Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time (34692 Views)

How I Make Beans Soup (Gbegiri) / Russians Eat Okro Soup And Eba For The First Time / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Soknown: 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

My sister said eating amala often could be the reason why Yorubas are mostly slim and age well.
Lolz, I can't dispute what she said. But there is no statistics to back her claim up. Amala is made up of either yam, plantain, Cocoyam or cassava. While others are dark, dark brown or golden beige, cassava is mainly white, off white or cream.
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by baby124: 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

My sister said eating amala often could be the reason why Yorubas are mostly slim and age well.
That’s right. Ewedu is extremely healthy too actually and Gbegiri is beans. This is a healthy meal with less oil. Amala is a very light swallow, even babies enjoy the combo. So, it’s good for maintaining weight. I think during processing, a lot of the starch is either not used or taken out.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by emmyluizzz: 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2022
skinnyzsam:
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!
are you hungry...??
do you need money
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by DamianX: 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2022
saintokwuluora:
Am Igbo but this is my favorite, Amala, ewedu with gbegiri. I don't joke with it.

Wonder why you guys are always seeking validations
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by PlayerMeji: 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2022
I know! I have many Igbo friends who in fact were the ones to show me some fantastic amala joints in town!

But come online, the uneducated and misinformed ones who never had any formal engagement with Yorubas would be casting aspersions on Yorubas as if they know what they are saying.

lagonovo:

Maybe the limited ones. Forget what you read online, it is a known fact that Emekas, Uches, etc across the land demolish amala even more expertly than a typical Yoruba. I dare you to visit any major amala place right now to verify... we go fight tire especially online, no retreat no surrender but we are still one grin

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by lagonovo: 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

Soknown:

Lolz, I can't dispute what she said. But there is no statistics to back her claim up. Amala is made up of either yam, plantain, Cocoyam or cassava. While others are dark, dark brown or golden beige, cassava is mainly white, off white or cream.

Yup, I think it depends on the type as you stated.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by ireneidiva(f): 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2022
sammirano:

As in.. and it will shock you those bastards eat it the most
Bastards?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by NLPoliceMann: 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
sammirano:

cc: Seun, cc: Justwise, cc: Lalasticlala, cc: Mynd44

Liberate nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by DamianX: 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2022
Thread about Yoruba food yet I can't read anything meaningful without seeing Igbo everywhere. You guys must always seek validations from the Igbos grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2022
bestman09:
grin
Very delicious food, just that I feel irritated anytime I witness how ewedu is prepared with brooms

you can use blender bro
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by okunwaye(m): 3:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
An urchin over-ran thread lipsrsealed
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by harmony75: 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2022
I love my gbagiri, ewedu in my amala yummy �

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by nedekid: 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2022
Very light, also medication for hangover.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Highlyrespected(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2022
massmediang:
I traveled to Osogbo in Osun state and tasted gbegiri soup with small ewedu and Amala for the first time. It was wonderful and I kept eating it throughout my stay in Osogbo.
Gbegiri soup is made with beans and it's a popular delicacy among Yoruba speaking people of Nigeria. Well, I tasted it for the first time and discovered that the taste is universally friendly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcNPUR788mw
I can related cos I was just left oshogbo recently..... Throughout my stays there I often go there to eat Amala + ewedu and gbegiri + assorted meats stepped it down with bottle water. I enjoyed the meal very well.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2022
englishmart:
Give a Yorubba woman 5k to make soup and see her ingredients below.
Fresh Pepper 800
Cameroon pepper 400
Atarodo 300
Palm oil 1,000
Egusi 200
Vegetable 100
Kpomo 2000
Transportation 200.

Bros, you no get joy grin grin
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Sleekfingers: 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2022
Ok12345:
Eat this at amala skye at ibadan,my brother ,you will testify

Where is amala skye located in IB,?

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Emeka71(m): 4:04pm On Aug 26, 2022
Delicious meal.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by hkidola00(m): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2022
NwekereNdoki:
I for like to taste this food but the face is scaring me.

And the fact that my neighbour uses broom to make it makes me more uncomfortable.
yes now bro..u buy as new neat broom and cut it very very short,only to be used for the soup making

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by mariahAngel(f): 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2022
baby124:

That’s right. Ewedu is extremely healthy too actually and Gbegiri is beans. This is a healthy meal with less oil. Amala is a very light swallow, even babies enjoy the combo. So, it’s good for maintaining weight. I think during processing, a lot of the starch is either not used or taken out.

It's amazing how most old Yorubas can sit on very low seats with ease.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by saintokwuluora(m): 4:16pm On Aug 26, 2022
[quote author=DamianX post=116083246]

Wonder why you guys are always seeking validations [/quote
Validation over what? It's because of guys like you...ethnic bigots
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Sleekfingers: 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2022
sammirano:

Na those our people wey dey eat fufu and eba, that's strong like olumo rock.....
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Sikiru3011: 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2022
It's a
nice delicacy. taste it and you wouldn't like to eat any other food
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by luluman: 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2022
NwaNimo1:
[img]https://giffiles./216/216405.gif[/img]

Tufia Kwa.....
Hate people have come.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by GloriousGbola: 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2022
massmediang:
I traveled to Osogbo in Osun state and tasted gbegiri soup with small ewedu and Amala for the first time. It was wonderful and I kept eating it throughout my stay in Osogbo.
Gbegiri soup is made with beans and it's a popular delicacy among Yoruba speaking people of Nigeria. Well, I tasted it for the first time and discovered that the taste is universally friendly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcNPUR788mw

Nice. But for the real deal go to Ibadan - the amala HQ.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by SugarGirl44(f): 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Wait till they come..

They distaste anything Yoruba!

They're mad ni.
They were conceived and bred in hatred.
They don't like us yet they won't leave us alone.
Confused tribe.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Olat4421: 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2022
Omo dis guy dey enjoy ooo

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Wale0073245(m): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2022
Now you've made it in life
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by shantti(m): 4:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
I love efo riro, I love ekuru, I love ewa agoyin(I can eat this all day), but you see ewedu, tufiakwa, I can't, it looks repulsive to me. I can't stay where there are eating it. I might vomit and it's not intentional. I don't like gbegiri too but Amala doesn't look so bad just that it is too sticky and too soft, almost gel-like

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by tellsblinks(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2022
Wilson212:
My brother I eat this in obalende restaurant in Awka for the first time in my life .I really enjoyed it infact one of.the best food I have eaten in my life .I can't believe I live in Lagos for more than two years without eating it just because of discouragement from my Igbo brothers and the way ewedu looks.i wish I am living Awka I will be eating it at least twice a week

Where's this in awka?
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by skinnyzsam(m): 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
emmyluizzz:

are you hungry...??

do you need money
both am in trouble and on the verge of losing my business, i need someone to buy my tv set or loan me so i could finance and revive my business please anyone help. i dont want to commit
Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by nnofaith: 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
Only foolish people allow hatred to stop them from enjoying life, my favourites in no particular order;
Oha soup
Ofe nsala
Edikaikong
Efo riro
Abula
Tuwo, rice and maize with abula
Ogbono at any igbo restaurant
Okra soup at any igbo restaurant
Afang
Ewa Agonyin
Wance or is it wakye.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time by Oppsin: 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2022
I sabi the place for Osogbo op, na Amala dem dey call the place. Very popular woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How I made Spicy Concoction Vegetable Noodles. Photos / Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) / How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.