala is so light weight, good for dieting.

Amala is awesome! ❤️❤️❤️
my friend was slightly diabetic and the doctor changed his diet by placing him on Amala therapy.

Few weeks later, he was free. Amala is light, with less calories compared to fufu or pounded yam

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by NohurryInLife: 3:27pm On Aug 26, 2022
Amala Alhaja ni Odi olowo cool
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by seanwilliam(m): 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2022
I must eat swallow this evening. I go find one local buka collect better ògúfe grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Ashley86400: 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2022
massmediang:
I traveled to Osogbo in Osun state and tasted gbegiri soup with small ewedu and Amala for the first time. It was wonderful and I kept eating it throughout my stay in Osogbo.
Gbegiri soup is made with beans and it's a popular delicacy among Yoruba speaking people of Nigeria. Well, I tasted it for the first time and discovered that the taste is universally friendly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcNPUR788mw

Instant foodgasm! kiss
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by NohurryInLife: 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2022
Ok12345:
Eat this at amala skye at ibadan,my brother ,you will testify
I'm sure you haven't tasted this woman's Amala. Amala Alhaja make sense die. Though sky own sef make sense, but you see this Alhaja own too ehn, it's mouth watering. E make brain & sense scatter.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Topmaike007(m): 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2022
lagonovo:

Let's be real, it smells way better than akpu and that's a fact grin
even Akpu self I no dey chop am..if you chop that thing for my side cup wey you use drink water I no go use am to be honest grin
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by koning: 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2022
Phaantom22:
Am seeing lots of oil inside the stew ,..Obviously this stew/soup is not healthy for human consumption grin

As per Öfe-nmanu" grin grin grin.

I might try Amala one day, if i can get past the colour. But that green, hydraulic soup is a bridge too far.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Big Python Killed In Rivers State / How I made Spicy Concoction Vegetable Noodles. Photos / How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.